PDA

View Full Version : Mo has to go

trane
06-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I will say it. People will tell me that I am negative. But he has not delivered. Therefore he must go. Enough is enough.

fiji_blue
06-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Enough is Enough...

alexintoronto
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
In other news, OJ may actually have murdered his wife afterall!

I was willing to be patient - this was the year. Make the playoffs and win the V Cup - that was the goal.

They failed. Clean house.

Arnie Knows
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I DISAGREEE ..

All his draft picks have been the best in league .. one is with rangers now (won cup )
look at the guys playing this year .. Frei and cronin..

The team should be good enough , players are acting like little bitches is the problem

C.Ronaldo
06-03-2009, 08:38 AM
^ he also signed ZERO forwards

canucker
You can't blame MoJo for that loss. This all on the players and the coaching staff. This team competes in the MLS against better opposition but can only muster 2 goals in 3 games against teams in the inferior MLS?

Sorry, I can't get my hate on for MoJo on this! It doesn't make sense to. Direct your anger and resentment at the players and coaching staff. They're the ones who didn't show up or execute at all.

If they were sitting last in the MLS I would agree with you, but we're tied for 2nd in the East. How can fault Mo for this loss and yet not give him credit for the results in the MLS so far?

alexintoronto
Our leading scorer of all time has 12 goals. Do you see a problem there? If you could do something about it wouldn't you?

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
I know you got a point trane but you could have used one of the old Mo out threads. There's 2 years worth.

Canadian Blue
06-03-2009, 08:40 AM
How is any of this Mo's fault? Just read Arnie's post, he knows.......Mo's draft picks and trades have for the most part be great. Without Mo, we have no Frei, Cronin, Wynne and I few others.

Canadian Blue
06-03-2009, 08:41 AM
^ he also signed ZERO forwards

So where do Dichio, Vitti and Barrett play?

jabbronies
06-03-2009, 08:44 AM
So where do Dichio, Vitti and Barrett play?

Dichio is a forward, however I think Barrett and Vitti play Left Centre Bleachers.

Arnie Knows
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Dichio is a forward, however I think Barrett and Vitti play Left Centre Bleachers.

Take a Look at Barrett he looks almost mentally retarded .. one chrome missing in his DNA for sure..
and it shows on pitch ..

trane
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM
It is about results. He had 2 1/2 years and he has failed. Yes, not everything he has done was horrible. But we needed to win this competition and we failed. Enough. For the second year, a USL team shall represent Canada in the Champions league not TFC, the biggest club in the land. I am sorry but that is good enough reason to fire someone.

Jack
06-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Simply put, we've been waiting since last season for someone who could score.

We still don't have the CB and we are playing a bench player or a very young, untried guy there, or a converted disaster of a midfielder.

Serioux needs a partner and we need someone who can finish. It's been like that for a long time and nothing has been done.

It's on the players to play the game, no doubt, but it's on the management to put the right combination of players together.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 08:50 AM
In other news, OJ may actually have murdered his wife afterall!

I was willing to be patient - this was the year. Make the playoffs and win the V Cup - that was the goal.

They failed. Clean house.

These are my thoughts exactly.

Arnie Knows
06-03-2009, 08:50 AM

We still don't have the CB and we are playing a bench player or a very young, untried guy there, or a converted disaster of a midfielder.

Serioux needs a partner and we need someone who can finish. It's been like that for a long time and nothing has been done.

It's on the players to play the game, no doubt, but it's on the management to put the right combination of players together.

Should we NOT have a DP????

all the money they make ??

Mikey
06-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Mo has manouvered himself away from the playing field and into the money machine. Theres NO chance Mo will be going anywhere while he can still draft kids and then sell them on for big bucks a year or two later.....

TFC~Vatreni
06-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Winning is something that trickles down from the top down and starts with the ownership. This is a proven fact in any sports team that has had success.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Should we NOT have a DP????

all the money they make ??

Well that's just it. if you replace Mo will the next guy be allowed to spend on a DP? All it's going to take is money.

Let Mo spend it or let someone else spend it. But it needs to be spent.

elvis
06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I will not stand and support this team like I have in the past. I feel betrayed. They need to prove to me now that they actually want to win (both players and management). I don't believe they do.

