PDA

View Full Version : TFC players and supporters

Pages : [1] 2

mlsintoronto
06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I watched last nights game in horror, then had the distinct pleasure of lurking on this board and getting repeatedly kicked. I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.

I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups, except that the team must always acknowledge their fans, in good games and in bad ones.

I've seen Chris mention it in EVERY SINGLE team talk that has taken place at BMO since he took over. One entire pre-game match was dedicated to this subject. About being professional, and humble and remembering where you come from. We have CBC angry with us because the players who are to be on the post game interview take too long because they are out there applauding you.

And yet I watched last night as a suggestion became a rumour became accepted as fact.

Rudi
06-03-2009, 03:04 PM
This thread should be awesome fast.

I'll be back in a half hour. :D

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 03:05 PM

half an hour?? give it 10 minutes.

DangerRed
06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
I watched last nights game in horror, then had the distinct pleasure of lurking on this board and getting repeatedly kicked. I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.

I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups, except that the team must always acknowledge their fans, in good games and in bad ones.

I've seen Chris mention it in EVERY SINGLE team talk that has taken place at BMO since he took over. One entire pre-game match was dedicated to this subject. About being professional, and humble and remembering where you come from. We have CBC angry with us because the players who are to be on the post game interview take too long because they are out there applauding you.

And yet I watched last night as a suggestion became a rumour became accepted as fact.

Far be it for me to speak for the group, but I think what the fans by and large feel that what you do at the front office isn't good enough. If you want to talk about the Real Madrid friendly -- which is being boycotted by another supporter group, by the way -- or about what happened last night or the past weekend at Houston, I think the opinion of the front office has been pretty much the same.

I think perhaps if you've lurked on this board, you may have seen that some are talking about manifesting their displeasure beyond just the written word.

The Kingpin
06-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Question 1: Why were the warm-ups removed from the supporters area? There used to be fantastic interactions between the supporters and team.

Chevy
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM

Has he ever mentioned trying to score in his team talks? :rolleyes:

JonO
06-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Question 1: Why were the warm-ups removed from the supporters area? There used to be fantastic interactions between the supporters and team.
Huh??? Did I miss something?

Vhoghul
06-03-2009, 03:10 PM
You must feel pretty betrayed. Imagine how we feel when we walk past scalpers on your own property? Or when we see scalped seats we've reported always being filled with different people who admit it. Or see the craigslist postings.

Imagine how we felt last night, watching a game we should have had in hand go so poor because the pieces, which we've stated for months are missing, weren't there.

Imagine how we feel, those of us going to Montreal in 2 weeks, to get shit on by 11,000 people looking forward to watching us fail.

My fucking heart breaks for you...

I like that the players applaud us, so we're doing our job. You guys wanna start doing yours?

The Kingpin
06-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Question 2: You removed press passes from qualified supporters who covered the team with interviews and questions that were entertaining, with frivolity. Much beyond what their favorite colour is. Knowing that this coverage is brutal, why have you not improved it?

T-Bird
06-03-2009, 03:11 PM

By posting and lurking on the forum board I think it confirms what we all think you guys do...nothing

Ladies Love Julius James
06-03-2009, 03:12 PM
By posting and lurking on the forum board I think it confirms what we all think you guys do...nothing

Now Now, how could you forget their most important task everyday, twittering.

Walnut
06-03-2009, 03:13 PM
We have CBC angry with us.

I think that CBC being angry is the last of your problems right now.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 03:14 PM

actually, Paul is the only staff member who lurks during work (or so I've heard from staff). They aren't really allowed to waster their time here.

The Kingpin
06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Question 3: Why have you not appointed a coach/manager that has had multiple years of experience running a team?

ben_vw
06-03-2009, 03:15 PM
actually, Paul is the only staff member who lurks during work (or so I've heard from staff). They aren't really allowed to waster their time here.

They all check the boards.

shawn6597
Question 4: Where did you go?

Parkdale
They all check the boards.

yes, but they don't post (at least none have been outed as staffers)

olegunnar
06-03-2009, 03:16 PM

That must have changed.

Anton Wimmer told me in year one that they all shared PBs mlsintoronto handle.

Walnut
06-03-2009, 03:16 PM

LOLing out loud :D

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Who is mlsintoronto? Does he work for MLSE or is he just a troll?

Parkdale

hahaa both!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB

lol :)

TFCinVANCOUVER
What we think you should do is smarten the fukk up and put something on the field that is going to compete to their full standards. And if you are working for the money hungry MLSE tell them the same! And if you think were to hard on you guys un tuck your fukking balls in between your legs my friend because IMAGINE the heat we take as SUPPORTERS for your organizations FUKK UPS!! As a TFC fan from day 1, life long Leafs fan (massive tattoo on my arm) and a Raps fan all I get is shit thrown at me cause the teams never perform!! And the problem is, I love them all to death and will continue to support them meaning Your ass will still get paid! Were not saying get rid of MLSE, were saying get rid of the FUKKING big boys cause they Don't give a shit!!

Start with Richard (finger up my ass) Peddie!! and if they keep going on like this YOUR ass should be canned also!!!

I"M FUKKING PISSED AND CAN"T PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT ANYMORE!!!!

Ladies Love Julius James
06-03-2009, 03:18 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Beirne

The Kingpin
06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
This is pointless. Paul - your credibility as someone who supports what RPB has done is lost by many. Your true colours have been exposed... Though I saw through it the day you asked us to remove banners from in front of 111... over two years ago.

OK. OK. Next Question: How can you justify waiting so long to announce a STH friendly? Pretty pathetic don't you think?

CretanBull
06-03-2009, 03:20 PM
You must feel pretty betrayed. Imagine how we feel when we walk past scalpers on your own property? Or when we see scalped seats we've reported always being filled with different people who admit it. Or see the craigslist postings.

Imagine how we felt last night, watching a game we should have had in hand go so poor because the pieces, which we've stated for months are missing, weren't there.

Imagine how we feel, those of us going to Montreal in 2 weeks, to get shit on by 11,000 people looking forward to watching us fail.

I like that the players applaud us, so we're doing our job. You guys wanna start doing yours?

+1 ;)

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 03:21 PM
mod note: a few posts (some of mine too) were cleaned to keep this thread on track.

don't take offence to it KP (err... PK). our issue isn't the issue here. question away....

Stryker
The ol hit and run.
He's almost as ellusive as Mo when you ask him about things like DP's and grass.

menefreghista

Can someone help me out as to what he is alluding to here?

I've tried to follow most of the post on the forum today but there are just too many threads and posts.

The Kingpin
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
mod note: a few posts (some of mine too) were cleaned to keep this thread on track.

don't take offence to it KP (err... PK). our issue isn't the issue here. question away....

No worries - good move.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Can someone help me out as to what he is alluding to here?

I've tried to follow most of the post on the forum today but there are just too many threads and posts.

the notion that the FO wants the players to distance themselves from the SGs

GabrielHurl

Well said Vhogs

kitchener-TFC
If the FO isn't happy, just imagine how us fans are doing.

Maple Leaf Red

Maybe they need to have some fans give them their pre-game talk to remind them never to embarrass us all again.

menefreghista
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
the notion that the FO wants the players to distance themselves from the SGs

Thanks.

I just figured the players decided that on their own, LOL.

If anything the team tries hard in the opposite direction with events like the post-season pub nights.

Razor
We are all pissed off Paul.

You can tell Mo and MLSE to get their fuckin' shit together and start taking us seriously.

I will always support TFC but what I won't support is money grubbing assholes that don't care about football in this city.

Get your shit together!!!!!!

Cambridge_Red
This is pointless. Paul - your credibility as someone who supports what RPB has done is lost by many. Your true colours have been exposed... Though I saw through it the day you asked us to remove banners from in front of 111... over two years ago.

OK. OK. Next Question: How can you justify waiting so long to announce a STH friendly? Pretty pathetic don't you think?

Wow ... mark this day on the calendar I agree with you :D

Paul enough of the bullshit excuses, changes have to be made heads must start rolling.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
If the FO isn't happy, just imagine how us fans are doing.

or they players. I doubt any of them feels less than devastated over the loss last night.

am I defending their play? nope.
do I know that they are people too who are probably even more upset than us? pretty much.

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Epic Comment.

Mikey
06-03-2009, 03:26 PM

Can I have the champagne?

shawn6597
The ol hit and run.
He's almost as ellusive as Mo when you ask him about things like DP's and grass.

by posting and leaving, he has done nothing but fan the flames.

sulfur
I just figured the players decided that on their own, LOL.

If anything the team tries hard in the opposite direction with events like the post-season pub nights.
Actually, this all started post-final post-season pub night last year.

kitchener-TFC
TFC needs to be owned by someone who actually likes the game...someone like Jim Ballsillie, except a soccer version.

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Maybe they need to have some fans give them their pre-game talk to remind them never to embarrass us all again.

:drum:i'M WITH YOU BROTHER!!

THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST THREAD EVER

olegunnar
06-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey Exiled.

It was option #2

They played the martyr card.

I guess they figure some of us are too pissed to handle smart ass.

Got a response in more than 36 hours though

mlsintoronto
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
that went well. message received. I'm out. Olegunnar was right. I should have waited 36 hours.

Jeff s
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Can you tell Mo to go get Ali Gerba? Thanks...

CretanBull
06-03-2009, 03:31 PM
that went well. message received. I'm out. Olegunnar was right. I should have waited 36 hours.

People's anger and frustration aren't going away in 36 hours. Last night was a tipping point.

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 03:32 PM
I am not entirely sure what you were expecting by posting that? Do you think that anyone cares that CBC gets upset because the players kind of wander over to 112 and clap after games?

If you wanted to 'appease the masses' how about having the players publicly apologize for last night's humiliation?

