PDA

View Full Version : Mo's Future: Poll

jloome
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok, I'm posting a poll on Mo's future as GM.

A few options here, so give it a minute for the questions to go up.

The question and answers:

Should Mo be fired?

1. No, but if the team misses the playoffs, sayonara
2. Yes, it's a harsh world, full of losses to USL clubs
3. No, He's doing a good job and drafts well, blame the players.

....and if someone wants to post the poll part, that would help. My login won't let me, for some reason.

shwade
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
The way the team is playing right now we don't know if they're going to make a run and get into the playoffs but even if we barely squeeze in I think it's time to close the door on his era...the only problem that remains is MLSE's ability to find a competent replacement.

OHARARULES
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Ok, I'm posting a poll on Mo's future as GM.

A few options here, so give it a minute for the questions to go up.

The question and answers:

Should Mo be fired?

1. No, but if the team misses the playoffs, sayonara
2. Yes, it's a harsh world, full of losses to USL clubs
3. No, He's doing a good job and drafts well, blame the players.

....and if someone wants to post the poll part, that would help. My login won't let me, for some reason.

4. Mo takes over the Coachs position!

they need to find a real coach...

gracos
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes, it's a harsh world, full of losses to USL clubs

ensco
06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Making the playoffs isn't enough. You can be mediocre and get in.

This team has never shown anything in must-win games.

If we have any playoff games like the game Tuesday night, he'll be run out of here on a railroad.

Jack
06-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Poll added

mclaren
06-04-2009, 09:06 PM
As I said 2 years ago (and was shot down in flames), the guy has no record of success ANYWHERE so why should he start being successful now? We have seen nothing but crap so far so I continue to say FIRE HIM NOW, end the misery. Hire someone with a track record of success.

Cambridge_Red
06-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Get rid of him now while the playoffs are still a chance.

sully
06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Mo has done some things well, some things not so well. However, at the end of the day, the players we have, the coaching staff in place, the teams performance and the running of the club are ultimately Mo's responsibility. Following that debacle over Carver and the horror show we witnessed in Vancouver, Mo should resign.

poppamidnight
06-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Promises that never materialize...

that's how he's lasted so long...

and when we do get players, it takes too bloody long to get them here.

Drafting, Schmafting.... It's not like he was some genuis for scouting Frei, Edu, Cronin....

Frei fell to us, and Cronin was the "most ready to step in" player availible in all expert analysis prior to the draft....
He wouldh've been an idiot to pass on them...

Edu was the consensus pick when we nabbed him...

So his only real drafting to judge him on (where he actually had to analyze players) is Julius James, Pat Phelan, Andy Boyens.... Not a good record to say the least

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
voted no only for the reason the club gave him a 5 year plan and that should be followed through..after the 5th season then decide...right now the ones that go
must be players we have a team of floaters just like the leafs and that cant do, not
for a football club..lets get rid of the dead wood and start a new.

Dirk Diggler
06-04-2009, 09:30 PM
To be honest, it had become quite obvious that he was not cut out for the job quite early. The minute he mentioned the "5 year plan" thing I figured he was just out there buying himself time.

TFC07
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
It doesn't matter if we make the playoffs or not, Mo gotta go!

No Mo(re)!

nascarguy
06-04-2009, 10:01 PM
mlse has a month to fire him or there head will be mine

David
06-04-2009, 10:27 PM
voted no only for the reason the club gave him a 5 year plan and that should be followed through..after the 5th season then decide...right now the ones that go
must be players we have a team of floaters just like the leafs and that cant do, not
for a football club..lets get rid of the dead wood and start a new.

You believe in 5 year plans? ...Not saying I dont, Mo definitely has a five year plan. Year 1- It's an expansion team Year 2- Still building the squad, fuck coaching Year 3- Put all the blame on the lack of good coaching Year 4-Almost got another years worth of salary etc, etc. Fire the cunt.

rocker
06-04-2009, 10:51 PM
playoffs are a must this year.
He makes the playoffs, he stays.
He doesn't make the playoffs, then the 3 years are up. I've always said 3 years is a nice period to see what someone can do. year 1 is usually a mess, year 2 is consolidation, year 3 is achieving something (playoffs, a non-league cup etc.).