Last night was shame.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Look, Mo's job is to put together a team that can perform and that can win the Canada Cup and make the playoffs. Yes, MO is a good drafter, but that doesn't mean he's a good GM. Leave him in a scouting position where he can have an impact on the draft and get a proven GM who can make things happen outside of the draft.

Enough is enough. We've needed a proven goal scorer since TFC's existence and Mo hasn't been able to find that person. That to me, is enough to make some changes.

olegunnar
06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Mo has manouvered himself away from the playing field and into the money machine. Theres NO chance Mo will be going anywhere while he can still draft kids and then sell them on for big bucks a year or two later.....

That's the unfortunate truth.

I also get the feeling the manuvering was mutual since MLSE isn't too excited about having to go find a soccer guy to hire.

Tyler Durden
06-03-2009, 09:06 AM

Exactly...without a solid AND commanding back line we are nothing...on top of that we have no consistent striker to put relatively easy balls in the net...

As long as Harmse is getting time on the pitch we will look like a first/second year team....NOT GOOD ENOUGH MO!!!!

TFC~Vatreni
06-03-2009, 09:10 AM
The approval to spend money is not left to Mo!!! He needs the approval of MLSE! How does anyone here know whether Mo has tried to sign a DP or not? For all we know he has tried, but ownership has refused to pay the big bucks.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 09:12 AM
The approval to spend money is not left to Mo!!! He needs the approval of MLSE! How does anyone here know whether Mo has tried to sign a DP or not? For all we know he has tried, but ownership has refused to pay the big bucks.

Because we know all ;) Shit in TFC land spreads like melted butter on bread. If Mo had a DP locked up and MLSE refused it, we would've heard it.

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Without Mo, no Cronin, Frei, or Wynne

With Mo, Robert, Ricketts, Barrett, Vitti, Ruiz, Jarrod Smith, and Kevin Harmse

Fire him now.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 09:15 AM

Fire him now.

DUDE - How could you leave out Braz and Reda :D

TFC~Vatreni
06-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Because we know all ;) Shit in TFC land spreads like melted butter on bread. If Mo had a DP locked up and MLSE refused it, we would've heard it.

Hard for me to believe every happening behind closed doors is known. They could've just told him, "hey here's your limit for a DP, $750K, work with that". That's just an example but I'm trying to point out that we don't know the whole situation.

I hope you're right but I just refuse to trust this shady ownership group.

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
DUDE - How could you leave out Braz and Reda :D

Damn how could I have forgotten.

Even with this next game being meaningless I'd just want to see Serioux stomp on Braz's gonads just once.

CoachGT
06-03-2009, 09:29 AM

And the management has chosen the style of play. We've zigged while other teams zag - we play basically an English style game, a style that has not been successful in this league, which is dominated by South American influence. The style of play just doesn't succeed with the combination of players we have and opponents we face, even at perceived lower levels.

Our backline is weak with an apparent inability to prevent goals and we struggle to find the net.

First time I've said this on the board, but it is now time to rethink where we are and clean house.

Carter
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
And the management has chosen the style of play. We've zigged while other teams zag - we play basically an English style game, a style that has not been successful in this league, which is dominated by South American influence. The style of play just doesn't succeed with the combination of players we have and opponents we face, even at perceived lower levels.

Our backline is weak with an apparent inability to prevent goals and we struggle to find the net.

First time I've said this on the board, but it is now time to rethink where we are and clean house.

Now i have you quoted on this, its going into the signature.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 09:59 AM

We are a team that plays in a league with a very low salary cap. We've done very well within that cap.

What we need to do is add a DP.

We could "clean house" every year but if we don't add a DP we'll end up right back where we are.

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I want someone COMPETENT. I don't care if it's not a DP.

But you know what? They're just toying with us. TFC will come out and whip the Galaxy 3-0 and we'll have a party, only to see us lose in Montreal next time around and restart this bullshit.

We're a lousy team playing on a lousy surface with lousy management employed by lousy owners supported by the best fans in MLS.

Something is wrong here.

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
The only good thing Mo has done is draft Frei and Cronin. He has been absolute shit at everything else. There is not one good reason why he should be the GM of this team after last night's farce.

