PDA

View Full Version : The Chill the fuck out thread.....

Nodoubtguy
06-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Yes, we should have won yesterday.
Yes, we should be beating USL teams
Yes, we should have a team that can score

but for fuck sakes people, can everyone chill out?? Seriously, you'd think that we were all about to die or something. I really am sick of this shit. I think we gotta remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm not trying to come up with excuses for anyone, because I want results just as much as anyone, but being a supporter means being there win or lose. I've said it before, there are gonna be highs and lows and this could be considered the lowest yet but the high will come eventually.

Disagree with me, don't think I'm right....I don't care. I need to get off these boards before I freakout.

TFC Cityboy
06-03-2009, 03:33 PM

but for fuck sakes people, can everyone chill out?? Seriously, you'd think that we were all about to die or something. I really am sick of this shit. I think we gotta remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm not trying to come up with excuses for anyone, because I want results just as much as anyone, but being a supporter means being there win or lose. I've said it before, there are gonna be highs and lows and this could be considered the lowest yet but the high will come eventually.

Disagree with me, don't think I'm right....I don't care. I need to get off these boards before I freakout.

Nice- thanks, brother! See you in 115 Saturday as usual!

T-Bird
06-03-2009, 03:34 PM
This has probably been posted in a few other threads by now but my response to all this crap is as follows

L-MkHxdkcvQ

It's not over yet!

el rojo fanatico
06-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Amen, Has everyone forgot we are in the middle of a playoff race

T-Bird
06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
^^ I freaking love shenanigans!

Technorgasm
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I hope people see now that whatever league you are in.

putting a team together from draft picks & allocation money

can not compare to building a team over years and years.

Seattle anyone?

chill the fuck out.

Cambridge_Red
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM

Not the point...

London
06-03-2009, 03:40 PM
if saturday goes bad can you imagine the nightmare?

billyfly
I am totally fine now.

Suds
A tough night and a tough day on the boards ... A big breath, then I'm off to the pub and getting pissed tonight!!

H Bomb
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
THIS THREAD NEEDS DANCE MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

ViftZTfRSt8

poppamidnight
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM

See results....

We've yet to have a convincing victory with all aspects of our team clicking at the same time...

...Look deep down within yourself...
...Deep down anyone whose watched the season thus far knows were downright lucky to be where we are in the MLS standings, cuz truethfully, we're not deserving of being there. We haven't played playoff-caliber football all year,

And while we're at it, we've yet to prove we can consistently compete vs. the top tier of MLS teams (when their healthy)

Jeffro
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Nice one Sal, I had to definitely avoid the board for a little bit.

Nodoubtguy
06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Nice one Sal, I had to definitely avoid the board for a little bit.

CHECK THE BARCA THREAD!!!!

Nomad
06-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Fuck this, i'm getting more and more mad every time i think of it.

I was pretty pissed with this Real Madrid business...this just puts it over the fucking top!

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Sal - tomorrow - post work drinks - we will be chillin'

GabrielHurl
06-03-2009, 03:52 PM

We're 4 points worse off than this time last year

jloome
06-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Don't think this one's going to blow over. It's not a "chill out" situation, it's a "demand change" situation.

How many years, exactly, are we all supposed to chill out for?

JonO
06-03-2009, 03:56 PM
We're 4 points worse off than this time last yearThat's the problem - this time last year is when things went to shit... We need to push now...

TFC07
06-03-2009, 03:56 PM

TFC now had 3 years to build this team, but yet, they still can't get it right. How many more years do we fans have to suffer because Mo's inability of building a quality team? Yesterday's game was final draw for a lot of TFC fans. MLSE needs to fire Mo ASAP if they truly care about fans and want a winning team!

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-03-2009, 03:57 PM

First off no dissrespect my friend but it's people like YOU, why the Leafs are the laughing stock of the NHL! WHY? Because the fans sat back and never approached MLSE for decades and that's why the team is 40 plus years with shit to show!!

Fukk this thread and let our voices be heard!:flare:

like I said bro no dissrespect:scarf:

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
First off no dissrespect my friend but it's people like YOU, why the Leafs are the laughing stock of the NHL! WHY? Because the fans sat back and never approached MLSE for decades and that's why the team is 40 plus years with shit to show!!

You have no idea what you are talking about.