Year 2 was a 10 point improvement on year 1. On the current pace, Year 3 would be a 5 point improvement on year 2, with playoffs. That's enough to get a 4th year on the job. But if the team stalls at 35 points this season, and no playoffs, the GM has had enough of a chance and it's time to move on.

nascarguy
06-04-2009, 10:54 PM
win or lose he is gone

jloome
06-05-2009, 01:10 AM
The Seattle comparison isn't helping. People can talk all they want about Seattle having infrastructure in place, but we're in year 3, they're in year one, and their signings have simply worked out better.

Mo's one real job is crafting the club, and he's allegedly been given permission to bring in a DP level player if it's "right" for the club. I'd say it was right for the club about six games ago.

trane
06-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Clearly, I say no now. Howevr, if he stays simply making the playoffs is not enough to convince me otherwise, the team has to show good consisten play not just stumble its way into the play offs. It must show some real form and quality for a strech. However, as I said I would simply fire him now.

TFC Tifoso
06-05-2009, 07:15 AM
4. Mo takes over the Coachs position!

they need to find a real coach...

And you're suggesting Mo?? Did you miss Year 1??

rocker
06-05-2009, 07:38 AM
The Seattle comparison isn't helping.

What about the San Jose comparison? San Jose is on pace for 4 fewer points in its second season than TFC had in its first. Why does TFC get compared only to Seattle but not San Jose?

Yet every once in awhile I hear praise for Frank Yallop. I don't get it.

The fact is, beyond TFC Seattle has more points than *9* other MLS teams right now. Forget the TFC blinders for a second... but 9 other teams, of varying pedigrees, are playing worse than an expansion team in its first year. But time will tell -- Seattle could "pull a San Jose" and finish with fewer points in year 2.

supersaint
06-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Ok, so look at how De Ro is complaining bitterly about the turf, rightfully so. Look at how Huckerby wouldnt play here. Do you guys honestly think that because we get a new GM that all of a sudden players are going to be willing to play here on the turf? Mo has not done a bad job of drafting. He can spot talent, but it is much more difficult to talk established and typically aging stars into finishing their careers on this surface.

CoachGT
06-05-2009, 08:19 AM
I stand by earlier comments about style of play. Unless this team can demonstrate consistently that they can play a modified English-style game and win against comparable and lesser competition and be competitive with teams at the top of the table, week in and week out, then perhaps a change in playing style is in order. And if the coaching staff and GM can't accomplish this, then a change is due.

Firing Mo today would put the season in further disarray. But failed results cannot be tolerated much longer.

TOBOR !
06-05-2009, 08:35 AM
where's the 'no, we're only a third year expansion club. I'll wait until the 4th year before deciding' option.

trane
06-05-2009, 08:59 AM
What about the San Jose comparison? San Jose is on pace for 4 fewer points in its second season than TFC had in its first. Why does TFC get compared only to Seattle but not San Jose?

Yet every once in awhile I hear praise for Frank Yallop. I don't get it.

The fact is, beyond TFC Seattle has more points than *9* other MLS teams right now. Forget the TFC blinders for a second... but 9 other teams, of varying pedigrees, are playing worse than an expansion team in its first year. But time will tell -- Seattle could "pull a San Jose" and finish with fewer points in year 2.

Mo is doing great because San Jose is worse then us?

trane
06-05-2009, 08:59 AM
where's the 'no, we're only a third year expansion club. I'll wait until the 4th year before deciding' option.

Why next year, be fair to Mo, wait until he he has had the full five years that he asked for. He deserves it.

Beach_Red
06-05-2009, 09:01 AM

Where's the, "He'll just be replaced by another guy who's not allowed to spend DP money."

Cas87
06-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Wait, what?
Now we are giving Mo a chance until the playoffs? (or lack there of)
What happened to all the RPBs that wanted to fire Mo when we lost in the Carolina Cup?

TFC USA
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Sure, give him as much time as he wants. We'll keep failing while the folks wearing rose-colored (coloured? :D ) glasses say "5 year plan? Let's give him a second 5 year plan!".

He's been a failure since New York. He must be fired after the Montreal game (which we'll probably win 3-0, fall 1 goal short on a Barrett missed chance from 1 yard out).

