PDA

View Full Version : Ok.....who's still going to MTL?

billyfly
06-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I guess I am but shiiiiiiiittttt I seriously don't feel like going anymore.

Super
06-03-2009, 12:16 AM
I've got 6 tickets bought and paid for - but I don't know if the trip is going to happen now that we shit the bed in Vancouver.

AL-MO
06-03-2009, 12:18 AM
I feel gutted right now. I'll let you know in a couple days.

The last thing I want is those fucking MTL Ultras to get the last laugh in all this shit. I dragged my ass home after the Canada vs. Honduras Fiasco not sure if I want to do it again.....

Carts
06-03-2009, 12:19 AM
I guess I am but shiiiiiiiittttt I seriously don't feel like going anymore.

I'm not...

Sorry to say but F*CK MLSE!!!

I will always support the boys, always, always support TFC, always support the lads... But that does NOT MEAN I will always shell out the cash... and that is all MLSE knows...

I know, an away trip is no money out of MLSE pockets - but I will not pay for something that this cash grab, money hungry, evil empire wants... They want us to go to Montrel - so they can chat about our support. BOYCOTT this - and show the EVIL EMPIRE this is just the start!

Carts....

BC101
06-03-2009, 12:21 AM

The last thing I want is those fucking MTL Ultras to get the last laugh in all this shit. I dragged my ass home after the Canada vs. Honduras Fiasco not sure if I want to do it again.....
and you KNOW they will... This is the footy Gods karma for us making fun of the "SHHHHHHHHHHH" incident, shouldn't fuck with that shit dudes LOL. Karma will fuck you up clearly.

billyfly
^Amen BC. Karma.

I need a couple of days to calm down....

Maybe go to MTL and just stay at Club Super.

Whoop
I'm still thinking of going to Montreal.

Still not sure about the game....

Like AL-MO said, while you want to support the boys, don't want to have the Montreal supporters egging us on causing more problems than it's worth.

phonzo
06-03-2009, 12:22 AM
bah edit because i know in a day I won't feel that...

BuSaPuNk
06-03-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm still going (was going more for my girlfriend, she hasn't been to Montreal). I'll be silent as shit for that game though. Won't even waste my time chanting. Fuck MLSE and fuck the Front Office.

Carts
06-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Honestly, our section should be 500 empty seats....

Carts....

Sab0tage
06-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm still going. I already paid for it all so it'd be a waste not to go.

The Montreal Ultras will probably try to start shit regardless.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-03-2009, 12:32 AM
I can't wait til June 18th. No one parties like that city here in Canada.

Whoop
06-03-2009, 12:38 AM
^^
Agreed.

I hate Montreal but I like the city.

Super
06-03-2009, 12:40 AM
I guess we need a few days to calm down.

grizzle
06-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I am still going. Sure its gonna be hard for them to come back, but its not over yet.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-03-2009, 12:47 AM
If anyone doesn't have a ticket. and still wants one please get at me.

Whoop
06-03-2009, 12:52 AM
At least it's my birthday that week. Make the most of it.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 12:59 AM
I think I'll go to bed soon and dream that I am the only one that goes to MTL and TFC win 5-0 and the team take pictures with the Cup and I'm in the picture and maybe (rewind) I actually play in the game and score the 5th goal and then......

Cashcleaner
06-03-2009, 01:21 AM
I think I'm still gonna go to Montreal but I'm not 100% sure anymore. Tonight's lost really left a bad taste in my mouth and while I know we can win in Montreal, I have my doubt it will be by enough to win anything.

Also, it sounds shitty, but if others don't go because of tonight's game and our slim chances to win, how good of a time am I gonna have if I'm surrounded by a bunch of hostile Impact fans with only a handful of other TFC supporters? Given what happened last time, we'd get eaten alive if anything went down.

Jeff s
06-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Im still going. I wanna be there for Toronto's greatest comeback :p

Ladies Love Julius James
06-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Unfortunately its over...

Even if we tie with 9pts... the first tie-breaker is head-to-head, and we lose that -1... :(

Carts...

I believe the first tie-breaker is goal differential. TFC win 5-0 they're through.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-03-2009, 02:00 AM

The last thing I want is those fucking MTL Ultras to get the last laugh in all this shit

seriously
talk about an internal battle

uncle p
06-03-2009, 02:26 AM
My flight is booked and paid for. I'll be there and in full voice.

If all else fails i'll just close out Chez Paris!!

Super
06-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Now watch us win 4-0 in Montreal and NOBODY shows up.

Umm, yeah ... not gonna happen.

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-03-2009, 02:42 AM
First words out of Rohans mouth while we were waiting to say good by after the game
" I fukking hate losing all the damn time"
DeRo didn't say shit, he just went straight on the bus..(He was pissed) still love him!
chad barrett " Sorry for our performance guys,we really are."..he looked like he was gonna cry!
We all chanted "Toronto Till I Die" as they left and you can see Dichio and Jimmy touching the window in respect! love those two
And Mo LOOKED FUKKING PISSED!!! he shook our hands but he WAS PISSED!

Anyhow were not dead yet guys!
Gotta have faith!

Keystone FC
06-03-2009, 04:27 AM
I still have to book the flight but I'm still going. It's TFC and I support them no matter how many goals we must win by. Miracles happen, USA vs Soviets 1980, Liverpool vs AC Milan in Istanbul, No one getting arrested in Charleston. This can still happen and I will be there when it does.

