PDA

View Full Version : to the boys in the front

__wowza
06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I think the two biggest things they can bring to the fans who've supported them so much are: accountability and transparency. They need to understand that football fans are far more fragile than what theyre used to dealing with in MLSE. We don't take shit, and as much as we love our club, we don't support the organization if the organization shows no signs that they can support themselves. If you take the diehards out of the equation, you don't have the gameday experience, and if you don't have the gameday experience, you have nothing. I know for a fact that nearly a dozen friends couldnt have cared less about the sport until I brought them down to a game myself and they saw what I was talking about, but I digress..

Accountability: They need to be accountable for their actions and statements. You said our grass is coming, it isn't here. You know we need a DP, so does everyone else, team included, why hasn't one been hired? Accountability goes a long way, a very long way. It shows the supporters that they can trust the people in charge of their club, and therefore support the club as a whole. Simply, it shows that the boys in the front want their club to perform well, and accountability shows passion, something this club has been badly lacking (aside from a select few players). When you have this, you have an organization that can say "we've seen the problems and.."

that brings me to my next point

Transparency: "We're addressing them". These two go hand in hand. You're held accountable by being transparent. You say grass is coming, tell us when, if you can't meet the deadline then you can at least have the wherewithall to tell us why, and when. Most teams in the MLS are currently doing this with SSS proposals. If they don't have a stadium lined up, they're tell their supporters when it's coming, or why it isn't. It's common sense and you can really avoid a lot of the pitfalls an organization like this faces if you're straight with your fans.

This organization doesn't need to scrap anybody, just yet at least, I don't think the reds management has failed aside from not sticking to the two basic principles above. Alternately, if you have those two firmly set in place and make it known to the fans, and THEN you start up with the shit thats been happening.. well.. then you're just asking for it.

Thoughts?

craigtfc
06-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a chant we should do for the front office. But change the lyrics to:

They dont care about supporters
They dont care about fans
Toronto FC is in the wrong hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVB3SnX1MLc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibt0u...eature=related)

I know i know i posted this in other threads, i just want to get everyones thoughts on it

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-03-2009, 07:41 PM
^^^ I like it let's get it done.

__wowza
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd say one more chance is in order, but i'll probably get crucified for saying that.