PDA

View Full Version : Finger pointing in the TFC dressing room??

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Cummins mentioned in his post-game interview that some players are blaming others in the dressing room. I guess the Atmosphere in the dressing room is changing very fast........time to make changes.

Barrett wasn't too happy about being subbed last night.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Must have something to do with....ammmm I don't know

TWITTERGATE :)

Oh, FUCK Barrett he should never have started the game.

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
If I am Amado, I am sitting in Hondorus pissed at the performance. I am sure he was in shock just like us yesterday......

Edit: not saying Amado is a cancer, he seems to get along with everyone in the dressing room. I'd say Barrett is one guy who could be on the outs in the dressing room, just my opinion.

Arnie Knows
06-03-2009, 09:44 AM
hahahahaahhh In fighting , that will fix everything ..

Carter
06-03-2009, 09:46 AM
someone is a locker room cancer.. who could it be..

giambac
Cummins mentioned in his post-game interview that some players are blaming others in the dressing room. I guess the Atmosphere in the dressing room is changing very fast........time to make changes.

Like I said,
we need the dude form North Korea to do his nuclear testing on this team and blow the whole damn thing up.

Fuck all you guys wanted a 5 year plan. Well blow the team up today. Fire Mo, fire the coach, get rid of the lazy unskilled heartl;ess players and start over. This team is a joke.

noochie
Barrett would do well to keep his mouth shut until he learns how to do his job well...

TFCREDNWHITE
06-03-2009, 10:13 AM
FUCK all the PLAYERS that don't play their HEARTS OUT!!!!

I'm so full of rage right now!! I fucking hate everybody on the team!!!!

sulfur
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM

Any player worth his salt is upset to be subbed off.

Barrett would do well to keep his mouth shut until he learns how to do his job well...

Brennan looked upset to be subbed too. Should he keep his mouth shut? I wouldn't jump to conclusions about who is doing finger pointing. Of course, we'll do that anyhow. We like making scapegoats.

dupont
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
If anyone was upset at being subbed off last night then too bad. They had their chance to make a difference all game. Tough shit.

RedsYNWA
06-03-2009, 10:28 AM
BRENNAN is an absolute joke, he is useless this year, he should not be captain there is only 4 or 5 players on TFC worth anything

BURN all the other no heart no talent joke excuses for a professional player

zeelaw
06-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Barrett missed a header that honestly I think any one of us could of scored. Man does this guy know how to find space, he just cant do anything with it.

Oblio2
06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I disagree. Everyone should be upset at being subbed, unless their legs are broken.
I want players to stay on and fight. If you are upset at coming off...Good....go out and show why you should stay on in the next game

TFC07
06-03-2009, 10:31 AM
BRENNAN is an absolute joke, he is useless this year, he should not be captain there is only 4 or 5 players on TFC worth anything

BURN all the other no heart no talent joke excuses for a professional player

Agreed. Jimmy B should be sitting on bench instead of starting.

reggie
06-03-2009, 10:31 AM
what do you expect from a 3 div coach who is cracking jokes with the linesman on saturday down 3 nil....

nimamalek
06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
what do you expect from a 3 div coach who is cracking jokes with the linesman on saturday down 3 nil....

I dont know how you could blame cummins for this, TFC was the better team, they had more chances and played the better game after the first 20 mins
1st goal was a mistake by sutton, not cummins first choice
2nd goal was late and the team was pushing with only 3 defenders back
tactically he did everything right, the players on the field didnt finish they're chances and Mo failed to get us a quality striker

Walnut
06-03-2009, 10:44 AM

I was quite astounded to see Cummins laughing and joking on Saturday. WTF was he thinking...?

boomcha
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I was quite astounded to see Cummins laughing and joking on Saturday. WTF was he thinking...?

Its better than crying! He was laughing because we were playing like shit. As in we were a joke.

I have to say that there are some players that shouldn't be on our team any longer.

1) Harmse - so what he scored a goal for us? He consistently sits around and looks like he is slacking and can't pass - bye bye
2) Johann Smith - stepovers doesn't make you Cristiano Ronaldo, been here a year, hasn't done anything either - bye bye
3) Rickets - Nice guy, but this year has been consistently garbage. Can't beat anyone. Bye bye
4) Vitti - So many chances, nothing to show for it yet. Season is half over already. Bye bye
5) Barrett - Trying like hell but hasn't scored enough for us with plenty of chances. Has caught the Cunningham curse.