Oldtimer
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Mo's done some things right. However, a manager is judged on the sum total of his results. It's starting to look like Mo should go.

reggie
you never hear from the guy(mo)anymore.
the guy is hiding in his box every game.
al least burke and colangelo face the media.
who said we don't have a DP,i think we have been DPed twice now.

Beach_Red
I want someone COMPETENT. I don't care if it's not a DP.

But you know what? They're just toying with us. TFC will come out and whip the Galaxy 3-0 and we'll have a party, only to see us lose in Montreal next time around and restart this bullshit.

We're a lousy team playing on a lousy surface with lousy management employed by lousy owners supported by the best fans in MLS.

Something is wrong here.

You forgot, "lousy league."

I want someone worth two million dollars a year. You get what you pay for.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Mo's done some things right. However, a manager is judged on the sum total of his results. It's starting to look like Mo should go.

As long as the next get is allowed to use every method available to build the team - including paying a DP.

Do you think MLSE will let the next manager do that if they don't let Mo?

Stryker
06-03-2009, 10:28 AM
My question is this... Did Mo orchistrate the deals for DeRo and Serioux or did they just fall into his lap cause the players forced the hand of their former managers in wanting to come home?
If it's the later, then axe him.

jloome
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
People are also somewhat missing the plot on how bad he is: Ansou Touray is a better finisher, it appears, than anyone on our team. Do you think HE's counting $400,000 against our salary cap?

Shit, not to sound too arrogant, but I've sent these guys LISTS of strikers who are available and would cost less than a DP; some of them, including Carlo Costly, the team actually pursued (or, much more likely, was already pursuing.)

There are an abundance of options if your manager isn't a tool. Ours is a tool.

CoachGT
06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
And a DP won't solve the problem - it may just add to it. We'd be better off with a team full of players making roughly the same salary, a couple a little higher, a couple a little lower, and have the depth that brings, rather than spend all of our money on one or two players and fill the roster with warm bodies (see the LA Galaxy over the last two years). Defence wins championships in just about every sport, and our main concern should be improving the backline, but we also need a finisher. I'd rather a nil-nil draw than lose a 5-4 shootout.

fetajr
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I will say it. People will tell me that I am negative. But he has not delivered. Therefore he must go. Enough is enough.

Mo and Cummins. Bring in a guy who preaches possession attacking futbol.... but who will choose 'that guy'?, Anselmi?.. Anselmi knows dick about soccer.

felipe
06-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes! That's it!

We'll fire Mo, and move cummins upstairs - this'll give us a direct pipeline to good players on Watford in the championship and Luton in the... err...Blue Square Premier Leagues!

Or we'll get Dale M to work his magic!

No, actually, I agree - I've always thought Mo was a tool.

He put on a 2 hour coaching cinic at the OSA meetings in Vaughan a couple of years back, (as did Mitchell) and their segments were an absolute joke. No preperation, no coaching done at all during their segments. They couldn't even be bothered to prepare something knowing that 2500 amateur coaches would be there to pick up tips and pointers and ideas. That arrogance is telling to their personalities and how they go about doing their real jobs.

I'd love to get rid of Mo- but replace him with what? sometimes the devil you know...

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Yes! That's it!

We'll fire Mo, and move cummins upstairs - this'll give us a direct pipeline to good players on Watford in the championship and Luton in the... err...Blue Square Premier Leagues!

Or we'll get Dale M to work his magic!

No, actually, I agree - I've always thought Mo was a tool.

He put on a 2 hour coaching cinic at the OSA meetings in Vaughan a couple of years back, (as did Mitchell) and their segments were an absolute joke. No preperation, no coaching done at all during their segments. They couldn't even be bothered to prepare something knowing that 2500 amateur coaches would be there to pick up tips and pointers and ideas. That arrogance is telling to their personalities and how they go about doing their real jobs.

I'd love to get rid of Mo- but replace him with what? sometimes the devil you know...

Anyone is better than this jackass so I'd replace him with Giambac.

Actually now that I said that I'll have to retract my previous sentence. :D:p

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 02:06 PM
And a DP won't solve the problem - it may just add to it. We'd be better off with a team full of players making roughly the same salary, a couple a little higher, a couple a little lower, and have the depth that brings, rather than spend all of our money on one or two players and fill the roster with warm bodies (see the LA Galaxy over the last two years). Defence wins championships in just about every sport, and our main concern should be improving the backline, but we also need a finisher. I'd rather a nil-nil draw than lose a 5-4 shootout.

