PDA

View Full Version : Whos Responsible For The Loss In Vancouver?

[NBF]
06-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I missed the first 66 minutes of the game because I was busy........ let's just say I was doing homework.

Who the heck managed to fuck this up, plain and simple?

My Few Observations:

1. I say Brennan is the worst Captain! He should be stripped of the position.

2. Cummings, what a mess of a coach, his substitutions were horrendous.

3. Sutton, the first goal highlites indicate that he knocked the ball forward rather than blocking it past the net. The rebound was the goal. That's just bad goalkeeping.

4. Harmse, Just has no sense of change of direction and lacks control on almost every pass. It's like he passes whenever he feels he's about to get crowded.

5. Attakora, From the little I saw he was man handled, more than a few times, but I liked the fact that on occassion he ran forward with the ball and advanced the attack. Good for him but really out played on more than a few plays.

6. Serioux, was the best player. period.

7. De Rosario, was pretty and took some chances.

8. Robinson was pretty average, but really didnt really make any mistakes from what i saw.

9. Cronin, he was invisible, I dont think he got the ball no more than once every 5 mins.

10. Dichio, what a statute, he's like the Drew Bledsoe of MLS.

11. Vitti, I thought he played pretty damn good but he lacks shooting power. I think we got 4 good attacking midfielders; DeRosario, Guevara, Vitti, and Ricketts.

Ratven
06-02-2009, 11:44 PM
;549522']I missed the first 66 minutes of the game because I was busy........ let's just say I was doing homework.

Who the heck managed to fuck this up, plain and simple?

My Few Observations:

3. Sutton, the first goal highlites indicate that he knocked the ball forward rather than blocking it past the net. The rebound was the goal. That's just bad goalkeeping.

4. Harmse, Just has no sense of change of direction and lacks control on almost every pass. It's like he passes whenever he feels he's about to get crowded.

5. Attakora, From the little I saw he was man handled, more than a few times, but I liked the fact that on occassion he ran forward with the ball and advanced the attack. Good for him but really out played on more than a few plays.

6. Serioux, was the best player. period.

7. De Rosario, was pretty and took some chances.

8. Robinson was pretty average, but really didnt really make any mistakes from what i saw.

9. Cronin, he was invisible, I dont think he got the ball no more than once every 5 mins.

11. Vitti, I thought he played pretty damn good but he lacks shooting power. I think we got 4 good attacking midfielders; DeRosario, Guevara, Vitti, and Ricketts.

How about Chad "Head it right at the goalie" Barrett?

Laurignano
06-02-2009, 11:47 PM
We got out classed tactically by Vancouver. Toronto FC does not use DeRo properly at all, same with Vitti. I do not see the point of playing a 3 striker system anymore we obviously need more people in the mid field to go chase down all the balls we give away. If Vitti put in one of his chances, and if Barrett scored that close header instead of heading it to the goalie it could have been a different game.

ExiledRed
06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
How about MLSE?

Ratven
06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
We got out classed tactically by Vancouver. Toronto FC does not use DeRo properly at all, same with Vitti. I do not see the point of playing a 3 striker system anymore we obviously need more people in the mid field to go chase down all the balls we give away. If Vitti put in one of his chances, and if Barrett scored that close header instead of heading it to the goalie it could have been a different game.

I'm incredibly tired of these "if this" or "if that" scenarios... "it" never works for us. Hitting the post, or hitting it right at the goalie, is consistently the best we can do when provided with a scoring chance... otherwise Barrett or Vitti will put it right over the net or way wide. It doesn't get better, and waiting for it to seems foolish.

GeorgeB
06-02-2009, 11:52 PM
all of them.Mo has to take the fall though.

billyfly
06-02-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.joshuadysart.com/journal/archives/UnknownComicCenterfold.jpg

TFC07
06-03-2009, 12:08 AM
All above!

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-03-2009, 12:36 AM
I would say Cummins, tactically TFC was very poor. I think Attakora actually had decent game and saved a few goals from being scored against us.
Vitti? I guess he played well, created some chances. There’s no evidence that the goals are going to come for him, he has no history of scoring. He’s Argentina’s headband wearing answer to Chad Barrett.

bgnewf
06-03-2009, 12:36 AM
FUCK ME

I forgot.....

we have nothing to worry about

Kevin Harmse earned his second yellow card of the tournament in the 63rd minute and will be suspended for the game against Montreal.

poppamidnight
06-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Well I went with the "more correct" answer...