TOBOR !
06-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Why next year, be fair to Mo, wait until he he has had the full five years that he asked for. He deserves it.

in year 4 you have a pretty good idea what year 5 is shaping up like. Mo has made some good deals and done well in the draft. We've improved year over year. He deserves some credit.

Next year we ought to be able to look back at where we've been and have an idea of where we're going - if it doesn't appear to be forward then the 5th year of a 5 year plan is moot.

Right now he's in the middle of a job (IMO) - let him keep at it.

Besides, a string of 2 or 3 good results and everything'll be back to normal, so let's not be too hasty.

TFC USA
06-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I just realized the perfect idea.

Fire Mo and make Danny Dichio the first ever Player-GM. We'll be undefeated. :D

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
You believe in 5 year plans? ...Not saying I dont, Mo definitely has a five year plan. Year 1- It's an expansion team Year 2- Still building the squad, fuck coaching Year 3- Put all the blame on the lack of good coaching Year 4-Almost got another years worth of salary etc, etc. Fire the cunt.

Yes still belive in the five year plan..although after this season its getting close to being over:

1) Year one 2007- we were glad to have a football team back after the
demise of the NASL Blizzard in 1984.we didnt expect to win often

2) Year two 2008-saw slight improvement on year one..progress, maybe
not as good as some had hoped but improvement none the less,

3) Year three-2009_ at the beginning of the season i said a .500 season would be great improvement and should get us a playoff spot..we are on course for both to happen..the canadian championship? not done,but they
have made it hard fro them selves

4) Year four 2010-Olympic and World Cup year. We could be missing a
few players during this time, Wynne,Guevara, so Mo needs to address\
this off season...year 4 i expect playoff action and a winning club record
and finally a canadian championship and concacaf champ league appearence.

5) year five-2011-if year 3 and 4 have not been met, time to clean house. from management to players...but thats still 2 seasons away.

TFC USA
06-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Seattle, Real Salt Lake, and Chivas USA seem to be doing fine as expansion teams that have achieved success within said 5 years.

We can't just use this as an excuse to justify losing the Canadian Champions League to USL teams for two straight years, and having one of the worst striking corps in the MLS for going on three years.

Mo has had no success in New York, why should we give him all of this time? If this was any other league in Europe, South America, or Asia, his ass would be fired. We can't just rely on the draft and the occasional 30-something from the British Isles.

He must go.

Parkdale
06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Mo and his agents have done some great things,
but I just don't like the guy - so I'll try not to let
my emotional take on it cloud the issue.

I think the biggest consideration is his replacement.
(until we have one, we can't do without a manager)

I would like to see him gone, but not at the expense of putting someone worse in his position.

TFC USA
06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Come on, you know you want Dichio to be GM. He's like the mascot/generator for this team. :)

Parkdale
06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Come on, you know you want Dichio to be GM. He's like the mascot/generator for this team. :)

I'd prefer he was some sort of 'striker coach'. Certainly we have a few guys who could learn a lesson or two in how to aim a shot.

TFC USA
06-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I can already do that.

Me: Okay Chad, when you have an open header, pretend the goalkeeper is in that open patch in the far left corner, okay?

Problem solved bitches.

Yohan
06-05-2009, 01:46 PM
I can already do that.

Me: Okay Chad, when you have an open header, pretend the goalkeeper is in that open patch in the far left corner, okay?

Problem solved bitches.
LMAO

BuSaPuNk
06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Mo and his agents have done some great things,
but I just don't like the guy - so I'll try not to let
my emotional take on it cloud the issue.

I think the biggest consideration is his replacement.
(until we have one, we can't do without a manager)

I would like to see him gone, but not at the expense of putting someone worse in his position.

Couldn't agree with you more Parky!!! Look at the leafs when they hired JFJ it was a custerfuck from the begining and then people complained when we couldn't help the leafs that he just made them worse. Now Burke is in place and they have a base to work upon. MoJo stays until we can get someone better qualified for the postion.

jloome
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Anyone else find it highly suspect that there's hardly a supportive word for the man in any message on the forum and yet he's winning this poll?

trane
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
^ I have a hard time believing that there are even a few that still back Mo. He has done so little to deserve it. He has drafted some good players, but even that is somewhat overstated.