I think the DP rule is stupid, too, it's no way to go about building a team but as long as this league has it, TFC should use it. Not the way LA did, the way Columbus did, the way Seattle has, the way Chicago has.

It would be easy to clear up $200,000 on the current roster and bring in a DP striker for the rest of this season, just to try and salvage something.

besides, there are too many questionable penalties called in this league to play for 0-0 or even 1-0.

ilikemusic
06-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Theres a reason New York supporters were laughing at us when Mo was named head coach and GM.

Vhoghul
06-03-2009, 02:17 PM
With who?

First thought? Javier Clemente is available, and he'd probably love a chance to return to the sidelines.

I came up with that in 5 seconds. If only there was someone who's job it was to find competent staff for this team and had resources. You could probably get a dozen good solid candidates in a week.

NateDoGG
06-03-2009, 02:20 PM
mo is not the problem. barret is a useless tit, cummins is not a very good coach. tho i know he is trying his best, its not his fault jc bailed on us.
its a bunch of shit all wrapped into one shit ball. things need to change, but mo is not the problem

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 02:26 PM
MO is the problem because he signed the useless tit, and hired Carver. He's started this shit storm.

giambac
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM

WOW,

I've been saying this for 2 years and people have been saying I was neagtaive.

He hasn't delivered on his promises. The team has lsot out 2 years in a row in the CC championship. The teams till doesn't have a quality striker. The team still doesn't have an experienced qualified coach.

What has he done? what has he delivered on.

Your right enough is enough.

fetajr
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
MO is the problem because he signed the useless tit, and hired Carver. He's started this shit storm.

AMEN!!

now onto a coach:

JOSE SULANTAY, former Chile u-20 coach :canada:, knows Canada, loves Canada.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
AMEN!!

now onto a coach:

JOSE SULANTAY, former Chile u-20 coach :canada:, knows Canada, loves Canada.

Does he know how to get the DP money out MLSE?

Super
06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Mo is definitely responsible on the top level. He brought in all the players, and he puts in place the coaching staff as well. I would say that it's time to part ways and try something different. Maybe get someone in there who will be able to properly scout a DP striker to come to Toronto.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm just curious, before the game last night, did any of us expect to lose?

Did we think our team was good enough to go into Vancouver and win the game?

fetajr
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Does he know how to get the DP money out MLSE?

we'll leave that to a more dynamic, thinking outside of the box, type manager... ie: Not MO

Sulantay can coach, and he would get better results out of what he's got to field.

TFC USA
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I thought we would win.

And I'm not going to say I was overconfident nor will I lower my expectations. They had key players missing and we had beaten them before.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 02:59 PM
we'll leave that to a more dynamic, thinking outside of the box, type manager... ie: Not MO

Sulantay can coach, and he would get better results out of what he's got to field.

Maybe. They need to be motivated, though. It's one thing to motivate teenagers to play for their country, another to get these MLS guys to play. Carver couldn't do it, Cummins can't do it - at least not in any consistent way. there are a lot of MLS teams that run very hot and cold.

Or maybe this really is the best these guys can play, maybe they simply can't be at their best every game.

Who's the best coach in MLS right now and what's his coaching background?

Steve
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I thought we would lose. I don't know what it is about TFC, but even after we won our first two games of the NCC, I never believed. TFC seems to find a way to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. Honestly, at the time I thought "the only way TFC is going to take this, is if the impact and whitecaps tie their two games, and make it statistically impossible for us to screw it up". Sadly, that did not happen.

Of course, I do forsee one of two things happening in the Montreal game. Either we will be up 3-0 in the final minutes, get awarded a penalty, and miss it, or we will be up 4-0, and Montreal will be awarded a penalty (handball). Either way, TFC has a way of making you believe just before crushing your dreams.

Davenport
06-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Fire him now.

He only got the first 3 in the draft......a monkey with a pin would do just as well.
As for the last lot..they're all signings.....a shocking record.
He's a clown and he's really pulled the wool over MLSE's eyes.
They know f*ck all about the game and they think he does.
Sadly, the joke's on us...

Kickit09
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I support this thread.

TFC07
06-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Where is Mo? I haven't heard from him in a long time.

