PDA

View Full Version : Bush League

giambac
06-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I staye doff the boards for the past few weeks becasue honestly I thought that finally after 2+ years this team had turned it around. But man oh man I have to blow off some steam.

this isn TOTAL BUSH League

What happened tonight vs Vancouver is Bush league

We lose to A bush league team
We play like a bush league
Our scoring is Total bush league
TFC management is total bush league. They promised us A DP and never delivered. They promised at looking into getting grass at BMO and never delivered. They switch a league match from August to June which is Total Bush league.

They want to pplay Real Madrid?? Are they for real???? They should be palying house league teams.

This team and managemnt is total bush league. I mean as a STH I'm toatlly disappointed, totally discouraged with this team, and have absolute no respect or confidence in MLSE mangement and in the TFC coaching/managemnt staff.

Time to totally blow this thing up from top to bottom. Get the guy from North Korea to di his nuclear testing on this organization becasue it is an embarrasment.

wzhxvy
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
I agree on TFC management and our play. I say fire Anasalmi, Mo and the entire coaching staff. Time for a completely new start. Come in, and address the fans because this is dangerously close to make people stop following the team. There is no problem with effort and losing but tonight...this was a fucking disgrace...outcoached, outplayed, outhustled.

Shakes McQueen
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Ahh, if it isn't He Who Feeds on Sadness and Misery. I should have known you'd be back with one of your greatest hits after that game tonight.

- Scott

neuf
06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I agree on TFC management and our play. I say fire Anasalmi, Mo and the entire coaching staff. Time for a completely new start. Come in, and address the fans because this is dangerously close to make people stop following the team. There is no problem with effort and losing but tonight...this was a fucking disgrace...outcoached, outplayed, outhustled.

It won't happen anytime soon.

Ahh, if it isn't He Who Feeds on Sadness and Misery. I should have known you'd be back with one of your greatest hits after that game tonight.

- Scott

Can't say I disagree with him.

greatwhitenorf
06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
I staye doff the boards for the past few weeks becasue honestly I thought that finally after 2+ years this team had turned it around. But man oh man I have to blow off some steam.

this isn TOTAL BUSH League

What happened tonight vs Vancouver is Bush league

We lose to A bush league team
We play like a bush league
TFC management is total bush league. They promised us A DP and never delivered. They promised at looking into getting grass at BMO and never delivered. They switch a league match from August to June which is Total Bush league.

They want to pplay Real Madrid?? Are they for real???? They should be palying house league teams.

This team and managemnt is total bush league. I mean as a STH I'm toatlly disappointed, totally discouraged with this team, and have absolute no respect or confidence in MLSE mangement and in the TFC coaching/managemnt staff.

Time to totally blow this thing up from top to bottom. Get the guy from North Korea to di his nuclear testing on this organization becasue it is an embarrasment.

Well, if anyone was going to turn on the sprinkler early on, it had to be you, G.

We're getting outplayed by two teams, Montreal and Vancouver, that are, respectively, in their 17th and 23rd years of operation. Obviously, a lot of people don't really have much respect for the depth and experience these organizations have.

And now you're spitting out your soother again while we're playing our third season of existence.

TFC didn't play well this week, but I'll be still be supporting them many years from now.

Hopefully with my feet up on your empty seats.

Laurignano
06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Honestly...after watching TFC today I am almost sick to my stomach. The question is do they seem so bad because I just watched a Champions League final recently or just because they are absolutely garbage? I sometimes watch some Oakville Rep games and I kid you not they actually pass the ball 10x better than TFC did today (and most nights)

giambac
06-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, if anyone was going to turn on the sprinkler early on, it had to be you, G.

We're getting outplayed by two teams, Montreal and Vancouver, that are, respectively, in their 17th and 23rd years of operation. Obviously, a lot of people don't really have much respect for the depth and experience these organizations have.

And now you're spitting out your soother again while we're playing our third season of existence.

TFC didn't play well this week, but I'll be still be supporting them many years from now.

It's because of guys like you we will never have a winner. Always looking for light where none exists. Admit it This team sucked tonight and they are a disgrace.

I'm A STH and wnated this win Bad. I mean another year of losing to a bush league team and your still making excuses that they are in their 23rd year. WAKE UP! This team is a disgrace and needs to be blown up.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-02-2009, 11:44 PM

Vancouver played as a team, with flow, passion and intelligence. We played like 11 men who looked lost on the pitch. We played with zero passion, urgency, or tactical awareness. Vancouver deserves the Voyageurs' Cup, and we deserve a better team.

Shakes McQueen
06-02-2009, 11:45 PM
The last two games have been awful. The real test is how they respond. Every club has poor streaks of play.

This isn't the same team I saw play, even two weeks ago.

