PDA

View Full Version : TFC's end of season results

Oldtimer
06-03-2009, 10:20 AM
It looks like we are in the same summer slump as years 1 & 2. Where do you think we'll end up?

RedsYNWA
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
IN THE RIVER just like the past 2 years

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I voted for narrowly missing the playoffs. We look like a playoff team one game, then like a bottom dwelling team the next.

TFC_Chris
06-03-2009, 10:36 AM
The thing is whenever we have an easy game on our hands, we play like we've never played the sport before. Then when our backs are up against the wall and we need a miracle to win, we seem to pull through.

RedsYNWA
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
The thing is whenever we have an easy game on our hands, we play like we've never played the sport before. Then when our backs are up against the wall and we need a miracle to win, we seem to pull through.

WHAT?? WHEN?? DID WE EVER COME BACK TO WIN ANYTHING NO CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP, NO PLAYOFFS,

I don't even know if we ever came back being a goal down

Roogsy
06-03-2009, 10:48 AM

When was this?

The only game where I have seen this team show some grit is in DC when we were down and came back. Otherwise, the only other game I recall where we were down and came back to actually win was the most recent game against the Revs.

The rest...once we are down a goal, we're out. Finished. We're lucky if we can pull out a draw and half the time, our opponents finish us off with an insurance goal before we can even think about saving a point.

DangerRed
06-03-2009, 10:49 AM
This team will choke and ditch, bottom of table. There is no finishing. To win games, you need goals. We CAN NOT SCORE GOALS. This loses games.

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
WHAT?? WHEN?? DID WE EVER COME BACK TO WIN ANYTHING NO CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP, NO PLAYOFFS,

I don't even know if we ever came back being a goal down

New England just 2 weeks ago. 1-0 down to 3-1 up. :)

rocker
06-03-2009, 12:48 PM
TFC will finish right where I predicted they would in the "season prediction thread" at the top of the forum :) I said they'd be about an even team (about as many wins as losses, 11-10-9) and currently we stand about there (4-4-4).

I gave one of the lowest predictions for TFC actually, although some have called me a homer!

Davenport
06-03-2009, 04:45 PM
It looks like we are in the same summer slump as years 1 & 2. Where do you think we'll end up?

Summer slump ?
Funny....that's the only season they play !

noochie
06-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Who cares... I'd just settle for some goals at this point... something... anything to cheer for. Score some freaking goals and let the cards fall where they may.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I voted for narrowly missing the playoffs. We look like a playoff team one game, then like a bottom dwelling team the next.

Right on the money with that

K1nG
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
If MLSE raises ticket prices once again next year I can pretty much guarantee that I will be focusing my disposable income on the Hamilton Coyotes.

TFC07
06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I think we can make it to the playoffs. :scarf:

Super
06-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I think we can make the play-offs, but not without the support of fans. The players are no doubt disgusted with themselves at this point and that means they are likely to begin doubting themselves BIG TIME. Saturday is going to be a VERY important game in the road back to great form. If we suffer a loss I predict it will be the beginning of a bad run of form that could potentially send us out of the play-offs. A win, a GREAT win, would win back the respect of not just supporters but more importantly for the players themselves.

Oldtimer
06-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I think that we're already started on a bad losing run. hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the last two years where we tanked mid-season.

GabrielHurl
06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
4 points worse off than this time last season - and you know how that finished

TFC_Chris
06-04-2009, 11:13 AM
When was this?

The only game where I have seen this team show some grit is in DC when we were down and came back. Otherwise, the only other game I recall where we were down and came back to actually win was the most recent game against the Revs.

The rest...once we are down a goal, we're out. Finished. We're lucky if we can pull out a draw and half the time, our opponents finish us off with an insurance goal before we can even think about saving a point.

Colorado last season. With only 14 players on the roster due to international commitments, we win 1-0 to end our losing streak.

Then I guess you could ignore the games to end last season when we had an outside shot of making it in and go 2-2-0 only to get knocked out on the Saturday night.

Come on Roogs, even you have to admit that when we get fed a shit sandwich and are expected to get destroyed, we end up playing the best soccer. I can't understand why we can't do that all of the time though.

TFC_Chris
06-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Disheartening TFC stat of the day:
In TFC's existence, they have only won 2 games in the months of July, August, and September. They were both away games.
So technically, TFC have never won a home game during the months of July, August, and September.

S_D
06-04-2009, 03:13 PM
this:

MLSE ups ticket prices 10%

should be at the end of every poll option :D

james
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
no matter what the conclusion is MLSE are gonna raise the prices 10%...they cant keep there hands out of the cookie jar!!

those rich fucks!