JonO
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
You do realize MLSE have owned the Leafs for about 10 years.... (or something like that, but nowhere near 40)

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Sal - I agree that the post-game venting and freakouts were, and continue to be a little much. As you know, I occasionally catch a lot of flack for refusing to hop on pitchfork-wielding bandwagons after poor results, or poor individual performances.

However, TFC went to Vancouver to play a clutch game to win this tournament, and completely wilted. They didn't just lose to a USL team - they got absolutely destroyed.

A message needs to be sent, that these kinds of pathetic performances won't just be taken in stride. I love my club, and understand that lows come with the territory of being a football fan - but the club knew winning this tournament was important to the supporters, and that result yesterday was tantamount to spitting in our collective face.

- Scott

NateDoGG
06-03-2009, 04:03 PM
i agree. we need a day to decompress. or two by the looks of it.

Roogsy
06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
There is only one way I can "chill out" and that is if I stop caring about this team and working my ass off for it.

If that is the goal here...that is pretty sad. I guess people just don't want me to care. Lord knows that's what it seems like. "Thanks for your money but don't really concern yourself with results."

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
I understand but nothing has ever changed!!
Guys I may be just a bit pissed off still from last night after being shitted on by all their fans, I just don't want to have the same problems with the reds that the Leafs are going through cuz I love both clubs to death!

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2009, 04:05 PM

Fukk this thread and let our voices be heard!:flare:

like I said bro no dissrespect:scarf:

Don't start with this "it's people like you' Leafs fan comparison shit. The fact that his opinion of how to support a team differs from yours, doesn't make him a goddamn sheep.

And saying "no disrespect" doesn't make it any less disrespectful.

- Scott

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 04:06 PM
You do realize MLSE have owned the Leafs for about 10 years.... (or something like that, but nowhere near 40)

point-set-match-jonO.

yeah... the leafs spent a few decades sucking before MLSE got on board (well the investors and pension fund and all that)

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
TFC now had 3 years to build this team, but yet, they still can't get it right. How many more years do we fans have to suffer because Mo's inability of building a quality team? Yesterday's game was final draw for a lot of TFC fans. MLSE needs to fire Mo ASAP if they truly care about fans and want a winning team!

3 yrs is not enough time to build a solid franchise..we are still having growing pains..Fire Mo..and replace him with who?We are on pace for
a .500 season which would be an imrpovement on years 1 & 2, should this team be better? yes...but the players who were brought in this year
have to start producing, no matter where they are from!!

Super
06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I choose to look forward and forget the past. I want us to make the play-offs, and at this point I think there is a definite danger of our team imploding on all the criticism. We already heard of in-fighting in the locker room. We scream for changes, but they are not easily made in the Mickey Mouse league. So at this point the BEST thing we can do is get behind our lads and let them know, that although we're terribly disappointed with likely missing out on the Champions League, we're still there to spur them on to victory - and hopefully a play-off spot. It's the ONLY constructive thing we can do right now.

As far as protesting, tell everyone to stop buying stuff at BMO. That's the greatest protest we can make right now, because it's the FO that failed to give us a DP striker and grass. Two factors that could have, and very likely would have, earned us a spot in the play-offs. The morale booster of having grass is undeniable, and a DP striker would have taken advantage of multiple chances throughout our season that would not only have given us an edge in the Canada Cup, but in the league as well.

TFC07
06-03-2009, 04:16 PM
3 yrs is not enough time to build a solid franchise..we are still having growing pains..Fire Mo..and replace him with who?We are on pace for
a .500 season which would be an imrpovement on years 1 & 2, should this team be better? yes...but the players who were brought in this year
have to start producing, no matter where they are from!!

With all high draft picks and money we have, we still suck! Mo has failed to bring in a quality striker since day one. Mo has failed to bring a CB since Marshall trade. Mo overpaid players like Robbo that have killed our salary cap. Mo has been to Brazil two times for what? Our roster turnover is crazy since day one. Players come and go because Mo can't find right players for this team.

Enough is enough. No Mo(re)!!!

GabrielHurl
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
We are on pace for a .500 season which would be an imrpovement on years 1 & 2

We're 4-4-4 (that's not a .500 season) and 4 points worse off

JamboAl
06-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Holy shit...even a call for calm is being shouted down by some. We're all pissed off! Some people handle things differently from others. Remember, we're all TFC supporters. RESPECT EVERYONE!

