PDA

View Full Version : Whitecaps vs. TFC: Time to Focus on What's Important

Jack
06-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Alright everyone, I think we've debated and hashed out the whole friendly debacle quite enough. Everyone now knows where everyone stands and basically we are going around in circles with the arguments.

It's time to focus on the important stuff:

Vancouver Whitecraps vs. Toronto FC

This is our chance to clinch our first trophy and crown ourselves as Canadian Champions.

What the fuck are people doing not focusing on this?

This is a huge, massive game for us.

There is nothing up on TFC.ca

There are no articles in the papers.

There is no buzz! Come on! It's bad enough that a lot of people think these games don't mean anything, but let's get it together here.

Time to win something and salt this tournament away so we can focus on the season and the CONCACAF Champions League!

:scarf::flare::drum::drum::flare::scarf:

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
What friendly? What league? The cup is all there is!!!

till Saturday.

Roogsy
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
There is only one way to put the Houston debacle behind us.

Win convincingly.

I hope Cummins is beating this into their heads. Because if they come out of this game with a draw, or even worse, with a loss...there are going to be some pissed off supporters in the crowd on Saturday.

T_Mizz
06-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm really looking forward to a victory because then we get another reserve team game against Montreal, I think Gomez and Gala(if he's still on the team) will be cheering louder tha anyone because they'll get their first TFC action this year.

TorontoBlades
06-01-2009, 09:30 AM
...or just win period

It'll be our first piece of hardware!

jabbronies
06-01-2009, 09:31 AM
lets say they win....Do we greet them at the airport??

Carts
06-01-2009, 09:33 AM

If I didn't have to work - I'd love to do that...

As for the tournament buzz, it is very low aka non-existent, which is bad...

I guess its up to us to stir up some noise!

Carts...

Ageroo
06-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Time to collect our first piece of hardware this week! I only wish I was heading out there to watch it live......

side note....nice new handle Carts!

Carts
06-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Time to collect our first piece of hardware this week! I only wish I was heading out there to watch it live......

Its a beauty handle - thanks for getting that done... :)

On another note - I think the tournament organizers should schedule this tournament differently... Aka, get Vancouver's home games out of the way first... Nothing against the 'left coast', but having a possibly deciding game airing at 10:30pm/et does nothing to help with ratings, coverage, and hype...

If the first 3-games of the tournament include Vancouver's two home games, this would never happen...

I know that sucks for them - but right now they need to build awareness and coverage of this event, and having the trophy (possibly) won at after midnight in the ETZ does not help that...

Take the NHL, when the Ducks are in the final, they play at 5pm/pt so its on at 8pm/et for TV... The organizers should just schedule the tourny differently so this isn't an issue...

Carts...

Dunkers
06-01-2009, 09:43 AM
I cant wait to give Parke a hard time! MLS REJECT!

flatpicker
06-01-2009, 09:43 AM
http://loiszing.blogs.com/artaction/images/2007/10/04/vsucksfront_2.jpg

flatpicker
06-01-2009, 09:45 AM

On another note - I think the tournament organizers should schedule this tournament differently... Aka, get Vancouver's home games out of the way first... Nothing against the 'left coast', but having a possibly deciding game airing at 10:30pm/et does nothing to help with ratings, coverage, and hype...

If the first 3-games of the tournament include Vancouver's two home games, this would never happen...

I know that sucks for them - but right now they need to build awareness and coverage of this event, and having the trophy (possibly) won at after midnight in the ETZ does not help that...

Take the NHL, when the Ducks are in the final, they play at 5pm/pt so its on at 8pm/et for TV... The organizers should just schedule the tourny differently so this isn't an issue...

Carts...

Stanley Cup game is at 8pm... so having the game start at 10:30 ain't too bad.

Ageroo
06-01-2009, 09:47 AM
This is what it is all about....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Voyageurscup.jpg/250px-Voyageurscup.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I see a power nap in my future...