Or how about actually addressing the myriad of real issues that affect all of the fans of the team that you personally have power over (scalpers, etc)?

I generally like the interaction and think Kingpin's off his rocker for distrusting every comment you make but did you really think that after a second year of screwing the pooch in what should be an easy tournament that telling us that you guys feel bad would do any good?

Stryker
by posting and leaving, he has done nothing but fan the flames.
Bigtime. Didn't even give so much as "I feel for you guys".
After reading all the stuff posted he chose to talk about how he feels wronged by us and then bolted.
Fucking joke that is.

sully
Please enlighten me, what did the F.O. do? (Unless Mo included as a member of the F.O.?)

I thought the F.O. does administration, communication, running the business aspects, etc. If so, what does this stuff have to do with what players we have, what attitude those players have, who picks the team, tactical decisions, effort on the field, training etc.

I get the grass and stupid idea of having friendlies in the middle of the season..but is that it?

The Kingpin
06-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Paul, this hit and run tactic is a disgrace. Plain and simple. You probably should just avoid this area all together. I remember you said on the on the phone when we talked late last year that you needed thick skin to lurk around here. You have not even scratched the surface yet.

Look, this can be resolved. Do you have the bottle to step up like a man and face the music? Personally I doubt it, but prove me wrong. Are you man enough to scrap your underperforming communications officer and make a statement from the heart? Let's wait and see...

The Kingpin
06-03-2009, 03:33 PM

Gutless. See post above.

Thought so.

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-03-2009, 03:35 PM
or they players. I doubt any of them feels less than devastated over the loss last night.

am I defending their play? nope.
do I know that they are people too who are probably even more upset than us? pretty much.

Parkdale your so right it's not funny! Cronin, Barrett, Velez,Rohan,Danny The first words out of there mouths yesterday as we waited to greet them before they went on the bus were"guys were really sorry we lost!
Dero was so PISSED he didn't say shit! but we still sang TORONTO TILL I DIE as they left!

And I said thanks to mo VERY SARCASTICALLY BEFORE HE GOT HIS ASS ON THE BUS!:cool:

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey Paul

It is quite evident to us as well that the entire organization is saying all the right things (i.e. praising the fans, promising results and players etc) but that fact is betrayed by the constant mediocrity of the entire team. To be honest, if you guys were not saying the right things on top of not delivering results, most people would have abandoned ship by now.

I have no doubt in my mind that you guys do not take pleasure in losing games but try to understand the frustration of the fans themselves. For the past couple of years, people have welcomed you without reservations. However, after numerous undelivered promises, poor results and smart-ass responses, people are having a hard time seeing you as anything but a marketing tool for MLSE.

FluSH

This will probably be the best post in this thread... =P

However,

I will make no further comments.

Nestease
Why are you wasting money on Real Madrid friendlies, temp grass, and all this bullshit catering to fans who won't show up week in week out? You guys are shitting on what made you. We begged for grass, you gave it to the Madrid bandwagon who will show up to the stadium once. We begged for a good international friendly, you snaked it out of the season ticket package.

Where's the remaining money out of the Edu transfer? We were promised wonderful things like a training facility and possibly grass. Maybe i'm wrong but I havent heard much about our training facility since.

Rudi
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
This will probably be the best post in this thread... =P

However,

I will make no further comments.
This thread sucks. I was expecting so much more.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 03:40 PM
we all were

Pyeddo
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM

Seriously, why even post then if you're going to shirk away? you had a chance to come back and tell us all whats good, but you did exactly what everyone comes to expect from MLSE... duck, cover, and run.

Paper bags on Saturday sound good... maybe SOMEONE will get the point we're pissed. Not just "oh, until next game" pissed, but embarrassed to cheer on the Reds pissed.

Stryker
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Does Tom Anselmi ever post here or would that be slumming it for him?

:rolleyes:

Waggy
06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Paul, its nothing personal. But you know who you work for. You know what we're afraid of happening (following the Leafs mold instead of, say a successful team), and its year 3, and we're starting to see those things happen. Don't try and defend things, or even calm us down. Just give us something! Anything! All we ask for is hope as fans. And right now, this club looks pretty hopeless. This club was built on our wallets, all we're asking for in return for now is hope.

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
This thread sucks. I was expecting so much more.
Didn't help that mlsintoronto tucked tail and ran.

Cambridge_Red
06-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Don't let the door...

billyfly
06-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Paul's reaction is totally expected. When someone is being attacked as viciously (and correctly) as he and the FO have been on these boards, you are going to retreat to defensive mode.

GabrielHurl
06-03-2009, 03:44 PM
he shouldn't be posting at all in that case

menefreghista
06-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Actually, this all started post-final post-season pub night last year.

Wow. Thanks.

I wasn't aware of this. Very interesting indeed.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm not really sure what the TFC front office was expecting to find on the fan message boards?

I actually think a lot of fans were looking for something positive after what appeared to be a pure cash grab move of moving a league match up 2 months for a glamour friendly. A TFC victory in the NCC probably would have gone a long way to appease a lot of us after feeling betrayed by the club only a few days earlier. Now, its just another dissapointment.

Well, look on the bright side people, you can use your refund to the CCL Preliminary Round match to help pay for your Real Madrid tickets. :D

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Paul's reaction is totally expected. When someone is being attacked as viciously (and correctly) as he and the FO have been on these boards, you are going to retreat to defensive mode.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1746/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1746-2162.jpg

please sir, may I have some more?

WHAT???!!!

Walnut
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
@mlsintoronto -- if you have only watched this game in horror, you should come a join us in the stands (or seats if you are not permitted by the guards to stand) and had the Chicago fans own our asses as we got taken apart. That is horrible, I can assure you.

I am certain a nice cold glass of champagne, and a creamed prawn vol-au-vent in the directors box must make the horror that much more bearable -- especially after watching the power point presentation predicting revenues from the Real friendly.

Our horror is a direct result of your organizations malfunction and MLSEs regard of Toronto FC as 'sports entertainment' -- where overheads must be minimized and fans are considered targets to extract as much money as humanly possible from until they cannot bear it any longer (what your lurking has unvieled).

If TFC were a successful and promising club, you would not have to come here to expose your personal horror -- but TFC is NOT successful, and NOT promising.

What are you going to do to fix the obvious problems we have...?

billyfly
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
he shouldn't be posting at all in that case

Oh I agree. It was probably out of frustration that he took the leap to post here and against his better judgment.

timmay
06-03-2009, 03:47 PM
PEOPLE! Get ahold of yourselves, this guy isnt gonna stick around for 3 hours responding to a bunch of 'supporters' bashing him, the team, etc. That is not his job.

Leave him alone, or trust that he wont come back and youll no longer have that inside connection to the team.

jloome
06-03-2009, 03:47 PM

If you're poorly governed, reactionary and lack the humility to see beyond the vitriol to the usual wisdom of crowds, yes.

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Edited because I'm dumb.

GabrielHurl
06-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Leave him alone, or trust that he wont come back and youll no longer have that inside connection to the team.

boo fucking hoo

Stryker
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090603&content_id=5124408&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Convinent timing no?

billyfly
06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
For sure jloome. And like Timmay (I shouted that) says why would he come here?

BuSaPuNk
06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Paul I used to think highly of you by coming on here and keeping us in the loop alot of the time. However what has happened in the last 3 years and this moving leauge games and catering to the casual fan with the Madrid game just showed your true colours. Your nothing but a fucking puppet like everyone else in MLSE. From Tannenbaum down to the guy scrubbing the toliets at Richo. I sick of getting fucked by this corporation and you can go tell your suit buddies to get there shit together or you might as well relocate this team to fucking Phenoix!!!

jloome
06-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I'd also point out that his "I'll wait 36 hours...." comment is absolutely insulting and inappropriate to the gravity with which fans see this team's situation.

But for the conclusion of some basic business -- i.e. signing a scorer -- we would be leading the east and heading to the champions league.

Paul is launching a "strawman" argument -- an attempt to use an area of concern to deflect from the larger issue. He's doing his job. Unfortunately, someone isn't doing Mo's job. I'd suggest Mo.

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I'd also point out that his "I'll wait 36 hours...." comment is absolutely insulting and inappropriate to the gravity with which fans see this team's situation.

But for the conclusion of some basic business -- i.e. signing a scorer -- we would be leading the east and heading to the champions league.

Paul is launching a "strawman" argument -- an attempt to use an area of concern to deflect from the larger issue. He's doing his job. Unfortunately, someone isn't doing Mo's job. I'd suggest Mo.
Probably hoping that some shiny bauble will make us forget that for the second year in a row we're going to watch a Canadian rival taking on the best from throughout CONCACAF.

timmay
06-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I Say We Walk Out On This Thread!

billyfly
06-03-2009, 03:55 PM
He should have come on here as a guest, read all the crap that we are saying, understood how mad we are, and then sent a PM to Jack, Rudi etc and said "Hey guys we are so sorry and we hear you and we have meetings on-going right now discussion next steps forward etc..."

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090603&content_id=5124408&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Convinent timing no?

Not to make fun of the kid, but just to show how the salary structure in the MLS is horrible. Doesn't a person working at Tim Horton's make more than him?

BuSaPuNk
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Probably hoping that some shiny bauble will make us forget that for the second year in a row we're going to watch a Canadian rival taking on the best from throughout CONCACAF.

Don't forget for the second year in a row our season seats will be fucking hiked. And there drinking fucking champane and prevoking the supporters....yeah nice move. Fuck I'm so fed up with this shit.

Stryker
06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
^ Half of Vancouvers players have part time jobs because their salaries are so little.
AND YET THEY STILL MANAGED TO BEAT US.

Houston we have a serious fucking problem.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
This thread should have been started with "I am sorry for..."

