Shway
06-02-2009, 11:26 PM
that games wass bulll shiit

Waggy
06-02-2009, 11:28 PM
my stomach hurts

sully
06-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Toronto FC = Garbage. No excuses. Barrett out now.

Batman
06-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I feel like I just saw a raptors game.

Super
I am honestly in shock. IN FUCKING SHOCK!

Daveisonfire

Cas87
Is it too late to switch teams and cheer for the Lynx? or Forest City London?

Whoop
It must have been the natural grass.

Who's going to Montreal now? Now that the game is meaningless?

bertal
06-02-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg

twistedchinaman
I think I called for an end of the line for a few players.

Let me repeat said call for:

- Barrett
- Harmse
- Vitti

Lucky Strike
I hate TFC. Why does this always happen to us?

phonzo

a few times I felt like I was watching Rogers community television..I dunno what to say..wow..what a fucking

s2cazz
I want some action taken... who's the bigger loser the team? or us for suppoting them?

Cristiano14
is it time to make FC United of Toronto :p?

Ageroo

I will be there.....I am pissed, but I will be there.

Cambridge_Red
I'm speechless..

twistedchinaman
I hate TFC. Why does this always happen to us?

I think someone ate a jinxed potato.

rocker
pathetic

BC101
Twittergate... when a goal is required Twittergate... managerial genius...

aboyandhisdog
We don't belong in the MLS and they do. In fact, we'd be a bottom dweller in the USL. MLS playoffs? Yeah right! We can't even win the Nutralite Championship. The newest franchise club is already kicking our arses. We'll be in last place in 2010 once VAN's in for sure! I'm done. Who needs tickets? See you next season!

Shway
we can only hope montreal would field a team of trois-riveress players

TFC07
06-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I think there's nothing to say here except congrats to Vancouver for winning Canadian championship. Hopefully you guys rep our country well in CCL. :canada:

To Toronto fans at the game: thanks for coming out and supporting TFC even though they don't deserve it. (Extreme yes, but however, the way they played today I got every right for saying that....)

Pachuco
WOW .... I don't even know what to say right now.....

Ok I got something. Toure is better then Ricketts, Smith and Harmse put together. Yet somehow we are stuck with these three.

Cristiano14

- Barrett
- Harmse
- Vitti
you can throw ricketts and johann in ther 2

David_Oliveira
wow I would love to see how many goals Casey would get in T.O. It seems like none of our strikers can finish

elvis
This is an embarassment...shame for the 2nd year in a row.

Heads must role - this is not acceptable.

Daveisonfire

- Barrett
- Harmse
- Vitti

Disagree.

Replace Vitti with Ricketts and you have a case.

sully

Not only do Montreal get to watch TFC fail again..but Vancouver get to send a delegation to pick up the trophy. Double embarrassment.

twistedchinaman
I want some action taken... who's the bigger oser the team? or us for suppoting them?

^ Winner.

Super
So 3 times in this tournament, and so far Montreal and Vancouver have won it. We're the MLS team. What's going on here? Are we just unlucky yet again? I'm disgusted!

Mikey
Break out the brown paper bags on saturday.
Embarrased to be associated with these useless bunch of hacks.

Chevy
What the fuck happened?

Our $900,000 worth of forwards (dero, vitti, dichio, barrett) just got schooled by some dude who makes fifteen bucks an hour. FUCK. FUCK!!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
Toronto FC = Garbage. No excuses. Barrett out now.

No just barrett...the whole playing roster is to blame

bertal
06-02-2009, 11:32 PM

i dont think i would even haul my ass to montreal this time. it's very sad and depressing watching this team... plus do you remember what happened last year? mtl fans setting our shit on fire, security comming down hard and what not.

phonzo
I had hopes for Barret last year..this year he didn't improve I lost faith..tonight done

Vitti..I hoped..but God-damn he goes 90% of the way there then nothing..I hope thats not how he pleases women...

Pachuco
Twittergate... when a goal is required Twittergate... managerial genius...

Are you really gonna blame Cummins for that? HE HAS NO ONE ELSE ON THE BENCH.

Fushida
well not much to say. night guys... waking up at 6 is gonna feel 1000x shittier now.

Chevy

A Big Fucking +1.

ensco
It's the way we lost.

We were disorganized, outchanced, outhustled.

Cas87
06-02-2009, 11:33 PM

Granted the game is meaningless, but TFC is like a child and the RPB are the parents.
Sure, we are very disappointed but give us time and the sting will soften.
No matter what we still love and support TFC, its just that for the more crappy performances we need to vent

MG42
this hurts bad...at least I don't have to see Braz lifting a trophy in our stadium this year

Pachuco
It's the way we lost.

I thought we passed the ball extremely well today....

To Vancouver that is!

twistedchinaman
I think tonight even the most hardened of fans have been shaken -- HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MANAGE SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!!?

http://kevinrobinson.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/epic_fail.jpg

Nazzer
on the live blog on the TFC website the tie breakers were listed and it will come down to the last game. The third and fourth tie breakers (the goal differential between the teams tied on points) is only applicable if there is more than two teams tied. So if TFC beat Montreal 4-0 then both TFC and the Whitecaps will have 9 pts, goal differential of +4 and TFC will win the Cup based on having more goals scored than Vancouver (6 goals vs 5 goals).