Beach_Red
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Anyone else find it highly suspect that there's hardly a supportive word for the man in any message on the forum and yet he's winning this poll?

It may not be suspect. I don't have an opinion about Mo one way or the other but I have zero faith in MLSE finding a better replacement in the middle of a season. (I know, I know people here think anyone would be better, but if they hire someone who doesn't understand the weird MLS roster rules it actually could be worse).

Changing coaches and managers is the easiest way for ownership to act like they're doing something without really doing anything. What are the chances MLSE will do a proper search for a manager? They'll find someone fast who'll work cheap and for a short-term contract.

Now, it's very annoying that Sigi was willing to leave Columbus after a championship season and TFC didn't even make an offer to him. Maybe he'll be willing to leve Seattle after the season ends.

But at this point it's not worth hiring anyone who hasn't won an MLS Cup.

Jack
06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Could be that they simply would rather not get into it with the Mo-haters, so they vote but don't comment?

torontocelt
06-05-2009, 11:15 PM
It is difficult to apportion blame in this league when there is so many factors. Mo is the one who signs the players so he is responsible to a point. The league puts restrictions on money being spent so they are to blame to a point. The coach decides the tactics so he is to blame to a point. The players are the ones out there so they are to blame to a point. It is difficult to say that one person/ group deserves more blame than the other such is the structure within the league. Who do I blame, well I remember a lot of people on these boards at the start of the season praising Mo and his signings, people saying we were going to do well due to our superior attacking players, a lot seems to have changed since then. Personally I appoint most of the blame to the players, the team isn't that bad from front to back, they are the ones on the pitch and they are the ones struggling to deliver. Each of them should take a look at their perfomances and realise it is not good enough. They are letting themselves down by losing to a team like Vancouver, they are letting the managment down who have put faith in them and they are letting down the supporters who spend their money paying the players wages. No matter what goes on behind the scenes or whether or not TFC has grass they should be above the USL standard, if they are not then they should not be in the MLS.

Yohan
06-05-2009, 11:36 PM
all it takes is one frigging striker who can score one goal every 3 games in MLS. that's it!

Inswingingwingman
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Mo the jacobite? Mojo? Mo who will never play for anyone but Celtic?

There is the question of loyalty that will forever hang over his head.

Not out of the question that he runs the Vancouver or Montreal team the day after he leaves, and they beat us.

No way to figure this guy out.

Of course we don't have protestant vrs. catholic supporters wars......here.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 05:39 PM
^ It kind of feels like you wish we did have those wars here??

Inswingingwingman
06-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Na the wife's a catho, I get away with the orange Tshirt on July 12, but we leave it alone.

Stop, she's putting on the old school uniform kilt and I gotta take a heart pill before...never mind.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Na the wife's a catho, I get away with the orange Tshirt on July 12, but we leave it alone.

Stop, she's putting on the old school uniform kilt and I gotta take a heart pill before...never mind.

:lol::lol::lol:

K1nG
06-06-2009, 06:26 PM
fire him, he is a bum. Fire Cummins to, and fire Paul aka MLSinToronto.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 06:32 PM
fire him, he is a bum. Fire Cummins to, and fire Paul aka MLSinToronto.

I am still shocked that in all of Toronto not a single other ownership group was interested in an MLS team. They got a practically free stadium and a small epansion fee and still no one else in all of souther Ontario was interested.

You can get on this endless trip of replacing of GMs and coaches but will it change anything?

FCBarcelona
06-06-2009, 06:52 PM
The Seattle comparison isn't helping. People can talk all they want about Seattle having infrastructure in place, but we're in year 3, they're in year one, and their signings have simply worked out better.

Mo's one real job is crafting the club, and he's allegedly been given permission to bring in a DP level player if it's "right" for the club. I'd say it was right for the club about six games ago.
=====
i agree with point,
Seattle yoo cannae compare cos Seattle already had a team, but there signing of top players have hellped them.

bhoybobby
06-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I warned everyone here on Mo from the get go. A little bird told me he's going nowhere & will soon be signing an extension.

It is what it is, a heap of steaming shite, get used to it. We're being taken for fools.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I warned everyone here on Mo from the get go. A little bird told me he's going nowhere & will soon be signing an extension.