Going on the defensive is not a good way to placate fans and supporters, especially today.

TFC07
06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
^ Half of Vancouvers players have part time jobs because their salaries are so little.
AND YET THEY STILL MANAGED TO BEAT US.

But you got to admit, they played with a lot of heart out there. Beacause of that, I have respect for them now. I hope they play like this during CCL.

ilikemusic
06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Get fucked.

You feed the fans a third rate bullshit team and then nullify our friendly tickets because you got a team thats too fucking good for us to come in?!

I cant wait for this fucking franchise to go belly up because of this bullshit, just to make you assholes at MLSE look bad.

You honestly think you can start shitting on the most loyal of your customers after just two and a half years of pathetic football?

You only poke your nose in when your feelings are hurt.

Your team cant beat the Vancouver Whitecaps and your organization has the fucking gall to pull this Real Madrid horseshit.

And never mind the consistently rising ticket prices.

The football is shit Paul.

You guys better start figuring out why it is Toronto FC is so successful.

Ill give you a hint; it sure as fuck aint because of an exciting product.

Wighty
06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/dan_o_00/Gifs/boo-man.gif

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 04:11 PM
animated gifs make me smile, even when they're angry.

Stryker
06-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh I totally agree. Props to Vancouver for managing the win.
Last night the ant walked up to the elephant and bitch slapped him.
Of course it doesn't help that the owner cut off the elephants leg and the trainer beat him retarded.

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 04:12 PM
This thread should have been started with "I am sorry for..."

Going on the defensive is not a good way to placate fans and supporters, especially today.

Not only does he usually go on a defensive he always comes on this board making smart ass comments and trying to portray us as some kind of irrational buffoons ... as if there is nothing wrong with the franchise and that we always have something to complain about for no reason.

My advice to PB is to take a glance at the trophy case at BMO Field before making any posts on this board. That should help him in deciding what tone to pursue in addressing the forum members.

Walnut
06-03-2009, 04:14 PM
He probably only posted here, as they have a bet on how many pages it will run to.

ilikemusic
06-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Not only does he usually go on a defensive he always comes on this board making smart ass comments and trying to portray us as some kind of irrational buffoons ... as if there is nothing wrong with the franchise and that we always have something to complain about for no reason.

My advice to PB is to take a glance at the trophy case at BMO Field before making any posts on this board. That should help him in deciding what tone to pursue in addressing the forum members.

He doesnt treat us like what we are (which is the club's most loyal and most important fans).

Instead he treats us like a bunch of inbred morons who need to be tolerated. We are an inconvenience.

FluSH
06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't let the door...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW now...

Let one of the RPB top guys say this... I want to give Paul a chance... really... I do...

Cambridge_Red
06-03-2009, 04:17 PM

Let one of the RPB top guys say this... I want to give Paul a chance... really... I do...

Sorry man, but I'm really tired of excuses we keep getting fed.

Walnut
06-03-2009, 04:17 PM
He doesnt treat us like what we are (which is the club's most loyal and most important fans).

Instead he treats us like a bunch of inbred morons who need to be tolerated. We are an inconvenience.

If it cannot be monetized, the chances are they are not interested in it.

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't understand what this thread is about - what is PB talking about? What was the suggestion that got accepted as fact?

Also, while I'm glad the players say nice things about the supporters, games like yesterday can't help but make it feel like words are cheap. That game was crucial to the fans, and the club, and the team went out there and played piss-poor football for 90 minutes.

I think some of this stuff about how you and the rest of the front office do "nothing" all day is pretty ridiculous, since I'm sure you work hard. But seriously - I don't understand what this thread is about.

I'll give up the flowery rhetoric in post-match interviews, if it means they start showing their appreciation on the pitch.

- Scott

Toronto Ruffrider
06-03-2009, 04:21 PM
But you got to admit, they played with a lot of heart out there. Beacause of that, I have respect for them now. I hope they play like this during CCL.

Absolutely. The Whitecaps are a first-class organisation; they fully deserve to play against the best in North America. I'm not a Vancouver fan, but I hope they do well to represent Canadian football in the CCL.

olegunnar
06-03-2009, 04:22 PM

I think that's why this is the perfect storm though.

Not only is there frustration with the piss poor results but the real kick in the ass for lots of people is the realization that there is in fact no Santa Claus.

The whole, hey we want you to be a part of this, we're listening, we've even registered on your boards, all for one....that so many people bought into, and what made TFC different...was all a fraud, a sham a lie.
It was an act to get us to perform like circus animals on game days and spend like teenage girls with their daddy's credit cards theother 6 days of the week

People had their doubts and wanted to believe it wasn't true....

But we get the same old security bullshit, the same old issues with scalpers, now we get fucked over because we don't deserve Real madrid, we get mocked on twitter, and then the team fucks the dog and embarasses us in the tourny with USL teams...all within a couple of weeks.

The betrayal along with the kick in the teeth of losing to USL teams....too much.

The bloom is of the rose...and it aint getting taped back on anytime soon

Stryker
06-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I think that's why this is the perfect storm though.

Not only is there frustration with the piss poor results but the real kick in the ass for lots of people is the realization that there is in fact no Santa Claus.

The whole, hey we want you to be a part of this, we're listening, we've even registered on your boards, all for one....that so many people bought into, and what made TFC different...was all a fraud, a sham a lie.
It was an act to get us to perform like circus animals on game days and spend like teenage girls with their daddy's credit cards theother 6 days of the week

People had their doubts and wanted to believe it wasn't true....

But we get the same old security bullshit, the same old issues with scalpers, now we get fucked over because we don't deserve Real madrid, we get mocked on twitter, and then the team fucks the dog and embarasses us in the tourny with USL teams...all within a couple of weeks.

The betrayal along with the kick in the teeth of losing to USL teams....too much.

The bloom is of the rose...and it aint getting taped back on anytime soon
Well said.

FluSH
06-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't understand what this thread is about - what is PB talking about? What was the suggestion that got accepted as fact?

Also, while I'm glad the players say nice things about the supporters, games like yesterday can't help but make it feel like words are cheap. That game was crucial to the fans, and the club, and the team went out there and played piss-poor football for 90 minutes.

I think some of this stuff about how you and the rest of the front office do "nothing" all day is pretty ridiculous, since I'm sure you work hard. But seriously - I don't understand what this thread is about.

I'll give up the flowery rhetoric in post-match interviews, if it means they start showing their appreciation on the pitch.

- Scott

There are personal experiences by our members that have been comfronted by Michelle Lissel who has given them a sturn warning to stay away from the team...

I heard stories from Charleston

I heard stories from Kansas City

and I heard stories here at home...

If those people want to share their stories with what sounded like a verbal lynching from Michell Lissel then by all means I hope they do...

Waggy
06-03-2009, 04:26 PM

- Scott

+1! Like with all things, actions speak louder than words. Instead of just constantly telling us how much you care, how about showing it?! Instead of adding a game and charging STH for it, GIVE IT FREE AS A THANKYOU! Instead of getting angry at us because we're mad at the club for losing a game they should have won (for the freaking 500th time in 3 years), GET ANGRY AT THE GUY WHO BUILT THE TEAM! We didn't cause the loss, we're reacting to it. You should be grateful to have fans who care this much!

Pachuco
HOLY SHIT - I have never felt so united with people on these boards :) for once, everything I read is exactly what I am feeling.

Parkdale
My advice to PB is to take a glance at the trophy case at BMO Field before making any posts on this board.

why would they have an empty trophy case?

actually... that would be a nice motivating factor. Let's all pitch in an buy them a really nice trophy case for the front lobby. That way everyone that walks by will see it, and possibly get some motivation to fill it up.

Walnut
06-03-2009, 04:27 PM
There are personal experiences by our members that have been comfronted by Michelle Lissel who has given them a sturn warning to stay away from the team...

I heard stories from Charleston

I heard stories from Kansas City

and I heard stories here at home...

If those people want to share their stories with what sounded like a verbal lynching from Michell Lissel then by all means I hope they do...

Intriguing...

Super
06-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Advice to FO: greater transparency. If we feel that you're working hard on getting us grass and bringing in a DP striker, we would all feel a whole lot different about the organization as a whole. As it is right now we hear very little, and every time we drop points or miss out on a particular player it is the same reasons over and over again. No wonder we've lost confidence in the FO. Paul, if you're reading this, I think this is the key to winning back support from the fans. And I do think that's important - as much as you must hate us now for all the criticism (right or wrong). We don't have to like you, and you don't have to like us, but we're crucial for the successful future of this club - as we look to hopefully expand the stadium one day as well. At this rate we're imploding. Not good!

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Advice to FO: greater transparency. If we feel that you're working hard on getting us grass and bringing in a DP striker, we would all feel a whole lot different about the organization as a whole. As it is right now we hear very little, and every time we drop points or miss out on a particular player it is the same reasons over and over again. No wonder we've lost confidence in the FO. Paul, if you're reading this, I think this is the key to winning back support from the fans. And I do think that's important - as much as you must hate us now for all the criticism (right or wrong). We don't have to like you, and you don't have to like us, but we're crucial for the successful future of this club - as we look to hopefully expand the stadium once day as well. At this rate we're imploding. Not good!

A+ for constructive criticism.

FluSH
06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Intriguing...

Very... I was appaulled to say the least at what I heard... of course I only heard one side of the story... but why would anyone make this sh!t up...

Pachuco
There is only one thing that Paul can do in order to win back my support for him. That is, right the wrong. Cancel the second piece of crap friendly and let us have the Real Madrid game. Otherwise Paul, shove it.

Dirk Diggler

actually... that would be a nice motivating factor. Let's all pitch in an buy them a really nice trophy case for the front lobby. That way everyone that walks by will see it, and possibly get some motivation to fill it up.