When you break it down, We just don't have a proper roster... and that boils down to Mo...

With that said most of the team is MLS calibre, and their just not playing like they are,
And i dont mean "togetherness" of playing, but rather in what each and every one of them did on and off the ball, they looked like a USL-2 division team today,

....and for this year they don't even look legitamite MLS playoff quality,
The standings don't tell the whole story,

Our points HAVE NOT looked all that convincing, and I'm frankly under the assumption we've got a horseshoe up our ass being where we are (we're really looking like we should be at the bottom)

We HAVE YET to have a DOMINATING game where EVERYONE - ALL 11 + Subs - Is clicking in every aspect of the game,

...and we've never really been able to consistently beat/handle the better-tier of MLS teams. We only sneak out points vs. them when their own rosters are in disarray (or have a player returning from injury)

icecoldbeer
06-03-2009, 12:42 AM
VITTI...

Get a haircut! You play with your hair more than the f#$)@$* game itself! I'll give you the money for it, I'll even splurge on a salon and not supercuts!

Lennon
06-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Can't see how anyone can blame Cummings .. he only has so many players to choose from .. and they're all shit! It's Mo's fault for not getting a proven striker after our first season ...

Ossington Mental Youth
06-03-2009, 01:58 AM
I really dont know but alot of the below makes sense to me

Well I went with the "more correct" answer...

When you break it down, We just don't have a proper roster... and that boils down to Mo...

With that said most of the team is MLS calibre, and their just not playing like they are,
And i dont mean "togetherness" of playing, but rather in what each and every one of them did on and off the ball, they looked like a USL-2 division team today,

....and for this year they don't even look legitamite MLS playoff quality,
The standings don't tell the whole story,

Our points HAVE NOT looked all that convincing, and I'm frankly under the assumption we've got a horseshoe up our ass being where we are (we're really looking like we should be at the bottom)

We HAVE YET to have a DOMINATING game where EVERYONE - ALL 11 + Subs - Is clicking in every aspect of the game,

...and we've never really been able to consistently beat/handle the better-tier of MLS teams. We only sneak out points vs. them when their own rosters are in disarray (or have a player returning from injury)

Super
06-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Lack of DP striker = doom for TFC.

We've known it forever. Mo failed to act. Hence he's to blame. A DP striker would've converted on at least ONE of the 16+ shots at goal we had tonight.

King Tut
06-03-2009, 02:56 AM
all of them.Mo has to take the fall though.

What he said!

Mo needs to take some responsibility and lay off the cocaine.

Keystone FC
06-03-2009, 04:22 AM
My question is why was Sutton in goal. Where was Frei?
We can discuss all we want but the reality of it is we MUST beat the Impact and score 4 goals. That is the task set before us and we must deliver...in short the show must go on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU&feature=related

King Tut
06-03-2009, 04:39 AM

An infected toe. Whatever that means.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090603&content_id=5117160&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Cashcleaner
06-03-2009, 04:44 AM
^ Shame really. He could have made all the difference for us. I'm adamant that we could have at least written-off one goal if he was between the pipes.

fiji_blue
06-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Lack of DP striker = doom for TFC??? Did vancouver have a dp striker? We need players that want to win palying in every position..

Kickit09
06-03-2009, 05:54 AM
where is the 'All of the above' option.... but in the end, Mo "5-year-plan" Johnston did put together that team.

denime
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I did not know that Mo was playing last night.I watched the game and I saw many other layers except Mo.
Last time I checked players are on the pitch playing and therefore you have to blame them.When you miss sitters like Barret and Vitti ,you don't blame the coach or FO.
There is a difference between players responsibilities and coaching stuff responsibilities during the game, don't blame Mo and Cummins for players missed opportunities.

WHITEY
06-03-2009, 07:01 AM
The team played like pure 100% Grade A horseshit!

Without Guevara in the line up they seemed lost; couldn't get anything going through the mid. I hope all you Guevara "haters" took notice of that. Barrett and Ricketts both need to get the fuck out of town; we'll get more use out of pylons and water bottles than those two place mats!