H Bomb
06-03-2009, 04:23 PM
There is only one way I can "chill out" and that is if I stop caring about this team and working my ass off for it.

If that is the goal here...that is pretty sad. I guess people just don't want me to care. Lord knows that's what it seems like. "Thanks for your money but don't really concern yourself with results."

come on dude, this is the chill out thread. some people dont deal with things th4e way you do, but it's not because the goal is to stop caring....that doesnt even make sense. Lots and lots of pissed off threads, I'm sure we'll both be in em later...but dont off topic this one

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Holy shit...even a call for calm is being shouted down by some. We're all pissed off! Some people handle things differently from others. Remember, we're all TFC supporters. RESPECT EVERYONE!

Even though I am kind of pissed from last night's result (to say the least) I agree with your point. We all need to calm down ... for our own sakes. Whats done is done. If there is a protest being arranged, we need to focus on how to make that a success.

I know the prospect of not playing against the continent's best team is one that rightly pisses off a lot of people but last night, the team that wanted it more got the result. I don't think the players took it serious enough ... nor did the coaching staff.

With that in mind, I honestly could not care much about the Montreal game and I am looking forward to the remaining league matches. My only hope now is that TFC at the very least makes the playoffs ... although in all honesty we should be looking forward to at least winning the first round by now.

TheRenter
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM
bestest thread ever, seriously, this board is bad for your health at times

Nodoubtguy
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM

I wish you gave me some more credit.....maybe I'm not a team leader, or the constantly singing guy, or the guy who should be a capo.....but I am there 100% every game!!! I make it out to banner painting when I can, I am at every game I can make, I try to be a nice guy, I try to know my fellow RPB's.

I care maybe just as much as anyone here and the day that stops will be a very sad one. I'm just saying.....this is a bump in the road, not a wall at the end of a dead end street.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I wish you gave me some more credit.....maybe I'm not a team leader, or the constantly singing guy, or the guy who should be a capo.....but I am there 100% every game!!! I make it out to banner painting when I can, I am at every game I can make, I try to be a nice guy, I try to know my fellow RPB's.

I know you're one of the good ones. You do bring it, and I don't think anyone could question that (certainly not in real life)

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2009, 04:34 PM

I care maybe just as much as anyone here and the day that stops will be a very sad one. I'm just saying.....this is a bump in the road, not a wall at the end of a dead end street.

I DISAGREE! LET'S FIGHT! :D

Seriously though, well said.

- Scott

Roogsy
06-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Actually I was more referring to the team. I question whether they really want us there anymore or if we have served our purpose and gotten the crowds to the stadium. At this point, I wonder if they want supporters groups at all, that was my point. I wasn't questioning your own support.

But I do stand by what I said. By telling me to chill out, you're basically telling me not to "feel this way". Try telling that to a woman you've just pissed off! :D

Super
06-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Not us. We'll be rocking top of 112 on Saturday to help the lads win back some confidence by kicking some Hollywood butt.

Roogsy
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM
come on dude, this is the chill out thread. some people dont deal with things th4e way you do, but it's not because the goal is to stop caring....that doesnt even make sense. Lots and lots of pissed off threads, I'm sure we'll both be in em later...but dont off topic this one

I disagree H Bomb. I love No Doubt...but calling a thread "chill the fuck out" is not exactly asking people to chill. It's like when I tell my wife to "relax" in an argument, I know full well it will just rile her up more.

If you want a positive thread, (and I highly recommend we start one soon) then make it a real one that starts by pointing to the positives, whatever they are. Initiating a conversation by telling people to "relax" (as I often do with my wife :D ) does not invite a "relaxed" response. Listen to experience! LOL!

trane
06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I am not chilling out about TFC any time soon. Until we play some consistenly good football. I though we were almost there, but once again the rug was pulled away. I do not belive that the baby should be thrown out with the bath water. However, someone has to pay the price for the failure. In my books it is Mo.

denime
06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
This has probably been posted in a few other threads by now but my response to all this crap is as follows

L-MkHxdkcvQ

It's not over yet!

Yeah riiight,TFC is well know as a team that scores 4-5 games per game.:rolleyes:

Chill out and get ready for another year of :sheep::sheep::sheep:

just the way "they "like it.