Exactly my point.

DangerRed
06-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Not to fan Paul Beirne flames, but this is actually -- I shit you not -- a part of his Wikipedia entry:

"Mo Johnston has complimented Beirne countless times on the enormity of his manhood and the great feeling he gets when Beirne inserts it in his mouth and behind."

Now, since Paul's a savvy operator, he should get a handle on this situation and clear up the entry right quick.

Oh, and Paul: you should have waited 36 hours? Thanks for sounding like a patronizing asshole.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Massive banner of an empty trophy case anyone? :)

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 04:34 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/sportsawards_2053_27178192

^ $3700 for the top of the line model (trophies not included)

FluSH
What's the word from Big Bruva... How are the players taking this?

AL-MO
The only thing I'll say on this is that the organization in general didn't seem to care much that supporters spent thousands of their hard earned money to go down to Charleston for the preseason tournament.

In fact in one case one member of the FO was quite rude towards us at one of the morning practices. That person is lucky King Dave was golfing that day otherwise they would have received quite the earful.

Kickit09
06-03-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=199&pictureid=1338

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Fuck BB. His cousin is terrible underachiever anyways. Glad I never purchased one of his shirts.

GabrielHurl
06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Not to fan Paul Beirne flames, but this is actually -- I shit you not -- a part of his Wikipedia entry:

it was edited an hour ago

GabrielHurl
06-03-2009, 04:37 PM

Rohan is looking for street dancers :rolleyes:

ilikemusic
06-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Advice to FO: greater transparency. If we feel that you're working hard on getting us grass and bringing in a DP striker, we would all feel a whole lot different about the organization as a whole. As it is right now we hear very little, and every time we drop points or miss out on a particular player it is the same reasons over and over again. No wonder we've lost confidence in the FO. Paul, if you're reading this, I think this is the key to winning back support from the fans. And I do think that's important - as much as you must hate us now for all the criticism (right or wrong). We don't have to like you, and you don't have to like us, but we're crucial for the successful future of this club - as we look to hopefully expand the stadium one day as well. At this rate we're imploding. Not good!

The problem is that Paul thinks coming on here and saying 'the sky is falling' is transparency.

Stryker
06-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Fuck BB. His cousin is terrible underachiever anyways. Glad I never purchased one of his shirts.

He's pretty much stayed away since Ricketts game went to shit anyway.

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM

LOL yeah. His "more-rational-than-you" act was wearing quite thin as well ... always trying to sell his cousin as the second coming of Jesus and always trying to shoot down criticism directed at Rohan. I knew what him and Rohan were all about as soon as they started to sell the t-shirts.

RedMAN127
06-03-2009, 04:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Beirne

lmao ... think para 4 needs a footnote "Mo Johnston has complimented Beirne countless times on the enormity of his manhood and the great feeling he gets when Beirne inserts it in his mouth and behind."

Mojo
06-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Pretty sure mlsintoronto has nothing to do with whats on the field. Actually, im 99% sure of it.

He handles marketing, sales, etc... hes probably partially responsible for this Real Madrid debacle but when it comes to the game thats someone elses fault.

I don't know why we're getting angry at him.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 04:41 PM
lets not turn this into a giant bash thread...

we're all pissed and we all want answers

fuck this and fuck that just makes us look childish

REDPATCHGRL74
06-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Paul, for 3 seasons people have spent their hard earned money filling BMO to support the team. Many people travel to away games, spend their time and money making banners, to make game day a unique experience. In return what do you and your associates do for these people? You bring in a high profile European club for an international friendly. Great, but this game is now not the friendly in our season package. No, you guys will bring in some team that no one gives a shit about. You and your buddies, see the opportunity to take advantage of your season ticket holders and pounce on the opportunity to make some more money at their expense. I know it will never happen but I hope that BMO is empty on this day. Thanks again for the shit product on the field and for fucking over the people that made TFC what it is.

Note: Post by: RPB73

spark
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Very... I was appaulled to say the least at what I heard... of course I only heard one side of the story... but why would anyone make this sh!t up...

They throw their own fans out of the stadium for cheering on the team. Nothing should be a surprise at this point.

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
For sure jloome. And like Timmay (I shouted that) says why would he come here?

because it's part of his marketing mandate :) to "connect" to the supporters

Stryker
06-03-2009, 04:44 PM
LOL yeah. His "more-rational-than-you" act was wearing quite thin as well ... always trying to sell his cousin as the second coming of Jesus and always trying to shoot down criticism directed at Rohan. I knew what him and Rohan were all about as soon as they started to sell the t-shirts.

Ohhhhh yeaaaaah. Thank you so much for reminding me.
Now that the love affair with Ricketts is over I can speak my mind about that parasitic piece of garbage.
Fucking character straight out of Entourage he is.

Keyman
06-03-2009, 04:44 PM

I'm not sure if people here remember, but for the first couple of seasons I ran a site called Come On You Reds!

I started it off just for fun, and wrote the odd article on Toronto FC. But as time went on, I was provided the opportunity to conduct interviews with players. I interviewed Rohan Ricketts, Todd Dunivant, Julius James, Pat Phelan, and had other interviews set up with Greg Sutton, Jim Brennan and Carl Robinson. Plus, I'd been in contact with players like Julian De Guzman, to branch the site out to cover Canadian soccer.

However, just as my site began to receive recognition from media outlets like The Score, and just as readership began to rise....all went siltent on the player front. Players who I'd been in contact with vanished, Julius James mentioned that his comments were being moderated, and I became extremely discouraged. All of a sudden players were reluctant to provide me with any comments. I've always assumed that someone within the FO put was to blame...it just makes the most sense.

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 04:46 PM
The problem is that Paul thinks coming on here and saying 'the sky is falling' is transparency.

++++++++++++ 1

werewolf
06-03-2009, 04:47 PM

That deserves a thread of its own, not to be buried in this.

Stryker
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
This week will go down in Red Patch Boy history as the great airing of grievances.

LOL.

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure if people here remember, but for the first couple of seasons I ran a site called Come On You Reds!

I started it off just for fun, and wrote the odd article on Toronto FC. But as time went on, I was provided the opportunity to conduct interviews with players. I interviewed Rohan Ricketts, Todd Dunivant, Julius James, Pat Phelan, and had other interviews set up with Greg Sutton, Jim Brennan and Carl Robinson. Plus, I'd been in contact with players like Julian De Guzman, to branch the site out to cover Canadian soccer.

However, just as my site began to receive recognition from media outlets like The Score, and just as readership began to rise....all went siltent on the player front. Players who I'd been in contact with vanished, Julius James mentioned that his comments were being moderated, and I became extremely discouraged. All of a sudden players were reluctant to provide me with any comments. I've always assumed that someone within the FO put was to blame...it just makes the most sense.

that's pathetic - we were so proud for you and you were so happy. As much as we stunk the pitch up - year 1 was by far my favorite time as a TFC supporter

Kickit09
06-03-2009, 04:54 PM

well this is the same man who's reply was "You know you want it" when everyone was complaining about how expensive the jerseys are and that they wanted us to buy the new ones without seeing them.

TFC_Chris
06-03-2009, 05:01 PM
How many people here were at the Canada/Costa Rica friendly a few years back?
Because there will be a repeat of the crowd turnout for TFC v RM...

menefreghista
06-03-2009, 05:04 PM
How many people here were at the Canada/Costa Rica friendly a few years back?
Because there will be a repeat of the crowd turnout for TFC v RM...

Na, it will probably be more like Canada v Chile from the U-20's....

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 05:05 PM
well this is the same man who's reply was "You know you want it" when everyone was complaining about how expensive the jerseys are and that they wanted us to buy the new ones without seeing them.

That was clearly a joke...but whatever.

GabrielHurl
...yeah, so, other than that ...it was a beautiful day.

awww

ilikemusic

All of this sounds consistent with the front office denying World Soccer Daily any interviews.

AL-MO

I always wondered what happened to that blog/site you were doing.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Ohhhhh yeaaaaah. Thank you so much for reminding me.
Now that the love affair with Ricketts is over I can speak my mind about that parasitic piece of garbage.
Fucking character straight out of Entourage he is.

As you can tell his act wore pretty thing with me quite quickly.

stretchthetruth
06-03-2009, 05:07 PM

well said. i think the fact of the matter here is that this will mark the end of the 'growing-pains-expansion-club' era once and for all, for virtually all supporters of this club. even the sometimes-appologists are coming out in droves to call bullshit on the FO and the organization.

... and i know that those of us that went to bed last night sick to our stomachs will need more that 36 hours to get over this... no more patronizing tones, no more excuses.

Waggy
06-03-2009, 05:08 PM

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! Good call. The forcing blind purchases should have set off louder alarm bells. I feel like mlse played me for a fool. I kept defending them and defending them, as recently as on Friday when I was arguing with jack and al-mo about the Real friendly. It took me 19 years, but I learned my lesson on the Leafs. At least I'm waking up quicker this time.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! Good call. The forcing blind purchases should have set off louder alarm bells. I feel like mlse played me for a fool.

personally.... I like this years kit, and I like the fact I got to go to a party with food and 2 beers included... and it didn't cost me anymore than the kit would have in the store.

plus we all knew what the kit looked like anyway. it wasn't a surprise.

icecoldbeer
06-03-2009, 05:10 PM

Convinent timing no?

Better they sent him than Chad, he would have missed the coffee cup!

trane
06-03-2009, 05:11 PM

How, about MLSE goes ahead and fires the person who is clearly incapable of puting together a winner, a person who has brought nothing but failure to this franchise? This would give the franchise alot of crediblity.

