PDA

View Full Version : DERO a Little Upset??

Krasno.pL.
06-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Dont know if anyone found this or not.. or posted it.. sorry in advance..

just found this on Fan590 site :)

De Ro A Little Upset?? (http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/itsallred/2009/06/04/de-ro-a-little-upset/)

By: David Alter
While it’s been known for awhile, it is now official, Toronto FC will take Real Madrid on August 7th at 7:30pm at BMO Field.
As part of the agreement, A temporary grass surface will be placed on top of BMO’s current fieldturf at the request of Real, something which TFC midfielder Dwayne De Rosario is calling a double standard.
“Real Madrid is coming here and we put grass in? What does that mean for myself as a player for TFC? We don’t get that respect?” De Rosario continues to rant. “We work hard everyday here (BMO) and we try hard day in and day out, we deserve grass. I don’t think because a team comes in, we have to suit their needs to get grass. I think we should keep it.”

werewolf
06-04-2009, 03:06 PM
The Gospel according to DeRo.

olegunnar
06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
He'd understand the walk out

Sally Mack
He makes a very valid point.

TFC Via Buffalo

Praise be to Dwayne.

Sab0tage
We SHOULD keep it. But MLSE aren't too intelligent, so it probably won't happen.

Darlofletch
06-04-2009, 03:08 PM
attaboy De Ro. Keep the pressure on.

Chevy
06-04-2009, 03:08 PM
We SHOULD keep it. But MLSE aren't too intelligent, so it probably won't happen.

You can't keep it. It will be dead a week or two after its put in place.

H Bomb
06-04-2009, 03:09 PM
That's our man right there. He needs to know we love him!

shawn6597
if this is a legit quote it should be used in a banner

We don’t get that respect? (with a grass border) and an x'd out RM logo

Bobo
Well people were wondering how the players feel about the match, there ya go and thinking about it now, its pretty obvious that players would feel insulted. ML$E are just pissing everyone off with this ordeal.

billyfly
06-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I wonder what he was told about the future of a grass pitch when he was traded and signed here.

BuSaPuNk
06-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Well people were wondering how the players feel about the match, there ya go and thinking about it now, its pretty obvious that players would feel insulted. ML$E are just pissing everyone off with this ordeal.

Seems that way doesn't it? Nice to see DeRo step to the plate and be vocial about his displeasure. Hey DeRo while your at it want to rip into them about the leafs too?? You must be a leaf fan!! lol :scarf:

ilikemusic
DeRo is the baws! :canada:

The Kingpin

De Ro A Little Upset?? (http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/itsallred/2009/06/04/de-ro-a-little-upset/)

While it’s been known for awhile, it is now official, Toronto FC will take Real Madrid on August 7th at 7:30pm at BMO Field.
As part of the agreement, A temporary grass surface will be placed on top of BMO’s current fieldturf at the request of Real, something which TFC midfielder Dwayne De Rosario is calling a double standard.
“Real Madrid is coming here and we put grass in? What does that mean for myself as a player for TFC? We don’t get that respect?” De Rosario continues to rant. “We work hard everyday here (BMO) and we try hard day in and day out, we deserve grass. I don’t think because a team comes in, we have to suit their needs to get grass. I think we should keep it.”

This is HUGE!

Every supporter needs to read this - every single one. All the individuals who said we were turning our backs on the team...

This needs to be sent to the whole membership - of all groups. Do we have a taker... ROONEY!!

Phil
06-04-2009, 03:16 PM
It is a pretty big slap in the face... This Real Madrid game keeps getting messier and messier.

H Bomb
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
It is a pretty big slap in the face... This Real Madrid game keeps getting messier and messier.

as pissed as it still makes me, hopefully it will be remembered as a lesson learned. I doubt it though

ExiledRed
06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
DeRo echoes exactly what I said when the possibility of grass for a friendly was bought up.

It's an admission that the surface is crap, and that ownership could give a rats arse what it does to the players.

Toronto Gunner
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't agree with DeRo at all.

Wait a minute, yes I do! The respect banner with the RM logo x'd out and the grass border is a brilliant idea.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Well Done DeRo!! although i would expect alittle repremand from MLSE for this...:{

Hooligan69
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
DeRo echoes exactly what I said when the possibility of grass for a friendly was bought up.

It's an admission that the surface is crap, and that ownership could give a rats arse what it does to the players.