So, TFC will win the Cup June 18 if they win 4-0, if they win 3-0 or anything worse than that the Cup is Vancouver's

bgnewf
Hi Mo Johnston:

How has your night been? Hope it was better than ours.

We saw the team you have "built" shit their pants in the biggest match in the history of our club.

This is your team Mo. You put it together. This is your club that could not score in a brothel. You traded for Barrett and got Vitti. You are the one that has chosen not to sign a striker or a DP.

Are you gutted Mo? Are you gutted like I am? Are you shaking in fucking fury at your club? You fucking should be you cunt.

Fushida
06-02-2009, 11:34 PM

we still have barrett defenders..?! i think the sane thing to do was to put ricketts on......... barrett was here to win the field goal challenge today... not score. doesn't mean ricketts was much better... but it was the right thing to do.

mighty_torontofc_2008

But hes responsible for the players NOT showing up or showing any heart, time for a new manager...again

Skinner
Vitti and Barrett can't finish....Sutton just doesn't have it....really missed Amado....Harmse is just plain awful.

I'm completely disheartened by that display. MLSE should start getting nervous....I'm sure there are others like me who have been behind this club since day 1 but are starting to get fed up...PHUQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ageroo
It's the way we lost.

Very true...Vancouver just looked like they wanted it more and definitely showed it...the came out on fire, got the goal and held on to the lead.....FUCK!

Cristiano14

That would actually be a pretty sick idea if the whole south end or w.e did it

Pachuco
06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
on the live blog on the TFC website the tie breakers were listed and it will come down to the last game. The third and fourth tie breakers (the goal differential between the teams tied on points) is only applicable if there is more than two teams tied. So if TFC beat Montreal 4-0 then both TFC and the Whitecaps will have 9 pts, goal differential of +4 and TFC will win the Cup based on having more goals scored than Vancouver (6 goals vs 5 goals).

So, TFC will win the Cup June 18 if they win 4-0, if they win 3-0 or anything worse than that the Cup is Vancouver's

So we need to sign TWO DP strikers and maybe we'll be ok for that game :(

poppamidnight

How many blunders a game are you gunna permit this clown...

every time he puts boot to ball I expect (and about 99% of the time get) a miss of 20 feet!!!

Barrett is horrible.... If you want a player that will run his ass off and kick the ball missing the net, I'll do it for a yearly contract of beer.....

Shway
whos willing to pay montreal interm manager some mula, to throw the game??????????

106-12

- Barrett
- Harmse
- Vitti
add rickett to that and i will be happy

sully

agreed on your sentiment..but this ridiculous idea of giving barrett chance after chance after chance is so past expired it's toxic..and an insult to the people that pay with dollars and emotion to support this crap..

BC101
Ownership genius then well someones responsible I dont' care who wants to take the blame for it. That was by far the worst sub ever. May as well gone up to joe blow wearing a TFC shirt in the ground and ask them to play... They'd for sure show more urgency.

shawn6597

why do you keep defending him?

yes they were all bad, but he was particularly awful, yet againnn

Cambridge_Red
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi Mo Johnston:

We saw the team you have "built" shit their pants in the biggest match in the history of our club.

This is your team Mo. You put it together. This is your club that could not score in a brothel. You traded for Barrett and got Vitti. You are the one that has chosen not to sign a striker or a DP.

Are you gutted Mo? Are you gutted like I am? Are you shaking in fucking fury at your club? You fucking should be you cunt.

Co-signed BY MANY OTHERS

twistedchinaman
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I want to cry, but I can't.

FRIKKINGAWDDAMMNIT!!!!!!!

shawn6597
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
a silent south end for the first half on saturday??

show them what TFC is without our support

phonzo
...Sutton just doesn't have it....r

wtf did sutton do? There was nothing he could have done on either goal. The second one was a beautiful strike (look Chad thats how you find the back of a net)

olegunnar
We need to go to Fluminense on them

Player punched after fans invade team's practice

SAO PAULO — Fans unhappy with their struggling soccer team invaded the team's practice, punching a player in the stomach and causing security guards to fire shots into the air to protect the others.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2009-05-26-1783976439_x.htm

McFly
TFC,

FFS you're amateur! You and I are done, professionally. Fucking. Ass...

Pachuco
Ownership genius then well someones responsible I dont' care who wants to take the blame for it. That was by far the worst sub ever. May as well gone up to joe blow wearing a TFC shirt in the ground and ask them to play... They'd for sure show more urgency.

It may have been the worst sub ever. But it was still better then keeping Chad fucking choke over the net Barrett for another minute on the field. ;). Unfortunately for Cummins, it's a lose lose situation. He's already shown he doesn't like Ricketts, but he has no choice at this point considering no one else was on the bench.

Boudge
MLS&E curse, buy our team Jim Balsilie!

BuSaPuNk
That was a fucking pathetic waste of time. No fucking hussle no fucking heart out there tonight. It hurts so much to say this but these guys and this team don't deserve the support that we give them. Fucking bush leauge fucking shit. Next home game no fucking chants no noise until they fucking show that they can play the fucking game. I can't believe I'm going to Montreal to watch this fucking joke.

noochie

Why even talk about that... based on performances past and present... what chance do you give TFC of stepping up in a big game to score 4+ goals?