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 05:13 PM
That was clearly a joke...but whatever.

except it was a bad joke, an ill-timed joke...said by a person who should've known better

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 05:14 PM
How, about MLSE goes ahead and fires the person who is clearly incapable of puting together a winner, a person who has brought nothing but failure to this franchise? This would give the franchise alot of crediblity.

and that would be...... The Director of Soccer right?

Nestease
06-03-2009, 05:14 PM
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/2318/tfc.jpg

shwade
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM

I called him out on that and I believe he called me a clueless child.

GabrielHurl
06-03-2009, 05:16 PM

that's gold :D

Hooligan69
06-03-2009, 05:16 PM

:lol: :rofl:

Waggy
06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
personally.... I like this years kit, and I like the fact I got to go to a party with food and 2 beers included... and it didn't cost me anymore than the kit would have in the store.

plus we all knew what the kit looked like anyway. it wasn't a surprise.

You mean 95% the same, except with some touch ups and a collar? I have no problem with the party, but forcing people to actually BUY the jerseys to attend the party is just not right. If anything, have the party for STHs (which I'm not) and offer jerseys at a discount that night. You know, one of those things that could have been a nice thank you to those of you who bought tickets on day 1. Even if it wouldn't have benefited me, it'd just be a class move.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
and that would be...... The Director of Soccer right?

Or whoever said, "no" to paying the DP.

Two days ago no one here thought this team was that bad. People thought they needed someone who could score and a defender.

Is that still the case?

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I have no problem with the party, but forcing people to actually BUY the jerseys to attend the party is just not right.

that wasn't the case. you could have bought tickets to the party for like $20. At first they didn't have it, but when they didn't get the numbers they wanted, they opened it up to everyone.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Or whoever said, "no" to paying the DP.

Two days ago no one here thought this team was that bad. People thought they needed someone who could score and a defender.

Is that still the case?

there was approval from the MLSE board of shadowy figures to put cash into a DP IF (big big big IF) they found the right guy. Finding the right guy, who will play here, for the right price, is all Mo.

and after the game in Houston (3 days ago) we had our suspicions about the team stinking it up.

Waggy
06-03-2009, 05:24 PM
that wasn't the case. you could have bought tickets to the party for like $20. At first they didn't have it, but when they didn't get the numbers they wanted, they opened it up to everyone.

Didn't know that, but still doesn't change my point. It was an occation they could have used to thank their most loyal fans for their support, and instead took it as another avenue to make money. The fact that they changed because they couldn't sell like they wanted tells me it was entirely a business thing. They just made a good business move. They always make a good business move. But occationally you have to make a bad business move to thank your customers. How much money do you think Harveys loses on Free Hamburger Day? What about then Timmies had that Free Coffee Day? Or Mcdonalds had free coffee week? Every major company does it, because they know they have to. Just to show consumers they care. Why can't MLSE? Probably because MLSE doesn't care, and actually care so little they even stopped PRETENDING they care.

jimiv
06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Bigtime. Didn't even give so much as "I feel for you guys".
After reading all the stuff posted he chose to talk about how he feels wronged by us and then bolted.
Fucking joke that is.

I think a "we're sorry" would have been nice!

Oh, and if it's between coming over and waving and scoring I'd take the latter.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Didn't know that, but still doesn't change my point. It was an occation they could have used to thank their most loyal fans for their support, and instead took it as another avenue to make money. The fact that they changed because they couldn't sell like they wanted tells me it was entirely a business thing.

still, I paid the exact same price for my jersey, and got food, beer and a night out included. They did the launch party as a way to get the media in there to take photos, so yes.... it was a business move, but I don't think anyone who was there felt taken advantage of. Not sure how it can be called a 'cash grab' (loose translation) when I actually got more for my money than if I bought it at a sports shop.

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 05:44 PM
He's pretty much stayed away since Ricketts game went to shit anyway.

BB is not in Toronto right now, haven't followed much.

Pookie
06-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I take issue with some of the criticism of MLSE being "cheap" or solely about maximizing profits.

Yes, they are a business. But to use the Leafs as an example, that team routinely had one of the top 5 payrolls in the game. They used their monetary advantage to bring in plenty of high priced free agents.

You can argue that they didn't spend it wisely but you can't argue that they weren't willing to spend it.

Rudi
06-03-2009, 05:45 PM
This week will go down in Red Patch Boy history as the great airing of grievances.

LOL.
It's actually quite ridiculous.

TFC loses ONE game and people start bitching about everything from the Real Madrid friendly to the colour of the urinal cakes at BMO Field.

Before anyone attacks me for this post, know that I'm as gutted by yesterday's loss as anyone, and extremely disillusioned with the team as a whole.

For fuck sakes people, get a grip. Supporting a football team is going to include going through gut-wrenching losses.

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 05:48 PM

TFC loses ONE game and people start bitching about everything from the Real Madrid friendly to the colour of the urinal cakes at BMO Field.

Before anyone attacks me for this post, know that I'm as gutted by yesterday's loss as anyone, and extremely disillusioned with the team as a whole.

For fuck sakes people, get a grip. Supporting a football team is going to include going through gut-wrenching losses.

I think everything just kept mounting and mounting, and yesterday was the boiling point.......now everyone has to deal with the burns until they heal, if they ever heal.

Brooker
i know this is part of supporting a football team... ugly losses and such... but...

the one thing that is really pissing me off is mlsintoronto, who is the spokesperson for toronto fc to the fans... goes on twitter before the game is even played, starts talking about champagne and acting like we've already won.... then after the most embarassing choke job in our short history, he posts a sarcastic comment on twitter mocking the fans saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."

are you fucking kidding me?

FluSH

When other supporter groups came out with the WE DESERVE BETTER banner last year... we came out with WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU - I was the one who spearheaded this an approved this - That same day 113 had a WE BLOW WITH MO banner...

The people who are angry including myself don't see this as ONE game... and speaking for myself I don't hold the players accountable.. rather the leadership and direction...

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM

People were complaining about the Real Madrid friendly before last night's match.

FluSH
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I support the troops... aka the players.. But I don't support this mock of a strategy... not if we are paying for high quality trainers, facilities, and directors...

Rudi
06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
When other supporter groups came out with the WE DESERVE BETTER banner last year... we came out with WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU - I was the one who spearheaded this an approved this - That same day 113 had a WE BLOW WITH MO banner...

The people who are angry including myself don't see this as ONE game... and speaking for myself I don't hold the players accountable.. rather the leadership and direction...
I don't see your point regarding the banners.

As for being angry, you don't think I'm angry? I slept for about four hours last night, and woke up feeling worse about the game than I did when I went to bed.

My point is that piling on every single grievance that everyone has had with TFC is just going to serve as a way to lose focus. Very soon, specific, legitimate concerns are going to become giambac-style paranoia-filled blatherings.

And who does that help?

Rudi
06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
People were complaining about the Real Madrid friendly before last night's match.
Way to completely miss my point. :rolleyes:

FluSH
06-03-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't see your point regarding the banners.

As for being angry, you don't think I'm angry? I slept for about four hours last night, and woke up feeling worse about the game than I did when I went to bed.

My point is that piling on every single grievance that everyone has had with TFC is just going to serve as a way to lose focus. Very soon, specific, legitimate concerns are going to become giambac-style paranoia-filled blatherings.

And who does that help?

The point regarding the banners is that we have lost MORE than ONE game...

and for the past two years we have been patient.

I can't speak for others... but the embarrasment that we endured yesterday broke the camel's back...

Chevy
06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm all for some sort of protest, but maybe it should wait until we are officially eliminated?

I'm just saying...you never know.

MFG1
06-03-2009, 05:58 PM

Regarding MLSE and the Management in place, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...... If they have managed to exploit fans with the leafs and raptors what is to say that TFC is not capable? Everyone was afraid of this and I wish we could be proved wrong, but alas.

This is because the fans support is more consistant than any three game sked TFC has put together in 50+ games of their existance. You are in the entertainment business which is the bottom line. The product you put out dictates how much extra people will spend so the team can improve the product and the money to make it better. Dont reverse engineer this and ride the coatails of success on a waiting list scheme that is flawed. Over and over the team talks about the success and overwheming sales , support, involvement, where if I were in a business role, I would consider myself undermanned throughout the franchises inauguration and shore up some of those positions with key people that can manage and count the tonnes of extra money, and ensure the wave lasts longer than 2.5 years. Be Professional, Ill bet no one there didnt get a performance bonus in the last two years.

Really? Than you must get more money from the broadcast of the CBC stuff than all of your 20000 filled seats every game, to give a Sh*t about the CBC being "angry". Is the CBC trying to promote you,outside the timeslot, as often as your fans wearing and buying the gear, turning on their friends and family, and actually trying to convince small minded North American sports fans that soccer is the most popular sport in the world? Marketing that gets the MLSE the numbers for free. We dont want the players applauding us as much as we want them to play. Why arent we allowed to be "angry"?

I am losing hope....

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 05:58 PM
then after the most embarassing choke job in our short history, he posts a sarcastic comment on twitter mocking the fans saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."

wasn't the 'sky is falling' comment about the RM game, and quite some time before the game yesterday?

hmmm..... they should be yellow. with black stripes!

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm all for some sort of protest, but maybe it should wait until we are officially eliminated?

it'll already be too late by then.....

Ladies Love Julius James

Agreed LOL I know its VERY unlikely etc. etc. but the last thing you want is to protest tonight's game then they win and everyone looks like idiots. Wait til after the 18th.

werewolf
Way to completely miss my point. :rolleyes:

speaking of completely missing the point...

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Agreed LOL I know its VERY unlikely etc. etc. but the last thing you want is to protest tonight's game then they win and everyone looks like idiots. Wait til after the 18th.

Why? The protest is not about losing the tourney. It's about letting the team know that we've had enough of "efforts" like last night, and its time to shake things up.

noochie
06-03-2009, 06:02 PM

I think we all know that this isn't about 1 game... that display last night was the proverbial dog shit on the cake.