They don't care about players
They don't care about fans
Toronto Football Club is in the wrong hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibt0utwA6U4

Krasno.pL.
06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
If MLSE repremands him.. u know hes gone.. lol
he wont take that shit

ilikemusic

And that the other 99% of our games arent important enough.

flatpicker
thanks DeRo!

TFC Tifoso
06-04-2009, 03:27 PM
DeRo is the fucking boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR EVERYBODY WHO HASN'T GOTTEN IT BY NOW......THIS!!!!!! IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY SUPPORTERS HAD STRONG FEELINGS ABOUT THIS GAME!!!!

How do you feel now that the star player has come out and said it?!?!?!??!

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Gimme a hand here guys

M-L-S-E!
What are you do-in'?
Can't you see?
The turf is ruined.
But when Madrid come to play
You take it away
Walkin in a DeRo wonderland!

M-L-S-E....

flatpicker
06-04-2009, 03:36 PM
^ that is very nice!

FluSH
06-04-2009, 03:38 PM

wow

Here Here DeRo!

The Kingpin
06-04-2009, 03:42 PM

Awesome!! I called and you came!! Honestly - I think this should be shown on every communication piece by days end.

- e-mail to supporters groups
- Media channels (Radio/TV/Print/Bloggers)
- Front of the website (Red Patch)
- Facebook/Twitter/My Space

Let the fans know - any way possible.

Anybody going to be the champion?

wzhxvy
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I gain more and more respect for Dero everyday. Very happy and glad he said what we were all thinking.

KShep121
06-04-2009, 03:51 PM

What does Mark Messier have to do with this?

TFC Tifoso
06-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I gain more and more respect for Dero everyday. Very happy and glad he said what we were all thinking.

wrong....lets not make a mistake here.....some....err, many were absolutely thrilled about this game.....hopefully the tune will change.....

wzhxvy
06-04-2009, 03:58 PM
wrong....lets not make a mistake here.....some....err, many were absolutely thrilled about this game.....hopefully the tune will change.....

Excuse me...what a lot of us were saying. I personally have been consistent, this is a travesty.

__wowza
06-04-2009, 03:58 PM
here's hoping that TFC management doesn't give him shit for speaking his mind

Ratven
06-04-2009, 04:00 PM
That's excellent news. Also +1 to Redcoat's song.

TFC Tifoso
06-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Excuse me...what a lot of us were saying. I personally have been consistent, this is a travesty.

so have I....I feel the same.....good on DeRo

sully
06-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Absolutely agree with DeRo.

Auzzy
06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Just to clarify DeRo's stand: it seems he's (rightfully) upset about the temporary turf, but not about the RM game. Check this, last paragraph: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/06/04/toronto_fc_galaxy/

Pachuco
06-04-2009, 04:22 PM
If Dero was a woman....well....I'd...

wzhxvy
Btw, I cant help but think that Dero's frustration level might reach a point of no return. This guy is an asset that any team would want...he might be shipped out if he speaks out too much. Talk about a revolt if that happened but I would not be shocked.

SuperTCP
We should start throwing grass seeds or even nice chucks of sod.

:)

djking2
06-04-2009, 04:28 PM
If MLSE repremands him.. u know hes gone.. lol
he wont take that shit

Personally after all the hype and not much to show for it, let him go.

TFC OZZ
06-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Fantastic! I'm pleased, but not surprised whatsoever that he's come out and said this.

tfcgk
06-04-2009, 04:45 PM
In Dero We Trust!!

ExiledRed
06-04-2009, 04:46 PM
If Dero was a woman....well....I'd...

Hey man, DeRo may be a hit with the ladies, but he'd be one of the ugliest women alive.

I wouldnt....

The Kingpin
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey man, DeRo may be a hit with the ladies, but he'd be one of the ugliest women alive.

I wouldnt....

I think you'd be a lovely woman...

TFC07
06-04-2009, 04:59 PM
DeRo showing some leadership here. lol

DeRo for captain. :scarf:

ExiledRed
06-04-2009, 05:02 PM
I think you'd be a lovely woman...

I'd be the hottest dyke in town!

Zeke_Jones
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
MLSE are just cunts plain and simple. They wont spend a dime unless it makes them a dollar.

Kevvv
06-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Maybe this is part of the dance. MLSE, PB know we need grass. Has the city approved a permanent change? Are they expediting the locating of an alternate facility for community use, or are they putting up road blocks?