Alarius
06-03-2009, 07:13 AM
I need just two words to describe this team "Consistent Underachievers"

Fort York Redcoat
06-03-2009, 07:14 AM
^^Ball distribution was poor and some midfield decisions by Vitti made me groan. Great shots, though.

MrHawk
06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
The only thing consistent about TFC is their ability to be inconsistent.

106-12
06-03-2009, 07:19 AM
1 The coach we went fron needing atie to have to win by 4 goals which we are not going to do . If we had agood couch we would never be in this bull shit position after winning the first 2 games.No way in hill when you need atie and playing away from home against ateam that has to win you do not play 4 3 3 and you do not sit veles aregular defender and start harmse .It does not matter how good or bad vales is which i think he was ok the past view games this is acup game you don,t trynew ideas you play for the cup.

ua-kozak_TFC
06-03-2009, 07:41 AM
We lost it because of our EGO... we took the win for granted (both the fans, players and management) and that's why we lost and that's why the HUGE disapointment... I don;t think even barcelona was as confident as we were going to this game, i think same happened last year against montreal in BMO we took the win for granted.. People were talking about the celebration should champain be delivered to playeres locker room after the game, etc ,etc forgetting there is still a game to play... in soccer who's "better" sometimes doesn;t really mater, it's who wants it more that takes the cup... and we just didn;t want the win as much as vancouver did last night. Plain and simple we lost cause of our mind...

dow117
06-03-2009, 07:47 AM
TFC have had 2 bad games in a row . In both of them, they have been totally disorganized with players in unfamiliar positions. Harmse at RB ?? ..c'mon. DeRo is not used properly. While there is a decided lack of quality on the pitch, this is all down to coaching.

Stouffville_RPB
06-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Everyone.

Sutton played like crap.

The defense in one on one situations played rather well but as a group seemed to be all over the place. No one seemed to know how to take a look around and pick up a trailer (on both goals).

Why on earth TFC started playing long ball again is beyond me. I've noticed it creep back into the last few games more and more. You can't lob a ball in for Vitti when Charles the tree is covering him. Our best game of the year was againist Chivas when TFC made a real effort to keep the ball on the pitch.

No one on the team seemed to be on the same page. I can't even count how many times where a guy ran and a short pass came in 6 ft behind him. Or when someone was standing and a mid range pass was 6 feet a head of him. How many passes were straight to a Whitecap player? Drop passes our players weren't expecting.

It's pitiful that we can't play a simple game.

zeelaw
06-03-2009, 08:27 AM
;549522']

:D:D:D:D:D hhaa i just burst out laughing at work

TFC~Vatreni
06-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I picked Sutton solely for the fact that he is NOT A QUALITY KEEPER! Newsflash Suckon, a GOOD keeper not only blocks the shot but blocks it up or out of play! NOT across the goal line! ya ya ya a lot of people can be to blame, but if that first goal never goes in who knows what happens.

and ps. fuck Craig Forrest

ecospice
06-03-2009, 08:54 AM

THESE ARE ALL TRUE. TIME TO STRIP BRENNAN OF THE CAPTAINCY.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 09:20 AM
you know who it was....

Evil bert!

T-Bird
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
We lost last night because we played like absolute shite! Everyone is to blame!

I personally blame Parkdale!

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I personally blame Parkdale!

then it's on!

I'm going to pee in your BBQ next weekend!!!!

(after I have my burger, of course)

T-Bird
06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
^^haha anyone want a hot dog?

MartinUtd
06-03-2009, 11:32 AM
We can discuss all we want but the reality of it is we MUST beat the Impact and score 4 goals. That is the task set before us and we must deliver...in short the show must go on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU&feature=related

Frei is injured. He was dressed with a tensor bandage and was limping around before the game.

As for the comment about the subs that Cummins used, I have to say I agreed with them. Who else was he going to put on? The only attacking players we had were the ones he used. Ricketts scored against Vancouver last year and as for Smith.. I know he's been something of a disaster this year but his speed was a good call to go against rather slow looking Whitecaps side.