FluSH
06-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I think we all know that this isn't about 1 game... that display last night was the proverbial dog shit on the cake.

If people want to justify it as this beign ONE game... then certainly I needed to be on E for the past two years while watching the games...

Rudi
06-03-2009, 06:05 PM
The point regarding the banners is that we have lost MORE than ONE game...

and for the past two years we have been patient.

I can't speak for others... but the embarrasment that we endured yesterday broke the camel's back...
Ah, I got you now. Yeah, we've lost more than one game, and yeah, that was our WITH MO WE BLOW banner.

I'm not belittling anyone's anger, all I'm saying is that people need to pick a focus and stick with it. We're not going to be protesting Big Bruva's t-shirts from last year, so why bitch about it today?

You get what I'm saying now?

The focused anger has become a blurry mess.

speaking of completely missing the point...
Please enlighten me, what is the point on this thread?

EENIE MAN
06-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Why? The protest is not about losing the tourney. It's about letting the team know that we've had enough of "efforts" like last night, and its time to shake things up.

Yup. I agree. maybe a protest will kick them(players) in the ass , and maybe they will score 4 goals. *crosses fingers*
ps.....I got razzed by a LAG supporter at work today. all in good fun , but it hurt inside.

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Ah, I got you now. Yeah, we've lost more than one game, and yeah, that was our WITH MO WE BLOW banner.

I'm not belittling anyone's anger, all I'm saying is that people need to pick a focus and stick with it. We're not going to be protesting Big Bruva's t-shirts from last year, so why bitch about it today?

People are, for the most part, "bitching" about MLSE coming short of its promises. The Big Bruva comments were obviously an aside and no one was contemplating protesting that ... not that it matters anyways since he was brought up in this thread ... which isn't about arranging a protest in the first place.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
i know this is part of supporting a football team... ugly losses and such... but...

the one thing that is really pissing me off is mlsintoronto, who is the spokesperson for toronto fc to the fans... goes on twitter before the game is even played, starts talking about champagne and acting like we've already won.... then after the most embarassing choke job in our short history, he posts a sarcastic comment on twitter mocking the fans saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."

are you fucking kidding me?

Just to clarify I believe that was before the game, and was in regards to our reaction to the RM game.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 06:17 PM

I thought you had better reading comprehension skills then to have to ask that question.

Guys....CHILL! :)

David
06-03-2009, 06:50 PM

This is a joke right? Who gives a fuck about what CBC gets angry about? I'm not ignorant, I know TV coverage is important for alot of reasons, but if that's true then they need to suck it up and realize that the team applauding the supporters is regular in football culture. The fact that they didn't for a couple games is something they should have been talking about in their post game interviews. I could go on a rant about the rest of the bullshit but it's not worth it and isn't anything that probably hasn't been said 100 times over.

jabbronies
06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
We gotta stop with the MLSE BS people really though.

I don't see any signs that MLSE is sabotaging TFC like Ballard did with the Leafs back in the 80's. If you wanna place blame on people other than the players, blame Mo for not signing a CB or DP.

Here's the thread to do it:
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14052

Bloor West FC
06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
This shit really pisses me off. The team is just playing like shit and management is clueless. How can a team that beats Chivas USA suddenly play like shit. Easy they don't care. If the team does not care why should we?

I have a red car a TFC license plate and scarves all around my windows. I flew to Houston this weekend and saw with unbelief the worst show of sportsmenship on that field! What will TFC ever do to me to thank me for that. Forsure not get a winning team, thats too much to ask.

I really don't care anymore. I am missing the June 13th game for a Fuckin BBQ because 'we' suck so bad!!! Missing it for a friends BBQ dam I never thought that would happen. But who cares right because MLSE has there money already.

Smarten up because this honeymoon is almost over!

MFG1
06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
We gotta stop with the MLSE BS people really though.

I don't see any signs that MLSE is sabotaging TFC like Ballard did with the Leafs back in the 80's. If you wanna place blame on people other than the players, blame Mo for not signing a CB or DP.

Here's the thread to do it:
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14052

yeah but who signs Mo's cheques? If they are so quick to moderate the players and tell Carver he has to be on the pitch, and claim nothing of twittergate, than why not put pressure on him, to sh*t or get off the pot?

wzhxvy
06-03-2009, 07:11 PM

HA HA HA HA...absolute genius man....I have had such a crummy last 24 hours but this is GOLD !!!! THIS IS A BANNER...or maybe switch up to MO !!

And Paul, you must think we are idiots, by playing basic PR games with us. You come here, say NOTHING, and expect us to be foaming at the mouth because you are here, saying NOTHING. Thanks but no thanks.

And as to what the FO does ? You had the guts to question our President's leadership last week. The FO is the leadership of TFC, you are accountable for performance, got that ? If the team is a disgrace, its a reflection on you and your peers' performance. That is what leadership is about, taking accountability, and addressing issues. Good luck with scheduling your friendlies btw, great job so far !

craigtfc
06-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I have a chant we should do for the front office. But change the lyrics to:

They dont care about supporters
They dont care about fans
Toronto FC is in the wrong hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVB3SnX1MLc

FluSH
06-03-2009, 07:22 PM

I haven't read this thread so I'm not sure if people are bitching about Big Bruva's T-shirts... but I find that funny!

and I think it's best for Paul to answer what the point of this thread is... If you start a fire you better control it b4 it gets out of hand...

Hooligan69
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I have a chant we should do for the front office. But change the lyrics to:

They dont care about supporters
They dont care about fans
Toronto FC is in the wrong hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibt0utwA6U4&feature=related

I like this one.

KdotOdot
06-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I really have nothing to say that hasn't been said except for the following:

In my humble opinion to which I am entitled without ban, Paul is an arrogant cock sucker who believes that we as supporters owe something to the club.

Wrong Paul, we owe you nothing, you owe us everything, you would be NOTHING without us. You have no right to make ANY comments to the supporters group. We're your BOSS!

But I understand, it dosn't feel like it because we're currently not united and you don't really feel and TRUE pressure from the supporters. So 'Fuck Us' right Paul?

Sometimes I hope this team crumbles into the gutter, just so us, the supporters, your fucking employer, have to unite to bail it out. Until that day you'll just continue to sip coffee and get paid for lunches turning a blind eye to the humble buzz in the background crying for help. That buzz will turn into a roar soon enough.

The accumulated filth of all your sloth and indifference will foam up about your throats and all you toads and layabouts will look up and shout "Save us!"... and We'll scream "NO!"

Nomad
06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I'll just say this....being a supporter and being a cheerleader are two different things. Sometimes they act one and the same but other times that road diverges.

So who are a lot of you?

this is joga
06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
i can fully understand why everyone is so angry (as i am).. you do have a ton of reasons why you should be, although i gotta disagree with how some of you are going about it.

shitting on the club is not the way, shitting on Paul is definitely not the way - from what i have gathered, Paul has done everything he could for the supporter groups.. and this is how you pay him back?

if you're not happy with the way things are going, don't go to the game(s)... demonstrate your anger at the club with a walk out or whatever other way you see fit (btw i also disagree with this option - the team needs our support now more than ever)

do you not think the players, the coaching staff and the management staff are not also disappointed with their result last night? do you think they went to bed and woke up this morning feeling like gold? if you do, then you have never played an organized sport. they are feeling 100 times worse than any of us supporters (me included). what do you think all of this ass-kicking Paul and co are getting on here is gonna accomplish? nothing good IMO.

.. and on the Real Madrid friendly/fiasco. i can guarantee if the friendly was against a club that you supported or from a league that you follow you wouldn't be singing the same tune.

i for one am sick and tried of all the whining from some of you so-called "supporters". is it not Toronto till i die? all for one? what that means is we stand behind our club through thick and thin.. through the good and bad - not just the good. like i mentioned above, the club needs us now more than ever - and i am not saying you shouldn't be disappointed (b/c we all are) what i am saying is this BS whining is childish and uncalled for... what yuo need to understand is this club will be successfully on the pitch and off with or without you - remember that. if you happened to leave another supporters club will surface - and sometimes i wish it would. this attitude (again, some of you have) regrading how you see any supporter club being as important as the players and coaching/management staff is ridiculous. i'm pretty sure some people at the club would like nothing more than to have NO supporter club than have ones that think they have a say in the way a club is run.

i get it! i really do.. we're all pissed about the why the club has played the last two games - and more so last night. its very very very very (did i mention, very) disappointing the effort the team put forth yesterday, although this is IMO no way to go about showing your disappointment.

ok, rip me apart - i can take it.

KdotOdot
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
It's Toronto Till I Die

Not Toronto Till they Kill Me

Yaundastand?

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
....and for the record Paul,

Thanks for throwing the players under the bus by admitting that they are being "asked" to come out and applaud the supporters. Because until now I thought they actually camoe out on genuine appreciation.

wzhxvy
06-03-2009, 07:40 PM
what yuo need to understand is this club will be successfully on the pitch and off with or without you - remember that. if you happened to leave another supporters club will surface - and sometimes i wish it would.

Its nice to have the opportunity to post on a message board of the group and hope for the demise of the group. Real classy. Go apply for a job at MLSE, they like your type.

If you made a mistake at your job that was worthy of dismissal, is your boss going to care that you feel 100 times worse than he does...NO.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 07:41 PM
i can fully understand why everyone is so angry (as i am).. you do have a ton of reasons why you should be, although i gotta disagree with how some of you are going about it.

shitting on the club is not the way, shitting on Paul is definitely not the way - from what i have gathered, Paul has done everything he could for the supporter groups.. and this is how you pay him back?

if you're not happy with the way things are going, don't go to the game(s)... demonstrate your anger at the club with a walk out or whatever other way you see fit (btw i also disagree with this option - the team needs our support now more than ever)

do you not think the players, the coaching staff and the management staff are not also disappointed with their result last night? do you think they went to bed and woke up this morning feeling like gold? if you do, then you have never played an organized sport. they are feeling 100 times worse than any of us supporters (me included). what do you think all of this ass-kicking Paul and co are getting on here is gonna accomplish? nothing good IMO.

