PDA

View Full Version : who should Captain TFC? (if not Jim Brennan)

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Many players but how many good leaders do we have?

Wolfe
06-03-2009, 08:52 PM
No Brennan option?

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
No Brennan option?

there is "Other" if you think Brennan that cool...just seeing a few anti brennan posts at the moment..:scarf:

zeelaw
06-03-2009, 08:56 PM
there is "Other" if you think Brennan that cool...just seeing a few anti brennan posts at the moment..:scarf:
it would be stupid to change it now

Fushida
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
honestly i really don't see a leader in the team. brennan/serioux are too temperamental... dero isn't captain material in my opinion... he tries to do it all himself a bit too often (though with good results usually) and seems frustrated half the time (deserved or not, that's not how a captain acts). no one else really stands out in the team... other than robbo.... but i've made my feelings about his playing level known in other threads.

i guess of the players on this list, i'd vote for serioux. he's rather solid in the back, is a home town boy, and has been one of our better players this season.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Serioux b/c i think he can get the boys to play harder for him.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
it would be stupid to change it now

Brennan might relax and play better not being capt..it can be too much for a player..and change in attitude within the players is badly needed
now..we still have a shot at playoff action and the team must start
acting and playing like they want to be in it/

prizby
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
sam cronin or stefan frei

Stryker
06-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Really bad time for this.
This is an insignificant detail in comparison to our biggest problem.... the front office .

Nomad
06-03-2009, 10:05 PM
While i think threads like this are generally pointless for the sake of playing along....i have always seen Dichio as our unofficial captain.

Bars92
06-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Dwyane "the answer" De Rosario!!

Cashcleaner
06-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Can't change it just like that. I mean, you can, but it's not the norm and could cause more harm than good. I think we had a conversation about this a few weeks ago. Things have definitely changed since then, though.

Bobo
06-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Jimmy it remains, and its a bit....awkward to not have the actual captain as an option in the poll.

GhostPK
06-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Why would any one change captain from Jimmy B? He's very consistent, he gets mad at the right times (when Vitti was receiving cheap shots from Charles in Van) He doesn't miss many games. Only other person I would even consider is our reigning MVP.

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Jimmy is Cpt till he retires. Then Robbo. Then DeRo.

Still Kicking
06-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Having a fan poll on the position of captain (largely symbolic but an internal decision, he reflects leadership and the confidence of both players and coaches) makes as much sense to me as polling the players to determine whether I'm to be a fan of the team or not. Or whether I should blog, or respond to delightful threads in RPB land...

TorontoBlades
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
#1 posting a poll on captaincy and not including the captain to skew the feedback is a serious bitch move

#2 my problem is as much with the product on the field not good enough as it is with the FO being underhanded and slimey

#3 Brennen handed the armband to Robbo when he got subbed on Tuesday so this question has been answered

rocker
06-04-2009, 09:14 AM
doesn't really make a diff to me who the captain is.

Carts
06-04-2009, 10:06 AM
If Dichio was a few years younger and starting every game - I'd like to see him have the arm band. Problem is, he's a little to "heated" with the officials to have a good relationship with them...

One thing I'd like to see (not trying to hi-jack the thread) is Dichio wearing the arm for the last home game of the season as a goodwill / thank you gesture from the club...

As for right now - no sence in changing who has the armband. Jimmy seems to have decent discussions with the officials when he keeps his cool. Even Robbo this year is guilty of "yelling" at the refs rather than trying to communicate camly...

Carts...

Northern Soul
06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Brennan unless he gives it up willingly. I voted Robbo as the best option, though.

scooter
06-04-2009, 10:28 AM
our captain is JIM BRENNAN

Oblio2
06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Robbo for Captain, without doubt

james
06-04-2009, 05:51 PM
how can you make a poll without the current captain being included in it??? pretty stupid

Section 117
06-04-2009, 06:49 PM
how can you make a poll without the current captain being included in it??? pretty stupid

The reason why he is omitted from thsi poll is that he been the most overated player in our history. Yes he has heart, but if you don't have the talent you don't heart justy doesn't cut it. I don't think he would start on any other team in the MLS.

Dero should be the captain he has called out MLSE for not installing grass and from what i heard he is the voice in the change room.

Dero for captain, followed closely by Robinson and Dichio

fiji_blue
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Dero is and will be our Hero

tim90
06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
dero

shwade
06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
tim90 for captain!

mike_bouma
06-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh Wynne, you never stood a chance.

TorontoBlades
06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
The reason why he is omitted from thsi poll is that he been the most overated player in our history. Yes he has heart, but if you don't have the talent you don't heart justy doesn't cut it. I don't think he would start on any other team in the MLS.

Dero should be the captain he has called out MLSE for not installing grass and from what i heard he is the voice in the change room.

Dero for captain, followed closely by Robinson and Dichio

not including it as an option is pathetic

I'm willing to bet if you ran another poll with Jimmy B included he would win.

tfcmanu
06-16-2009, 02:13 PM
like Jim Brennan - I like him a lot. It’s difficult not to like him. He’ll always stops for a chat after practice and, in my experience, has never declined an interview request.
On the field he’s an immensely proud Canadian who is genuinely passionate about leading his hometown team - Toronto FC. Brennan, like many of his fellow countrymen before him, was forced to travel abroad to make a living in soccer and, as a youngster, never imagined he’d have the chance to do so in his own backyard.
He was the original Face of the Franchise - its first signing and its first captain - an armband he wears with integrity to this day. As the team has evolved, often painfully through its infancy, Brennan has remained a constant. He’s soldiered on through fractured ribs and broken fingers with honesty and objectivity, always willing to put the team first, perhaps at the expense of his international career.......

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/06/does_toronto_fc_need_a_new_cap.html

Eastend
06-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Jimmy B. is our captain.

Parkdale
06-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Or whether I should blog, or respond to delightful threads in RPB land...

look at the thread starter.

also, from the text at the top...

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of the Red Patch Boys Supporters Club

The Kingpin
06-16-2009, 03:55 PM
sigh...