It is what it is, a heap of steaming shite, get used to it. We're being taken for fools.

Did the little bird mention anything about Kansas City?

bhoybobby
06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
No, I'd love for them to take the gobshite

BleedRed
06-06-2009, 08:09 PM
wow people in this poll must be blowin rails with MO....the man is a joke, period. He should have been gone a long time ago.

Fiin
06-06-2009, 08:10 PM
wow people in this poll must be blowin rails with this MO....the man is a joke, period.

Its amazing.. hes like Stalin or Kennedy, hes seems to have this disillusioned cult of personality..

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Its amazing.. hes like Stalin or Kennedy, hes seems to have this disillusioned cult of personality..

No, people here just don't think he has any power in the organization. We don't want him fired just to bring in another version of him. And then another and another.

Unless that would satisfy you?

All they have to do is sign a DP to prove that they're interested in winning. The manager is not standing in the way of that, the $$$ guys are.

Section 117
06-06-2009, 08:19 PM

I heard the same thing that th red headed drunk is very close to signing a 4 year extension and we will get more of this crap.

I figured out why is his face and nose is always red he is too busy blowing the boys at MLSE

Fiin
06-06-2009, 08:30 PM
No, people here just don't think he has any power in the organization. We don't want him fired just to bring in another version of him. And then another and another.

Unless that would satisfy you?

All they have to do is sign a DP to prove that they're interested in winning. The manager is not standing in the way of that, the $$$ guys are.

I dont think the $$ guys are to be honest... I think that its alot of other factors.. one thing MLSE doesnt do in general is cheap out.. I dispise them, but will give them, they dont tend to cheap out.

Yer right, we dont need another Mo, but not thinking he has power is just silly, he prolly is 3rd or 4th in the heirarchy atm.. yer talking about the same people who gave John Ferguson almost complete power his 1st couple years.

Beach_Red
06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I dont think the $$ guys are to be honest... I think that its alot of other factors.. one thing MLSE doesnt do in general is cheap out.. I dispise them, but will give them, they dont tend to cheap out.

Yer right, we dont need another Mo, but not thinking he has power is just silly, he prolly is 3rd or 4th in the heirarchy atm.. yer talking about the same people who gave John Ferguson almost complete power his 1st couple years.

They don't cheap out, but they don't spend at the very top - they are mid-range, maybe top third. Well, they spent the whole salary cap, but no DP. There's no reason for the manager not to bring in a DP - he spent all the money they gave him, why wouldn't he spend that, too?

The thing is, TFC is likely going to be a mid-range MLS team. If the attendence is in the top third of the league, they'll be happy. Sure, they'd make even more $$$ if they sold out every game, but they'd also make more $$$ if they made the playoffs and the Champins League and they don't seem too concerned about that. So, they'll maximize up to the point of too much risk. I guess they decided a DP wasn't worth it.

Someday this team will have another manager. It'll be the same team in the same league with the same owners.

Fiin
06-06-2009, 08:47 PM
They don't cheap out, but they don't spend at the very top - they are mid-range, maybe top third. Well, they spent the whole salary cap, but no DP. There's no reason for the manager not to bring in a DP - he spent all the money they gave him, why wouldn't he spend that, too?

The thing is, TFC is likely going to be a mid-range MLS team. If the attendence is in the top third of the league, they'll be happy. Sure, they'd make even more $$$ if they sold out every game, but they'd also make more $$$ if they made the playoffs and the Champins League and they don't seem too concerned about that. So, they'll maximize up to the point of too much risk. I guess they decided a DP wasn't worth it.

Someday this team will have another manager. It'll be the same team in the same league with the same owners.

I am having a hard time disagreeing with you...I think yer near dead on.. except I think MLSE cared if we made CL, I just dont think some players did.

TicTacTabarnack
06-06-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.abovethelaw.com/images/entries/Donald%20Trump%20You%27re%20Fired%20Above%20the%20 Law%20blog.gif

SoccMan
06-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Mo is a poser who has taken the people at MLSE who have no clue about soccer for a ride, he has been able to live off his name that he built as a player after a decent playing career. However, being a good player does not always make you a good general manager or a coach as we have all seen so often in all sports.