What I'm not going to do, is listen to people like Giambac, who recede into the shadows and have nothing to say when the team is playing well, but come back with gusto during the bad times. He feeds on stuff like this.

Changes need to be made, and Cummins needs to show he has what it takes to get this team playing well again, or he needs to go too. That said, I'm not giving in to the usual Giambac vortex of misery.

- Scott

giambac
Honestly...after watching TFC today I am almost sick to my stomach. The question is do they seem so bad because I just watched a Champions League final recently or just because they are absolutely garbage? I sometimes watch some Oakville Rep games and I kid you not they actually pass the ball 10x better than TFC did today (and most nights)

Thats what is frustrating about this team.

I spend 5 nights of the week at soccer fileds around the city. The play at the rep level is way better and more creative tahn what TFC is providing us.

Toronto Ruffrider

Maybe we should pay these guys $100k/year and have them suit up.

giambac
06-02-2009, 11:50 PM
The last two games have been awful. The real test is how they respond. Every club has poor streaks of play.

What I'm not going to do, is listen to people like Giambac, who recede into the shadows and have nothing to say when the team is playing well, but come back with gusto during the bad times. He feeds on stuff like this.

Changes need to be made, and Cummins needs to show he has what it takes to get this team playing well again, or he needs to go too. That said, I'm not giving in to the usual Giambac vortex of misery.

- Scott

The team just lost the Canada Cup for the 2nd staright year to USL teams. And you say the real test is how they responD?????

THE REAL TEST WAS TONIGHT AND THE TEAM FAILED TO DELIVER, THEY FAILED TO CLINCH THE TITLE, THEY FAILED TO SHOW UP,

Waht the hell are you waiting for???
Let me guess they are only in year 3 of their 5 year plan?????

Laurignano
06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Maybe we should pay these guys $100k/year and have them suit up.

The difference between them and TFC is that they play as a TEAM. They are creative and move off the ball, and pass technically right to each others feet. I honestly think they may even be able to BEAT TFC. But with that said there should be no excuse that a Rep team in Oakville would even cross my MIND as better then a club I PAY to see. Its just sad to see a team that doesn't know how to pass.

ExiledRed
06-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Give Giambac his due.

His post is absolutely fucking correct, and who are any of you to say otherwise tonight?

ExiledRed
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Enjoy the Real Madrid match, Sparky, just don't cheer to loud when they score on us.

BC101
06-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Enjoy the Real Madrid match, Sparky, just don't cheer to loud when they score on us.
If Ronaldo goes there can I sing Viva Ronaldo?

stretchthetruth
06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
no excuses and no appologies tonight. shame. i havent felt this gutted in a long time...

Laurignano
06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Give Giambac his due.

His post is absolutely fucking correct, and who are any of you to say otherwise tonight?
+1

He is right. We all pay money to see this team play. I fucking KNEW this would happen. There is no excuse for the club to be the way it is, when we have a team like Seattle who comes in 1st year and is most likely going to make the playoffs. We couldn't even hold out for a DRAW with Vancouver!

boban
06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Oh please give me a fucken break.
I heard tonight only 2 players on the Whitecaps are on the team from 2007.
They managed to get chemistry in that time despite the turnover.
In addition, TFC has deeper pockets to get better players.
We have what, 3 Cdn NATIONAL team players? At least 1 USA Nat. Player, and a Honduran.
What do the Whitecaps have .. 1 Cdn Nat. Player - part time.
Make any excuse for this team to not produce eh?

BayernTFC
06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
What scoring? Did I miss something tonight?

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM
The team just lost the Canada Cup for the 2nd staright year to USL teams. And you say the real test is how they responD?????

THE REAL TEST WAS TONIGHT AND THE TEAM FAILED TO DELIVER, THEY FAILED TO CLINCH THE TITLE, THEY FAILED TO SHOW UP,

Waht the hell are you waiting for???
Let me guess they are only in year 3 of their 5 year plan?????

Don't even start. I never said I wasn't disappointed. I never said this result was okay. What I did say, is that I have no interest in listening to you.

By your own admission in this thread, you actually stay away when the team is playing well. You aren't a fan - you're someone who enjoys kicking the team when it's down, and then brow beating your critics into submission by telling us about your unverified season tickets, and the unverified five days a week you spend watching amateur soccer.

The team has played incredibly poorly the past week and a half. Changes need to be made. Where you're mistaken, is assuming that using aggressive language and CAPITAL LETTERS somehow makes you more of a realist than me, or anyone else.

I'm not one of the believers in giving Mo 5 years, and if we fail to make the playoffs this season, I think he realistically needs to go. But I still won't be taking you seriously, because I've still yet to see you actually cheer this team on in any way, shape, or form.