I have 0 faith in this group of players and management to get anything close to this being done.

reggie
06-02-2009, 11:38 PM
the MOstake by the lake must go now..........

s2cazz
trade Harmse, Barrett, cummins, Rickets and Mo we might get a goat

heads have to roll or I'm going back o being a Eurosnob

MG42
I hope all the players have a great night partying in Vancouver while I cry myself to sleep

twistedchinaman
Hi Mo Johnston:

P.S. Please spare us the heartache -- do like the last Ming emperor in 1648, hand over the reins and then bite the bullet.

Now.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Disagree.

Replace Vitti with Ricketts and you have a case.

Vitti was the only player making an effort tonight...also add Sutton to the players that must go list...hes a liability we can no longer afford

Cas87
We need to go to Fluminense on them

Player punched after fans invade team's practice

SAO PAULO — Fans unhappy with their struggling soccer team invaded the team's practice, punching a player in the stomach and causing security guards to fire shots into the air to protect the others.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2009-05-26-1783976439_x.htm

+1

Anyone else?
I say at the Open Practice

TorontoMO
And to think we made fun of Montreal blowing it in Mexico last year. At least they made to the Quarter Finals, where we haven't even qualified from a field of three!

Three.

BC101
a silent south end for the first half on saturday??

show them what TFC is without our support
They'd never do it... Someone will get drunk and start the massive and thats it...THey dont believe in this kinda protest.

phonzo
That was a fucking pathetic waste of time. No fucking hussle no fucking heart out there tonight. It hurts so much to say this but these guys and this team don't deserve the support that we give them. Fucking bush leauge fucking shit. Next home game no fucking chants no noise until they fucking show that they can play the fucking game. I can't believe I'm going to Montreal to watch this fucking joke.

felt the same way as I flicked off the tv...but fuck it I'll be there in Montreal and I'll expect them to bust their fucking balls even though it may mean nothing

noochie
06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
wtf did sutton do? There was nothing he could have done on either goal. The second one was a beautiful strike (look Chad thats how you find the back of a net)

He could have knocked the 1st one over the bar... positionally... he is horrible and has no vision on passes out of the box. Not that I am putting this all on him... but he isn't a good keeper. I would've taken Edwards over Sutton, positionally from what little we have seen of him... he is way better off.

ensco
Pummeling a team that lays down because they have nothing to play for....meh.

You know what? I don't want to get in beating Montreal 4-0. Vancouver deserved it, and we'd be stealing it from them. It'd be a legal but not a moral victory.

s2cazz
whos willing to pay montreal interm manager some mula, to throw the game??????????
Who needs money?... 4 guys, 2 baseball bats and a 9 iron

twistedchinaman

That should have happened a long, long, LONG time ago.

MartinUtd
Total disgrace

Whats with all the no look heel passes that always lead to turn overs? We couldn't link up multiple passes and with a few exceptions were afraid to go up the middle. What a difference the absence of Amando Guevara makes! Vitti looked good but in the end couldn't get the job done. How many times does this happen before the excuse wears thin?

4 goals down in the standings now. FUCK!

mighty_torontofc_2008

he missed the first one..out of position and mis handled it he blew it..

that was the game then..he must go

Pachuco

That first goal was all Sutton. Left his team out to dry when he punched the ball right back onto the playing field.

boysblue
06-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Barrett's miss early in the second half (the sitter that he headed directly into the goalie's belly) is simply unacceptable from a professional footballer. Yes, he works hard and all of that, but the bottom line is he wastes far too many opportunities in front of goal.

Out of this disaster must come some good....this team and/or management has shown itself to be wanting. Something must be changed.

THA BUTCHA
TO: MLSintoronto

Why should I care about your football team?

BC101
Pummeling a team that lays down because they have nothing to play for....meh.

You know what? I don't want to get in beating Montreal 4-0. Vancouver deserved it, and we'd be stealing it from them. It'd be a legal but not a moral victory.
There is a very very very slim chance of that happening... Man... After the screw job MTL got on that goal here in Toronto you think they are gonna lay down and let us run them over? fuck that this is MTL's world cup final.

Whoop
Isn't the first tiebreaker head to head?

Stryker
Hi Mo Johnston:

Post of the year. Sums up the last couple months

Cambridge_Red
They'd never do it... Someone will get drunk and start the massive and thats it...THey dont believe in this kinda protest.

Agreed, not to worry though there's other means..

reggie
06-02-2009, 11:42 PM
its ok boys ...we got got jamie smith coming in....i say we turn our back on the team on saturday... MO MUST GO

s2cazz
this wouold be where the newspaper tifo they did in columbus would be more appropriate....we need to show FO we aren't happy

Pachuco
TO: MLSintoronto

Dido. I'll be buying tickets to Real Madrid. Oh yes I will. But I'll be wearing a white jersey and it won't be TFC's practice white ;)

Whoop
At least the atmosphere should be better in Montreal now.

I can see them getting more supporters to the game to laugh at us.

mclaren
Played like crap: Dichio, Harmse, Ricketts, Brennan, Barrett, DeRo

Only players who put in any effort: Cronin, Nana, Vitti

rocker
06-02-2009, 11:43 PM

yup .. we gotta beat Montreal to invoke the first tiebreaker.

but then it goes to the next one

Pachuco

Yes, we beat them and they beat us.

rocker
Played like crap: Dichio, Harmse, Ricketts, Brennan, Barrett, DeRo

Only players who put in any effort: Cronin, Nana, Vitti

Serioux put in effort.

BC101
06-02-2009, 11:44 PM
this wouold be where the newspaper tifo they did in columbus would be more appropriate....we need to show FO we aren't happy
Expectations of peoples disappointment are TOO high this will never happen believe me i've been around Red patch long enough to know.

ExiledRed
Barrett's miss early in the second half (the sitter that he headed directly into the goalie's belly) is simply unacceptable from a professional footballer. Yes, he works hard and all of that, but the bottom line is he wastes far too many opportunities in front of goal.

Out of this disaster must come some good....this team and/or management has shown itself to be wanting. Something must be changed.

He doesn't just waste shots, he wastes good plays, he makes soft passes to the other team, he doesn't read the game at all.

He squanders the ball whenever he has it, and he makes our other players look worse, why he gets time is beyond me.

jloome
Hi Mo Johnston:

Bingo.

We have a team loaded with technical players, some of whom have level egos and some of whom don't, but few of whom has a soccer IQ above about 90.

DeRo was truly, absolutely god-awful tonight. Vitti actually played really, really well, but didn't finish. Barrett was dreadful. Danny was immobile and useless against the only defender around bigger than him, Wesley Charles (who, along with Ansou Touray, is fair evidence that Mo and his agent buddy both need to take a long jump off a shorting fucking dock.)

I don't blame Cummins, although not accounting for Charles' ability to shut down dichio or exploiting the relatively slow vancouver backline by playing three inside was just mental. But he plays with the players he's got, and they're just not good enough. After three years, that's on Mo.

ExiledRed
06-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Serioux put in effort.

I agree with this.

Him and Nana prevented it from being a fucking massacre.

sully
but fuck it I'll be there in Montreal and I'll expect them to bust their fucking balls even though it may mean nothing

"bust their balls?" - why would they? as a team they obviously don't give a damn..Vancouver had better heart tonight and wanted to win a lot more than Toronto. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Whoop
Yes, we beat them and they beat us.

1. Most points in all group matchs;
2. If two or more teams are tied, then the team with the greatest number of points in matches featuring tied teams;
3. If teams are still tied, then the greater goal difference in matches featuring tied teams;

Redcoe15
06-02-2009, 11:46 PM
BULL-
FUCKING-
SHIT!!!!!

:mad: :cuss: :mad5::incazzato::hulk: :banghead: :prrr:

WE ARE GOING TO BE TROPHYLESS
AGAIN!!!!!

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

Skinner
not neccesarily blaming him on the goals, although the soft tip to the side on the first is very questionable...just saying he doesn't have it....can't organize a back line, can't distribute worth shit....a sub par keeper to go with a sub par team and effort tonight

billyfly
Just got back from Joe's and I am gutted.

The game is about scoring goals and f**k we don't seem able to do that.

McFly

This.

Stiggy
Cummins should also be blamed for the loss. Why play with 4 strikers. (Even if Dero was in the mid he was invisible and always pushing up) and 3 holding mids, and 3 defenders? what is the point when all that was required is a tie or even a shitty goal would do. Midfiled battle was lost in a game where holding the advantage was required, and they chocked.

aboyandhisdog
06-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Brown bag on Saturday. REAL kit in August. Might as well report me...my tickets will be on Craigslist every game in between and afterwards. No MLSE-owned team has a chance. Ciao!

phonzo
"bust their balls?" - why would they? as a team they obviously don't give a damn..Vancouver had better heart tonight and wanted to win a lot more than Toronto. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm currently attempting to be optimistic and hope they realize how badly they fucked up and for that at least try to play in Montreal :p

boysblue
He doesn't just waste shots, he wastes good plays, he makes soft passes to the other team, he doesn't read the game at all.

He squanders the ball whenever he has it, and he makes our other players look worse, why he gets time is beyond me.

Fair enough....he does have one heavy touch on the ball.

Pachuco
1. Most points in all group matchs;
2. If two or more teams are tied, then the team with the greatest number of points in matches featuring tied teams;
3. If teams are still tied, then the greater goal difference in matches featuring tied teams;

Right, so the first tie breaker is head to head. We beat them and they beat us. That's all I was saying. So if we beat Montreal 4-0 we are through.

mclaren
06-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Don't worry guys...what is that mantra that some people spout on here...oh, yes, Mo has a five year plan! Not to worry.

Pachuco
06-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Losing the CC championship the first year is bad. Losing it a second year and people have to be held accountable. I fully expect something to happen very soon. I don't give a fuck who goes, someone has to go.

s2cazz
06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Don't worry guys...what is that mantra that some people spout on here...oh, yes, Mo has a five year plan! Not to worry.
I though it was 5 game?

he promises too win 5 games a season

MG42
06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
The last time we scored 4 goals in a game was june 17 2007 against FC Dallas

goal scorers that day;

Edu
Dichio
Robinson
Cunny

s2cazz
06-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Expectations of peoples disappointment are TOO high this will never happen believe me i've been around Red patch long enough to know.
unfortunately this is why we will always be a dog and pony show

Naturegirl
Brown bag on Saturday. REAL kit in August. Might as well report me...my tickets will be on Craigslist every game in between and afterwards. No MLSE-owned team has a chance. Ciao!

yup, i think 5000 papers over our heads in the south end will show our disgust nicely. i'm bringing mine. anyone need any?

TFC is NOT eliminated. I don't think it's likely, but, notice from CSA's website, that the head-to-head goal diff ONLY APPLIES IF MORE THAN TWO TEAMS ARE TIED!!!!