TFC07
06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Its better than crying! He was laughing because we were playing like shit. As in we were a joke.

I have to say that there are some players that shouldn't be on our team any longer.

1) Harmse - so what he scored a goal for us? He consistently sits around and looks like he is slacking and can't pass - bye bye
2) Johann Smith - stepovers doesn't make you Cristiano Ronaldo, been here a year, hasn't done anything either - bye bye
3) Rickets - Nice guy, but this year has been consistently garbage. Can't beat anyone. Bye bye
4) Vitti - So many chances, nothing to show for it yet. Season is half over already. Bye bye
5) Barrett - Trying like hell but hasn't scored enough for us with plenty of chances. Has caught the Cunningham curse.

That's it? We need to get rid of Mo and Jimmy B as well. Robbo is garbage too! I wouldn't mind if he left the team as well. Offensively speaking, he is a liability.

But I think we should keep Vitti though. Excluding his finishing, he is very good technical player that this team desperately needs.

Stryker
06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Don't forget longball Brennen.
All heart, no talent.

Kaz
06-03-2009, 11:13 AM
The only players to really truely hussle last night, were Serioux, Cronin, and Attakora. Vitti deserves props for tring.

Vancouver won last night because they played their hearts out and then kept going, Toronto couldn't even be bothered to try to make a decent pass, or try to tackle half the time

Bombonera
06-03-2009, 11:26 AM
WHat about Robinson. When will everyone wake up to the fact that he can't shoot, and that his passes rarely lead anybody other than the oponents. I am tired of him getting a pass. When does he lose his jersey, or is he our hero becasue he has resigned his national side!

Soods
06-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Attakora?? I'm not sure that one of his passes made it to a TFC player all night long.

boomcha
06-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I was rushed finishing my list (work gets in the way sometimes).

I agree, everytime Robbo touches the ball for a shot on net he blasts it up into the sky. And Mo, well that is a given.

As for Brennan, I think that he shouldn't be our captain. He is a nice guy and loves this team but I haven't seen anything in the 3 years that says captain. Of course that job would fall to our beloved DeRo since people can actually look up to him and he seems that he would demand nothing but the best from leading by example. Every game you see him work his butt off to get the ball.

boban
06-03-2009, 12:08 PM
1st goal was a mistake by sutton, not cummins first choice
How quick we are to shit on him eh?
Sutton did what he could.
The real question is why was Tourre so open on that rebound. Where was the marking?

Pookie
06-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Passing is also a function of support off the ball.

I watched my U8 team stand around at times during our game last night. They stood around waiting for the pass to come to them even when they were marked. "Get Big" or "Get Open" were constant reminders.

I then went home, watched the game and saw the same thing from TFC.

The one thing that I do like about Vitti is that he is one of the players that consistently shows movement and support off the ball.

maninb
06-03-2009, 12:22 PM
The real question is why was Tourre so open on that rebound. Where was the marking?

Any decent keeper tips that ball out of play instead of flapping at it and sending it right in front of his own goal, which is what Sutton did...no excuses he f*cked up royally!

2freedom
06-03-2009, 12:31 PM

Agreed, I'm a keeper on my team, and the only goal past me last week was because the man out front wasn't marked AT ALL. He was wide open and the ball came to his feet, I had no hope and my defender was like 15 feet from him by himself! I say sutton did alright, he didn't get much support!

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Agreed, I'm a keeper on my team, and the only goal past me last week was because the man out front wasn't marked AT ALL. He was wide open and the ball came to his feet, I had no hope and my defender was like 15 feet from him by himself! I say sutton did alright, he didn't get much support!

Did you pass the ball to the guy who wasn't marked? Cause that's what Sutton did.

rocker
06-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Harmse was clueless on that goal though. He was ball watching and not covering either of the two men who could potentially get to that rebound. So I can understand the criticism against Sutton for allowing the deflection, but Harmse could have picked up Toure and ensured that if there was a deflection, he could take care of it. But the whole time he's worrying about being goaltender, I think, instead of defender.