See you reds @ Joe's!!!

trane
06-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Please start Danny. I hope that this is the plan in not playing him over the weekend.

daner90
06-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Been waiting for this match since we beat MTL@BMO, time to collect some hardware...

on a side note, do you think they would hand out the trophy at the game when TFC wins or will they wait to hand it out in MTL?

Roogsy
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Please start Danny. I hope that this is the plan in not playing him over the weekend.

Incredible how obvious it is that this team is different without Daniele Savlatore.

Wagner
06-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I see a power nap in my future...

See you reds @ Joe's!!!

i was thinking the same thing...
even though it's late on a tuesday...will people be going to Joe's for the game???

When we win are we storming the gardiner?

Roogsy
06-01-2009, 10:04 AM
i was thinking the same thing...
even though it's late on a tuesday...will people be going to Joe's for the game???

When we win are we storming the gardiner?

LOL!

With our luck...we'll get tazed. We won't have our kids with us...

Boudge
06-01-2009, 10:05 AM

I like where your heads at; I am so down for that!

Lucky Strike
06-01-2009, 10:05 AM

It was in fact the plan.

Carts
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Is everyone heading to Joe's for this one...?

Carts
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM

olegunnar
06-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the reminder.

When I went to TFC's home page this morning I was greeted by a flash page advertising the $6 open practice. Then the headline story is the new youth camps...starting at only $150!

Thanks Jack for reminding us tomorrow we play for silverware. Maybe your reminder will reach the FO....maybe not since they're probably trying to calculate the various margins on the pricing for the Madrid game.

Darlofletch
06-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Been waiting for this match since we beat MTL@BMO, time to collect some hardware...

on a side note, do you think they would hand out the trophy at the game when TFC wins or will they wait to hand it out in MTL?

Hopefully they'd hand it out at Montreal.

Whoever's going needs to come up with some kind of "Madrid, Cabron, saluda al campeon" type of chant.

TorontoBlades
06-01-2009, 10:19 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Voyageurscup.jpg/250px-Voyageurscup.jpg

lots of blank Maple leafs for TFC to engrave their name on :) :scarf::drum::flare:

trane
06-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Incredible how obvious it is that this team is different without Daniele Savlatore.

What is amazing to me is that some still refuse to see it. I am not sure why.

billyfly
06-01-2009, 10:48 AM

I think I won this in a High School tournament.

__wowza
06-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I think I won this in a High School tournament.

Don't knock party packagers!!

billyfly
06-01-2009, 11:01 AM
LOL^

olegunnar
Thanks for the reminder.

When I went to TFC's home page this morning I was greeted by a flash page advertising the $6 open practice. Then the headline story is the new youth camps...starting at only $150!

Thanks Jack for reminding us tomorrow we play for silverware. Maybe your reminder will reach the FO....maybe not since they're probably trying to calculate the various margins on the pricing for the Madrid game.

Big Brother is watching
They just switched it up.

TFC07
Just a quick question: If TFC win or draw tomorrow, do they receive trophy right away or do we have to wait in Montreal to get trophy?

billyfly
06-01-2009, 11:04 AM
^ I think it was stated in another thread they'd wait until Montreal.

Roogsy
06-01-2009, 11:05 AM

If people go down...I will be there. I'd love to be among TFC fans when we win our first piece of silverware, I don't care how late it is.

Arnie Knows
06-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Winning this trophy is not exactly a massive accomplishment ..
almost should be a sure thing no??

billyfly
06-01-2009, 11:08 AM
^We've had a problem with "sure things" in the past that's why its so huge.

Toronto Ruffrider
06-01-2009, 11:10 AM

Tell that to Cunningham and the rest of last year's squad. We should win this match, but nothing's guaranteed. Vancouver is a much better team than Montreal right now.

Roogsy
06-01-2009, 11:11 AM

When you're not getting laid...you gladly take the "sure thing". :D

billyfly
06-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks Carts for the official lowdown. TFC need only a point!