The Tie-Breaking Criteria are determined in the following order:
1. Most points in all group matches
2. Greater # of points in matches between the teams concerned
3. Greater goal difference in matches between the teams concerned (if more than two teams finish equal on points) **
4. Greater # of goals scored in matches among the teams concerned (if more than two teams finish equal on points) **
5. Results from all group matches
a) greater goal difference in all group matches
b) greater # of goals scored in all group matches
6. Drawing of lots
**Tie-Breaker criteria # 3 & 4 are not applicable as only two teams are mathematically eligible to win the 2009 Nutrilite Canadian Championship.

Based on these criteria the following three scenarios are possible:

#1 – Toronto FC win or draw tonight. Toronto FC win the Nutrilite Canadian Championship.

A win would put Toronto on 9 points, an insurmountable lead as Tuesday is Vancouver’s final match in the 2009 tournament. If the match ends in a draw both teams would have 7 points, however Toronto would be the champion based on having a greater number of points in the two matches played between themselves and Vancouver. Toronto (1-1-0 4 points) compared to Vancouver (0-1-1 1 point).

#2 – Vancouver Whitecaps FC win tonight. Vancouver finishes with 9 points.

This scenario would force Toronto to defeat the Impact de Montréal in the final match of the tournament on 18 June in Montréal to draw even with Vancouver on 9 points. A loss or a draw for Toronto in the 18 June match would see Vancouver crowned champions.

#3 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC win tonight. Toronto FC defeats Montréal on 18 June. Both teams finish the Championship even on 9 points.

The first two Tie-Breaker Criteria of total points in group play and total points in matches between teams concerned would not separate the two teams. Tie-Breaker criteria three and four are not applicable as these Tie-Breakers only apply if more than two teams finish equal on points. The next applicable criteria is goal differential from all group matches (both clubs currently have a +2 goal differential). If the final goal differential is equal the next applicable criteria is number of goals scored in all group matches (currently Vancouver leads this category with 3 goals scored compared to Toronto’s 2). Finally, if the two clubs are equal in all criteria a drawing of lots would occur to decide the 2009 Nutrilite Champion.

aboyandhisdog
06-02-2009, 11:54 PM
let's do it. brown bags throughout the south end. let's get them out there!

s2cazz
06-02-2009, 11:54 PM
I miss Carver...just thought I would throw that out there...

atleast we would be watching an interview with him calling the team and its players an embarassment right now....he'd probably even call Mo out by now

Shway
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Dreamer

Lucky Strike

I know you're being sarcastic, but this needs to be added anyway: FUCK MO AND FUCK HIS FIVE YEAR PLAN! SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO UP TO HIS OFFICE, KICK THE DOOR DOWN AND PULL THAT CHEAP GRAY SUIT OVER HIS HEAD, THEN DRAG HIM OUT TO THE STREET AND THROW HIM OUT FOREVER. IF HE'S LUCKY, PEOPLE WILL HAVE PITY ON HIM AND THROW HIM SCRAPS OF FOOD.

I've literally never been so angry in my entire life.

daner90
Tonights loss just makes our 4-0 win over Montreal on the 18th that much more epic!!

who i am I kidding we are screwed...

Lennon
06-02-2009, 11:56 PM
It's all Barett's fault ... let's recap all his missed chances

1. Was through on a 1 vs1 in Vancouver game but took a terrible touch and couldnt get a shot off
2. The 1 vs 1 in Montreal game ....
3. Free header into open net today
4. Another free header ..
5. Pathetic attempt at a half volley .. missed the ball completely
5. Another free header .. actually hit the target this time .. BUT STRAIGHT AT THE FUCKING KEEPER :incazzato:

like I said before TFC will not win anything as long as this so called "striker" is starting ... a hard working cunny w/ no finish ...

Toronto Ruffrider
06-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Losing the CC championship the first year is bad. Losing it a second year and people have to be held accountable. I fully expect something to happen very soon. I don't give a fuck who goes, someone has to go.

This just in, Bitchy has been fired. Let the squirrels run wild on our Fisher Price pitch.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-02-2009, 11:57 PM
is it time to make FC United of Toronto :p?

You know, you might be onto something. Time to raise $40 million...

jloome
06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
To be short it can be summed up as incompetent.

But we saw the same problems again in this game that we've seen with this core of players again and again:

1. Arrogant play: On numerous occasions, we were just too cute and lost the ball. On two different plays, Barrett tried to nutmeg defenders when he had much easier, more productive opportunities. Both Vitti and DeRo blistered shots on the fly from 35 yards when they had open players wide; Brennan and Nana got caught out on several occasions trying to switch the play some 70 yards from one back corner to the opposite front corner.

It was arrogant. We played like we think we're hotshit.

2. Our movement was truly godawful, beginning with a basic inability to hold up the ball and followed by an inability to make supporting runs. If none of our players can play with the back to goal, we can't build up deliberately on offense and control our chances, instead of just creating them from pure technique.

3. Vitti is underrated. Badly. He needs his confidence back, perhaps, but more likely he just needs to move to midfield. He's better playing further from goal, where he can beat players to create overall space and breakup defenseive shape, then dish off through balls, like the nice one to Dero in the first half.

4. In keeping with the lack of movement, we were constantly impatient in the offensive end, instead of taking advantage of vancouver's second-half fatigue to work the ball into a better opportunity.

