PDA

View Full Version : Supporters: Where do we go from here guys?

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2009, 12:20 AM
So,

Realistically, tonight we were eliminated from CCL contention, yet again, to a couple of middling USL sides. I know we arent literally out yet, but getting through would require us to do something we can't seem to do: score goals.

We are also reeling from an absolute embarrassment of a loss to Houston on the weekend.

Our strikers still can't score with anything approaching consistency. Our level of play is still excruciating to watch at times.

On top of that, we still have pressing issues regarding our playing surface, which haven't been answered with anything resembling a frank explanation from the front office.

All of that said - where do we go from here? What changes do we demand? Instead of garbled white noise coming from places like these, demanding that hundreds of different things have to happen - let's focus our voices.

Where do you think our problems lie? Cummins? Mo? The players? Certain players? The ownership?

We can't accept this any more. Losing in a three team tournament, to teams a division lower than ours, is an embarrassment. The MLS playoffs are still a possibility, but things need to improve swiftly, which means bringing in a player or two who can GET THE JOB DONE.

Instead of a dozen different outlets for people to simply vent their anger, lets focus and demand the things that need to be done.

- Scott

jloome
06-03-2009, 12:24 AM
I have to assume that by tomorrow Jack, being the enterprising guy he is, will be delegating plans for some type of in-game protest.

I'm by no means a shrink, but I've been interviewing people for a long time. And I've been studying media for a long time. MLS and Toronto FC's head office are well aware that the community buy-in, the party atmosphere and bleeding-TFC passionate support, is crucial to the product staying profitable.

So you turn off their tap. Not by not going, but by taking down the atmosphere: right now, about one-third of the crowd are the real die-hards that sing, chant, drive the passion of the day, and draw in the remainder of the ticket holders. It's a weekly event in Toronto a much as it is football, just as is the case in England.

So take away that event atmosphere. Don't chant. Dont' sing. Don't praise them EVEN WHEN THEY SCORE. Make it clear that this is larger than placating the fans with one win on the trot, one week of effort, professionalism, drive and intelligence.

Make it clear, as the supporters that drive this team's existence as a profitable entity, that you can seriously affect that.

Don't spend any more money on concessions or merchandise for the rest of the season. Don't create the atmosphere. And make it known through public display (banners work nicely) that we want either a DP striker, major roster changes to drive efficacy, or numerous heads on a plate, starting with Mo

Waggy
06-03-2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14039

Simple, buy a CSL team, support the hell out of it, use profits to buy our way up to USL2, then USL1, then eventually MLS.

Daveisonfire
06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
What we need is a striker with a killer instinct and an eye for the back of the net.

Someone who gets into the same positions as Barrett but with the end result.

Someone who has the off-the-ball movement and awareness to feed off of players like DeRo and Guevara.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 12:28 AM
I can tell you where most of us probably aren't going - MTL.

Daveisonfire
06-03-2009, 12:32 AM
I have to assume that by tomorrow Jack, being the enterprising guy he is, will be delegating plans for some type of in-game protest.

I'm by no means a shrink, but I've been interviewing people for a long time. And I've been studying media for a long time. MLS and Toronto FC's head office are well aware that the community buy-in, the party atmosphere and bleeding-TFC passionate support, is crucial to the product staying profitable.

So you turn off their tap. Not by not going, but by taking down the atmosphere: right now, about one-third of the crowd are the real die-hards that sing, chant, drive the passion of the day, and draw in the remainder of the ticket holders. It's a weekly event in Toronto a much as it is football, just as is the case in England.

So take away that event atmosphere. Don't chant. Dont' sing. Don't praise them EVEN WHEN THEY SCORE. Make it clear that this is larger than placating the fans with one win on the trot, one week of effort, professionalism, drive and intelligence.

Make it clear, as the supporters that drive this team's existence as a profitable entity, that you can seriously affect that.

Don't spend any more money on concessions or merchandise for the rest of the season. Don't create the atmosphere. And make it known through public display (banners work nicely) that we want either a DP striker, major roster changes to drive efficacy, or numerous heads on a plate, starting with Mo

I like this post

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2009, 12:41 AM
I think a silent vigil with brown bags over our heads is a good idea. And a pre-match protest. Make sure it gets noticed by whoever is carrying the game on television, and talked about.

- Scott

Dunkers
06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Wow. That really sucked. I have now personally witnessed both USL teamd win the voyagers cup. I caught the team heading to the bus. They ALL seemed really bummed. I think the team really needs to work hard in practice to put the last two games behind them. And they sure could use a pick me up against ladycakes and the gals.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
As JLoome said...RPB be are working on something...and we'll let everyone know...

VPjr
06-03-2009, 12:55 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14039

Simple, buy a CSL team, support the hell out of it, use profits to buy our way up to USL2, then USL1, then eventually MLS.

I love the idea....lets do it. Red Patch United has a nice ring to it.

Nodoubtguy
06-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Where do we go?? to fucking bed!!!

FluSH
06-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Things are beign worked on as we speak... someone has to do work around here since TFC FO don't know the first thing about it.

twistedchinaman
06-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Right now -- to bed.

