06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Are you calling out Paul for this?

because I don't see how you can.

billyfly
06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Damn straight it did.

wzhxvy
06-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Paul is busy getting advise/coaching from DC united about how to sign the deal with Real Madrid...he is busy...please leave him alone. Oh and he is trying to figure what piece of shit team he is going to bring for the first friendly...he might not have anything to do with tonight but he is part of the leadership team. And I am sorry to say, they have all failed.

olegunnar
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Are you calling out Paul for this?

because I don't see how you can.

The subtlty adds to the barb....but okay just for you...

They fuck around with the game against Real Madrid, you know the important stuff $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Meanwhile Rome is burning.

Supporters get upset (why isn't it included? why move a game since it'll hurt our chances, why expose our team to more games than necessary and run the risk of injuries...exhibit A O'Brien, R) the response we get is a twitter post from the director of business operations....

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Carts
06-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Even Sportsnet got the tiebreaker wrong for this! Unless MLSE found a way to fudge the tourny for TV ratings - like the way they found a way to fudge our "friendly" tickets to me the "other friendly"...

FUCKSAKES! I'm sorry I'm bitter but this is bullshit...

Carts...

mclaren
06-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Paul's tweet today: "Today's dilemma: do we pre order champagne for delivery to the TFC locker room? What's the protocol in a match like this? Discuss."

Daveisonfire
06-03-2009, 12:09 AM
The subtlty adds to the barb....but okay just for you...

They fuck around with the game against Real Madrid, you know the important stuff $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Meanwhile Rome is burning.

Supporters get upset (why isn't it included? why move a game since it'll hurt our chances, why expose our team to more games than necessary and run the risk of injuries...exhibit A O'Brien, R) the response we get is a twitter post from the director of business operations....

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

I understand the reference.

I thought you might be blaming Paul for the loss tonight, which would be ridiculous.

Sally Mack
06-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Paul's tweet today: "Today's dilemma: do we pre order champagne for delivery to the TFC locker room? What's the protocol in a match like this? Discuss."
they just sent the champagne we paid for to vancouver's dressing room

Naturegirl
06-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Paul, can you fire Mo......please

MFG1
06-03-2009, 04:58 AM
here comes the summer of 08 again, and 07 to boot. three times a charm. Sickening.

SoccMan
06-03-2009, 05:47 AM
Hey everything is going like usual based on the last two years, it's about this time of year where we go on a crazy losing streak where we set records for longest period without scoring a goal. We are already into setting the next goaless streak having already gone two games without a goal. Here we go again boys!

Kickit09
06-03-2009, 06:00 AM
The sky is not falling in MLSE offices. More like champagne is flowing to celebrate the lucrative Real Madrid deal. Things could not be better at MLSE.

ensco
06-03-2009, 06:52 AM
This thread should be about Anselmi, not Paul. He's Mo's boss.

What's been on Anselmi's mind the last few weeks?

Goosing the numbers, that's what.

Rochdale
06-03-2009, 08:11 AM
MLSE could not give a shit about the Champions League. Can anyone confirm if it's the clubs that have to pay for airfares/accomodation for champion league games? if so, that would cost MLSE $$$$$$$$$$$ and they do not want to do that.

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 08:34 AM
MLSE could not give a shit about the Champions League. Can anyone confirm if it's the clubs that have to pay for airfares/accomodation for champion league games? if so, that would cost MLSE $$$$$$$$$$$ and they do not want to do that.

yeah but consider the revenue from 3 or 4 more home games plus a potential game at skydome

they have a lot to lose in not winning this cup

jabbronies
06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
agreed. Playing more games = more money for sure.
This isn't an MLSE thing people...it's the on the field product

yeah but consider the revenue from 3 or 4 more home games plus a potential game at skydome

they have a lot to lose in not winning this cup

Maple Leaf Red
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
agreed. Playing more games = more money for sure.
This isn't an MLSE thing people...it's the on the field product
That's exactly right.

Fuck. Some people on this board are so stupid it hurts.

More Wins = More Money

It's as simple as that. If you want to know how to maximise revenue then that's how it's done. It's not rocket science.

jabbronies
06-03-2009, 08:42 AM
The TV rights alone for the CONCACAF Games would've brought in a ton of $$$.

menefreghista
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM

CONCACAF pays for the teams travel expenses.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
That's exactly right.

Fuck. Some people on this board are so stupid it hurts.

More Wins = More Money

It's as simple as that. If you want to know how to maximise revenue then that's how it's done. It's not rocket science.

Are you kidding? If that was the case then you blame every MLSE failure (Raptors, Leafs, TFC) on all the players that have once played for those teams? for fuck sakes this organization is not willing to spend the money and TAKE RISKS in order to bring in more money. So let me put it to you the way it REALLY is.

MORE WINS = MORE INVESTMENT FROM MLSE
MLSE = NOT WILLING TO MAKE THAT INVESTMENT AND TAKE THAT RISK

rocker
06-03-2009, 09:12 AM
MLSE = NOT WILLING TO MAKE THAT INVESTMENT AND TAKE THAT RISK

all three teams have capped salary bills. MLS has the DP thing, so I can see that as perhaps an "investment" not done. But otherwise, there's no extra investment that needs to be made. It's about using money you have wisely.

Pachuco
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
all three teams have capped salary bills. MLS has the DP thing, so I can see that as perhaps an "investment" not done. But otherwise, there's no extra investment that needs to be made. It's about using money you have wisely.

Completely disagree. There are a lot of ways to spend money in a capped league in order to improve the quality of the team. We've had nothing but fuckheads who don't know how to manage for the past 10 years on all of MLSE's teams. They've finally signed Burke and Wilson over at leaf land after how long of mediocre crap? They signed Colangelo over at the Raptors but after how long of mediocre crap? now we sign two coaches in a row who had never been Head Coaches on TFC. No grass, No DP, No roof, a stadium that looks like it's built out of legos. I can keep going forever.

WHEN THE FUCK WILL WE GET PROVEN MANAGEMENT AROUND HERE? The yelling is not towards you Rocker :)

Jack
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Not necessarily.

There is no salary cap on scouting and coaching. There is no salary cap on competent management.

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Even Sportsnet got the tiebreaker wrong for this! Unless MLSE found a way to fudge the tourny for TV ratings - like the way they found a way to fudge our "friendly" tickets to me the "other friendly"...

FUCKSAKES! I'm sorry I'm bitter but this is bullshit...

Carts...

lol, you were damn adament about this at the bar last nite werent you

Carts
06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
lol, you were damn adament about this at the bar last nite werent you

Yup! LOL

I have the press release from the CSA from Monday - now today they have put out another that is UPDATED (aka the tiebreaker is changed)...

Also of note, there's a couple of people in the media that aren't too happy (one is in TV - guess what network LOL) because the CSA's "mistake" (aka the change made this morning) made them look foolish last night...

Its a mess...

Carts...

shawn6597
06-03-2009, 10:00 AM
eh carts
since youre pretty much the ratings guy, how'd RSN do last night?

Carts
06-03-2009, 10:06 AM
eh carts
since youre pretty much the ratings guy, how'd RSN do last night?

They'll be out later today (usually get them while watching Seinfeld at 3 lol)...

I will post them in the news section for ya...

Carts...