5. The team obviously has zero confidence that it can score, with the likely exception of Guevara. If Mo can't, or won't, sign a regular clinical finisher (or isn't fired, as he probably should be at this point) we might as well move him upfront. At least we know he can finish and create chances, and we already have enough players fulfilling the role of occasionally-entertaining-but-ineffective-midfield-magician.

6. Direct, aggressive, passionate soccer. We play the wrong style for north america, where aggression, physical prowess and tenacity simply dominate the game. We need more of that, more movement, more forcing the other team to make a tackle. We saw very little of that tonight. Vitti did it, with some success, and DeRo did it, with almost no success. But that's about it.

Again, it has to be said: players like Ansu Touray are not hard to find. We just have an incompetent front office.

mclaren
06-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I know you're being sarcastic, but this needs to be added anyway: FUCK MO AND FUCK HIS FIVE YEAR PLAN! SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO UP TO HIS OFFICE, KICK THE DOOR DOWN AND PULL THAT CHEAP GRAY SUIT OVER HIS HEAD, THEN DRAG HIM OUT TO THE STREET AND THROW HIM OUT FOREVER. IF HE'S LUCKY, PEOPLE WILL HAVE PITY ON HIM AND THROW HIM SCRAPS OF FOOD.

I've literally never been so angry in my entire life.

The problem is that Mo and MLSE protected him from a level of criticism once he stopped being coach. Now he can just blame Cummins. Unfortunately I think he is a big reason for our failings - Time for him to go!

mclaren
06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
What is our record when Guevara doesn't play? Seems creativity goes out of the window when he's absent.

stretchthetruth
I hope all the players have a great night partying in Vancouver while I cry myself to sleep

+1 i'm completely gutted.

Naturegirl
let's do it. brown bags throughout the south end. let's get them out there!

i am most definitely bringing tons and will hand them out to whoever wants them.

we can't sing for nothing forever. i think 5000 paper bags or so does the trick. disgraceful game.

mclaren
06-03-2009, 12:01 AM

But we saw the same problems again in this game that we've seen with this core of players again and again:

1. Arrogant play: On numerous occasions, we were just too cute and lost the ball. On two different plays, Barrett tried to nutmeg defenders when he had much easier, more productive opportunities. Both Vitti and DeRo blistered shots on the fly from 35 yards when they had open players wide; Brennan and Nana got caught out on several occasions trying to switch the play some 70 yards from one back corner to the opposite front corner.

2. Our movement was truly godawful, beginning with a basic inability to hold up the ball and followed by an inability to make supporting runs. If none of our players can play with the back to ball, we can't build up deliberately on offense and control our chances, instead of just creating them from pure technique.

3. Vitti is underrated. Badly. He needs his confidence back, perhaps, but more likely he just needs to move to midfield. He's better playing further from goal, where he can beat players to create overall space and breakup defenseive shape, then dish off through balls, like the nice one to Dero in the first half.

4. In keeping with the lack of movement, we were constantly impatient in the offensive end, instead of taking advantage of vancouver's second-half fatigue to work the ball into a better opportunity.

5. The team obviously has zero confidence that it can score, with the likely exception of Guevara. If Mo can't, or won't, sign a regular clinical finisher (or isn't fired, as he probably should be at this point) we might as well move him upfront. At least we know he can finish and create chances, and we already have enough players fulfilling the role of occasionally-entertaining-but-ineffective-midfield-magician.

6. Direct, aggressive, passionate soccer. We play the wrong style for north america, where aggression, physical prowess and tenacity simply dominate the game. We need more of that, more movement, more forcing the other team to make a tackle. We saw very little of that tonight. Vitti did it, with some success, and DeRo did it, with almost no success. But that's about it.

Again, it has to be said: players like Ansu Touray are not hard to find. We just have an incompetent front office.

Agree with 3. Vitti is one of our most talented players. He just needs confidence. He seems to not be getting the breaks right now but once he gets his first goal more will follow. He is one of our few players who tries to beat people and us his creativity. He also works like a dog.

Cristiano14
06-03-2009, 12:02 AM
You know, you might be onto something. Time to raise $40 million...

How much does A CSL team cost? It could easily be done

jloome
06-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Plus, the CSL is planning to go national within the next couple of years.

Cristiano14
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM

I think we might be on to something hahaha

s2cazz
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
according to Ben Knight's interview with the prez $150 000

Waggy
06-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I've stuck by a few guys for quite some time. Willing to give the benefit of the doubt. But Mo, its been 3 years. Our 'rebuilt' offense doesn't work. Obrien White won't magically fix everything. We have big bucks tied up in USELESS fucks of players. Barrett, man I've supported you all this time, but you know what? You're starting to look like a Cunny. You give effort to be sure, but if you don't accomplish anything with it, well then I don't know what to tell you.

That said, Vitti and Nana today proved a LOT to me. I thought they both played out of their freaking minds. Esp Nana. He broke up at least 4 or 5 one on one chances/breaks. He was a beast all over the defensive end, cleaning up Brennans mistakes all game. But the big piss off for me: YOU DON'T START LAUNCHING THE BALL FORWARD EVERY TIME YOU GET POSSESSION WITH 7 MINUTES LEFT! BUILD A FUCKING ATTACK! GAIN POSSESSION! WHY ARE YOU FUCKS JUST LAUNCHING IT TO VANCOUVER!! WHAT THE FUCK!

