PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to that stud CB?

Stryker
06-02-2009, 02:00 AM
The guy who we had to wait on cause his team was in a fight for promotion. European seasons over, MLS transfer window opens back up june 15th. Think this is still gonna happen ?

The Kingpin
06-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Nope.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Nope, i bet its no longer a concern now that cummins is head coach (i dont see the link between the two but this si what ive sorta felt having read some quotes from Mo after cummins took over). id bet that Mo was having probs previous to that. please note my record shows that im about 80-90% supportive of Mo in the past. Id bet they are looking for that striker to finish all our bloody chances. id still like to see both although im a little bit more comfortable with our current cbs then the start of the season and i believe a commanding cb would be incredible.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Doesn’t the transfer window open in July? Probably not relevant as TFC mostly signs out of contract players from Europe.

Stryker
06-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Wiki says june 15th.

Corpand
06-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Last I heard of it was early April, the guy we are talking about kind of lost "interest" once a better paying opportunity cropped up. No clue if there's a replacement lined up anymore.

C.Ronaldo
06-02-2009, 09:32 AM
i heard mlse has something HUGE for us

and its only going to costs us 1-200 dollars.

I hear its a huge club from spain.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Wiki says june 15th.

Pretty sure it’s July 15th, there was some uncertainty about this last year:

July 15, 2009

Secondary Registration Window Opens

http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/schedule/important_dates/

S_D
06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I have had an eerie feeling that there is no intention of picking anyone up during the transfer window.

The defense is decent enough, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them wait on White to see what he can do once he is fully healed from his injury. If he fails then I can see something happening next season. And that will depend on what the salary cap is next year as TFC is spending over the cap with all of the allocation $$.

If we make the playoffs, no you suck allocation cash. Mo said he had almost a million allocation this season to play with, so if the cap doesn't go up significantly, almost a million in salary to shed is a pretty big deal. Add in a DP and you have to look at losing another 200K this season, and 400+ next season (on top of the 1 mill). Ouch