Bobo
06-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Honestly, our section should be 500 empty seats....

Carts....

That could work.

I'm on the fence right now too. I paid for tickets but have to pick them up at Saputo, if by some small chance someone wants to buy them off me (who am I kidding?), anyone know if I would be able to call and switch the name and card number?

maninb
06-03-2009, 07:05 AM
If Toronto wins 4-0 they go through....

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2009, 07:12 AM
My flight is booked and paid for. I'll be there and in full voice.

If all else fails i'll just close out Chez Paris!!

Well said. I'm going to support the crest and the tournament.

First words out of Rohans mouth while we were waiting to say good by after the game
DeRo didn't say shit, he just went straight on the bus..(He was pissed) still love him!
chad barrett " Sorry for our performance guys,we really are."..he looked like he was gonna cry!
We all chanted "Toronto Till I Die" as they left and you can see Dichio and Jimmy touching the window in respect! love those two

Gotta have faith!

Barrett needs to take a stress test. I love his passion but it's got to be affecting his game if he's crying to the heavens the instant he shoots (wide). A bit more composure is what he's going to need to get through this slump.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 07:13 AM
thats right
4-0 puts TFC through

i imagine MTL will play their B side as this game DOES mean nothing to them.
Should TFC counter with a potent offense (not holding breathe but possible) I dont think it would be out of the question to bag 4.

I'm as pissed as anyone about this massive west coast fuckup but I'll never give up on the TFC as many times as they hurt me. Players sure, I would straight up fistfight Chad Barrett this morning, but the club in general will always get my support.

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2009, 07:20 AM
^It's to be seen what this game means to Montreal. I would think they would revel to keep us scoreless or keep the score low. They would prefer Vanny to go through no doubt.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 07:24 AM
^It's to be seen what this game means to Montreal. I would think they would revel to keep us scoreless or keep the score low. They would prefer Vanny to go through no doubt.

sure they'd rather see the caps through, but from a managerial standpoint does it make sense to field what few stars they have in a meaningless game in order to do vancouver a favour?

Perhaps...

we find out in two weeks.

lintberg
06-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm still going, flight is booked and paid for!

zeelaw
06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
I still have to book the flight but I'm still going. It's TFC and I support them no matter how many goals we must win by. Miracles happen, USA vs Soviets 1980, Liverpool vs AC Milan in Istanbul, No one getting arrested in Charleston. This can still happen and I will be there when it does.

QFT... come on guys if we carry them on our backs they will score 4 or 5 lol

zeelaw
06-03-2009, 08:15 AM
thats right
4-0 puts TFC through

Should TFC counter with a potent offense (not holding breathe but possible) I dont think it would be out of the question to bag 4.

I'm as pissed as anyone about this massive west coast fuckup but I'll never give up on the TFC as many times as they hurt me. Players sure, I would straight up fistfight Chad Barrett this morning, but the club in general will always get my support.
No way Montreal will play a full squad. They don't want us to win.

Chevy
06-03-2009, 08:22 AM

Gotta have faith!

Rohan hates losing all the time? Well I hate slow-ass midfielders who couldn't beat a man if he had a baseball bat with him. Maybe there is a correlation here?

Regardless, good for you for getting out and supporting the boys.

zeelaw
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Rohan hates losing all the time? Well I hate slow-ass midfielders who couldn't beat a man if he had a baseball bat with him. Maybe there is a correlation here?

Regardless, good for you for getting out and supporting the boys.
Rohan is turning into the biggest joke in the club. I love his enthusiasm to be here, but I think he's just diong it to hide his... what is becoming.. obvious failings.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Rohan is turning into the biggest joke in the club. I love his enthusiasm to be here, but I think he's just diong it to hide his... what is becoming.. obvious failings.

give him a break lol, its not him, its his pirma boots!!! :canada:

billyfly
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Is it just me or is Carts trying to tell us all something and that is by the CSA's rules, we can't win this anymore.

The tie breaker is the points head to head.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Has anyone been on the MTL board to see what they are saying?

Cashcleaner
06-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Is it just me or is Carts trying to tell us all something and that is by the CSA's rules, we can't win this anymore.

The tie breaker is the points head to head.

We can still win. The rules are a bit different than he is thinking. It's been mentioned in another thread.

The more I think about it, the more I want to go to Montreal. Sure, I'm pissed off over last night's loss to Vancouver, but there is still a chance to win this tourney. Toronto may have a pretty slim chance of pulling out a win by 4 goals, but if we do pull that off, it would be our greatest victory.

peterboroughtfcfan
06-03-2009, 12:57 PM
thats right
4-0 puts TFC through

At least we are playing a team that has a history of giving up 4 goals......IN THE SECOND HALF.....AND TWO IN STOPPAGE.

If Liverpool can beat Man U 4-0, we can beat a bunch of USL schlebs 4-0. There's always a fools hope boys. Grab your kits, paint your banners, and get your war paint on.............we're going into the heart of the beast and we are the tip of the arrow.

BRING IT ON YOU CHEESE EATERS!!!

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
At least we are playing a team that has a history of giving up 4 goals......IN THE SECOND HALF.....AND TWO IN STOPPAGE.

If Liverpool can beat Man U 4-0, we can beat a bunch of USL schlebs 4-0. There's always a fools hope boys. Grab your kits, paint your banners, and get your war paint on.............we're going into the heart of the beast and we are the tip of the arrow.

