PDA

View Full Version : Who hurts the most?

Shep
06-03-2009, 02:24 AM
No post-game interview on the site, no tweets from DeRo, Dichio or Rohan.

I took a break after the match to cool down, drank some stout (some meaning a lot) and watched some sci-fi tv, basically I escaped for a bit.

Coming back after letting my manic frustration deflate a little, I'm much less angry. Just severely (with lack of a better word) disappointed.

To take some of the pressure off of my brain I went empathetic.
How does our squad feel? Worse than us. No doubt.
We don't have enough depth, and tonight it was felt. Mo is to blame, Cummins is to blame, the players are to blame..

...but they did go into this match with more pressure and expectations than Van did, and really let's be honest, the Whitecaps may be USL but they could hold their own in MLS easily, in my opinion anyway.

And let's not discount Nolly. We rocked the chances.. oddly enough as it didn't seem like we controlled the ball very well, but we still had many. Sure a few may have went straight for him but he was 150%. Nolly is one talented bastard. barrets header could have been a bit higher, and the strike from Vitti 1 foot to the left, but they weren't. And if they had been, even one, we'd be writing a different response.

and so on.

The match crushed my heart, but I think our boys are probably hurting much more. They may be victims of bad formation, planning, or even hype and expectations.. but that's not important. They play for us, and they didn't want that, no one did.

This is dark, something good has to come out of it.

I have no idea what the point of this post is anymore, I'm way too drunk...but I'm goin t o post it anyway because I typed a hell of a lot here.

Night RPB, stand tall.:scarf: