PDA

View Full Version : These 1-0 Wins

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 12:10 PM
....Have finally come back to haunt us. I didn't think we were going to go undefeated in this CCL, but in the "Woulda Coulda Shoulda" mode, these 1-0 wins over Montreal and Vancouver have bitten us in the ass.

Several of us (Shakes, myself, and others) have stated that the lack of finishing in our wins will come back to haunt us. Well it has.

We dominated those two games but Barrett (who scored us that cracker of a goal) and company's inept finishing meant that in the event that either Vancouver or Montreal could overtake us if they swept one another via goal differential.

All of our CCL wins have come by 1-0 wins. Isn't that sad? Inferior opposition supposedly, and we can only muster 1 goal per win.

The doomsday scenario could've been lessened if we just put away more of our chances and bury the other two before we even played on Tuesday.

Now we're screwed and all we can do is watch in awe at our team's awful finishing.

giambac
06-03-2009, 02:39 PM
....Have finally come back to haunt us. I didn't think we were going to go undefeated in this CCL, but in the "Woulda Coulda Shoulda" mode, these 1-0 wins over Montreal and Vancouver have bitten us in the ass.

Several of us (Shakes, myself, and others) have stated that the lack of finishing in our wins will come back to haunt us. Well it has.

We dominated those two games but Barrett (who scored us that cracker of a goal) and company's inept finishing meant that in the event that either Vancouver or Montreal could overtake us if they swept one another via goal differential.

All of our CCL wins have come by 1-0 wins. Isn't that sad? Inferior opposition supposedly, and we can only muster 1 goal per win.

The doomsday scenario could've been lessened if we just put away more of our chances and bury the other two before we even played on Tuesday.

Now we're screwed and all we can do is watch in awe at our team's awful finishing.

Absolutely Bang on .

we should have and could have beaten both Montreal and Vancouver by at least 3 goals at BMO. Our goal differential would now be better and we still would hav ehad a shot.
who do I blame- the jackass MO Johnson who has been promising us a DP striker for 3 years.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Absolutely Bang on .

we should have and could have beaten both Montreal and Vancouver by at least 3 goals at BMO. Our goal differential would now be better and we still would hav ehad a shot.
who do I blame- the jackass MO Johnson who has been promising us a DP striker for 3 years.

I, too blame the lack of a DP striker. I doubt Mo chose not to sign one. He might have signed the wrong one, but if he had the okay from MLSE he would have signed someone.

scots17
06-03-2009, 02:44 PM
you got that right...and to add salt into our wounds, we'll go into MTL and win 1-0...you'll see!!!!

Rudi
06-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Does Vancouver have a DP striker? They put two past TFC last night.

Does Houston? They scored three on Saturday.

Does RSL? They scored six against NYRB earlier this year.

A DP striker is not the be-all and end-all to scoring woes. Team cohesiveness is far more important.

MrHawk
06-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh goodie, another "What is wrong with TFC?" thread.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 02:48 PM

A DP striker is not the be-all and end-all to scoring woes. Team cohesiveness is far more important.

Okay, sure. Each member of this team needs to be better and they need to play better together. I hope that those changes start today.

Meanwhile, with the writing of one cheque we could get better. Not the be all and end all, but better. Right away.

But, yeah, get rid of everybody who`s still here from Year One because we really have to move on.

colman1860
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
We've now even found a way to complain about our wins. We're a truly special group...

giambac
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM

Well TFC has no Team cohesivenes, no DP striker, no experienced qualified coach, no solid CB, no grass field,

What the fuck do we have??????

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
We've now even found a way to complain about our wins. We're a truly special group...

:D

I'm saying a win is nice, but when push comes to shove tiebreakers mean everything. The top one being goal diff and we'll never win any tiebreaker the way we play. No killer instinct. Haven't shown it since 4-0 Dallas in 2007.

MrHawk
06-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Didn't last week TFC beat New England 3-1?

After giving up a goal?

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 03:02 PM
[/b]

Well TFC has no Team cohesivenes, no DP striker, no experienced qualified coach, no solid CB, no grass field,

What the fuck do we have??????

Ownership that is worried MLS will go the way of NASL so they won't spend more than the league mandated cap.

Man, if only that Blackberry guy loved soccer.....

Walnut
06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Just gotta look at the strike rate from shots on goal of our forward players;

Vitti - 0%
Dichio - 33% (only 3 SOG)
Barrett - 14%
Dero - 28%
Guevara - 45%
Ibbey - N/A (zero SOG)

Our average for the forwards players is 20% of our shots on goal get in the back of the net. For the whole team, 27% of shots on goal get in the net.