PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Reed-James bonds with a killer touch !

denime
06-02-2008, 09:44 AM
James bonds with a killer touch

Nigel Reed

Julius James was just a kid in short pants when one of my favourite song writers, Mary Chapin Carpenter, released her critically acclaimed 1992 album 'Come On, Come On'. One of the many successful tracks to be lifted as singles could have been written with James specifically in mind.
It's a song about taking risks, about tempting fate and about exploiting opportunities. It's entitled: 'I Take My Chances'. On a day when Major League Soccer's brightest star was absent, James played out the song on a soccer field and a new star may have been born.
James's impact was the stuff of comic book fantasy. It wasn't supposed to be his day. The 23 year old should have sat dutifully on the bench and been a mere spectator as two teams weakened by injury, suspension and international calls battled for supremacy as the storm clouds gathered overhead.
Then fate took a hand. An early injury meant Olivier Tebily couldn't continue at centre-back for Toronto FC and, already without the injured Tyrone Marshall, Coach John Carver had no alternative but to turn to the rookie in the dugout. The following 75 minutes must have raced by for the youngster but his professional debut is one he'll never forget.

read more (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/reed/2008/06/james_bonds_with_a_killer_touc.html)