BRING IT ON YOU CHEESE EATERS!!!

Liverpool did not beat ManU 4-0 and TFC ain't doing that either.

In addition, there is a slight difference between TFC on the road and Santos Laguna at home.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I think I'll go to bed soon and dream that I am the only one that goes to MTL and TFC win 5-0 and the team take pictures with the Cup and I'm in the picture and maybe (rewind) I actually play in the game and score the 5th goal and then......

Are you ricketts in disguise? :D

billyfly
06-03-2009, 01:31 PM
^Ha. I can actually dribble past a defender.

Jeff s
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
thats right
4-0 puts TFC through

Thats right man. Look im pissed off as well. But tfc will (well, they SHOULD) be attacking right from the start in that game. If we score an early goal, all of a sudden things look bright. Its a hard hard task, but if they work hard at it, they can do it. If we manage to pull it off, like Cash said this will be one hell of a famous victory for us.

wzhxvy
06-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I paid for my tickets but I am not going.

BFin
06-03-2009, 01:50 PM
See you in MTL!!!
We still have a chance, it's still my team...I will be there.

Super
06-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Might actually turn out to be a VERY interesting game. We have nothing to lose, so maybe we'll head in there with 4 strikers. We luck out and get an early goal, and maybe a second one before the half - and all of a sudden we might be in for a major shock result. I for one see no reason why we shouldn't play the game with all strikers - and just throw it all at them. We have nothing to lose.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Might actually turn out to be a VERY interesting game. We have nothing to lose, so maybe we'll head in there with 4 strikers. We luck out and get an early goal, and maybe a second one before the half - and all of a sudden we might be in for a major shock result. I for one see no reason why we shouldn't play the game with all strikers - and just throw it all at them. We have nothing to lose.

Surely you are talking about 4 new players and not the usual suspects.

Sab0tage
06-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Surely you are talking about 4 new players and not the usual suspects. Two weeks until the game, I doubt we'll have anyone new.

Super
06-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Surely you are talking about 4 new players and not the usual suspects.

Good point - our strikers couldn't score in a brothel. However, we have to try something different for the game. Play Guevara up front with DeRo - and maybe add Dichio in there with Vitti for support. I know this would leave us terribly open, but we need to push to see if we can get an early goal or two. It's our only chance - however slim it may seem.

Super
06-03-2009, 02:08 PM
And let's not forget that NO ONE believed Vancouver would be able to beat us 2-0 - and yet they did. So maybe we can follow up with a miracle of our own.

Just saying ...

billyfly
06-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I am still not sure If I am going b/c the plans keep changing (wife and kids) but I guess I can just go back to my dream from last night....

Originally Posted by billyfly http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=550049#post550049)

Rudi
06-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm going.

It's fucking Montreal. Hot women, cheap booze, awesome food, etc. It'll be a blast.

I'm going with the attitude that I'm going to have as much fun as I can in the City of Montreal, and if the TFC game happens to be amongst the fun, then so be it.

I'll be attending the game with zero nerves or expectations. Well no, I still expect TFC to beat that sad-sack Montreal Impact side, but apart from that I expect nothing more.

Walnut
06-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm still going, flight is booked and paid for!

Dude -- hit the strip clubs instead. Much better chance of scoring.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 02:30 PM
We start the match by chanting:

So mas cuatro!, So mas cuatro!, So mas cuatro!

vweyonlah
06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Has anyone been on the MTL board to see what they are saying?

as usual, laughing of TFC's lack of success...

TFC was known as "Those Fucking Clowns" on MTL board... now the name has been changed to "Twice Fail Crew"

now that the game means something i'll try to get my hands on a pair of tickets for the 18th... I really tought TFC would run away with the title this year :/

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I had 10 people going, but I think the consensus now is "fuck TFC" until they care at least as much as we do. We're all kinda bitter about the constant disappointment, and the Honduras fiasco last year makes another hopeless trip to Saputo (which is a stadium in which I love to watch footy) into an unenjoyable prospect.

I've got neutral relatives in Montreal to whom I'll offer my tickets.

Boudge
06-03-2009, 03:40 PM
MTL is an amazing city, I am still going for sure! No F1 this year, this is going to be my F1 weekend debauchery ;)

Crazier things have happened than a 4-0 game again the Impact, could have easily won the last game against MTL 4-0.... It could happen

Shit is hitting the fan right now and it's either we go on a tear or they shit the bed, next few games are critical for the rest of the season.

Gobi
06-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm going with the attitude that I'm going to have as much fun as I can in the City of Montreal, and if the TFC game happens to be amongst the fun, then so be it.

I'll be attending the game with zero nerves or expectations. Well no, I still expect TFC to beat that sad-sack Montreal Impact side, but apart from that I expect nothing more.

Ditto for me.

I'll sing when they play well, shut up when they suck.
I have a sneaking suspicion that chanting for 90 minutes regardless of play gives the boys a kind of false confidence. They need to know when they've let us down too.

rocker
06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
there's still a game to be played. Even if it was a friendly, TFC vs Montreal is still important (important to kick their asses).