Next:
- Sweep the house. (Mo, etc.)
- Get rid of the houseguests. (Barrett, etc.)
- Bring in some reliable roommates. (Gerba...hell, DP: Lucas fucking Neill.)

Thank you, have a good night.

BayernTFC
06-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Where do you think our problems lie? Cummins? Mo? The players? Certain players? The ownership?
I don't think that there are any cut and dry answers. Singling out one individual or area of difficulty for change is a band-aid solution that is unlikely to solve our problems. We aren't playing well enough as a team to win games without some luck. Our midfield is where our greatest strength is, but we aren't organized enough to be effective. We can't control the ball and our passing is atrocious. Part of this is coaching. Part of it is personnel and player responsibility. We are woefully inadequate in the attacking end. Some of this can be attributed to wasted chances and a lack of a nose for the net. I observe that we are missing a strong presence on the wings. TFC just doesn't set-up the attack well and make our strikers dangerous with well fed balls. Our crosses are poor and we waste corners and free kicks when we get them. If we don't have any threats out wide that can stretch the opposing defense, our opponents can clog the middle and remain relatively fresh until the later stages of the match. I don't think that a formation with three strikers works well for us. Dichio seems to be the only guy who can change our look and he needs the ball to be fed into him. This never seems to happen when Barret and Vitti are out on the field at the same time as DD. Dichio looks lost out there in the triple striker formation and in a game when DeRo doesn't pass much, like tonight's against the Whitecaps, Dichio is completely ineffective. Look at the way Bruce Arena can salvage ties for the Galaxy with substitutions and formation changes late in games. There are some quality players in MLS who only start occasionally or who are regular substitutes that have offensive ability. I would love to be behind the scenes in order to see what Mo is up to and whether he recognizes that kind of talent. That would make a great thread: Who is the best non-starting attacking threat in the MLS? Mo did a great job picking Frei and Cronin in the draft though. I think we saw the results tonight without Frei in net. We are certainly a poorer squad without Cronin in the line-up too imho.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Attract big money Saudi investors to buy the team.

CretanBull
06-03-2009, 01:51 AM
You're probably looking for a more thoughtfull answer, but the reality is that our problems start with ownership and work their way down from there.

Lennon
06-03-2009, 01:53 AM
I love the idea....lets do it. Red Patch United has a nice ring to it.

Why not just "Red Patch Boys" ... they have "Young Boys" in Switzerland ...

Brooker
06-03-2009, 02:21 AM
/me starts making a nuse out of his chad barrett jersey.

denime
06-03-2009, 05:54 AM

Good post,but let's face it,we will do fu*king nothing.

Jack and other guys will brainstorm the possible actions for next game,try our best and than we will have posters coming out here to tell us how that will harm the team,and all usual crap we already read on this board every time we try to do something.It is to much individualism and that's killing RPB big time.

Remember All Star game guys,we couldn't get the front 5 rows of 112/113 to sit down for that game ,let alone whole South to sit down,or follow the leadership of SG's.

I hope RPB will have support from their own members for whatever we decide to do next game.

ALL FOR ONE !!! :scarf:

koryo
06-03-2009, 06:37 AM
It's really quite simple:

When this team is lazy we boo them.
When this team won't run for a ball or try to win a ball we boo them.
When this team plays like it has played for the past two games, we boo them.

They've had it too good for too long and need to know when we're furious with them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: losing I can live with as long as the team at least puts in the graft.

Last night and Saturday were nothing short of capitulation and an abject disgrace.

Mikey
06-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Brown paper bag manufacturers could be in for a spike in demand........

koryo
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Brown paper bag manufacturers could be in for a spike in demand........

For either wearing or vomiting in :)

Afra
06-03-2009, 06:50 AM
If they keep playing like the last two games, we won't even need to cut out eye holes in the bags on our heads.

MrHawk
06-03-2009, 06:51 AM
How about no one just show up to a game.

Or sit silent?

CoachGT
06-03-2009, 07:05 AM
I wondered about the banner we used that said "We Deserve Better" - that is certainly appropriate now. Also, something simple would work - two minutes silence during a game - something that would send a message, but only if enough of the supporters bought in. Two minutes isn't a long time, but it would seem like forever to those inside the stadium. No drums, no chants, and the "We Derserve Banner" held up in one of the sections.

I believe one of the Football Factory shows about Italian fans had a supporters group go silent for part of a game. Still standing, just silent.

If there is something in the works, that's good.

MrHawk
06-03-2009, 07:06 AM
I wondered about the banner we used that said "We Deserve Better" - that is certainly appropriate now. Also, something simple would work - 90 minutes silence during a game - something that would send a message, but only if enough of the supporters bought in. Two minutes isn't a long time, but it would seem like forever to those inside the stadium. No drums, no chants, and the "We Derserve Banner" held up in one of the sections.

I believe one of the Football Factory shows about Italian fans had a supporters group go silent for part of a game. Still standing, just silent.

If there is something in the works, that's good.