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 05:37 PM

To be honest I'm quite glad we don't hear from him anymore. I was getting tired of him spewing the same tired rhetoric over and over again.

ua-kozak_TFC
06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
You can't blame MoJo for that loss. This all on the players and the coaching staff. This team competes in the MLS against better opposition but can only muster 2 goals in 3 games against teams in the inferior MLS?

Sorry, I can't get my hate on for MoJo on this! It doesn't make sense to. Direct your anger and resentment at the players and coaching staff. They're the ones who didn't show up or execute at all.

If they were sitting last in the MLS I would agree with you, but we're tied for 2nd in the East. How can fault Mo for this loss and yet not give him credit for the results in the MLS so far?
Who hires the players and coaching stuff?? ...MOJO.
I think I made my point and you just lost yours....enough is enough

TFC Tifoso
06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
My question is this... Did Mo orchistrate the deals for DeRo and Serioux or did they just fall into his lap cause the players forced the hand of their former managers in wanting to come home?
If it's the later, then axe him.

DeRo asked to come back home last year.

jloome
06-03-2009, 06:59 PM
He only got the first 3 in the draft......a monkey with a pin would do just as well.

Bingo.

Unfortunately, he's probably playing the revenue card, given his Rangers contacts helped with the Edu sale. Very shortsighted to keep him on at this point.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
How is any of this Mo's fault? Just read Arnie's post, he knows.......Mo's draft picks and trades have for the most part be great. Without Mo, we have no Frei, Cronin, Wynne and I few others.

Mo did go out and get the player almost all TFC fans wanted in DeRo, Serioux...:scarf:

iansmcl
06-03-2009, 07:47 PM
RE: Mo's drafting skills

I've heard a lot of people talking about how DC's two draftees from this year: Pontius and Wallace, I think; have been absolute lights out this season and how they're easily comparable to Frei/Cronin.

How did Mo's drafting work out last year? Where's James/Phelan/anyone else? And before anyone says something about James turning into DeRo, I'm sure we could've sent them Velez or somebody else for him. Draft picks from next year, allocation, whatever.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Mo did go out and get the player almost all TFC fans wanted in DeRo, Serioux...:scarf:

What most people want is a fucking DP. a fucking expensive ass player that tears this league apart. Why? because MLSE can afford it thanks to us.

ua-kozak_TFC
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I think this is a GENIOUS POST. It should be forwarded to TFC's front office. It;s short and conciece and it pretty much explains almost 3 years of failure.

sampace
06-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I agree that the buck stops with Mo. If we continue to play midfielders in defensive positions (Brennan and Harmse), Velez who although a defensive player looks out of position, he should be fired. Sign some proper players who can play defence, and are not converted midfielders.

TFC07
06-03-2009, 10:12 PM
To be honest I'm quite glad we don't hear from him anymore. I was getting tired of him spewing the same tired rhetoric over and over again.

Let's hope he is trying to get some players (striker, CB and winger). When does MLS summer window open?

TFC07
06-03-2009, 10:14 PM

But DeRo kind of force Houston to trade him to Toronto while Dallas wanted to get rid of Serioux to make room for their incoming players.

T_Mizz
06-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Let's hope he is trying to get some players (striker, CB and winger). When does MLS summer window open?
I agree with this, he needs to go out duringthe summer and use it like other sports use the trade deadline, because if histeam doesn't make the playoffs afterwards he should be gone, that is the very least we should get this season.

Kickit09
06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=199&pictureid=1622

Whoop
06-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Winning is something that trickles down from the top down and starts with the ownership. This is a proven fact in any sports team that has had success.

QFT

MLSE lacks a commitment to excellence.

Lack of a winning philosophy, winning culture.

Cashcleaner
06-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Mo has had to go since mid-season 2007. Next question.

jloome
06-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Mo has had to go since mid-season 2007. Next question.

He just seems woefully out of his depth.

It's astounding to me, the poor level of player he's brought through for trial after trial. And in the end, we get a team full of technical players with no football intelligence and half of them seemingly lacking heart.

-- No true CB. The only one we had, Marshall, is now doing a bang-up job for seattle.

-- Poor defensive cover, regularly, by both fullbacks.

-- An overabundance of playmakers. I love both DeRo and Guevara, and I really think Vitti has mad skills, but I'd trade any one of them for a striker who can bag 15 mostly from his own industry.