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I hope that they were ripping into each other after the loss. They all cost the team the game. As Vince Lombardi said:

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser

brad
06-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Any decent keeper tips that ball out of play instead of flapping at it and sending it right in front of his own goal, which is what Sutton did...no excuses he f*cked up royally!

This has been my number one complaint about Sutton since day one. He makes terrific saves but gives up cheap rebounds off them that no quality keeper should.

brad
06-03-2009, 02:16 PM

Both were at fault. The defender that left Toure unmarked, and Sutton for not putting the rebound either our or to a less dangerous area.

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 02:16 PM
^ Sutton's kicks were horrible as well.

brad
06-03-2009, 02:19 PM

That's my number two complaint - distribution.

I'm not Sutton's biggest fan, but I will give him a pass here. Due to the boneheaded move by the MLS to eliminate the reserve division, he hasn't played since April (unless you count matches against the UofT, and I don't). He wasn't going to be at his best.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 02:19 PM

The very first thing I noticed from Frei this year in the first game was how much better than Sutton his goal kicks were.

Carts
06-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I disagree. Everyone should be upset at being subbed, unless their legs are broken.
I want players to stay on and fight. If you are upset at coming off...Good....go out and show why you should stay on in the next game

I agree I like players that have that 'fight' in them...

But there are times when you shouldn't be upset at getting subbed... Lets say you're a striker, team is up 1-nil with 10-minutes left and being pressed - you're subbed for a big defender to win balls in the box. No need to be upset there... (not the case last night obv)

But again, I like the players that have the fire and don't want to come off...

Carts...

Jeff s
06-03-2009, 02:30 PM
People overrate Freis kicks to much. He managed to kick a lot of them off the field....

Bombonera
06-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Speaking of Sutton. let' splease not forget his clearing effrt that hit their forward. The man has two left feet, and perhasp left his remining neurons on that goal post a couple of years ago.
Oh, and he could have stopped the second goal as well. decent shot, but he is 6'6'', and was out of position... He didn't even get a hand on it. He is done too.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 02:56 PM
People overrate Freis kicks to much. He managed to kick a lot of them off the field....

When I am comparing them to Sutton's, how can I be over-rating Frei's kicks?

brad
06-03-2009, 03:13 PM

They were terrible in the Houston match, but prior to that, they were quite good. If his foot was already bothering him in the Houston match, that could be the explanation.

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
They were terrible in the Houston match, but prior to that, they were quite good. If his foot was already bothering him in the Houston match, that could be the explanation.
No, they weren't. Distribution of any sort has been Frei's weak spot all year long.

Davenport
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Barrett missed a header that honestly I think any one of us could of scored. Man does this guy know how to find space, he just cant do anything with it.

No wonder there's trouble in the dressing room.
How would you feel if you kept setting him up only for him to f*ck up once more.
I couldn't care if he could find space in an aircraft toilet.......he's shite.
And for him to get upset when subbed....that's hilarious.
He's very lucky TFC are mad enough to pay him to play football.

Fushida
06-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Passing is also a function of support off the ball.

I watched my U8 team stand around at times during our game last night. They stood around waiting for the pass to come to them even when they were marked. "Get Big" or "Get Open" were constant reminders.

I then went home, watched the game and saw the same thing from TFC.

The one thing that I do like about Vitti is that he is one of the players that consistently shows movement and support off the ball.

agreed. we had this same talk last game, i think if anything this loss will bring more attention to this.

No, they weren't. Distribution of any sort has been Frei's weak spot all year long.

agreed. i think his distribution only looked good compared to sutton... barely.

jloome
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM

I'd respectfully disagree and suggest you check how many other keepers have direct assists this season. His set of DeRo's goal wasn't an accident; he has some of the best distribution for a keeper of his age I"ve ever seen.

And rather than getting into the usual board pissing match, if you'd like to debate the contention I'll troll through some video tonight, give you the time stamps and let you go from there. You can see a lot more of what he does on TV, I imagine, where you have overhead views, than in person.

Erkan16
06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
i hope everyone in the room is ripping into Barrett. i would rather play a man down with Barrett in a different city altogether than have him on the pitch.

TorCanSoc
06-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I see it time and time again. Some mid-fielder makes all-heart attempt to chase and win a lost cause. Passes it off to a team mate who promptly coughs it up. Must drive DeRo and Guevarra mental !!