.. and on the Real Madrid friendly/fiasco. i can guarantee if the friendly was against a club that you supported or from a league that you follow you wouldn't be singing the same tune.

i for one am sick and tried of all the whining from some of you so-called "supporters". is it not Toronto till i die? all for one? what that means is we stand behind our club through thick and thin.. through the good and bad - not just the good. like i mentioned above, the club needs us now more than ever - and i am not saying you shouldn't be disappointed (b/c we all are) what i am saying is this BS whining is childish and uncalled for... what yuo need to understand is this club will be successfully on the pitch and off with or without you - remember that. if you happened to leave another supporters club will surface - and sometimes i wish it would. this attitude (again, some of you have) regrading how you see any supporter club being as important as the players and coaching/management staff is ridiculous. i'm pretty sure some people at the club would like nothing more than to have NO supporter club than have ones that think they have a say in the way a club is run.

i get it! i really do.. we're all pissed about the why the club has played the last two games - and more so last night. its very very very very (did i mention, very) disappointing the effort the team put forth yesterday, although this is IMO no way to go about showing your disappointment.

ok, rip me apart - i can take it.

Will people like yourself fuck off with this? You have no fucking clue what league or team I support. And if it was my team that was coming, I WOULD BE EVEN MORE PISSED THAT THE TICKETS AREN'T INCLUDED.

As for Paul doing everything he can for the supporters, well.....funny you mention the Real Madrid fiasco.

KdotOdot
They do it out of appreciation this guy is a total clown, in my humble opinion only.

this is joga
It's Toronto Till I Die

Not Toronto Till they Kill Me

Yaundastand?

yeah i do understand.. i just disagree that you're getting killed. and if you feel like you are, please stop supporting the club.

if i felt like i was getting raped by MLSE i would not renew my season tickets.. if someone on the street is shitting on you are you gonna continue standing there - probably not. so move on if you feel like you've been done wrong.

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I really have nothing to say that hasn't been said except for the following:

In my humble opinion to which I am entitled without ban, Paul is an arrogant cock sucker who believes that we as supporters owe something to the club.

Wrong Paul, we owe you nothing, you owe us everything, you would be NOTHING without us. You have no right to make ANY comments to the supporters group. We're your BOSS!

But I understand, it dosn't feel like it because we're currently not united and you don't really feel and TRUE pressure from the supporters. So 'Fuck Us' right Paul?

Sometimes I hope this team crumbles into the gutter, just so us, the supporters, your fucking employer, have to unite to bail it out. Until that day you'll just continue to sip coffee and get paid for lunches turning a blind eye to the humble buzz in the background crying for help. That buzz will turn into a roar soon enough.

The accumulated filth of all your sloth and indifference will foam up about your throats and all you toads and layabouts will look up and shout "Save us!"... and We'll scream "NO!"

This is my new signature :canada:

Pachuco
....and for the record Paul,

Thanks for throwing the players under the bus by admitting that they are being "asked" to come out and applaud the supporters. Because until now I thought they actually camoe out on genuine appreciation.

I had the exact same thought as I read that line.

FluSH
SoHow much is Mo getting paid? Is he even in the country? I mean who's TFC BOSS around here? We want answers, We want an explinantion from the top... people are passing the buck so let's hear from the BOSS?

Would the Real TFC BOSS please stand up....

KdotOdot
06-03-2009, 07:43 PM
See jogga once again it's Toronto Til I die. I get to choose when to give up if ever. I get to fight for my club even if the owners are content to sp coffee and smoke big cigars, but I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free, cuz this team I'll keep supportin', and thats what tortures me.

ensco
06-03-2009, 07:44 PM
.... is just wrong. He's the head of the BUSINESS side.

The players, Cummins, Mo, Anselmi, Peddie, MLSE Directors, they're all fair game.

I have had disagreements with Paul, and I expect to again (like when the details of the friendlies come out), but spare a thought for him today. First, we know he cares about the team. Second, he's in charge of marketing this lost cause right now. This is a bad situation for him, personally and professionally, he has been let down too.

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I've gone on blind faith for too long, supporting a sub-standard team in a sub-standard league. Hell I probably spend a greater portion of my income on TFC than MLSE does. This was rock bottom for me, as Flush said it wasn't one game but rather the feather that broke the camel's back.

Blind faith no longer....MLSE, TFC, respect is earned not given - so I take my respect back until it warrants it being earned again.

FluSH
06-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I had the exact same thought as I read that line.

Well I'm sure they were told that

http://iran-interlink.org/userfiles/Image/logos/cbc.jpg

Is mad at them for applauding... so they go for the cameras...

Can we get Nigel Reed to confirm this?

John Molinaro is this true? Is CBC telling TFC FO not to come by and applaud cause they are taking too long for the Camera interviews?

this is joga
06-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Its nice to have the opportunity to post on a message board of the group and hope for the demise of the group. Real classy. Go apply for a job at MLSE, they like your type.

your not reading what i am saying... i just think that if you're not happy, than don't support. just b/c i disagree with you on this matter doesn't mean i can't voice my opinion. i don;t wanna see this group or any supporter group go away, although if you feel this strongly about the the club doing you wrong, than maybe you should stop supporting them.

If you made a mistake at your job that was worthy of dismissal, is your boss going to care that you feel 100 times worse than he does...NO.

although we all agree that the business of sport is not the same as the ordinary work place.. it simply doesn't the same way - we all know that.

Will people like yourself fuck off with this? You have no fucking clue what league or team I support. And if it was my team that was coming, I WOULD BE EVEN MORE PISSED THAT THE TICKETS AREN'T INCLUDED.

As for Paul doing everything he can for the supporters, well.....funny you mention the Real Madrid fiasco.

why is hostile towards me? chill out buddy... if you don't agree with me, say so. no need to get all internet tough guy on me.

Kickit09
06-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I can not wait untill Toronto gets a second team and the seas part.

ESC 101
06-03-2009, 07:49 PM

You know what? Our front office in New York would give ANYTHING to have the support that Toronto enjoys on a consistent basis. The people you are complaining to will have no sympathy, particularly when your front office is pulling these stunts, all of which are a smack in the face to your supporters.

The support your franchise receives is a privilege in MLS. No other team outside of Seattle enjoys the following that you have. I come from a city where MLS used to mean something. For years New York was the most well-supported team in the league, and we were mediocre at best too. Now what is left is the core supporters groups and a few masochistic souls who watch the team lose on a consistent basis. It can happen to you too, and it will if you and MLSE do not fix it.

Maybe I'm out of order for commenting on this issue, but I sympathize with the Toronto supporters on this. You can't expect to treat your fans like consumers and expect them to keep coming back for more, not when you try to charge them absurd prices for a friendly, no matter who it's with. Especially not when you just crashed out of competing in the Americas with the top clubs (like we in NY are this year).

In short, I'm sick of seeing the supporters clubs being treated like crap by front office's across the league. What they, and what all supporters clubs give to the club is nothing like you see in ANY other sport in this hemisphere. When you patronize them and trivialize their support, you will lose them, and you will have a huge mess on your hands. I've seen it happen first hand, and we're only now beginning to recover. Keep that in mind, Toronto could become the next Metrostars. Respect your supporters, at the end of the day they are all you have.

By the way, our season ticket holders got to watch us play Barca for free. And they just won the champions league.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah i do understand.. i just disagree that you're getting killed. and if you feel like you are, please stop supporting the club.

if i felt like i was getting raped by MLSE i would not renew my season tickets.. if someone on the street is shitting on you are you gonna continue standing there - probably not. so move on if you feel like you've been done wrong.

Doesn't this statement fly in the face of your previous post that was against a 'walkout' or protest?

MG42
06-03-2009, 07:52 PM
You know what? Our front office in New York would give ANYTHING to have the support that Toronto enjoys on a consistent basis. The people you are complaining to will have no sympathy, particularly when your front office is pulling these stunts, all of which are a smack in the face to your supporters.

The support your franchise receives is a privilege in MLS. No other team outside of Seattle enjoys the following that you have. I come from a city where MLS used to mean something. For years New York was the most well-supported team in the league, and we were mediocre at best too. Now what is left is the core supporters groups and a few masochistic souls who watch the team lose on a consistent basis. It can happen to you too, and it will if you and MLSE do not fix it.

Maybe I'm out of order for commenting on this issue, but I sympathize with the Toronto supporters on this. You can't expect to treat your fans like consumers and expect them to keep coming back for more, not when you try to charge them absurd prices for a friendly, no matter who it's with. Especially not when you just crashed out of competing in the Americas with the top clubs (like we in NY are this year).

In short, I'm sick of seeing the supporters clubs being treated like crap by front office's across the league. What they, and what all supporters clubs give to the club is nothing like you see in ANY other sport in this hemisphere. When you patronize them and trivialize their support, you will lose them, and you will have a huge mess on your hands. I've seen it happen first hand, and we're only now beginning to recover. Keep that in mind, Toronto could become the next Metrostars. Respect your supporters, at the end of the day they are all you have.

this post...I like it

Cambridge_Red
06-03-2009, 07:52 PM
The TV thing is a crock... a pull the wool over your eyes maneuver. In other countries ie. Japan the team does a lap and bows to their supporters. I'm not demanding this from the players but mutual support Team to supporters is something that should go hand in hand. I highly doubt the likes of Jim Brennan had to be asked to acknowledge the supporters. Another B.S. story from Paul...

this is joga
06-03-2009, 07:53 PM
See jogga once again it's Toronto Til I die. I get to choose when to give up if ever. I get to fight for my club even if the owners are content to sp coffee and smoke big cigars, but I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free, cuz this team I'll keep supportin', and thats what tortures me.

i agree.. and fully understand.

i am not trying to tell anyone how to go about supporting their club... im just giving my opinion (and we all know that opinions are like assholes, we all have one)

you are in your right to be angry and support the club anyway you see fit.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 07:54 PM
i'm pretty sure some people at the club would like nothing more than to have NO supporter club than have ones that think they have a say in the way a club is run.