EAsoccer
06-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Reasons for loss:
1. Schedule: TFC flying immediately after thumping in Houston 3 days later in Vancouver
2. MLSE/Mo Johnston/John Carver - TFC dont have a proper roster, 20 roster spots, and no replacement for our best player Guevara(who we knew was going to be missing for International callups)
3. Lack of depth on TFC!!!!!!!! All of the good MLS teams have 2 players for every position, and a few versataille guys that can play multiple positions in case of emergency. Only 3 guys missing and TFC crumbles. We need a backup for Guevara immediately! TFC substitutes offered nothing off the bench.
4. Started 2 defensive midfielders in Cronin & Robinson with no one to link midfield & strikers, no buildup play, chances were balls sent to Barrett, Dero or Vitti. Vancouver kept possession better.
5. Missed chances(all tournament): Barrett missed open clear cut chance headed into keeper's hands and Vitti hit post this game. But if, TFC had scored 1 more versus the Caps @ BMO, making up the goal differential in Montreal would still be achieveable.
Quite frankly, our strikers are useless and so are most of our midfielders. Our backline played well for the most part. The 1st goal Sutton's gotta do better he pushed it out to a Caps player to finish.
Dichio may as well not play if we cant get him the ball on his head. Barrett continues to miss easy chances. Vitti did well to keep the ball, but is not a finisher, I'd like to see him in more of a support striker role but he is not a goal scorer!!!!! Derosario is all flash and shines at times but isnt consistent, still quality but far from the Dero in Houston or San Jose.

Bottom line, the Whitecaps played with heart and wanted the game more than TFC.

TorontoMO
06-03-2009, 12:13 PM
don't we always lose due to a lack of heart ?

felipe
06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I always thought it was because the other team got more goals...

Cashcleaner
06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
How about MLSE?

Agreed 100%. They are the ones with the purse strings and our club is now paying the price for their backward corporate culture.

TFC: 2nd most profitable club in the league and where has it gotten us?

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I blame that short bald trainer. Clearly he didn't do a good enough job taping up Robbo's mangled fingers. Man.... that looked painful!

: rolling my eyes :

Juanito
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Guys let's face it.

Our team is average at best.

We have a few good players that on certain matches, carry the team (e.g. Guevara). If these guys have bad nights, the team sinks.

The only consistent thing we have is Frei as a GK. He is probably the most consistent player we have and for the most part, doesn't let us down.

There seems to be no system, no goal. We saw it yeaterday. A bunch of individual players were trying to carry the team, but there was no plan of attack.

Don't be fooled, we are a sub-par team.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
We are ALL responsible for Vancouver. (insert South Park "I broke the Dam")

Nuvinho
06-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Montreal is to blame!!!! You should of tied one game!!!

rocker
06-03-2009, 03:31 PM

on this point -- what the heck is the deal with the USL teams giving each other points each year in this competition?

last year, Montreal gets 2 wins from Vancouver (Vanny scored no goals).
This year, Vancouver gets 2 wins from Montreal (Montreal scored no goals).

statistically, you wouldn't think all 4 games would go as wins in a nice a tidy way like that... maybe a tie would go in there.. or maybe a series split? strange....

menefreghista
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM

We're lucky they called back that perfectly good Rocco Placentino goal in Toronto. Imagine if that game ended in a draw?

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 03:43 PM
on this point -- what the heck is the deal with the USL teams giving each other points each year in this competition?

statistically, you wouldn't think all 4 games would go as wins in a nice a tidy way like that... maybe a tie would go in there.. or maybe a series split? strange....

Man ... seriously ... give up. You brought this up last year as well and it is an extremely sorry excuse for the failure of our team.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Lets look at the bright side?? if there is one....

a) the team can not perform any worse against the Galaxy then they did
last night...being at hime us fans need to remind them of that..

b) Greg Sutton should be on the bench for the rest of the season

the players have to look at them selves for the fiasco last need..this is where we need John Carver giving them shit ...Cummins seem to relaxed

Bring on the Galaxy..

rocker
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Man ... seriously ... give up. You brought this up last year as well and it is an extremely sorry excuse for the failure of our team.

ummm.. how could I bring it up last year when Vancouver won last night?
My point compares TWO YEAR'S worth of games.

What does this have to do with TFC?
I'm talking about Montreal and Vancouver, not TFC.

