PDA

View Full Version : Line-up vs. Vancouver

daner90
06-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Anyone want to take a guess at the formation we will see out on the pitch for TFC tonight in this historic match?

Sutton (if Frei is still hurting)

Attakora Serioux Velez Brennan
Cronin Robinson Ricketts
Barret Dichio Dero

Steve
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Anyone want to take a guess at the formation we will see out on the pitch for TFC tonight in this historic match?

Sutton (if Frei is still hurting)

Attakora Serioux Velez Brennan
Cronin Robinson Ricketts
Barret Dichio Dero

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Ricketts being our main attacking player in the midfield, especially for such an important game. I'd rather see DeRo slotting in front of Cronin and Robinson, and Vitti playing up top with Dichio and Barrett.

Frank Costanza
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Honestly, I'm not a fan of Ricketts being our main attacking player in the midfield, especially for such an important game. I'd rather see DeRo slotting in front of Cronin and Robinson, and Vitti playing up top with Dichio and Barrett.

i like that alot better, we need to get vitti involved and confident
when we do make the champions league and play more central american and mexican teams, vittis southamerican flare along with guavarras will be huge, no time like the present to get the kids confidence up

not hating on ricketts, love the man, but i like vitti in this game

menefreghista
06-02-2009, 12:57 PM
The Star predicted this line up:

Frei; Serioux, Velez, Brennan, Attakora; Robinson, Cronin, Vitti, De Rosario; Barrett, Dichio

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/643894

Of course, Frei might not be in there.

Pachuco
06-02-2009, 01:03 PM
The Star predicted this line up:

Frei; Serioux, Velez, Brennan, Attakora; Robinson, Cronin, Vitti, De Rosario; Barrett, Dichio

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/643894

Of course, Frei might not be in there.

I really like this lineup. I don't see a reason to start Ricketts. Maybe second half action again.

brad
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I have a feeling that Harmse will be in - perhaps in place of Robbo (heard somewhere he has a concussion)

daner90
06-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Good call on the vitti rickets switch, I am never to good prediticting line-ups

T_Mizz
06-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I'd love to see that but I have a feeling it'll be barrett 50 cal, Dichio, DeRo up top with Robbo, Cronin and Harmse in the midfield

Brooker
06-02-2009, 01:52 PM

+1

please say this is what Cummins goes with.

kitchener-TFC
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
----------------------Frei-----------------------
Attakora------Serioux-------Velez--------Brennan
---------------------Robinson-------------------
-----------Cronin----------------Ricketts--------
----------------------DeRo----------------------
-----------------Vitti--------Dichio

Evaluate how Ricketts is doing after 45. If he's underperforming, put in Barrett as striker (essentially going to a 4-3-3).
Yay or Nay?

rocker
06-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Ricketts had a goal there last year.... maybe his shoes like the grass.

jloome
06-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Giving a guy a chance to prove himself while the chip is on his shoulder is often a good idea. I'd see this as a good game to start ricketts.

NateDoGG
06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
im leaving work an hour early just to catch the first 30 mins :D

Bobo
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Giving a guy a chance to prove himself while the chip is on his shoulder is often a good idea. I'd see this as a good game to start ricketts.

Or it can be a bad idea. Huge game, I don't want to have to depend on that dude. I'd rather put my faith in Vitti, who has over another season of failing to get to where Rohan is standing. No use changing formations either, definitely not for a game with so much importance. I had my fill of experimental failures on Saturday.

jloome
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Official devil's advocate lineup, as I think Vancouver will be expecting/countering a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 variant:

-------------Sutton ---------------
Velez---Attakora---Serioux---Brennan
----------Robbo-----Cronin------------
Barrett-----------------------Ricketts
-----------Danny-------DeRo---------------

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
give the MAN a his shot!!! ... lets see if he mean what he sayS!

I hope I can be involved in the biggest game in torontos history so far... I am hungry for a medal8:37 AM Jun 1st (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1992358347) from web

[NBF]
06-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Official devil's advocate lineup, as I think Vancouver will be expecting/countering a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 variant:

I think our best line up is this: 4-3-2-1

---------------------------Frei--------------------------
Wynne---------Velez-------------- Serioux---------Brennan
Attakora-------Harmse------------Harmse----------Gala-
----------------------------------------------------------
----------Cronin--------Robinson------Guevara-----------
--------------DeRosario-------------Vitti------------------
--------------------------Barrett(Sadly)------------------

:flare:

OHARARULES
06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm with RPB_RED_NATION_RPB on that..

What did Ricketts do so wrong that we are not using him?.. I think he is a quality player. I believe he can make a difference tonite.

Detroit_TFC
06-02-2009, 07:54 PM

I don't think it will happen, but I kinda of like this.

thisisinternetclash
06-02-2009, 07:56 PM
I still maintain that Ricketts is potentially as good or better than Vitti and Barrett. He was our top scorer and one of our better players last season. He should be getting run-outs in these games, at least.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm with RPB_RED_NATION_RPB on that..

What did Ricketts do so wrong that we are not using him?.. I think he is a quality player. I believe he can make a difference tonite.

Ive never been a big fan of Ricketts....but if the man is excited about Toronto going after there first trophy....this might be the time for him to either break it or make it in TORONTO!....in saying that i hope he gets in the team tonight! PROVE US WRONG RR! :scarf:

hrvat87
06-02-2009, 10:31 PM
who's backing up sutton anyone know

prizby
06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
edwards

2-0 vancouver

screw this

NF-FC
06-02-2009, 11:34 PM
I believe this was the line up used:

................crap.................