To mlsintoronto: I'm embarrased to have walked around all day in this jersey. Give us SOMETHING. A chance, hope, a striker, a new GM, ANYTHING. You win some you lose some, but losing like THIS, with that kind of pathetic effort, the effort we're becoming used to seeing, is just disgusting. We just got bitch slapped all over the pitch by a team we already dominated for 90 min (yet were STILL only able to come away with one fucking goal). FUCK

Could 150 supporters raise 1000 each?! I'd be willing if others are down.... and since BMO field is so conviniently owned by the city NOT mlse....

s2cazz
06-03-2009, 12:07 AM
my cousin was at the game... atleast he got on TV....

Cristiano14
06-03-2009, 12:07 AM
according to Ben Knight's interview with the prez $150 000

thats not that bad

skypilot69
06-03-2009, 12:09 AM

100% with that

Cummins is a great lap dog for MLS, MLSE and for "Good Old Mo".

aboyandhisdog
06-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Hand them out with a Sharpie. Everyone needs to write in big black bold letters, COULDN'T SCORE IN A BROTHEL!

Waggy
06-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Say we, the entire RPB bought the team, what about additional expenses? Things like stadium rent, coaching, salaries, all the start up costs? Any creative accountants out there? lol. We can have King Dave as our spokesperson for the club. With that kind of press, who needs mlse machine lol

ExiledRed
06-03-2009, 12:11 AM

2. Our movement was truly godawful, beginning with a basic inability to hold up the ball and followed by an inability to make supporting runs. If none of our players can play with the back to goal, we can't build up deliberately on offense and control our chances, instead of just creating them from pure technique.

You're bang on,

Every time we try to do something clever, it goes fucking wrong.

Also, we talk about how bad our finishing is, but every time the ball leaves one of our players feet its 50/50 who gets it next. Our passing is atrocious.

Cristiano14
I've stuck by a few guys for quite some time. Willing to give the benefit of the doubt. But Mo, its been 3 years. Our 'rebuilt' offense doesn't work. Obrien White won't magically fix everything. We have big bucks tied up in USELESS fucks of players. Barrett, man I've supported you all this time, but you know what? You're starting to look like a Cunny. You give effort to be sure, but if you don't accomplish anything with it, well then I don't know what to tell you.

That said, Vitti and Nana today proved a LOT to me. I thought they both played out of their freaking minds. Esp Nana. He broke up at least 4 or 5 one on one chances/breaks. He was a beast all over the defensive end, cleaning up Brennans mistakes all game. But the big piss off for me: YOU DON'T START LAUNCHING THE BALL FORWARD EVERY TIME YOU GET POSSESSION WITH 7 MINUTES LEFT! BUILD A FUCKING ATTACK! GAIN POSSESSION! WHY ARE YOU FUCKS JUST LAUNCHING IT TO VANCOUVER!! WHAT THE FUCK!

To mlsintoronto: I'm embarrased to have walked around all day in this jersey. Give us SOMETHING. A chance, hope, a striker, a new GM, ANYTHING. You win some you lose some, but losing like THIS, with that kind of pathetic effort, the effort we're becoming used to seeing, is just disgusting. We just got bitch slapped all over the pitch by a team we already dominated for 90 min (yet were STILL only able to come away with one fucking goal). FUCK

Could 150 supporters raise 1000 each?! I'd be willing if others are down.... and since BMO field is so conviniently owned by the city NOT mlse....
I'm willing
anyone else?

s2cazz
You know who really made the difference today in my mind... it was Marvell Wynne... He always impresses me and I really think he is an important asset to the team... he's just all over the field and probably the fastest guy in the mls...

flame on... i know I'll catch a little heat for this one

Toronto Ruffrider

Well, if the CSL ever gets an entry spot into the NCC, TFC better look out.

s2cazz
06-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm willing
anyone else?
count me in

Lennon
06-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm willing
anyone else?

I can do it ... so we got 3 ... 147 more people and we're set

RPB FC representing Canada in the Concacaf Champions League ... would be epic

Toronto Ruffrider
06-03-2009, 12:14 AM

This excerpt jumped out at me, and you're bang on. Craig Forrest also noticed this, as he said that the Vancouver players kept the game simple. It's not rocket science, but tic-tac-toe is a much simpler game to play than Risk.

Waggy
06-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Started a seperate thread for the CSL team. lets get it done!
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=14039

Dub Narcotic
06-03-2009, 12:19 AM
You know who really made the difference today in my mind... it was Marvell Wynne... He always impresses me and I really think he is an important asset to the team... he's just all over the field and probably the fastest guy in the mls...

flame on... i know I'll catch a little heat for this one

I'm with you. Wynne brings a physicality and athleticism to the game that no one else on the team has. He also tends to break the shape of teams with his movement as he's the only guy who really gets up the wing and attacks. You can just tell the team looks better when he's around and he tends to create a lot of chances, even if they are haphazard.

jloome
06-03-2009, 12:23 AM
I'll repost this from another thread because I think the point needs to be made. WHen you're fighting the good fight, you don't offer your opponent an unfair advantage. MLSE is behaving like it's the fans' opponent.

I have to assume that by tomorrow Jack, being the enterprising guy he is, will be delegating plans for some type of in-game protest.

I'm by no means a shrink, but I've been interviewing people for a long time. And I've been studying media for a long time. MLS and Toronto FC's head office are well aware that the community buy-in, the party atmosphere and bleeding-TFC passionate support, is crucial to the product staying profitable.