- Scott

boban
06-03-2009, 12:02 AM

- Scott
To a degree you have a point, but after Houston he did not post either.
Also, despite our wins earlier in the Voyageours Cup, the performances were lackluster. Yes we won, but not decisively is turning into the nightmare we all wished wouldn't materialize.

Jack
06-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Give Giambac his due.

Quoted for truth.

Tonight was an embarrassment to the entire organization and all the supporters.

Perhaps we are a new club. Perhaps we don't have a great history. But despite the newness the support has been behind this team with our hearts, souls, voices and wallets since early days.

When a big game comes along, this is what we get?

Very disappointing.

boban
What scoring? Did I miss something tonight?
LOL, touche.
But if we finsihed off Vancouver and Montreal at home with authority and greater margins, the game in Montreal would be more attainable and still in our control to win the cup.

Shakes McQueen
To a degree you have a point, but after Houston he did not post either.
Also, despite our wins earlier in the Voyageours Cup, the performances were lackluster. Yes we won, but not decisively is turning into the nightmare we all wished wouldn't materialize.

I thought our home performances against both teams were pretty dominant, except for not being able to finish the boatload of chances we had on net. Particularly against Montreal.

The last week and a half have been excrutiatingly frustrating, specifically because we have all seen this same team play better than this. What the hell happened?!

- Scott

mclaren
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Give Giambac his due.

Agreed. People can't keep their heads in the sand much longer. Time to wake up folks.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm used to feeling like I've been punched in the gut, what with supporting the nats and all. There are too many parallels between the nats and TFC. Perhaps TFC should hire Dale Mitchell to replace Mo Johnston. If that isn't an insult, I don't know what is.

Phil
06-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Give Giambac his due.

QFT.

I am sick of being bent over and tonight was an example of that.

mclaren
06-03-2009, 12:07 AM
This is the kind of passion we needed from our players tonight: http://www.sportphotogallery.com/content/images/products/Sports/SPGASFL080/main/SPGASFL080-product.jpg

Laurignano
06-03-2009, 12:09 AM
The question is when is enough enough? And how do we make TFC realize that it isn't acceptable?

BayernTFC
06-03-2009, 12:11 AM
LOL, touche.
But if we finsihed off Vancouver and Montreal at home with authority and greater margins, the game in Montreal would be more attainable and still in our control to win the cup.
Agreed. We don't cash in on our chances. It is our biggest problem. It's too bad that we are talking about the same old story. :(

boban
06-03-2009, 12:12 AM
The question is when is enough enough? And how do we make TFC realize that it isn't acceptable?
That's a very good question.
Seattle fans have a seat at the table in determining changes.
Toronto is a close board meeting with arguments always centred on ROI.
How do we supporters get/influence REAL changes? hmmmmm

Raging Reggie
06-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Tonight was a total joke, what in the fuck, there needs to be some attidude ajustments or something, like did we just expect to walk in there and get the trophy handed to us? fucking terrible, bush league is correct man. So fucking bad. I dont call for heads to roll after every loss and this and that, but wow something needs to be done and pronto. You would have though after Dallas we would have come out with something to prove, especially with the championship on the line...but that is bad bad bad bad...

Bring in Lee Emery as Head Coach is all i gotta say...
yyC0BmTYTgI

boban
06-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Agreed. We doesn't cash in on our chances. It is our biggest problem. It's too bad that we are talking about the same old story. :(
Exactly, and then there are people who say we don't need a DP striker. oh well.

Laurignano
06-03-2009, 12:16 AM

In Europe and S.America, they riot protest and a whole bunch of stuff we obviously never want to result too lol I think by refusing to sing for 90 minutes and wearing paper bags over our heads would be a good start.

BuSaPuNk
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM

Silent or empty southend. Cut off there $$$ maker the atmosphere. The fairweather fans will leave and the building would be fucking half empty.

mclaren
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Jimmy Brennan has to take some responsibility as captain for clearly not firing the team up enough. They looked lethargic out there, like they didn't care.

s2cazz
06-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Silent or empty southend. Cut off there $$$ maker the atmosphere. The fairweather fans will leave and the building would be fucking half empty.
not empty... but silent... if you empty it (unless tickets are still bought) ml$e will sell the empty seats to someone else....

if this embarassment doesn't unite the south end for some kind of protest then nothing ever will and we should be just as embarassed as the team for how they played tonight...\

BayernTFC
06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
What the hell happened?!
We weren't playing as a team. Just compare how Vancouver was playing to TFC's performance. The Whitecaps were aware of their teammates and where they were positioned on the field of play. They controlled the ball, used each other and made short, crisp passes that were consistently on target. They kept things simple and buried their chances when they were presented with them. Conversely, TFC wasted one opportunity after another. They made sloppy passes when willing to attempt a pass, and too often ignored teamates or just foolishly gave the ball away to Vancouver. We relied too much on Attakora and Serioux to cover at the back and we were very lucky that those two showed up and were up to the task. During several times during the match, TFC looked like a collection of individuals following their own specific game plans. Despite all that, TFC could have easily tied or won the game if they only knew how to finish a chance.

