PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Lynx/Blizzard play in USL & at Lamport?

tfcmanu
06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I read these boards and see all the MLSE bashing on how they run TFC, what if the Toronto Lynx or Blizzard moved back to the USL and played at Lamport and eventualy had a MLS franchise would you switch over how diehard are you, I don't think I can do it I'm a TFC supporter not a MLSE supporter but I was a Blizzard fan in my younger days, However MLSE really pisses me off...What are your thoughts.

:cool:

menefreghista
06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
The Blizzard don't exist anymore.

Lamport is a dump. Plus its pitch isn't even regulation size.

Shway
06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
....and that thread just got shat on folks

TFC hammer
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I would jump ship if it happened. I can't stand MLSE.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
The Blizzard ceased to exist a long time ago, and I don't think I'd support the Lynx.

tfcmanu
06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
The Blizzard don't exist anymore.

Lamport is a dump. Plus its pitch isn't even regulation size.

I know the Blizzards don't exist anymore, However I was a Blizzards fan first before TFC came into the picture, so who knows....It would make for an interesting scenario.

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I think what he's getting at is the logical impossibility of a team that no longer exists moving into Lamport. ;)

TorontoBlades
06-05-2009, 02:34 PM
What if we could buy it instead of a CSL team and move it to Birchmount Stadium again

billygrieveuk
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
thats it, lets all get together a buy our own team!
first signing....del piero! or was it figo....

Carts
06-05-2009, 02:38 PM
It'll never happen, but in a "same thing" kinda way, if Toronto ever gets a second NHL team (unlikely put possible), I'll be on that bandwagon in two-feet & a heartbeat!

Carts...

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I won't.

tfcmanu
06-05-2009, 02:47 PM
It'll never happen, but in a "same thing" kinda way, if Toronto ever gets a second NHL team (unlikely put possible), I'll be on that bandwagon in two-feet & a heartbeat!

Carts...

Second hockey team might just happen why not another footie team UNITED TORONTO FOTTBALL CLUB...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/646049

I_AM_CANADIAN
06-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a great idea, but I'd still be a Leafs fan. For me, loyalty doesn't change based upon ownership, results, whatever. The club itself goes deeper than that, and so does my loyalty to the Leafs and TFC.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-05-2009, 05:17 PM
The Blizzard no longer exist, so it's a moot point with that team. As for the Lynx, it's a mom-and-pop operation (literally). The Hartrells don't have the money or the ambition necessary for top-flight football.

Even if a well-funded group tried to establish another MLS team in Toronto, it would be shot down quickly. Territorial rights would be a thorny issue, and MLSE doesn't strike me as an entity that likes to share revenue streams.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-05-2009, 05:40 PM
I was a Blizzard supporter back in the NASL days,CSL, and wished the named would have continued into MLS. But no i would not switch back if a new team came into operation..