It's not like the team doesn't want grass for MLS games, but temporary grass isn't in the cards from April to October, so they need a plan B. And whether we like it or not, the RM 'package' (temp grass + ? prices + ? TV rights + move regular game = ???) is a separate decision, and I'm sure it does not need the approval of Mayor Miller and his band of merry men.

ExiledRed
06-04-2009, 05:10 PM
MLSE are just cunts plain and simple. They wont spend a dime unless it makes them a dollar this tax year.

fixed :)

james
06-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Dero is saying just what i was thinking when i herd about this Real Madrid bull shit!!!!:scarf:

loconet
06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
DeRo is smart. He knows the supporters agree with him on the grass issue. MLSE/MLS would be silly to take out on him for speaking the truth like this.

DeRo, I know you read these boards. Don't worry we got your back boi!

ExiledRed
06-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Every last player on the squad needs to back him up on this.

The Coaching staff should speak their minds too.

james
06-04-2009, 05:32 PM
ya ive onlly ever herd DeRo and Carver bring up the grass issues. I would really like to see more players come forward, and it makes me SOOOO mad knowing they will give Real Madrid grass in a heart beat but not give TFC grass!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-04-2009, 05:36 PM

i was a DeRo critic for the first 8-9games but lately he has shown the talent he has...lets hold on to him and maybe get players to work with him.:scarf:

james
06-04-2009, 05:56 PM

man to many people on these boards complain about are players. Trade this guy, trade that guy, shoot this guy, its crazy most people give a player 1 game to prove themself and if they dont score every game get rid of them.

One problem we have had is players constently comming and going, we gotta build a team.

AL-MO
06-04-2009, 06:03 PM

HUH?!? DERO has been one of our best players this season.

Cas87
06-04-2009, 06:09 PM

Praise be to Dwayne.

De Ro 3:14 says; "GIVE ME GOD DAMN GRASS"

:flare: :flare: :flare: :flare: :flare: :flare: :flare: :flare: :flare: :flare: :flare:

Dunkers
06-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Here is what i dont understand about all this protesting

First we need to make it clear, if ML$E was given the go ahead for grass they would have it in tommorow, they need the City of Toronto's approval

Why does the City of Toronot not allow grass?
-they have invested millions apon millions in the facility, and it is to be made available for public use

How does MLSE convince the City to allow grass?
-Give the public somewhere else to play

How does MLSE give the public somewhere else to play?
-build a public use facility

Why doesnt MLSE buck up, and pay for a new facility?
-Shareholders will not approve of a massive capital investment unless MLSE can prove there is an increase in revenue streams

How does MLSE increase revenue streams?
-sign a few freindlies with teams that will only play on grass, and state at the next shareholders meeting, we made XXX dollars from a game on grass, and a new facility will cost XXXX, so if we pay to have a new public facility and put in grass, it will take XX freindlies to pay it off

So by boycotting, you are actually making it more difficult for MLSE to negotiate a deal with the shareholders to install grass...

I totally agree that it sucks to pay more of our hard earned $$$ to MLSE, but from a business perspective, this is what they are trying to achive

fiji_blue
06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I will say it on every thread Dero ia and will be our Hero!!!!

Kickit09
06-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Dero tells no lies.

andyc
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Here is what i dont understand about all this protesting

First we need to make it clear, if ML$E was given the go ahead for grass they would have it in tommorow, they need the City of Toronto's approval

-they have invested millions apon millions in the facility, and it is to be made available for public use

-Shareholders will not approve of a massive capital investment unless MLSE can prove there is an increase in revenue streams

-sign a few freindlies with teams that will only play on grass, and state at the next shareholders meeting, we made XXX dollars from a game on grass, and a new facility will cost XXXX, so if we pay to have a new public facility and put in grass, it will take XX freindlies to pay it off

So by boycotting, you are actually making it more difficult for MLSE to negotiate a deal with the shareholders to install grass...

I totally agree that it sucks to pay more of our hard earned $$$ to MLSE, but from a business perspective, this is what they are trying to achive

I agree with your comments up to the bolded one... MLSE signed up for an MLS franchise without any hard evidence that it would be a success. The business case to step up to get grass will not take a proof point such as the Real Madrid game - MLSE have plenty of evidence to push this through if they had the appetite for the investment...