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 04:14 PM
thats right
4-0 puts TFC through

Montreal plays Vancouver a couple of days after we play the Impact..maybe Montreal will want the league points more and rest some players, but then Vancouver will cry and whine if that happens..TFC need to go into Montreal and kick serious Impact ass and run a cricket score if possible..is it over..NO but lest see how TFC handle things like a quality effoert and result agains the Galaxy this weekend..GO you Redssssss

el rojo fanatico
06-03-2009, 04:22 PM
we love you, we love you, we love you and where you go we follow....I guess just words to some

Erkan16
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
open toilet lid... insert money... flush.

you just saved yourself an extra day in life. do something more constructive with your time.

zeelaw
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Tfc - Sea To Sea

Marco2K
06-03-2009, 09:12 PM
This is my first post since the nightmare last night.

I was thinking about going to montreal but come on. We suck. AGAIN. Even if we win what are the odds we will score 4. Have we ever even scored 4?

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
we love you, we love you, we love you and where you go we follow....I guess just words to some

i like this my friend, good point

el rojo fanatico
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
^ thanks man,
For better or worse these are our lads. Wether they deserve it of not, we will be singing our lungs out for the Reds

Cashcleaner
06-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Fuck it! I AM gonna go to Montreal. I AM gonna get liquored up. And I AM gonna have a good time. Toronto is still in this tourney, though I admit it's by a longshot.

Ladies. Gentlemen. Here's to longshots. :drinking:

ExiledRed
06-03-2009, 10:31 PM

Like 'in sickness and in health' 'til death do us part'?

most divorced people have said these words, and if the relationship was abusive, who can blame them for reneging on them?

Just a thought.

Don Julio
06-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Ok, I wasn't gonna go - really bad timing for me and I thought it would be meaningless - but it seems that most of our supporters are fairweather plastics, ready to abandon a team after a (terrible) loss. Now I'll probably go - should be myriad free tickets available based on the threads on here. PM me if anyone's looking to dump some.

If our Reds win 4-0 to clinch the cup you can fucking bet I want to be there.

GhostPK
06-04-2009, 04:54 AM
My heart was crushed after that second van goal.... But we still stayed and supported our reds till the end and then some. Before the van game everyone was saying we could witness TFC history... well, now I pass that off to you... YOU have a chance to witness TFC history, however this history has the chance to become more epic then you could ever imagine.

Regardless of the result, We are back in Vanny next year and the years after that. Lets get the result we need to shut these twats up.

Keystone FC
06-04-2009, 05:12 AM
as usual, laughing of TFC's lack of success...

TFC was known as "Those Fucking Clowns" on MTL board... now the name has been changed to "Twice Fail Crew"

Ohhhhhh, they just did not associate TFC with the Crew of CBus! That's it! I'm going to MTL with guns a blazing! It's not going to be a pretty site.
:D

Keystone FC
06-04-2009, 05:15 AM

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.:(

Keystone FC
06-04-2009, 05:17 AM
My heart was crushed after that second van goal.... But we still stayed and supported our reds till the end and then some. Before the van game everyone was saying we could witness TFC history... well, now I pass that off to you... YOU have a chance to witness TFC history, however this history has the chance to become more epic then you could ever imagine.

Regardless of the result, We are back in Vanny next year and the years after that. Lets get the result we need to shut these twats up.

I love each and evey one of you Bastards.;)

Scorpio
06-04-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm still heading to Montreal. Will be there for both the TFC game on the 18th and the Caps game on the 20th and may have some extra tickets now that some of my friends backed out. (I'm already a season ticket holder in Montreal as well).

billyfly
06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Looks like I've cooled down and the wife still wants to go to shop.

La belle Province here I come.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-04-2009, 10:17 AM

See you there :D

Nodoubtguy
06-04-2009, 10:19 AM
A few fuck ups does not mean I walk away from the team I love....See you @ Saputo!!!

Ageroo
06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I am there for sure......so I guess I will see you all there!

billyfly
06-04-2009, 10:25 AM
We shall all fight together and in unit formation!

http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/images/54mm%20Roman%20Testudo%20%282%29.jpg

uncle p
06-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Its not completely over yet, and some would argue this is when the boys on the feild need us the most....I'll still be there!!

KdotOdot
06-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I just want to beat MTL 1-0 will do. I'm going. I might just go for the day, take a shit on my seat at Saputto and drive home.

Ageroo
06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I would love us to defy odds and win 4-0...but I am like K-dot on this one. I just want to see the boys win!

billyfly
06-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Those Fucking Clowns are coming to your town!

Whoop
06-04-2009, 10:57 AM
I'll be there.

I hate Montreal, but I like the city.

Ultra & Proud
06-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't think I am now. Not interested in dropping $400 for a train ticket & hotel just to be pissed off.

Plus the players on Toronto didn't show up for their Nutralite matches (especially this past Tuesday) so why should I show up for this one?

Whoop
06-04-2009, 11:22 AM

See you there :D

Billy I think JJ just wants to see your wife in the flesh. LOL

billyfly
06-04-2009, 11:25 AM
I know what he meant. I'm ignoring him.;)

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I don't think I am now. Not interested in dropping $400 for a train ticket & hotel just to be pissed off.

Plus the players on Toronto didn't show up for their Nutralite matches (especially this past Tuesday) so why should I show up for this one?

You could talk with other people going and try to get a lift like so many others did. Or not. It's Vcup for me, O&P.

zeelaw
06-04-2009, 12:14 PM
It's pathetic that people aren't going anymore... There I said it... Can't wait until we score 4 goals and you guys read about it friday morning.