Care to pontificate why the USL teams win 100% of the games against each other each year?
Or you just wanna tell me off? Nice way to stifle debate. Where are the mods when you need em?

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Montreal is not the same team as last season they are struggling and with luck we can take advantage of that and maybe bag a few goals (4) as well and not concide any...our luck we win 3-0!! if we had scored more
against Vancouver in Toronto it would have made things easier..but TFC have themselves to blame for this mess.its up to them to correct it
NO Excuses for the Loss to vancouver..we were shite

Dirk Diggler
06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I remember quite vividly you blaming Vancouver for us not qualifying for Champions League last year. In fact someone has quoted that post of yours just today in the the Off-topic thread. Your point was ridiculous last year and its even more ridiculous this year.

In addition, how am I supposed to know why the USL teams lose to each other (in a 2 year sample size). What do you want us to discuss? The possibility that there was match fixing involved?

ummm.. how could I bring it up last year when Vancouver won last night?
My point compares TWO YEAR'S worth of games.

What does this have to do with TFC?
I'm talking about Montreal and Vancouver, not TFC.

Care to pontificate why the USL teams win 100% of the games against each other each year?
Or you just wanna tell me off? Nice way to stifle debate. Where are the mods when you need em?

NateDoGG
06-03-2009, 04:03 PM
the defence...

jimiv
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM
So now that the team has lost on grass, will they stop blaming the turf and learn to pass a ball.

Parkdale
06-03-2009, 05:40 PM
the defence...

and who might they be?

:cool:

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
I blame CC for this one why the fuck is he tryin to play a 3-4-3 when we don't have good CB's and why does he sick with Barrett and Vitti so much there both SHITE and a waste of money.If i was CC i would have played a 4-2-3-1 we only needed a tie i don't get why he would play that shit formation

FUCK MO HE HAS TO GO

Erkan16
06-03-2009, 07:40 PM
CHAD BARRETT... the fucken tool

Fushida
06-03-2009, 08:03 PM
;549522']I missed the first 66 minutes of the game because I was busy........ let's just say I was doing homework.

Sorry after that first line... you missed pretty much most of the "action" in this game. I agree with a lot of your points however, but I'll just point a few that I have other views on:

Re: Cummins - I'm not sure how else he could have played it. Subbing off Barrett was a no brainer, Velez was weird, but Smith was clearly cuz he had no one else available (though I don't agree with it completely as I think Smith is garbage)

Re: Harmse - I'm glad everyone now realizes he's shit. Some actually bothered defending this player last week... I was shocked, but now I'd be surprised if someone has anything nice to say. EDIT: might I had he has WAY more problems than just shit passing. WAY more.

Re: Robbo - this is one thing I don't get... and I've voiced it in other threads too... what's the deal with this love with Robbo? Does everyone but me wear tinted glasses watching him play or something? He was garbage yesterday and just in general this season. Sure he may have hurt his hand, but he's strictly one dimensional. Some say its just his "job" and how he plays... well, let me say this: Sam Cronin does his job + offensive duties much more effectively with much more energy at a much lower salary. People complain about Vitti... what has Robbo done lately to be honest?

Robbo is all about 2 moves. First, he does this one touch garbage (which wouldn't be garbage if he was any GOOD at it, but he's not) pass that flies into the air when it shouldn't half the time, making it incredibly difficult for the unskilled players on our team to handle on a first touch (ie. Barrett). The other half of the time, it works, or its a good long ball... or am I being too generous with it being 50% effective?

Second, he REFUSES to move forward with the ball, and has HORRENDOUS off the ball attacking movement. Saying he doesn't play that way is a terrible TERRIBLE excuse. How is it POSSIBLE for a professional defensive midfielder in modern soccer in a 4-3-3 (!!) to NOT be able to attack? It doesn't make sense tactically or in practice. How many times a game do you see him pass the ball to Guevara and just STAND there while Amado gets swarmed? He refuses to make simple runs to support an attack? That's grade school soccer guys... that's me telling U8s to play their positions... its just not intelligent at a pro level.