This is a pure opportunistic cash grab and temporary grass is a necessary factor in that process.

Kickit09
06-04-2009, 08:35 PM

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1624

Redcoe15
06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
:flare: DE-RO! :flare:
:flare:DE-RO! :flare:
:flare: DE-RO! :flare:

Pookie
06-04-2009, 09:17 PM
I wrote Paul about that and haven't seen any commentary addressing it. They essentially said that the knees of Real Madrid players are more important than ours.

They are also saying that the profits generated by the casual fan at this event motivate action more than our collective swallowing of Marlies' tickets.

Hooligan69
06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I wrote Paul about that and haven't seen any commentary addressing it. They essentially said that the knees of Real Madrid players are more important than ours.

They are also saying that the profits generated by the casual fan at this event motivate action more than our collective swallowing of Marlies' tickets.

To be honest, I am not the least bit surprised.

Pookie
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Joe Pantalone, Deputy Mayor stated "We are not averse to grass. We actually think there is a lot of merit to it. But for that to happen, MLSEL must satisfy a lot of conditions."

What are those conditions? Essentially providing rental income.

Some facts. They rent for about $150/hour. It doesn't rent all year, 24 hours a day. It generates somewhere in the area of $150-300k in revenue for the city. That is what you'd have to compensate them for

Of course, that's a fairly easy sell in that they also share in the revenue generated by the Friendly. Or the $900k that they got for the FIFA U20 event.

True in that they need to give the public somewhere else to play. The Mayor is on record as saying he is in favour of grass provided they meet conditions of public use.

Or convert Lamport Stadium. "Pantalone said there have been discussions between the city and MLSEL about converting Lamport Stadium, located near the corner of King and Dufferin, to a year-round soccer facility." http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/06/03/9657326-sun.html (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/06/03/9657326-sun.html)

Shareholders do not need to approve every capital investment if it has already been budgeted for.

Sure but there is also a strategic case to be made that if they don't act now, they lose their competitive advantage and subsequently their ability to attract National and International events.

Vancouver is coming in 2011. They will have grass (no pun intended).

Montreal already hosted a National World Cup qualifier last year because of our turf. We lost out on that. Imagine if they expanded to 20,000-25,000 seats?

If Ottawa got an MLS franchise, their $100M Stadium was to be built with natural grass.

3 big cities... all with grass, 2 in the lucrative Eastern Time Zone TV market. MLSE/BMO/City of Toronto quickly become the 4th choice for National and International events.

This strategic opportunity trumps any single friendly, IMO.

fiji_blue
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Dero is our Hero and saviour f the rest we can make it happen... I believe TFC TFC .,, I am going 2 montreal .. TOROnTO TILL I DIE!!!! Soccer is our religion tfc is our our patch to the promise land .. Have faith me friends respect our players they do us right!!

EENIE MAN
06-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Joe Pantalone, Deputy Mayor stated "We are not averse to grass. We actually think there is a lot of merit to it. But for that to happen, MLSEL must satisfy a lot of conditions."

What are those conditions? Essentially providing rental income.

Some facts. They rent for about $150/hour. It doesn't rent all year, 24 hours a day. It generates somewhere in the area of $150-300k in revenue for the city. That is what you'd have to compensate them for

Of course, that's a fairly easy sell in that they also share in the revenue generated by the Friendly. Or the $900k that they got for the FIFA U20 event.

True in that they need to give the public somewhere else to play. The Mayor is on record as saying he is in favour of grass provided they meet conditions of public use.

Or convert Lamport Stadium. "Pantalone said there have been discussions between the city and MLSEL about converting Lamport Stadium, located near the corner of King and Dufferin, to a year-round soccer facility." http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/06/03/9657326-sun.html (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/06/03/9657326-sun.html)

Shareholders do not need to approve every capital investment if it has already been budgeted for.

Sure but there is also a strategic case to be made that if they don't act now, they lose their competitive advantage and subsequently their ability to attract National and International events.

Vancouver is coming in 2011. They will have grass (no pun intended).

Montreal already hosted a National World Cup qualifier last year because of our turf. We lost out on that. Imagine if they expanded to 20,000-25,000 seats?

If Ottawa got an MLS franchise, their $100M Stadium was to be built with natural grass.

3 big cities... all with grass, 2 in the lucrative Eastern Time Zone TV market. MLSE/BMO/City of Toronto quickly become the 4th choice for National and International events.