Of course they don't want the hassle, but joga we aren't going ANYWHERE!!!

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 07:55 PM
thank you ESC101 !

your post is appreciated because it let's these guys know that were just not flying off the seat of our pants. We pour money, time, and heart into our team and to be mocked the way we are by the dude that takes credit for this passion is completely B.S.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 07:56 PM
your not reading what i am saying... i just think that if you're not happy, than don't support. just b/c i disagree with you on this matter doesn't mean i can't voice my opinion. i don;t wanna see this group or any supporter group go away, although if you feel this strongly about the the club doing you wrong, than maybe you should stop supporting them.

although we all agree that the business of sport is not the same as the ordinary work place.. it simply doesn't the same way - we all know that.

why is hostile towards me? chill out buddy... if you don't agree with me, say so. no need to get all internet tough guy on me.

I get irritated when people speak on my behalf. Specially when everyone here has stated why they are pissed about the friendlies. So it's a dumb cheap shot to guarantee something you can't even back up.

this is joga
06-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Doesn't this statement fly in the face of your previous post that was against a 'walkout' or protest?

not at all... you can do what ever you see fit. i am still against a walk out - or should i say, i wouldn't walk out. you can do whatever you see fit, im not gonna stop any of you.

Nestease
06-03-2009, 07:59 PM
if someone on the street is shitting on you are you gonna continue standing there - probably not. so move on if you feel like you've been done wrong.

I'd say "Hey you fuck, I paid to stand in this spot, even more so year after year. The only reason you're even here is because 20,000 people declared this our house. Now fuck off and stop shitting"

David
They do it out of appreciation this guy is a total clown, in my humble opinion only.

No...they actually don't. That's the one thing he said that was legit in his post. What was the point of him making this thread again?

this is joga
I get irritated when people speak on my behalf. Specially when everyone here has stated why they are pissed about the friendlies. So it's a dumb cheap shot to guarantee something you can't even back up.

i get it man, still no need to jump all over me.. i understand your pissed - so am i. although i'm not gonna jump on you on this board. no worries, i get it and no harm no foul. its all good

Waggy
06-03-2009, 08:00 PM

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14039

Pimpin aint easy but somebody gotta do it :rolleyes:

Anyone who wants to get involved, help in the organization and planning of our bid, get over there or to the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=109955658974&ref=nf (logo curtesy of Mcgill. thanks man)

olegunnar
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
not at all... you can do what ever you see fit. i am still against a walk out - or should i say, i wouldn't walk out. you can do whatever you see fit, im not gonna stop any of you.

Are you Joga_llo on twitter?

@Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne) how do you put up the RPB? or should i say, how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?3:10 PM May 30th (http://twitter.com/joga_llo/status/1975447288) from web

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
^ zing

TorontoBlades
06-03-2009, 08:02 PM

@Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne) how do you put up the RPB? or should i say, how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?3:10 PM May 30th (http://twitter.com/joga_llo/status/1975447288) from web

how about you olegunner, Paul kinda threw you under the bus too earlier

this is joga
06-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Of course they don't want the hassle, but joga we aren't going ANYWHERE!!!

thats fine, but you gotta understand that you/me have NO say in how things are done. the sooner you understand that, the better off you'd be.

do i want my voice to be heard? sure, i'd love that. i'd love if supporter clubs in MLS had the same voice as clubs in europe do... but at the same time i'm gonna thankful we don't b/c before the houston game we had a love fest with the club and now after two games we're all pissing on them. i know its more than the last two games, its also about the friendly and the field - this is something thats not gonna change. face it.

this is joga
06-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I'd say "Hey you fuck, I paid to stand in this spot, even more so year after year. The only reason you're even here is because 20,000 people declared this our house. Now fuck off and stop shitting"

problem is, its not 20,000 people how are pissed off. its about 1,000 or so. (thats a guess btw, it is no where near 20,000 is my point)

this is joga
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM

yup, thats me. why?
i have nothing to hide from.. i did say "how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?"

truth is there is a lot of BS thrown at him. and this thread is a prefect example of it

TFC07
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM

MLS will not give Toronto a 2nd team unless you meant that USL gives us a team.

NateDoGG
06-03-2009, 08:06 PM
get a real head coach.. get real grass.. and get real about goin after a REAL DP from europe. (michael owen)
either of that could and should fix this mess torontos front office has created

Chevy
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
yup, thats me. why?
i have nothing to hide from.. i did say "how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?"

truth is there is a lot of BS thrown at him. and this thread is a prefect example of it

Paul = Guitarist
RPB = Bluto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9JYq-mXprw

boban
06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I take issue with some of the criticism of MLSE being "cheap" or solely about maximizing profits.

Yes, they are a business. But to use the Leafs as an example, that team routinely had one of the top 5 payrolls in the game. They used their monetary advantage to bring in plenty of high priced free agents.

You can argue that they didn't spend it wisely but you can't argue that they weren't willing to spend it.
They are cheap. But they mask it very well.
Being 5th or 6th in payroll means fuck all when you blow the other teams away in revenue. They were never in the top 3.
They pay less for a lackluster GM, an embarssing scouting system, and on and on. Never mind internally how cheap they are.

Darlofletch
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
ESC101, A few days ago, another time MLSinToronto was posting to try and quell anger here, he mentioned that our FO was going to take care of the Red Bulls supporters who got screwed over by changing the game from august to june. Has anything happened with that yet?

olegunnar
yup, thats me. why?

No nefarious reason
Just remembered that tweet and thought it (since it was from May 30th) would frame your position in this thread a bit better

marquis
I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.
I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups...

Someone on this board must know something, so please come forward and let us all know

WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
They are cheap. But they mask it very well.
Being 5th or 6th in payroll means fuck all when you blow the other teams away in revenue. They were never in the top 3.
They pay less for a lackluster GM, an embarssing scouting system, and on and on. Never mind internally how cheap they are.

MLSE is "cheap" when it comes to TFC because they haven't paid for a DP. It's as simple as that.

What makes it even more frustrating is that winning more games - like yesterday's - will increase revenue. So, by not spending the money now they must have decided that the risk wasn't worth it.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
The supporters have noticed a lack of recognition/appreciation from the players this year vs. the past years. This started right off the bat with the Preseason Charleston tournament.

EDIT: ^^^ Response to marquis.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM

fans are just upset and rightly so with the on field product this season.
Chris's message is not geting through to the players as they have not
been professional on the field and seem to FLOAT about for 90 mins and not show any effort in playing for the club,city and the supporters. Get that sorted out and TFC will be fine...tell Mo to stop hiding and address the concerns of the fans in a press conference...why no dp? no grass?
no striker? etc. As far as the cbc, screw them, amatuer tv did a long time
ago , just someone forgot to tell the clowns at cbc that!!

FluSH
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Someone on this board must know something, so please come forward and let us all know

Sorry Marquis... you are not beign ignored... just too much to type right now... if you read through the threads... in particular the We Demand an Apology you will find your answer...

marquis
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
The supporters have noticed a lack of recognition/appreciation from the players this year vs. the past years. This started right off the bat with the Preseason Charleston tournament.

EDIT: ^^^ Response to marquis.

OK, thank you, that makes a little sense. I still don't get why PB chose this particular moment to "clarify" things...

Bluenose13
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM

By the way, our season ticket holders got to watch us play Barca for free. And they just won the champions league.This post should be sent to every suit in the TFC/MLSE front office. Thanks for the support ESC 101 !

Mikey
06-03-2009, 08:35 PM
So I can't have the champagne then?

C'mon, you dont need it, you've got 40 years worth of unopened leafs champagne.

Shep
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM

Yeah, it's better that they never come here to see how we are feeling about things............................................ ........:cool:

Shep
06-03-2009, 08:40 PM

I believe he is talking about the rumor that the players were told not to fraternize with the supporters.

NateDoGG
06-03-2009, 09:01 PM
"the beginning of the end" is what im fearing now. i feel no love at all... toronto fc is being run as a business, not a franchise that wants to win leagues and cups and stay that way..... and become one of the top pro sports in toronto. this thread really sucks.

TorCanSoc
06-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Wow. I was stunned at the anti-PB posts. I thought he was everybody's buddy? Leader of the FO lurking and listening to the heart beat of the fans? How can that be bad?

After reading all 10 pages... I'm agreeing with the fandom. To me its all about MLSE and nothing but MLSE. We're all afraid of the Leafs'ification of TFC. Apathetic, profit-only ownership. Wait till Kerfoot and Saputo get into the league, then we'll find out if owners with soccer heart can do any better.

At first I thought nothing of the MLSE Real Madrid fiasco. But I'm being educated/persuaded to feel that's a right shafting for us. Especially after that NY fan pointed out his Barca ticket was free for NYRB STHs.

I don't know what to think anymore. Honestly I don't know who to direct my anger at?

K1nG
06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I am personally embaressed to be a Toronto FC supporter at this time. I am sorry but we have all become or are becoming pension plan puppets.

bertal
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I am personally embaressed to be a Toronto FC supporter at this time. I am sorry but we have all become or are becoming pension plan puppets.

QFT!