Finally, Robbo has probably the weakest power in any form of kick for any professional soccer player in the continent... look at his shots yesterday for proof. I haven't seen him connect solidly on any shot for a LONG time, even when given a LOT of time. He's also not getting any faster, and shows it when he gets outrun in midfield, leaving our defense to fend for themselves (and we know how well they can handle that).

Frankly, I think Robbo's time as a player is done after this year. He's just too one dimensional for a league that needs to have strong firepower. Cronin does his job at a fraction of the price and with much more energy.

ua-kozak_TFC
06-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I am not sure why is Sutton in the poll out of all people... neither of the goals were his fault...

Roogsy
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I am not sure why is Sutton in the poll out of all people... neither of the goals were his fault...

Agreed. I don't know any keeper in MLS that keeps out either of those goals. Especially the 2nd which was beautifully placed and Toure was given far too much space.

He wasn't spectacular on a night we neeeded him to be, but he wasn't at fault. Singling him out is unfair in my opinion.

sampace
06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
In a two game span, there is a lot of blame to go on. They have been out scored 5-0 in two games, with various players playing between Frei/Sutton and Guevara. Tactics definetly are a starting point from Cummins. No one is saying we shouldn't go for it, but really a result is all we needed. Why not play more defensively and put the pressure on Vancouver to come out and win? Remember last season, Montreal was playing for the result and we needed a win to advance. It is called good tactics when a point is all we needed, especially on the road.Frei is the better goalie, but do not forget that he had a weaker start in the 3-0 loss as well. Sutton might have been a bit rusty on the first goal, not seeing the playing field, however he does not make me confident in his ability to steal us a result. He seems to be good enough on a great team like, say Houston with a solid defence, but not good enough on a shaky defensive team to stand out and earn us some points (which I feel Frei has done in some games).Midfield, I agree with the views stated on DeRosario. He hogs the ball sometimes and tries to do it all. He is not nearly as good as Guevara talent wise, distributing the ball, or on set plays. He can score goals the odd time, is probably one of TFC's better players, but he is not a stand out star on this team. He seems to be more off than on compared to Guevara, who is known to have his off days (however I've seen Guevara stand out an entire game before, while DeRosario is known to show up for a play or two, might score two goals in a game, but then afterwards you realize he was quiet for most of the game).Harmse does get a lot of bad wrap, but he is an example of coaching decisions. Harmse is not that bad playing midfield off of the bench, however the coach is the one playing him out of position. So in my opinion either Cummins must stop playing him out of position, or Mo needs to get some defensive help who can jump in now!

Fushida
06-03-2009, 10:30 PM
In a two game span, there is a lot of blame to go on. They have been out scored 5-0 in two games, with various players playing between Frei/Sutton and Guevara. Tactics definetly are a starting point from Cummins. No one is saying we shouldn't go for it, but really a result is all we needed. Why not play more defensively and put the pressure on Vancouver to come out and win? Remember last season, Montreal was playing for the result and we needed a win to advance. It is called good tactics when a point is all we needed, especially on the road.Frei is the better goalie, but do not forget that he had a weaker start in the 3-0 loss as well. Sutton might have been a bit rusty on the first goal, not seeing the playing field, however he does not make me confident in his ability to steal us a result. He seems to be good enough on a great team like, say Houston with a solid defence, but not good enough on a shaky defensive team to stand out and earn us some points (which I feel Frei has done in some games).Midfield, I agree with the views stated on DeRosario. He hogs the ball sometimes and tries to do it all. He is not nearly as good as Guevara talent wise, distributing the ball, or on set plays. He can score goals the odd time, is probably one of TFC's better players, but he is not a stand out star on this team. He seems to be more off than on compared to Guevara, who is known to have his off days (however I've seen Guevara stand out an entire game before, while DeRosario is known to show up for a play or two, might score two goals in a game, but then afterwards you realize he was quiet for most of the game).Harmse does get a lot of bad wrap, but he is an example of coaching decisions. Harmse is not that bad playing midfield off of the bench, however the coach is the one playing him out of position. So in my opinion either Cummins must stop playing him out of position, or Mo needs to get some defensive help who can jump in now!

1st bolded sentence: hindsight is always 50-50. you're saying you really wanted us to play defensively for probably a 0-0 draw against a "weak, low division" USL team? i mean... sure, we shoulda played defense based on how it turned out. but ask most people before the game and say we shoulda played a 4-5-1? ha..

