PDA

View Full Version : All Star Game Voting

Inswingingwingman
06-02-2008, 05:52 AM
Every member is voting at least 10 times a day for our guys right?

:canada::cheers:

RealG-TFC
06-02-2008, 05:54 AM
What, who specifically/?

Inswingingwingman
06-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Vote for TFC players here, and well, others if you MUST.

http://www.mlsnet.com/mls/events/all_star/2008/ballot/register.jsp

You can vote over and over again. I should write a bot...LOL

BigLou
06-02-2008, 06:20 AM
I voted for one XI that had sutton, Dichio, Guevara and robert. I know the players have a financial incentive to be selected for the game but I don't really want any TFC players injuring themselves that day. We have a lot of games coming up so we need all our guys focused and healthy. IMHO

Inswingingwingman
06-02-2008, 06:28 AM
I think you gotta vote for enough guys to keep the cheers going.
I see your point.
But hell, if you all voted 20 times a day like I'm doing we would show fans how we support our team.

I got a 37 Hight Def Tv and hook my keyboard amp and jack the sound and wear a jersey and drink beer, but I WANT to go.

ExiledRed
06-02-2008, 09:02 AM

Are you kidding me?

The All star game is a waste of time, especially given that they could have had an international break instead.

The less TFC players playing on a makeshift team, going at it against West Ham on field turf the better.

stugautz
06-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Why can't I vote Lombardo on the team? I'd think it'd be hilarious if we could get him in as a write in candidate!

devioustrevor
06-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't even bother. If the MLS All-Star game was like the other major North American leagues and the fans actually did choose the starters it would be different. If every person in Canada voted all the TFC players 10 times a day for the next month each player would have received almost 10 Billion votes, but MLS would still only put 2, maybe 3 TFC players on the roster.

Oldtimer
06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't even bother. If the MLS All-Star game was like the other major North American leagues and the fans actually did choose the starters it would be different. If every person in Canada voted all the TFC players 10 times a day for the next month each player would have received almost 10 Billion votes, but MLS would still only put 2, maybe 3 TFC players on the roster.

Fans count for 25% of the votes. In other words, fan votes don't really count.

giambac
06-02-2008, 01:53 PM

Wrong,

I vote for the guys who derve to be there.

For TFC that means

Wynn
Guevera and Sutton.

I'm a TFC fan but I want to see the best palyers at each position and the palyers who dereve to be there.

Marco2K
06-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Are you kidding me?

The All star game is a waste of time, especially given that they could have had an international break instead.

The less TFC players playing on a makeshift team, going at it against West Ham on field turf the better.

I agree with this guy. I voted once and read that the votes only have a 25% value.

FUCK THAT.

Im selling my All star tickets to the highest bidder.

shwade
06-02-2008, 04:39 PM
where's DeRo?

Nvm- found him.

Hooligan69
06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Just submitted my votes. Thanks for the link.

Inswingingwingman
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
So there you are, sitting at you locker, and you find out that YOU are NOT an all-star because the fans (aka Red Patch Boys) decided that a game in Toronto should not include YOU.

Nice. Why don't you drop in and ask to see the player and tell him face to face that you think he's wasting his time? He's shouldn't play. You think he should go for a Nap and miss the game on his home turf.

Some guys have bonuses for getting into the game.

Some guys would want to be there.

Some of you are afraid that you might have to cheer Landon on...LOL

So maybe you should have the team publish who is willing to play, and who wants to go to KFC for some hot wings?

I know some guys don't want to go, but being voted on and then declining is way different from the fans deciding not to support you.

Inswingingwingman
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
OH, and if all the loyal TFC supporters sell their tickets to some don't care guy you think that's going to look good on international TV?

The game should resemble every other game, streamers, smoke bombs, streakers (topless canadian women cause that's legal LOL), and chanting/singing.

No sense doing any of that if you don't vote some guys on.

ilikemusic
06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Seeing as fan votes count for only 25% of the decision process (or some bullshit like that) youre only wasting your time voting.

Inswingingwingman
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Well you don't count for any of the scoring at a game so stay home? You don't decide who plays so stay home?

Some really flawed logic there.

Inswingingwingman
06-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Where's the moderator's position on this?

If you really don't care who plays at BMO, why did you show up last year..???

The bottom line is is if you are a real supporter you will show up and cheer and show the other teams that TFC has the #1 fans.

Azerban
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I'm not MLS's monkey, and I'm not going to dance for them to show anyone anything. I know we're the best, I don't need to prove it at a dumbass retarded excuse for someone to get injured/scouting trip like the prestigious AllStar Game is.

I'm definitely not going to be singing for a bunch of cunts I hate and another bunch of cunts I couldn't care less about. I may even sit and just enjoy the game for what it is. I even hope TFC doesn't have a single player elected, just so they can get some rest during a busy July. I mean, it's two days after our game with Montreal, what's really more important?

werewolf
06-03-2008, 09:35 PM
We should cheer for West Ham, and whatever TFC players are in the match (and maybe DeRo) while jeering and booing all other MLS players.

Cashcleaner
06-04-2008, 02:30 AM
The MLS All-Star match in it's current format is a bit of a joke, but that's not gonna stop me from voting. Nor should it for anyone else on this board. A vote for a TFC player means we're throwing our support behind and saying that we think they're good enough to represent out entire league.

It doesn't matter what you think of the game itself, what sort of competition we face, or what the potential risks are for fielding players. Inswingingwingman has hit the nail on the head. This poll has a lot more to do with showing how much we support our team than anything else.

Inswingingwingman
06-04-2008, 11:25 AM
If anything the all star game should be about taking the fan support to a level never seen before. This is a chance to prove who has the #1 fan base. Staying away, selling your ticket to some one without leather lungs, no streamers, no drum, no smoke bomb, makes no sense.

Everyone makes a big deal about this and that, but maybe we should all vote for some opposition players who hate the surface. That would conflict them big time, they'd want to play, but wouldn't want to.

Now there needs to be some chants developed for the game....pro MLS....contra the competition.

If, as most claim, "this is our house", they should ensure that we get players and support in the stands to back up that claim. Put in your votes, party, and show the rest of the world that MLS + TFC + Toronto fans = #1, Numero Uno, Le vrai chose!

Wagner
06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
does anyone else not really care about all-star voting knowing that it counts for 25% at best?
and the league ultimately picks who they want.

juki
06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Why isn't Dichio in the top ten????!!!!...being a London boy, I'm sure he would love to give it to the hammers