They were silent, cause one of their top supporters was in jail and they refused to chant since the club was not helping them out I believe.

Edit: If you want to cheer, 2 finger tap or give the most ridiculous sarcastic applause ever.

I also changed it to 90 minutes silence.

No chanting, no singing, no jumping, nothing. Walk in, plain clothes and just sit down and read the newspaper. Don't even cheer if they manage to score.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 07:32 AM
the problem with silence is that there are too many rogue chanters

drunk guys who ignore the capo and do their own thing. Then there are those who dont read these board and probably those who have no idea what the loss even means.

that is what i believe the problem with unity is...people dont have enough respect for the leadership and the RPB structure. They think starting their own chants when a capo goes quiet is a good idea.

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2009, 07:43 AM
As mentioned, if we were to suck the life out of the stands we'd be making a strong message.

I'm not for sitting or standing in silence-too much like every other team/sport but to add the paper bags or preferably, I know it would be extremely difficult, standing with backs to the play.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 07:50 AM
how about a walk out?????

imagine 500 southenders leaving the field at the 65th minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3opFzES7qb8

Orioles of MLB (ugh...) protest

Sparta
06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I disagree with the 2 min of silence -- it wouldnt even phase them

I agree with the unity -- need all or none or else it looks weak

Personally, I think we go hard or do nothing -- if we do something weak, they know that they will have thousands of people behind us ready and willing

I agree with that without the support, the market wouldnt be as it is, and that MLSE needs us -- BUT once again, if it aint drastic - it aint going to work

WHAT ARE WE (ALL SUPPORTERS) WILLING TO DO?????????????

Not show up for a game?
Not stand or Chant???

Whatever it is, it must be done UNTIL ACTION IS TAKEN by the team and changes are implemented -- not just one game or 2 min -- MLSE will laugh if so short - we cant half ass it

BUT the question comes down to how important and critical it is to do so, especially when we are in a playoff spot

I dont know?????

Batman
06-03-2009, 08:08 AM
I think a south end "sit in silence" for the entire game would send a message.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
we cant even agree though on what it is we want

do we want roster changes? do we want Mo gone? do we want Cummins gone? all of the above?

we need to know what we are protesting for, we cant just protest cuz we're pissed we lost.

MrHawk
06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
I think a south end "sit in silence" for the entire game would send a message.

In plain clothes, no tifo's, flags, anything.

Just sit there, be silent, read news papers, txt on your phone, play your PSP etc.

Sparta
06-03-2009, 08:11 AM
if that -- it think everyone -- all supporters in all section then should

Sparta
06-03-2009, 08:11 AM

do we want roster changes? do we want Mo gone? do we want Cummins gone? all of the above?

we need to know what we are protesting for, we cant just protest cuz we're pissed we lost.

TRUE -- i agree

fiji_blue
06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
We need to demand players who care to be here and play to win with their teammates. I dont care about free admission to ontario place, I dont care about a friendly against Real Madrid's D-team, I dont care about all the $$ MLSE is making off of me, I dont care about Rohans Twitter........ I CARE to support a Quality team and class organization that is building its history to become a Champion. Right now I dont think they are winning anything except discouraging the real supporters with thier off turf promotions...

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2009, 08:22 AM
In plain clothes, no tifo's, flags, anything.

Just sit there, be silent, read news papers, txt on your phone, play your PSP etc.

Gotta have the newspapers (Alright AL-MO!) or it can be misinterpretated.

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2009, 08:25 AM

TRUE -- i agree

At this point a demo will encompass all these points unless we work on banners etc. to be more specific. We don't have much time if we're talking this weekend.

MrHawk
06-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Gotta have the newspapers (Alright AL-MO!) or it can be misinterpretated.

What about a mock newspaper? Something like "TFC Fans sit down at entire game" as a headline?

joshpa
06-03-2009, 08:43 AM
heres an idea..

we could hang a materd-tipe tifo between 111 and 112 that says something along the lines of:

hot dog at the game: 6.00
large beer: 13.50
filling BMO field every game: XXX,XXX.00

losing voyageurs cup AGAIN= DISGRACEFUL

WE DESERVE BETTER!!!

maybe not in those words... but u get the idea...

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow. That really sucked. I have now personally witnessed both USL teamd win the voyagers cup. I caught the team heading to the bus. They ALL seemed really bummed. I think the team really needs to work hard in practice to put the last two games behind them. And they sure could use a pick me up against ladycakes and the gals.

I hope that you told them that they were all fucking embarrassments and disgraced everyone that's ever cheered for them.

Bunch of losers.

Mikey
06-03-2009, 08:49 AM
http://www.retailbag.com/paperbags/kraftnotions.html

:(

fiji_blue
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
heres an idea..

we could hang a materd-tipe tifo between 111 and 112 that says something along the lines of:

hot dog at the game: 6.00
large beer: 13.50
filling BMO field every game: XXX,XXX.00

losing voyageurs cup AGAIN= DISGRACEFUL

WE DESERVE BETTER!!!

maybe not in those words... but u get the idea...

Ilike this idea