2nd bolded sentence: harmse is not bad? NOT BAD? my god what have you been watching? tell me one thing that's not bad about this man anywhere on the field in ANY of his performances since he joined TFC? which part of his performances in midfield were "not bad"? please don't bring up that goal. chad barrett has scored goals, does that make him "not bad" based on his performances lately?

billyfly
06-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Have we blamed Gareth Wheeler and Cathal Kelly yet?

Dirk Diggler
06-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Have we blamed Gareth Wheeler and Cathal Kelly yet?

No. That would be ridiculous. We need to blame some sports journalists from Vancouver or Montreal for our loss.

Musse
06-04-2009, 12:58 PM
ALL OF US GOD DAMN IT!!!!

right from the season start....the team's "goal" was to make the playoffs....playoffs? are you serious that is your "aim" waking up every morning...how self-defeating is that? why are we so complacent and keep throwing out this "rome wasn't built in a day" crap....that is why we lost against vancouver....they were playing for the tie!!

our goal EVERY fuckin year should be:
- MLS Cup champions
- Nutrilite champions
- Concacaf champions
-supporter's shield
-best record in MLS
-Fifa club world cup champions

i'm not unrealistic, we may not win these every year.....but we as a club and organization have to have BIG goals....no more of this complacent, "make the playoffs garbage"

Liverpool came back from 3-0 against ac milan in the champions league 2005.......why???? because the players knew, the fans would NOT accept anything less......they REFUSED to lose.....

my message:

everyone that was going to montreal.....don't cancel....go there en masse, and support like never before.....4-0 TFC in montreal....not hopless optimisim, its called FUCKING pride!!!

ExiledRed
06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
It's damn true, that if Liverpool needed 4 goals in their last match to qualify for the CL because ownership were fucking up, not ponying up the cash for players and ripping off the fans. The fans would still be at that match supporting the team in full voice.

They still know how to make it damn plain to ownership how unhappy they are however.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Agreed. I don't know any keeper in MLS that keeps out either of those goals. Especially the 2nd which was beautifully placed and Toure was given far too much space.

He wasn't spectacular on a night we neeeded him to be, but he wasn't at fault. Singling him out is unfair in my opinion.

2nd one ok..but the first one he was out of position and didnt puch the ball over the net or hanged on to it..he gave it alway and thats his fault.
Frei will be back in Saturday and with luck for the rest of the season.

Dirk Diggler
06-04-2009, 09:25 PM
It's damn true, that if Liverpool needed 4 goals in their last match to qualify for the CL because ownership were fucking up, not ponying up the cash for players and ripping off the fans. The fans would still be at that match supporting the team in full voice.

They still know how to make it damn plain to ownership how unhappy they are however.

I agree but there in lies the difference ... TFC is not Liverpool no matter what MLSE wants us to think. As you yourself said on the board yesterday, TFC is an entertainment business behind the facade of sports team (or something to that effect) and sadly I have to agree with that assesment.

greatwhitenorf
06-05-2009, 09:03 AM
It's all Vancouver's fault. Making us play in that lush, green, parklike setting, surrounded by really nice fans, quietly sipping their beers - some with their feet up on empty seats or rails - paying attention and using polite applause and no profanity to create a warm, supportive, family-oriented environment.

And the kids playing behind the supporters section being such a distraction with their giggling.

And the sun going down way too s-l-o-w-l-y on a very nice night like we've never seen this season in Toronto with all our wind and rain.

All that - and Evil Bert - just destroyed our guys.

Yohan
06-05-2009, 09:09 AM
ok. so i was working in the boonies and missed the game

can anyone point me towards right places where i can watch this debacle?

mastermixer
06-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I put the blame all on Barrett. How many more chances can this guy get before he earns his keep? I mean come on a header right at the goalie!! The goalie is only a foot or so wide and the rest of the net counts for about 25 feet!! If he got that in it would have been tied and would probably totally changed the momentum of the game. But nope... Bullseye right at the goalie... nice job.

menefreghista
06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
ok. so i was working in the boonies and missed the game

can anyone point me towards right places where i can watch this debacle?

Send me a PM and I will help you out.