--Tactical naivete. In the modern game, you can't just keep playing the same formation day in and out, especially not after a run of only one loss in six games. We need different looks that are effective.

-- Overconfidence. We've a team full of players who know how good they are with the ball at their feet, but don't play as a team. Simple as that. It's arrogant.

I hope everyone also realizes we live in a day and age where there are professional scouting bureaus, with subscription databases, keeping an eye on all sorts of facets of players all over the world, including their contract status. Surely to god sheer record of performance would dictate we could find some players via databases and brokers.

We don't need to spend DP money. Does everyone really believe there isn't a top scorer in one of the 20 or so leagues of similar skill level to MLS that would come here for more money that he might get in South Africa, or Colombia, or Egypt?

It's just taking advantage of fans. The club knows it can build more quickly and save us these humiliations but sees no financial necessity in doing so, and numerous risks. They like cautious, and will tolerate the odd embarassment, regardless of how it affects fans.

mclaren
06-04-2009, 06:30 AM
I said Mo should go a looooooong time ago and was slammed for it. I am happy that we're all getting on the same page.

Beach_Red
06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
We don't need to spend DP money. Does everyone really believe there isn't a top scorer in one of the 20 or so leagues of similar skill level to MLS that would come here for more money that he might get in South Africa, or Colombia, or Egypt?

Maybe we don't need to, but there's no reason we shouldn't. Someone close to the end of their career would be much more of a known quantity, it might help to avoid some of those attitude problems.

And with those brokers the question is, how much more money would they want to send a player to Canada? Maybe it's just because I read this board too much, but if I was an agent I would never let a young non-American player with any promise go to MLS. There are so many problems with the league, the single-entity contracts, the lousy coaching, the crap officials, the many stadiums with turf, no reserve teams, no development, and on and on.

Naw, they'd be better off in Africa. I'm surprised we got those two Gambians, they must be crap ;).

supersaint
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I cant believe some twats talking like the season is over. Christ we are sitting in a decent spot in the table, we have brought in some great young talent and we WILL make the frigging playoffs. Do we perpetually give mgmt a season to turn things around and if not, out the door they go? Are we not a better team than last season already? I am frustrated as hell about the last two games, but lets just see how the season develops. I think Cummings isnt doing a bad job, and give him credit for trying some different things, even if they dont work, like the Marvell up front experiment. But I think Barrett might be more useful in midfield, although Rohan has lost it, if he ever had it, as has Jimmy B. And whatever we do...we must....keep the ball out of Harmse way!

Don Julio
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Ultimately I agree, but I don't think it will accomplish much to do it now - too close to the summer transfer window for a new guy to really make a difference. Bring someone in near/after the end of the year.

I wonder who would actually make the decision to fire Mo? Anselmi? MLSE board?

trane
06-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I cant believe some twats talking like the season is over. Christ we are sitting in a decent spot in the table, we have brought in some great young talent and we WILL make the frigging playoffs. Do we perpetually give mgmt a season to turn things around and if not, out the door they go? Are we not a better team than last season already? I am frustrated as hell about the last two games, but lets just see how the season develops. I think Cummings isnt doing a bad job, and give him credit for trying some different things, even if they dont work, like the Marvell up front experiment. But I think Barrett might be more useful in midfield, although Rohan has lost it, if he ever had it, as has Jimmy B. And whatever we do...we must....keep the ball out of Harmse way!

We are sitting in a decent spot on the table, because we have played many home games, which we have not capitalized on. Things can get very ugly quickly with the road games we are going to face soon.

billygrieveuk
06-04-2009, 11:48 AM
considering how much money he has to spend on players, i think hes done quite well. plus we didnt have much choice as an expansion team.

jloome
06-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Maybe we don't need to, but there's no reason we shouldn't. Someone close to the end of their career would be much more of a known quantity, it might help to avoid some of those attitude problems.

And with those brokers the question is, how much more money would they want to send a player to Canada? Maybe it's just because I read this board too much, but if I was an agent I would never let a young non-American player with any promise go to MLS. There are so many problems with the league, the single-entity contracts, the lousy coaching, the crap officials, the many stadiums with turf, no reserve teams, no development, and on and on.