Waggy
06-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Is it too late to change my vote? lol. Cause its definitely a harsh world out there.... unless your name is Mo anyways.

Pookie
06-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Would surely be interesting to bump a few threads from the offseason and maybe even the first few games.

Mo brought in Serioux and De Rosario. Drafted well. He even was pushing for grass publicly.

Pretty high ratings approval and quite a few of us would have done the exact same thing at the time.

Now that they are losing is it right to fry a guy for decisions the majority of us would have made? (except of course for those that could have predicted this without using hindsight)

If the players quit on each other... whose fault is that?

alexintoronto
06-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Most people wanted an experienced CB and a DP striker.

Pookie
06-07-2009, 08:31 AM
^ regardless, his ratings were fairly high at the start of the season for his off season moves.

Beach_Red
06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Hindsight, makes us all genuises.

Beach_Red
06-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Most people wanted an experienced CB and a DP striker.

Most people wanted a DP striker - still do. I don't want them to bring in some other team's leftover, I want a $2-3 million guy.

The back line wouldn't be so bad if they could put the ball in the net once in a while.

Waggy
06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
So just because we were as wrong as him means we can't critize? He's the one building the team, he should know better. We're shmucks on a message board. He's a professional. The moves, on paper, looked really good. On plastic, they don't. Who's fault is it if it isn't the guy who signed the players?

Beach_Red
06-07-2009, 09:30 AM
So just because we were as wrong as him means we can't critize? He's the one building the team, he should know better. We're shmucks on a message board. He's a professional. The moves, on paper, looked really good. On plastic, they don't. Who's fault is it if it isn't the guy who signed the players?

Oh, we should certainly critisize.

We should also remember that when we're certain the team will get a better manager and coach we're the shmucks who thought the roster looked pretty good.

Pookie
06-07-2009, 11:49 AM

It's easy to blame one person and sometimes, it's valid.

I think you have to answer the fundamental question, is this team underperforming?

If the answer is no, they are just crap, then that falls squarely on the GM and anyone involved in evaluating talent.

If the answer is yes, they are better than this, then that casts a wider net.

You could still look to the GM and question whether he evaluated all aspects of the player (work ethic, ability to fit within the team).

You could look to the coach and his staff. Are they getting the best out of players? Are they prepared, consistent, respected, tactical, etc?

You could look to the conditions they play in. Players who grew up playing on grass now learning to play on pavement.

You could look to the players themselves and the leadership within the room. What is Brennan doing to unite the team? Is he the right leader? Is he voicing player concerns with management effectively? Where's Dichio in all of this? Is he grabbing players by the short hairs and demanding a full 90?

Waggy
06-07-2009, 04:35 PM
It's easy to blame one person and sometimes, it's valid.

I think you have to answer the fundamental question, is this team underperforming?

If the answer is no, they are just crap, then that falls squarely on the GM and anyone involved in evaluating talent.

If the answer is yes, they are better than this, then that casts a wider net.

You could still look to the GM and question whether he evaluated all aspects of the player (work ethic, ability to fit within the team).

You could look to the coach and his staff. Are they getting the best out of players? Are they prepared, consistent, respected, tactical, etc?

You could look to the conditions they play in. Players who grew up playing on grass now learning to play on pavement.

You could look to the players themselves and the leadership within the room. What is Brennan doing to unite the team? Is he the right leader? Is he voicing player concerns with management effectively? Where's Dichio in all of this? Is he grabbing players by the short hairs and demanding a full 90?

I agree with all of that. My rebuttal would be though, that the same guy who signed the players is also in charge of finding a coach to maximize the players. And now he's on his 3rd try with that. As for the players taking leadership roles, didn't we see a few times in the past few games players on our team openly critizing each other on the field? I don't know if its as much an effort problem as chemistry. But either way, its the GM's role to find players who can play together, and get a coach/staff to get them to play to their best.

And as much as our pitch is crap, both teams play on the same pitch. Thats not an acceptable excuse to me. If anything we should have an advantage of knowing how to play on it (not sure if you're a baseball fan, but back before the Dome replaced the astro-turf with whatever they have now, knowing how to play balls hit a certain way gave a HUGE homefield advantage to our defense)