PDA

View Full Version : Is Beckham playing on Saturday?

nimamalek
06-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Just got an email about Beckham coming back to the Galaxy from mlsnet. Does anyone know if he is playing Saturday? I hope he doesnt end up playing, no beckham and no landycakes should make for an easy game, although I thought the same about the whitecaps...

DangerRed
06-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Just got an email about Beckham coming back to the Galaxy from mlsnet. Does anyone know if he is playing Saturday? I hope he doesnt end up playing, no beckham and no landycakes should make for an easy game, although I thought the same about the whitecaps...

He's not playing. Not until July from what I understand.

Carter
06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090603&content_id=5120056&vkey=news_lag&fext=.jsp&team=t106

The popular midfielder, who is expected to begin training with the Galaxy on July 11 and play his first game on July 16 in New York against the Red Bulls, said he has been keeping close track of the Galaxy, who have nine draws in 11 games and are on a nine-game unbeaten streak. Beckham said he regularly has been sending text messages to Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena to wish him and the team good luck, and said it's about time the club starts getting a few victories.

trane
06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Can we close this thread or move it to a non TFC section. I do not give a shit about Beckham, at least not as a TFC supporter.

BFin
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
It's an opponent of ours this weekend.
This post is much more relevant than a 'stop telling me how to be a supporter' thread.
Personal opinions aside, this is relevant to this weekend.

trane
06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
^ You are right, you should l follow blindly threads are much more importnat.

MFBODD
06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Becks also plays for England who has a match that day. Even if he was with LA he wouldn't be in Toronto.

nimamalek
06-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Can we close this thread or move it to a non TFC section. I do not give a shit about Beckham, at least not as a TFC supporter.

If you took the time to read the initial post you would understand why I brought him up, it WAS related to TFC and to our next game specifically as someone already pointed out.