Naw, they'd be better off in Africa. I'm surprised we got those two Gambians, they must be crap ;).

They don't work like that. Talent databases aren't affiliated with the players, they're just subscriptions that keep up on basic stats, contract status and average match rating, where available, along with having agent contact numbers.

And if we can't get good third world players here, can someone please explain why Ansou Touray is playing in USL? Why Osvaldo Alonso spent his first year out of Cuba in USL? Why bahamian (going by memory) striker Marlon James signed in USL and turned down MLS? Why EVERY lower league around the world -- including ones that pay well less than MLS -- has an abundance of African and South American presence, and haven't effectively tapped those markets (past Guevara, a known MLS entity) for a scorer?

The former top scorer in the South African league is now playing in China. When he was first brought to MLSE's attention, he was still playing in South Africa and available for a song. I'm aware that VISA issues must be resolved, but you do what you need to, and we need a fucking striker.

Oldtimer
06-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I actually think Mo is pretty good with the draft, maybe the best drafter out there.

HOWEVER, a GM is judged by the totality of his results. He hasn't built up an organization capable of winning, like Seattle has. All we hear are excuses. This year, there aren't any excuses that anyone would buy.

Chevy
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
RE: Mo's drafting skills

I've heard a lot of people talking about how DC's two draftees from this year: Pontius and Wallace, I think; have been absolute lights out this season and how they're easily comparable to Frei/Cronin.

How did Mo's drafting work out last year? Where's James/Phelan/anyone else? And before anyone says something about James turning into DeRo, I'm sure we could've sent them Velez or somebody else for him. Draft picks from next year, allocation, whatever.

Phelan starts for NE, he drafted Edu and also Altidore when he was with NY. Say what you want about his other management skills, but his draft record is pretty friggin good.

Beach_Red
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
And if we can't get good third world players here, can someone please explain why Ansou Touray is playing in USL? Why Osvaldo Alonso spent his first year out of Cuba in USL? Why bahamian (going by memory) striker Marlon James signed in USL and turned down MLS? Why EVERY lower league around the world -- including ones that pay well less than MLS -- has an abundance of African and South American presence, and haven't effectively tapped those markets (past Guevara, a known MLS entity) for a scorer?

Good questions. But you sort of answered them yourself - these guys all turned down MLS - maybe it's because the league owns the contracts and not the teams, we know that's turned off some guys (well, their agents, really).

Still, you're right, TFC should have better players than it does.

TFC USA
06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Draft record? Good.

Record on the pitch? Astronomically bad.

trane
06-04-2009, 02:18 PM
They don't work like that. Talent databases aren't affiliated with the players, they're just subscriptions that keep up on basic stats, contract status and average match rating, where available, along with having agent contact numbers.

The former top scorer in the South African league is now playing in China. When he was first brought to MLSE's attention, he was still playing in South Africa and available for a song. I'm aware that VISA issues must be resolved, but you do what you need to, and we need a fucking striker.

Visa issues, unless there are inadmisablity issues, such as criminality as an example, shuold not be that hard to resolve for a organization like MLSE. The reason for most refusals are ones of crediblity, ie that the offer of employemnt is not credible, and it is just a way of getting into Canada. A large organization such as TFC/MLSE would not face that, when trying to bring over a player with clear credentials as a player. I am not saying that snags may not be hit, but it is hard to see other, then those aformentioned, inadmissabilty, being very hard to resolve.

TFC FORZA RPB
06-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Poll?

Section 117
06-04-2009, 06:42 PM

I know where Mo is he is working on his four year contract extension with MLSE. A source told me ....

We have to show our distain with the way the club has been run or we will end up like every other sports team in our time.

We must united all SG's and voice our displeasure of how Mo runs this team our in the end BMO will feel like the ACC

:flare:Toronto Till I Die :flare:

Cambridge_Red
06-04-2009, 06:46 PM
I know where Mo is he is working on his four year contract extension with MLSE. A source told me ....

We have to show our distain with the way the club has been run or we will end up like every other sports team in our time.