VPjr
06-03-2009, 12:35 AM
How the club management (and I don't mean Mo...i mean his bosses) respond to tonight's embarrasing result will determine whether I can fully restore my passion for this team. Right now, its at its lowest. The team came out completely flat. How does that happen?

The team is a mess. Anyone with 2 eyes and a functioning cerebellum can see it. This is not just a bad week. Yes, the team beat the Revs a couple of weeks ago but we ought not to read too much into that. The Revs were a depleted group. This team has not really played well in a very long time.

The team, as presently constituted, simply doesn't work together. They do not play like a team, especially up front. They don't have any width. The most important player on the team is Serioux, not DeRo, and that is a problem in and of itself.

This is going to be a long year.

billyfly
06-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Tonight was a total joke, what in the fuck, there needs to be some attidude ajustments or something, like did we just expect to walk in there and get the trophy handed to us? fucking terrible, bush league is correct man. So fucking bad. I dont call for heads to roll after every loss and this and that, but wow something needs to be done and pronto. You would have though after Dallas we would have come out with something to prove, especially with the championship on the line...but that is bad bad bad bad...

Bring in Lee Emery as Head Coach is all i gotta say...
yyC0BmTYTgI

I watched this and frankly I feel much better now. Thanks Reggie.

Pookie
06-03-2009, 06:56 AM
I'm a glass full kinda guy.

However, the reality is that we managed just 2 goals in 3 games against teams that play in a lower division and sit 6th and 9th in their division.

There is no way to spin that into a positive.

.J.B.
06-03-2009, 07:23 AM
this team is ass, I sit in the south end and my 4 seats will be silent and we will be sitting the entire game... this team is an emberrasment and will not recoup this year, we will miss another playoff birth. Guys, get ready to be disappointed over and over again.

Thanks for the Full metal Jacket clip... that was an awesome scene

canucker
06-03-2009, 08:27 AM
We were outcoached and outplayed in every facet of the game last night. There can be no excuses like: "We didn't have Wynne or Guevara" or "That we would have won if we had a DP". Those excuses are bullshit! We should be beating USL teams with our bench players!

We handled the Whitecaps pretty good in the first game, obviously we didn't convert enough but we controlled that game. This defeat has to be laid down at the feet of the players and the coaching staff. How can this team, who has been pretty competitive this year in a superior league, struggle against inferior teams?

Its shite! We should be romping over these teams. I can't lay this at MoJo's feet as we've witnessed our team play better than that against better opponents. These guys need to get slapped around a bit and be cut back down to size. I think they've gotten to big for their britches and they think they're better than they really are (kind of like what happened to some Leaf players the past few years).

Something needs to happen: players meeting, Cummins running them into the ground, Cummins/MoJo tearing a strip off of them or massive player movement. SOMETHING!!!

giambac
06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Now I know why TFC and MLSE doesn't want to expand this tournament to inlude more teams.

imagine if they allowed CSL teams to take part in this tournament. Fuck we would lose to teams in the CSL,

I'm telling you the way TFC plays or fails to show up on most nights, especuially in crucial games, cup clinching games like last night, I think the CSL teams would embarras them and MLSE and TFC knows this so they won't expand the tournament format.

MLSE and TFC management are a joke. Pure Joke.

Beach_Red
06-03-2009, 09:09 AM
I thought our home performances against both teams were pretty dominant, except for not being able to finish the boatload of chances we had on net. Particularly against Montreal.

The last week and a half have been excrutiatingly frustrating, specifically because we have all seen this same team play better than this. What the hell happened?!

- Scott

That is a fucking huge except, though.

What happened is this team is easy to coach against. It has no scoring threat so a USL team can press from the start and not worry. Once in a while TFC get lucky from the midfield, but no one is worried about playing this team.

And it could be solved right now by writing a big enough cheque - that's all it would take.

micpar
06-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I think the coaching staff is to blame! why play a 4-3-3 when all you need is a tie?? play a 4-4-2 and stack the midfield. Play Robbo, Corin, Harmse & RR in the middle, play DD and Dero for the counter. I still don't understand why Harmse was playing right back with Velez (I know he's not any better, but it's his natural place) on the bench! I don't get it!

I know some of you may say, play for the win at all costs, but knowing TFC's track record, playing for the tie would have been a better idea!