PDA

View Full Version : Crew GM ..Warns Nordecke!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Not sure if its been posted....if it has please remove! :)

Throwing objects on the pitch..I agree %100 ban the foooookers!.....but this one's a little much! Those who throw objects or participate in organized chants with profanity will be removed from the stadium and could be subjected to additional penalties. If the behavior persists, our next course of action will be to limit sales in the supporters sections.

Discuss!

Dear Crew Fans,
I have received numerous emails and letters from fans complaining about the language emanating from the supporters section. We have communicated the standards, policies and expectations of fan behavior to the supporters group leadership. We have used signage, flyers, public address announcements and the media to communicate that throwing objects onto the field and the organized chanting of profanity will not be tolerated. The core supporters have been cooperative, understand our position and have worked to assist us in communicating and influencing this undesired behavior. Unfortunately, the situation has continued and, in fact, seems to be escalating.
In 2008, the Nordecke emerged as a strong asset that provided energy and enthusiasm in the stadium. The players fed off that energy and the atmosphere contributed to our team’s home field advantage. Unfortunately, in 2009, the unacceptable behavior has become a detriment to the in-stadium environment and has negatively impacted the experience for many fans, especially young people who attend our games. This behavior neither supports the team nor contributes to our home-field advantage. Numerous fans have let me know in no uncertain terms that they will not attend another Crew match until the situation is resolved. The image of the stadium and the club has been compromised and this can not be allowed to continue.
Moving forward, we will continue to increase our security and crowd management presence in the supporters sections. Those who throw objects or participate in organized chants with profanity will be removed from the stadium and could be subjected to additional penalties. If the behavior persists, our next course of action will be to limit sales in the supporters sections. This would be an unfortunate course of action but one that would be necessary to ensure the positive image of the organization and the enjoyment of the match for all fans.
As always, I welcome your feedback.
Sincerest regards,
Mark E. McCullers
President & General Manager
Columbus Crew
Crew Stadium

Brooker
06-02-2009, 08:20 PM
i think it's posted in the Toronto FC section.

somebody was saying we should help them. pffft.

Carts
06-02-2009, 08:21 PM
There's a thread about this already "support the nordeck" or something like that...

I'll alert the mods who can merge/close etc...

No worries...
Carts...

ExiledRed
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
The image of the stadium and the club has been compromised!

And here I was, thinking that would be a good thing.

ExiledRed
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
How can they limit sales?

Talk about retarded business practises.

This team really needs to be parceled up and moved to another town. I say let it happen and don't interfere. The Crew will be no loss to this league.

TFC_Chris
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13998

My first thought of course was "Beggers can't be choosers"...

Carts
06-02-2009, 08:25 PM
GUY PLEASE DISCUSS IN THIS THREAD BELOW...

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13998

I don't the tools to close/move this - but there is already a thread going...

Thanks boys/girls...
Carts...

Oldtimer
06-02-2009, 09:02 PM
closed