Batman
06-03-2009, 04:46 PM
THIS THREAD NEEDS DANCE MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

ViftZTfRSt8

If someone had told me Bowie and the muppets were here...I would have been here hours ago!

Woohoo... brightens up my day!

H Bomb
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I disagree H Bomb. I love No Doubt...but calling a thread "chill the fuck out" is not exactly asking people to chill. It's like when I tell my wife to "relax" in an argument, I know full well it will just rile her up more.

If you want a positive thread, (and I highly recommend we start one soon) then make it a real one that starts by pointing to the positives, whatever they are. Initiating a conversation by telling people to "relax" (as I often do with my wife :D ) does not invite a "relaxed" response. Listen to experience! LOL!

hehehe, right on man

but for me i think it's language. I use fuck all the time, often in a non threatening way, and sometimes people assume otherwise. I dont think this is meant as a mild attack on those not chilling, just an attempt for other to chill.

Also you find me a positive to point to and i'll give you a thread! :D

denime
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Not us. We'll be rocking top of 112 on Saturday to help the lads win back some confidence by kicking some Hollywood butt.

This is very encouraging.

There are 50 pages in different threads about being silent and sitting down during the game,even walking out and here we are heroes from the top of 112 feel they should do their way separately from RPB.

Just like I said we are damn to fail as a supporters group every time we want to do something together.

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-03-2009, 04:57 PM
WARNING-----Nobody watch Gol TV right now! Last nights game is on!!

It feel like watching your ex-girlfriend with another man after she broke up with you! lol

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
It feel like watching your ex-girlfriend with another man after she broke up with you! lol

somewhere, deep in the internet..... there's a message board filled with guys who are into that.

we're not the only masochists online

el rojo fanatico
06-03-2009, 05:38 PM

There are 50 pages in different threads about being silent and sitting down during the game,even walking out and here we are heroes from the top of 112 feel they should do their way separately from RPB.

Just like I said we are damn to fail as a supporters group every time we want to do something together.
How about you try and organize protests in your 115 before you start chirping at us in 112! We are no "heros" but we are also not mindless lemmings. Free thought is a scary thing to some but we are going to watch a football gome on Sat.

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2009, 05:47 PM

Then don't worry about doing things together if others don't......if 50 RPB want to walk out of the game, then do it.

I know this is supposed to be the "feel good" thread, but I had to reply.

Angelo1405
06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
in 4 years, the team will be full of new faces and we'll be (for the first time) on top of every team with grass. theres a Nutrilite tournament Every Year anyway

Chevy
06-03-2009, 05:55 PM
i agree. we need a day to decompress. or two by the looks of it.

Decompress...then click this video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6305775444525273500&hl=en

boban
06-03-2009, 05:55 PM
18 years.

el rojo fanatico
06-03-2009, 06:04 PM
in 4 years, the team will be full of new faces and we'll be (for the first time) on top of every team with grass. theres a Nutrilite tournament Every Year anyway
Quite true get the bastards next year

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM

FUCK THAT !!!! We can't win this fuckin cup that has two other team's and r in the USL and u want me to chill. Do u know what they do over sea's when the team is playin like shit ? I'm not going to be like leaf's fan's and go support a team that doesn't care to win, There is no reason why we can't beat these guy's from the USL....

CLOSE THIS FUCKIN THREAD IT JUST GET"S ME MORE PISSED-OFF

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Should've renamed this thread "chill the fuck out....i have weed".

Don Julio
06-03-2009, 06:32 PM
At first I was all

http://images.mooseyscountrygarden.com/welcome-to-my-garden/garden-copyright-angry-cat.jpg

Then I was more like

http://yourcutecat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cutecat11.jpg

denime
06-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Then don't worry about doing things together if others don't......if 50 RPB want to walk out of the game, then do it.

I know this is supposed to be the "feel good" thread, but I had to reply.

And you are the member of what Supporters group?

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2009, 06:34 PM
And you are the member of what Supporters group?

NEE.....

EENIE MAN
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Should've renamed this thread "chill the fuck out....i have weed".

too right. i do need to chill out. time to dust off the ol' bong.......

denime
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
How about you try and organize protests in your 115 before you start chirping at us in 112! We are no "heros" but we are also not mindless lemmings. Free thought is a scary thing to some but we are going to watch a football gome on Sat.