Boudge
06-04-2009, 12:16 PM
It's pathetic that people aren't going anymore... There I said it... Can't wait until we score 4 goals and you guys read about it friday morning.

AMEN!!! :scarf::flare::scarf::flare:

+ MTL is one of the greatest cities to party in in the WORLD, cannot wait to paint that city red once again.

:drum::drum::drum::drinking::drinking::drinking::d rinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::d rinking:

zeelaw
06-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Seriously you think people dont go to Man-U vs. Liverpool because they have nothing to play for. Man this game is just as big as the tourney.

Ratven
06-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Seriously you think people dont go to Man-U vs. Liverpool because they have nothing to play for. Man this game is just as big as the tourney.

Are you implying that the Toronto vs. Montreal matchup where we have to score twice as many goals against B-division teams in one game as we've scored in 3 games thus far to only save face and not get completely laughed out of the Canadian soccer scene is as important as a matchup between two of the largest, most storied teams with the biggest fanbases in the world?

My question to you is this, what will you do, after you've paid your $400, painted the town red, and are sitting there at the end of the match with Toronto quite possibly having even lost the game against Montreal? (Which isn't entirely unlikely given what we've seen)

zeelaw
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Are you implying that the Toronto vs. Montreal matchup where we have to score twice as many goals against B-division teams in one game as we've scored in 3 games thus far to only save face and not get completely laughed out of the Canadian soccer scene is as important as a matchup between two of the largest, most storied teams with the biggest fanbases in the world?

My question to you is this, what will you do, after you've paid your $400, painted the town red, and are sitting there at the end of the match with Toronto quite possibly having even lost the game against Montreal? (Which isn't entirely unlikely given what we've seen)

Yes! I want us to reach that level! You want to be laughed at, and known as fans who don't travel because they have little chance of winning? Holy shit, it's actually disturbing to read that you are afraid to go because you could be embarassed!

I'll party hard man. I study too hard in school and work too much outside of it, to not try and enjoy a trip up to a beautiful city and a football match with a scenario that could be something magical in the clubs history.

I don't support Toronto FC because I expect them to win. I love the supporters culture and I love my team.

Nodoubtguy
06-04-2009, 01:24 PM

You know what I will do then?? probably be mad, but be a supporter through thick and thin!!!!

Boudge
06-04-2009, 01:31 PM

Paid my 400 dollars??? for what??? A ticket to the game?? 15$

Ohhhhhhhhhh you were talking about my hotel??? Oh NO but wait I only paid 60 bucks a night for that?? Don't know where you are getting your figures from.

What I don't understand are all of these fair weather fans that bitch and complain and say they are not going to support the team anymore e.t.c.
I was really astonished how many fair weather fans we actually have, do youselves a favour and go support the yankees or the lakers or something if you don't like your teams losing. WANKAS!
Ya shit happens, nothing you can do about it. MOVE ON, look at the next game. Personally I would rather win the MLS cup.

Boudge
06-04-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't support Toronto FC because I expect them to win. I love the supporters culture and I love my team.

BOH!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:
:flare: :flare: :flare:

Rudi
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
WTF?

So nobody should ever go to games because there is a possibility of losing.

Wow.

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2009, 01:37 PM

[shakes head]

Ratven
06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
I agree completely with the notion of supporter pride, and pride in our club. But I also believe that that pride has to be earned. Simply HAVING a football club does not in and of itself equal pride, especially one that has treated us the way this one has. I have supported the team and the players without fail since day one up until the Vancouver game. Any misgivings I've had were completely put aside on game day, and I gave 100% to the team, even going so far as to lecture people on not getting on Barrett or other players during the game in the SS.

However, I've come to realize that my unwavering support, and that of the majority of supporters, has not done anything to inspire this team to perform, nor has it done anything to motivate the FO to make the changes necessary for the team to succeed. So with that in mind, there comes a point (which is different for everyone) where you have to assess the situation and see that if THEY are doing nothing to change, maybe it is us that have to change in some way.

That's all I'm saying. To me, this team is no longer deserving of my going out of town and spending money to see them. If you see fit to show your support, all the power to you, I didn't mean to judge your position, I was simply defending the position of the many who are deciding to not go.

Rudi
06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
If you see fit to show your support, all the power to you, I didn't mean to judge your position, I was simply defending the position of the many who are deciding to not go.
A very weak, fairweather, front-running position, IMO.

the Manchester United Fan Club is that way --------->

Ratven
06-04-2009, 01:41 PM
A very weak, fairweather, front-running position, IMO.

the Manchester United Fan Club is that way --------->

I'm sorry you see it that way.

Jeff s
06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
If we win 4-0, I really wanna see the faces of the people who backed out.:lol:

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
I agree completely with the notion of supporter pride, and pride in our club. But I also believe that that pride has to be earned. Simply HAVING a football club does not in and of itself equal pride, especially one that has treated us the way this one has. I have supported the team and the players without fail since day one up until the Vancouver game. Any misgivings I've had were completely put aside on game day, and I gave 100% to the team, even going so far as to lecture people on not getting on Barrett or other players during the game in the SS.

However, I've come to realize that my unwavering support, and that of the majority of supporters, has not done anything to inspire this team to perform, nor has it done anything to motivate the FO to make the changes necessary for the team to succeed. So with that in mind, there comes a point (which is different for everyone) where you have to assess the situation and see that if THEY are doing nothing to change, maybe it is us that have to change in some way.