We must united all SG's and voice our displeasure of how Mo runs this team our in the end BMO will feel like the ACC

:flare:Toronto Till I Die :flare:
SG's Need to make a stand starting this Saturday and you know what I mean.... and yes i agree he must go

reggie
06-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Phelan starts for NE, he drafted Edu and also Altidore when he was with NY. Say what you want about his other management skills, but his draft record is pretty friggin good.

then he should be in charge of college scouting,because he has got no overseas contacts at all...
how fucking long do we have to wait for that foward or cb, the same shit has last year...wait wait wait....MOstake by the lake must go...

Section 117
06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
SG's Need to make a stand starting this Saturday and you know what I mean.... and yes i agree he must go

Best way IMO is silent protest for 90 mins, show them at least we can start and finish something,

The players need to get the message soon. At least some of them do

Cambridge_Red
06-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Best way IMO is silent protest for 90 mins, show them at least we can start and finish something,

The players need to get the message soon. At least some of them do

staying silent is not enough, sorry

Marco2K
06-04-2009, 07:13 PM
I am sick an tired of FUCKIN EXCUSES.

Atleast if we where losing while playing well. we suck. We cant complete a pass.

S_D
06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
considering how much money he has to spend on players, i think hes done quite well. plus we didnt have much choice as an expansion team.

can't agree with that one. TFC had almost a million more in allocation cash that the playoff teams did last season, and this team as it is can't compete with them.

My betting Mo is praying that O'brien White is the striker we so desperately need. If he flops, Mo is going to have to do something and quick to fix it or go.

Section 117
06-04-2009, 07:21 PM
staying silent is not enough, sorry

I disagree, the reason why silent protes IMO works is that our club was a smashing success because of the supporters. Best fans in the MLS was said quite often. But now year three we can beat teams that have spent less money and inferior talent in most cases. Most USL players either made it and then got cut or didn't make it all.

All the SG must unite for 90 mins and stay silent just cheer our national anthem. Show the front office and the players we care about this team and if you don't then why shoukd we.

Cambridge_Red
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
It failed at the all star game. Walk Out

reggie
06-04-2009, 08:55 PM
where is he....maybe he is not with the club anymore or is he getting ready for next years draft...

Cashcleaner
06-04-2009, 11:54 PM
As previously mentioned, Mo has picked up some pretty sweet draft picks. I can't argue with some of the talent we've picked up. However, a good GM is more than a just someone how can spot talent up for grabs. I agree that we're not in terrible shape at the moment with regards to the league, but the miracle we need to pull off in Montreal compounded by recent sub-par league play shows a definite problem.

trane
06-05-2009, 06:50 AM
^ The problem with our league position is the amount of road games left, and the amount of home poitns already drpped. When you factor that in we are not in as god a shape as it seems.

rocker
06-05-2009, 07:11 AM
^ The problem with our league position is the amount of road games left, and the amount of home poitns already drpped. When you factor that in we are not in as god a shape as it seems.

let's see how this next stretch goes. We have Galaxy without Landon, then New York twice (they have a brutal road schedule coming up).

I think the schedule imbalance will become more of a problem if this next stretch is unsuccessful. 7 of the last 11 are on the road. The only "good" thing about that final stretch is there's no fixture congestion.

Columbus, New York, Houston and DC are all going to play in the Champions League. Chicago, New England, Chivas and Kansas City are all playing in the Superliga. We'll see how they handle fixture congestion.

Part of TFC's problem so far, has simply been too many games (in my opinion). each week TFC have been often 2-3 games played ahead of other MLS teams. That means TFC's schedule must ease up as other teams play the games in hand.

trane
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
^ I agree with the we have had too many games in this one strech.

The Black Pearl
06-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I thought we would lose. I don't know what it is about TFC, but even after we won our first two games of the NCC, I never believed. TFC seems to find a way to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. Honestly, at the time I thought "the only way TFC is going to take this, is if the impact and whitecaps tie their two games, and make it statistically impossible for us to screw it up". Sadly, that did not happen.

Of course, I do forsee one of two things happening in the Montreal game. Either we will be up 3-0 in the final minutes, get awarded a penalty, and miss it, or we will be up 4-0, and Montreal will be awarded a penalty (handball). Either way, TFC has a way of making you believe just before crushing your dreams.

I think it's a motivation issue.TFC players are no more interested in the NCC than Blue Jays players were in beating Montreal for the Pearson Cup.Mo hasn't drafted badly,but it seems the only time the squad shows any grit and spark is when DD is on the pitch, and he can't play forever sadly:(