How about you follow the majority and don't start different chant from the rest of 111-113,or maybe try to follow the Capo,just because I have tickets in 115 in doesn't mean I stand there.If you would lover your EGO by 80%,and try to follow every now and than 112 would be really rocking,but no our individualist have to do their "thing".

denime
06-03-2009, 06:37 PM
NEE.....

Well in that case stay the fuck out from this board if you don't like what we do.

denime
06-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Quite true get the bastards next year

Here is an great example of Maple Leaf fan aproach, there is always the next year.

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Well in that case stay the fuck out from this board if you don't like what we do.

easy, guy.....I'm actually agreeing with you in my last post.....what I was saying is why should the supporters who want to make a stand (apparently you from your post I quoted) have to take a back seat to those who want to stay.....if a group of RPBs feel strongly enough about the situation to form a protest of some sort, then do it.

denime
06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
easy, guy.....I'm actually agreeing with you in my last post.....what I was saying is why should the supporters who want to make a stand (apparently you from your post I quoted) have to take a back seat to those who want to stay.....if a group of RPBs feel strongly enough about the situation to form a protest of some sort, then do it.

I think I need a :stogey: to chill out.

H Bomb
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
come on everyone. If this isn't a good enough reason to develop a light drug habit then you'll never find one!!!! Get on it!

Hooligan69
06-03-2009, 06:50 PM
come on everyone. If this isn't a good enough reason to develop a light drug habit then you'll never find one!!!! Get on it!

Alcohol is a drug, isn't it? ;)

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2009, 06:52 PM

I think so too.....am I wrong in assuming you are unhappy enough about yesterday to have action....if I assume correctly, then get enough like minded people and put something together.

Didn't mean to totally take the thread off course, but that's all I will have to say.....the rest is up to you guys.

H Bomb
06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Foooooooood Fight!!!!!!!!!!

_RLcdyGAHIQ

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=1620

TFC Cityboy
06-03-2009, 07:04 PM

Please do. There is no doubting your belief and passion for the cause, but some of your posts today have been patronising to say the least.

Shep
06-03-2009, 07:07 PM

1000% Agreement from me.

ensco
06-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I can't say I know what to do about this, other than a general feeling of not wanting to go to games quite as much as I did yesterday, but I sorta kinda of get what the person who started this thread is saying.

But I still feeling like drowning kittens. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm chilling........

Ok enough Chilling......back to the good threads

Nodoubtguy
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I never said don't be mad, I never said to keep singing like nothing happened.....what I said is to chill out. You'd think people on here were being killed or something. Threads about things like "I DEMAND AN APOLOGY" and "PAUL, THIS IS WAR".....are in my opinion a bit over the top. People need to just take a breath, take a step back....not stop feeling.

edit: also, there are multiple threads about "lets start a CSL/USL club" essentially saying "fuck these guys, fuck this team....you've sucked to much for me. Bye"....doesn't sound like TFC till I die or Forever Red. Nobody said that being a supporter would be a cakewalk.

FluSH
06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
If I had the time I would hit you all with a power point presentation...

Coles Notes:

2007 Standings

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Kenny31/2007Standings.jpg

2008 Standings

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Kenny31/2008standings.jpg

Besides Mutual Fund Portfolio Managers, MLSE Sports has to be the only other sector where management can seriously underperform at their job and still get executive $$$

Why bring in Real Madrid... Clean The House... shed the fat at TFC FO and we'll save some money... let's just keep it real... we aren't winning sh!t with this leadership... WHY PAY THEIR SALARIES?

el rojo fanatico
06-03-2009, 07:43 PM
How about you follow the majority and don't start different chant from the rest of 111-113,or maybe try to follow the Capo,just because I have tickets in 115 in doesn't mean I stand there.If you would lover your EGO by 80%,and try to follow every now and than 112 would be really rocking,but no our individualist have to do their "thing".
I suggest you get your facts straight before you mouth off again. Try talking to Flush or Neil or even the Prez. Jack and get the facts on who you are ripping. Better yet come up with our crew for the match and try to find any "ego" there. Any chant thats going at the bottom of 112 is rocking just as hard up top.
I'm saddend to hear that you think the RPB should think with one mind.