That's all I'm saying. To me, this team is no longer deserving of my going out of town and spending money to see them. If you see fit to show your support, all the power to you, I didn't mean to judge your position, I was simply defending the position of the many who are deciding to not go.

Another protest from home. I protest in my pyjamas. Nobody hears you from there.

billyfly
06-04-2009, 01:44 PM
No need to bicker and argue my friends.

For those still going I hope we have a good time (perfect time with a 4-0 win?).

alexintoronto
06-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Celebration party at New Town!

Ratven
06-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Another protest from home. I protest in my pyjamas. Nobody hears you from there.

You were planning to protest in Montreal?

BuSaPuNk
06-04-2009, 02:05 PM
If we win 4-0, I really wanna see the faces of the people who backed out.:lol:

Yeah that would be great!!! I'm not happy at the situation either but i'm still going. Win, Lose or Draw I will follow will you?? :scarf:

Carter
06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Where ever you Go we follow

zeelaw
06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
TFC Sea to Sea!

Roogsy
06-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Personally I would rather win the MLS cup.

And you think a team that can't beat a USL side will win the MLS Cup?

You people just don't get it.

You keep claiming this is about losing ONE game.

We've lost DOZENS of games in the past 2 and a half years, and it's never created this reaction. Why now? Do you guys even bother asking that question before assuming it's ONE GAME?

I get the feeling you guys simply make the argument that makes you feel more comfortable. You are scared to look in the mirror and realize you have become exactly what you feared most...the ever patient, always loyal, financially supportive fan of a team that will gladly take your money and give you a mediocre product.

I on the other hand, while always loyal, also realize that my money also gives me a right to speak up. It amazes me that people feel that despite giving this team thousands of dollars, I am still required to sit down and clap politely at whatever the team feels fit to give me.

And even more amazing is that people are questioning my loyalty to the team. Do you know what's not loyal? Not caring. Sitting on my ass and doing nothing.

I know people who have already decided they won't renew. It may not be much, but I doubt the season ticket waiting list will grow this year and some on the list may actually get their tickets, especially in the prawn sections. That's the price this team is paying. What should have been a positive season has turned into another debacle. And we will just sit here, shell out our hundreds of dollars and say "thank you for letting us take it up the rear, it was a priviledge." and then mock those of us that don't just shell out money and not demand a proper product.

One loss? Give me a break.

Sab0tage
06-04-2009, 02:43 PM
The one team we actually have a decent, non-fabricated rivalry with and people are backing out because we might lose or might not win the cup? We play Montreal twice a year, give me a break. On top of that, Montreal is a very nice city.

Fairweather fans.

Bobo
06-04-2009, 02:45 PM
After the Vancouver game, I told myself I was going to cut my losses at my game ticket. I back protests 110% but I think we're failing as supporters if we choose to bail out now while there still is this little chance.

And should TFC somehow, in some way not known to me, pull through, it would be the most epic experience of my life. I think that alone is worth the trip. What happens the following nights wouldn't be so bad either. :D

lintberg
06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Win 4-0!!

Yeah that would be great!!! I'm not happy at the situation either but i'm still going. Win, Lose or Draw I will follow will you?? :scarf:

I agree 100%
We'll be there loud and proud!!
Tic Tac Tabernak!!!

shawn6597
06-04-2009, 02:54 PM
After the Vancouver game, I told myself I was going to cut my losses at my game ticket. I back protests 110% but I think we're failing as supporters if we choose to bail out now while there still is this little chance.

And should TFC somehow, in some way not known to me, pull through, it would be the most epic experience of my life. I think that alone is worth the trip. What happens the following nights wouldn't be so bad either. :D

if TFC pull off a miracle win, Montreal will rue the day I stepped foot on their island.

Jeff s
06-04-2009, 02:56 PM
And you think a team that can't beat a USL side will win the MLS Cup?

You people just don't get it.

You keep claiming this is about losing ONE game.

We've lost DOZENS of games in the past 2 and a half years, and it's never created this reaction. Why now? Do you guys even bother asking that question before assuming it's ONE GAME?

I get the feeling you guys simply make the argument that makes you feel more comfortable. You are scared to look in the mirror and realize you have become exactly what you feared most...the ever patient, always loyal, financially supportive fan of a team that will gladly take your money and give you a mediocre product.

I on the other hand, while always loyal, also realize that my money also gives me a right to speak up. It amazes me that people feel that despite giving this team thousands of dollars, I am still required to sit down and clap politely at whatever the team feels fit to give me.

And even more amazing is that people are questioning my loyalty to the team. Do you know what's not loyal? Not caring. Sitting on my ass and doing nothing.

I know people who have already decided they won't renew. It may not be much, but I doubt the season ticket waiting list will grow this year and some on the list may actually get their tickets, especially in the prawn sections. That's the price this team is paying. What should have been a positive season has turned into another debacle. And we will just sit here, shell out our hundreds of dollars and say "thank you for letting us take it up the rear, it was a priviledge." and then mock those of us that don't just shell out money and not demand a proper product.

One loss? Give me a break.

Buddy, im upset to. But why protest now?