This strategic opportunity trumps any single friendly, IMO.

very intresting.works for me.
have you concidered working for TFC?
:scarf:

Kevvv
06-04-2009, 10:30 PM

Or, they essentially said that getting a chance to play one of the most successful football clubs in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Madrid_C.F.) is such a rare opportunity and has such potential to help grow the team that it's worth the extra expense of laying temporary grass, the hassle of changing the schedule, and the poor optics of laying grass when we already know we have issues with the current turf.

rocker
06-04-2009, 10:54 PM
They essentially said that the knees of Real Madrid players are more important than ours.

Umm, if Real Madrid was willing to play on fieldturf, MLSE would spend the money on grass just because?
Obviously the grass laydown would be a condition imposed by Real madrid, not a 250,000 "gift" for the royal team to protect their players. Otherwise, Real Madrid would be playing on fieldturf, as did Aston Villa, Independiente, and Pachuca.

Super
06-04-2009, 11:15 PM
So no grass this year. No grass next year. And I guess that means no DP this year, or next year.

Hooligan69
06-04-2009, 11:23 PM
So no grass this year. No grass next year. And I guess that means no DP this year, or next year.

Glorious five-year plan.

Shep
06-04-2009, 11:51 PM
DeRo is the fucking boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR EVERYBODY WHO HASN'T GOTTEN IT BY NOW......THIS!!!!!! IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY SUPPORTERS HAD STRONG FEELINGS ABOUT THIS GAME!!!!

How do you feel now that the star player has come out and said it?!?!?!??!

^^ needs more ? and ! imo.

And just curious, who are you talking to? and please link the thread you are referring to.

The discussions I recall were about it not being included in the STH package.

Everyone knows and has always agreed with the grass issue.

So my guess would be that people still feel the same.

Shep
06-04-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1624

HAHA!! This is brilliant!

Sab0tage
06-04-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=196&pictureid=1624 Haha that's awesome. It would make an amazing two stick or something.

Shep
06-04-2009, 11:57 PM

But Dero is pissed about the grass. I must be missing the part where he is complaining about there being a friendly against RM.

What I read is that he is unhappy that it takes Real Madrid to get grass, and that he feels the disrespect for the team not getting it on their merit alone.

Where is he saying the game shouldn't happen?

Sorry, I still think it's a great opportunity. If we had grass permanent grass Dero wouldn't have said anything about the upcoming friendly.

Shep
06-05-2009, 12:00 AM

Which part, the game happening or the grass?

Is this thread about grass v turf and Dero's comment regarding it or about the value of Real Madrid coming?

Let's not confuse the two, and can we stop putting both issues in the same bucket?

I agree 10000000000000000000% on the grass, but as far as RM coming, I still think it's a good thing.

EAsoccer
06-05-2009, 02:00 AM
I agree with Derosario. It is a shame that it takes Real Madrid to get grass at BMO. But I agree that it should. TFC doesnt have the respect Real Madrid has. Real is one of the greatest clubs in the world, and TFC is in their 3rd year in Major League Soccer with no trophies to date. If anyone is questioning whether TFC deserves the same let alone even more respect than Real Madrid or other clubs around the world your answer is: Real does get more respect.

Secondly, it seems to me DeRo is always complaining after heavy defeats. At first it was the Chicago Fire game, and now after losing 3-0 to Houston his old club and 2-0 to the Caps' he's upset at getting grass for the Real friendly. DeRo wants respect he needs to earn it! And so far he hasnt.

I'll start listenting to DeRo's requests when he wins something of note: an MLS Cup for Toronto or a Canadian Championship, which at this point are both looking highly unlikely for this year.

TFC Tifoso
06-05-2009, 07:00 AM
But Dero is pissed about the grass. I must be missing the part where he is complaining about there being a friendly against RM.

What I read is that he is unhappy that it takes Real Madrid to get grass, and that he feels the disrespect for the team not getting it on their merit alone.

Where is he saying the game shouldn't happen?

Sorry, I still think it's a great opportunity. If we had grass permanent grass Dero wouldn't have said anything about the upcoming friendly.

And supporting this game is justifying MLSE's reasoning to treat our own players like second class, but putting on the knee pads for Real Madrid.....get it?