So you turn off their tap. Not by not going, but by taking down the atmosphere: right now, about one-third of the crowd are the real die-hards that sing, chant, drive the passion of the day, and draw in the remainder of the ticket holders. It's a weekly event in Toronto a much as it is football, just as is the case in England.

So take away that event atmosphere. Don't chant. Dont' sing. Don't praise them EVEN WHEN THEY SCORE. Make it clear that this is larger than placating the fans with one win on the trot, one week of effort, professionalism, drive and intelligence.

Make it clear, as the supporters that drive this team's existence as a profitable entity, that you can seriously affect that.

Don't spend any more money on concessions or merchandise for the rest of the season. Don't create the atmosphere. And make it known through public display (banners work nicely) that we want either a DP striker, major roster changes to drive efficacy, or numerous heads on a plate, starting with Mo.

Naturegirl
06-03-2009, 12:37 AM
I'll repost this from another thread because I think the point needs to be made. WHen you're fighting the good fight, you don't offer your opponent an unfair advantage. MLSE is behaving like it's the fans' opponent.

I have to assume that by tomorrow Jack, being the enterprising guy he is, will be delegating plans for some type of in-game protest.

I'm by no means a shrink, but I've been interviewing people for a long time. And I've been studying media for a long time. MLS and Toronto FC's head office are well aware that the community buy-in, the party atmosphere and bleeding-TFC passionate support, is crucial to the product staying profitable.

So you turn off their tap. Not by not going, but by taking down the atmosphere: right now, about one-third of the crowd are the real die-hards that sing, chant, drive the passion of the day, and draw in the remainder of the ticket holders. It's a weekly event in Toronto a much as it is football, just as is the case in England.

So take away that event atmosphere. Don't chant. Dont' sing. Don't praise them EVEN WHEN THEY SCORE. Make it clear that this is larger than placating the fans with one win on the trot, one week of effort, professionalism, drive and intelligence.

Make it clear, as the supporters that drive this team's existence as a profitable entity, that you can seriously affect that.

Don't spend any more money on concessions or merchandise for the rest of the season. Don't create the atmosphere. And make it known through public display (banners work nicely) that we want either a DP striker, major roster changes to drive efficacy, or numerous heads on a plate, starting with Mo.

yup.

SweetOwnGoal
06-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Sober Second Thoughts (http://www.24thminute.com/2009/06/sober-second-thoughts-cigar-is-just.html)

I have no more energy to talk about this.

jazz_trumpet
06-03-2009, 01:21 AM
So they lost. Shut the fuck up. You sound like little bitches. OMG I H8 TFC!! Fuck off. What kind of fan says that?

Honestly. It's hard to read this forum sometimes. Excuse me if I'm coming off as harsh, I am drunk. But seriously guys, relax.

It's just a fucking game!

twistedchinaman
06-03-2009, 01:30 AM
So they lost. Shut the fuck up. You sound like little bitches. OMG I H8 TFC!! Fuck off. What kind of fan says that?

Honestly. It's hard to read this forum sometimes. Excuse me if I'm coming off as harsh, I am drunk. But seriously guys, relax.

It's just a fucking game!

Easy for you to say.

raul10
06-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Easy for you to say.

not wrong, it is easy to say, unless you were at swanguard as i was last night and took a verbal beating from all the small-town minor-league team fans. but he's not wrong, i. for one, am still waving the tfc flag and as i said to my fellow tfc fans at the park after the game "see you in seattle". bigger fish to fry this year!

Keystone FC
06-03-2009, 04:38 AM
not wrong, it is easy to say, unless you were at swanguard as i was last night and took a verbal beating from all the small-town minor-league team fans. but he's not wrong, i. for one, am still waving the tfc flag and as i said to my fellow tfc fans at the park after the game "see you in seattle". bigger fish to fry this year!

YES ! YES! That's what we need right now. Perspective. No matter what comes our way we still need to represent TFC even if the players did a lousy job last night.
Just think of the supporters for clubs in Italy, France, England who KNOW they will never reach the pinnacle of Premiership or even challenge for a cup.

MFG1
06-03-2009, 04:49 AM
hahaha boys! Its the start of the summer suck show! Lets hope they can keep it to lower amount of losses in a row than last year or the year before. We are no longer an expansion team, We are a team that fits the MLSE model from the top down. Ya win some , ya lose some, but gosh darn it you have the best fans in the country. WHo wants more blue kool aid???@

SoccMan
06-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Well keep waving your flag dude, in a few years if this keeps up it will be you and a bunch of empty seats at BMO cheering the team on, if you think Crew stadium is empty on game days wait a few more seasons and BMO will be just as bad, this is pro soccer we are talking about in Toronto not hockey where even though your crap the fans always turn out, not soccer my friend just wait and see!

Fort Rouillé Toronto
06-03-2009, 06:13 AM
What a disaster. What a totally bloody awful disaster.
Where do we go from here?

No goals
No finish
No attack
No possession
No good passing
No control of opposition attack

No show

Will this team ever live up to what it's builders seem to think they put together?

These past two games don't show us a good future.

Unfortunately I feel somewhat like last year, after we lost to this same team.

Winning by more than 4 goals in Montreal does not seem likely, as scoring is one of our biggest problems.

stu!
06-03-2009, 06:16 AM
There was one guy on here the other night that was hoping they would lose so they could win it in Montreal. I'm sure he's a happy guy.... and a twit.