We're still in a position to get into the mls cup, and we are still technically in the canada cup. So tell me wtf are we protesting for?
When we are out of these tournaments, THAN imo its when we showing the club our displeasure. Doesnt make sense to do it when we're still in these competitions.

daner90
06-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I will definitley be there. Getting married in august....gotta do these trips while I am still free haha

Roogsy
06-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Buddy, im upset to. But why protest now?

We're still in a position to get into the mls cup, and we are still technically in the canada cup. So tell me wtf are we protesting for?
When we are out of these tournaments, THAN imo its when we showing the club our displeasure. Doesnt make sense to do it when we're still in these competitions.

If not...when? When the season is over and we're out of the V-Cup and no playoffs? When the lights are out in the offices at the stadium?

The goal here is to encourage change NOW so that we don't face that possibility.

BuSaPuNk
06-04-2009, 03:08 PM
if TFC pull off a miracle win, Montreal will rue the day I stepped foot on their island.

I think the bars would be more effected than the whole city!! :drinking::scarf::drinking::drinking::drinking::fl are::drum::scarf:

Jeff s
06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
If not...when? When the season is over and we're out of the V-Cup and no playoffs? When the lights are out in the offices at the stadium?

The goal here is to encourage change NOW so that we don't face that possibility.
But it would look stupid to protest against something that might not even happen in the first place. Thats the part I dont get.

To me it will only make sense to do it, if we lose in Montreal AND we are out, or very nearly out of the play off spot in the next couple of weeks. THAN imo its the right time to do it. In the mean time, just wait. Wait and see what happens in Montreal and wait to see if the team does drop more points.

To protest you have to be sure of whats gonna happen. Not of what COULD happen. Might as well protest in the very first game of the season for the possibility of us not going to the playoffs:rolleyes:

Rudi
06-04-2009, 03:18 PM
After Saturday, TFC may be alone in second place in the East.

yellowfellow
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I am still going to MTL. They can't say anything to us, they have 0 points.

zeelaw
06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
This thread isn't about protesting though. It's about fans who aren't interested in Montreal because we might not win the cup.

werewolf
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM

or 6th after Sunday, with teams ahead of having games in-hand.

Jeff s
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Exactly! Thanks you!

Apparently this isn't good enough for some, dont know why.

Heck we might not win the mls cup, but if chicago do keep getting draws and not wins, who knows we could at least challenge for the eastern division title?

Boudge
06-04-2009, 03:26 PM

I am fully questioning your loyalty, we are a 3 year old team in this league, you cannot seriously expect success on every front in under 3 years. Not even really 3 years to be honest with you. Year one does not even count. Because no body in the FO took the team seriously.

If one of your family members was getting charged with a crime because he was dumb one night and didn't think of the consequences. You wouldn't tell him fuck you deal wiht it on your own. NO you would help them and support them through thick and thin

You support people/thing/clubs/anything that you care about to the death. IF you don't and you only support when it is shiny and the weather is nice. Than my friend you are in every sense of the word a FAIRWEATHER FAN.

Toronto TILL I DIE; TORONTO TILL I DIE; I KNOW I AM AM SURE I AM TORONTO TILL I DIE

:scarf:

billyfly
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Gentlemen this was not my intention with this thread. I just wanted to know who was still going with some reasons tossed in here and there. This should not be about questioning each others motivations, dedication or how we feel about TFC's history of (piss-poor) performances in big games.

Boudge
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
I am still going Billy Fly, I love MTL, one of the best cities to party in the world!!!!!!!!!!!

devioustrevor
06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm still going. My game ticket is paid for, my train ticket is paid for, my hotel room is booked (Check-in Thursday, Check-out Sunday) and there is no way I'm paying a cancellation fee. Most importantly, this will be my first-ever TFC game in person.

SmokedPanda
06-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Celebration party at New Town!

we will go bar hopping all along crescent after the 4-0 victory!

zeelaw
06-05-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm with ya panda man

Dirk Diggler
06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Not trying to start anything here but a lot of people in this thread questioning others loyalty keep on mentioning the fact that going to Montreal makes sense because its a great party town. If that is the reason why you are going there than it isn't exactly being loyal to the team.

zeelaw
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Not trying to start anything here but a lot of people in this thread questioning others loyalty keep on mentioning the fact that going to Montreal makes sense because its a great party town. If that is the reason why you are going there than it isn't exactly being loyal to the team.
Interesting. I think the difference is that people are going to Montreal for the TFC game. They aren't going to Montreal and then thinking, "Oh TFC is there... I'll do that too"

BuSaPuNk
06-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Interesting. I think the difference is that people are going to Montreal for the TFC game. They aren't going to Montreal and then thinking, "Oh TFC is there... I'll do that too"

Completely agree, were going first and forthmost for the TFC game.:scarf:

It's just a added bonus that they moved the date to a thursday allowing us to to stay for the weekend and party it up as well. :flare:

SmokedPanda
06-05-2009, 03:12 PM
i'm still gonna go, i think i got used to MLSE teams letting me down.... i live in montreal so every time the Leafs played here i went but not last year becuase i knew damn well they had no chance of doing anything productive..... TFC on the other hand still have a chance, a small chance of winning this cup..... if the reds win then it will be bragging rights for the next decade but if they lose then we can start hating on mlse, the team, coaches, trainers, etc............ KEEP THE FAITH GUYS AND GALS!

Musse
06-05-2009, 04:16 PM
voicing concerns? yes
not supporting your team while there is still one game in the tourney? UNACCEPTABLE

TFC 4 - MTL 0

FluSH
06-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Funny enough... I wasn't planning on going to Montreal from the very begining... but I might just go now...