It's ok man, keep saving your loonies and toonies like Paul asked you to....Monday is not so far away........

rocker
06-05-2009, 07:15 AM
And supporting this game is justifying MLSE's reasoning to treat our own players like second class, but putting on the knee pads for Real Madrid.....get it?

How does supporting or not supporting this game in any way affect how MLSE would treat the players?

Think of it this way: If MLSE said "ok, we're no gonna have Real Madrid.. the game is cancelled.. we'll move the NY game back to August," would that suddenly being treating the players like first class? No. Field turf would still be there, and things would go on as they always have.

TFC Tifoso
06-05-2009, 07:20 AM
How does supporting or not supporting this game in any way affect how MLSE would treat the players?

Think of it this way: If MLSE said "ok, we're no gonna have Real Madrid.. the game is cancelled.. we'll move the NY game back to August," would that suddenly being treating the players like first class? No. Field turf would still be there, and things would go on as they always have.

Because they will know what they can get away with and will do it again.

Last I checked, Real Madrid is a pretty solid club and they're not folding soon......this friendly could've easily been done properly for next year.

rocker
06-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Because they will know what they can get away with and will do it again.

Last I checked, Real Madrid is a pretty solid club and they're not folding soon......this friendly could've easily been done properly for next year.

Even if the game was a total failure in sales, it's not like MLSE would suddenly say "OK players, thanks to the failure of a friendly, YOU GET GRASS!!!!" These issues are completely unconnected to each other. The players are contracted to play no matter what surface or situation. They have no power. If people don't "support" the game, and it sells 5000 and they lose money, they just won't have any friendlies outside the season's tickets. It would not suddenly give the players any power.

on your second point, last I checked, Real Madrid doesn't come to North America every year.

C.Ronaldo
06-05-2009, 08:19 AM
thanks be to God.

ding a ling a ling..............

UltraFootyKWC
06-05-2009, 08:20 AM
if this is a legit quote it should be used in a banner

We don’t get that respect? (with a grass border) and an x'd out RM logo

Brilliant!

Pookie
06-05-2009, 08:24 AM
very intresting.works for me.
have you concidered working for TFC?
:scarf:

No offers have come through my inbox as of this morning but if you know someone, put in a good word, eh?

TFC Tifoso
06-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Even if the game was a total failure in sales, it's not like MLSE would suddenly say "OK players, thanks to the failure of a friendly, YOU GET GRASS!!!!" These issues are completely unconnected to each other. The players are contracted to play no matter what surface or situation. They have no power. If people don't "support" the game, and it sells 5000 and they lose money, they just won't have any friendlies outside the season's tickets. It would not suddenly give the players any power.

on your second point, last I checked, Real Madrid doesn't come to North America every year.

They won't use the same circumstances....more like, "well if we can get away with this, now let's try this....and this.....and then this"....and so on

And for enough mone, Real Madrid will go wherever.....besides I'm very sure they can find 2 teams to play them in NA any given summer.

Hey do what you like, but just have a look at MLSE's track record and the "success" :rolleyes: they've had with their other teams.....keep buying in to everything they sell you and TFC's result will be the same.

loconet
06-05-2009, 09:06 AM

And thus, by this inductive proof, the plastic will be here until BMO is no more. QED. :(

GlenM
06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
DERO IS DABOMB!

GlenM

KRO
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I suspect that DeRo is acting as a spokesman for all of the players. He is probably the only one that is untouchable so is willing to put himself out there. MLSE would not dare to discipline him.

Let's hope that this issue stays on the front burner and that the process of getting grass is speeded up. Anything is achievable if the will is there and if the players and fans keep screaming about it we'll get grass for next season.

Kristofager
06-05-2009, 09:25 AM
DeRo showing some leadership here. lol

DeRo for captain. :scarf:

When is our "captain" Brennan going to voice the players and the fans concerns to the media...thats the only way it will ever happen..if the players give a shit...

De Ro making it known that Toronto deserves a REAL FOOTY SURFACE!!!

NO More PLASTIC GAMES

Pookie
06-05-2009, 11:14 AM
The one thing I found interesting was DeRo's quote:

"We work hard every day here, we try hard, day in and day out. We deserve grass. The stadium is spot on, MLSEL has done a good job putting together a great organization, but we need the real turf. We should keep it and see after a couple of games what the difference is."

I'm extremely in favour of grass but coming off the embarrassing losses to Houston and Vancouver (both on real grass) this might not be the best argument.