FluSH
06-05-2009, 04:55 PM
This thread isn't about protesting though. It's about fans who aren't interested in Montreal because we might not win the cup.

I think some are also thinking about the altercations... let's face it... IF we don't win 4 nil against MTL...

That place is going to turn UGLY real fast if the MTL supporters pull off the shenanigans they did last year...

Pinkie
06-05-2009, 04:57 PM

forget about crescent...st laurent is where its at!

or st denis-the saint sulpice has the sickest patio ever

but to contribute-for damn sure i'm going to montreal-i just need to book a cheap hotel room...

Torcida
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm looking for a ticket to the game, so to whoever has a ticket and is not going please PM me.

SmokedPanda
06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
forget about crescent...st laurent is where its at!

or st denis-the saint sulpice has the sickest patio ever

but to contribute-for damn sure i'm going to montreal-i just need to book a cheap hotel room...

my sushi bar is right next to Saint Sulpice on St-Denis...... am i allowed to offer a promo to rpb memebers that wanna come eat? moderators?

zeelaw
06-05-2009, 05:28 PM
I think some are also thinking about the altercations... let's face it... IF we don't win 4 nil against MTL...

That place is going to turn UGLY real fast if the MTL supporters pull off the shenanigans they did last year...
yea definitely... and i'm sure we if put 4 past them we'll be going absolutely bonkers

SmokedPanda
06-05-2009, 05:34 PM
if we put 4 goals in we will turn crescent st or st-laurant blvd into the red mile

if we beat them and still lose the cup we can still be proud of being undefeated against mtl

if we lose against mtl we can flip out on tfc fo and go eat poutine and smoked meat to ease the pain

TFCRegina
06-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Will go.

Marco2K
06-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Last year was fun. But last year was different.

It was the first game of the series.

Things will get ugly again this year.

I was going to go. I was going to skip work and go. But after watching the team play on tuesday FUCK THAT. they dont care about me so why should i bother going.

JamboAl
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
How many fairweather fans are there in this forum?

If you can't go because of work, family, financial committments, that's fine.

If you won't go because you're afraid they'll lose or not try (which is absurd), then you're not fit to be a supporter.

Yohan
06-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I will be there.

I will be behind the lads at Saputo.

If there is one time you should stand up for the lads, this is it

AL-MO
06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
If anyone is looking for a ride, I have one spot in my van (same day) available.

FluSH
06-05-2009, 08:36 PM
If anyone is looking for a ride, I have one spot in my van (same day) available.

RESERVED...

I wasn't planning on going before... but I think I will now... if miracolously this team scores 4 goals... I want to be present for the greatest game in TFC HISTORY

Nerepis
06-05-2009, 09:10 PM
RESERVED...

I wasn't planning on going before... but I think I will now... if miracolously this team scores 4 goals... I want to be present for the greatest game in TFC HISTORY

This is the most positive thing I've read all week, Good on you Flush. Hopefully history will be made.

g3S_k1dRbXY

billyfly
06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Ah..it just doesn't matter. Memories...

Don Julio
06-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Now I'll probably go - should be myriad free tickets available based on the threads on here. PM me if anyone's looking to dump some.

If our Reds win 4-0 to clinch the cup you can fucking bet I want to be there.

Shockingly I've had no PMs from anybody offering me their tickets in the last three days. Just a bunch of blowhards I guess.

Pinkie
06-06-2009, 08:40 AM
my sushi bar is right next to Saint Sulpice on St-Denis...... am i allowed to offer a promo to rpb memebers that wanna come eat? moderators?

forget about what the mods have to say...offer me a deal :D

Yohan
06-06-2009, 08:51 AM
forget about what the mods have to say...offer me a deal :D
heh. i'm always in for sushi.

it's an addiction!

TFC07
06-06-2009, 10:55 AM
I want to go, but I got work and summer classes. :(

pekduck
06-06-2009, 11:22 AM

sushi? perfect... tell me you guys are not one of those fancy ones that flies in daily fresh ingredients from japan.... else my wallet can't handle it :p

Cashcleaner
06-06-2009, 11:49 AM

Sounds fine by me!

werewolf
06-06-2009, 11:53 AM

fine by me. But we will need to enforce the moderator fee of free all-you-can-eat....fair is fair :D

SmokedPanda
06-06-2009, 01:39 PM
i might as well close up shop for the day then hahaha

billyfly
06-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Picked up my tkts from Connie (Nature Girl) today at teh Tailgate.

Montreal "Je Viens, Je viens".....

zeelaw
06-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm still going haha

Boudge
06-07-2009, 12:52 PM

They will, have hope

2 by Dero
1 by Brennan
and 1 by Robinson

It can happen!!!

I believe

:scarf:

Marco2K
06-07-2009, 01:37 PM
toke toke pass pass

werewolf
06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
bump.

Torcida
06-19-2009, 06:43 PM
LOL, I actually decided to go to the game after we lost to VAN. I'm glad I went..

Lennon
06-19-2009, 06:51 PM
RESERVED...

Damn ... I was going to grab that seat :(

billyfly
06-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks to everyone that decided to still go. We were all HIGHLY rewarded.

alexintoronto
06-20-2009, 04:26 PM
I forgot to go to Newtown.