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13965

The Kingpin
06-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Any word on if it's televised - I'll have to be up at 3:30AM to watch... So I'd like to know if someone is televising it so I can catch a stream. I can't miss the first trophy celebration... Not after going through everything over the last three years!!!

:scarf:

werewolf
06-01-2009, 11:31 AM
^ I think it was stated in another thread they'd wait until Montreal.

was that confirmed in anyway, or just speculation?

menefreghista
06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Any word on if it's televised - I'll have to be up at 3:30AM to watch... So I'd like to know if someone is televising it so I can catch a stream. I can't miss the first trophy celebration... Not after going through everything over the last three years!!!

The match is live on Sportsnet.

As for streaming, I'm sure if you check out the usual suspects you might be able to find one.

billyfly
06-01-2009, 11:33 AM
was that confirmed in anyway, or just speculation?

I don't think there was a link provided as proof but it was stated kinda de facto.

TFC Cityboy
06-01-2009, 11:33 AM

sportsnet is showing it.

billyfly
06-01-2009, 11:37 AM
From the other thread:

Originally Posted by billyfly http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=545355#post545355)
Carts - any word on the trophy presentation if it would be tomorrow or at MTL if TFC do capture it?

Great question - and one I should have asked...

I'll look into it now...

Carts...

Nuvinho
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I like silverware!!!

The Kingpin
06-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys.

Shep
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I want us to win this so bad my teeth hurt.

Ageroo
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I hope even if they do secure the trophy tomorrow, that they hold off until Montreal. After last year and watching Montreal get it on our home pitch...I want revenge!

But first order of business is win tomorrow!

billyfly
06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
From our friend McCartney:

Just got word - here's the info from the press release...

A new champion - be it Toronto FC or Whitecaps FC - will be crowned champion come 18 June when the Voyageurs Cup is presented in Montréal.

Carts...

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
anyone have an Idea what time they would be coming to Vancouver?
me and acouple of my boys wanted to greet them when they get here

Carts
06-01-2009, 11:58 AM
anyone have an Idea what time they would be coming to Vancouver?
me and acouple of my boys wanted to greet them when they get here

They arrived yesterday - straight up from Houston...

From the Toronto FC website:
"Toronto FC arrived in Vancouver on Sunday afternoon ahead of the Nutrilite Canadian Championship match against the Whitecaps on Tuesday night at Swangard Stdium"

Carts...

Phil
06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Rohan was in Vancouver at 3:48 yesterday afternoon.... twitterific.

Or he Twated that? :D

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2009, 12:07 PM
From our friend McCartney:

Just got word - here's the info from the press release...

A new champion - be it Toronto FC or Whitecaps FC - will be crowned champion come 18 June when the Voyageurs Cup is presented in Montréal.

Carts...

Good thing we're gonna win this thing. You know cause TFC will actually be there in Montreal and physically be able to take the crown. Can't fing wait!:D

BuSaPuNk
06-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Anyone know if there is a repeat of the game?? Going to be at the NIN concert that night.

Arnie Knows
06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
When you're not getting laid...you gladly take the "sure thing". :D

That is logic .. and yes I agree

Carts
06-01-2009, 12:29 PM
If people go down...I will be there. I'd love to be among TFC fans when we win our first piece of silverware, I don't care how late it is.

That's my thought exactly...!

I don't wanna trek down if nobody is going - but if a group is making a game-night of it, then I'll gladly join in...

Carts...

CoachGT
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm just hoping that we have the same intensive effort that we saw inToronto, but I'd prefer that a few more of the chances find the back of the net. Perhaps a nice 3 or 4 nil scoreline..............

Cashcleaner
06-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Oh for sure. Just like it was last year.

Oh, wait a minute.

Regardless of all that, we really don't have any good excuse to let it slip through our fingers again. Compared to both Vancouver, Montreal, and the roster we had last year, our current squad is just so much stronger.

I only wish more people understood the importance. Hopefully we can have a good run in CONCACAF and that will shake some sense into everyone.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I hope TFC come out flying in this one and not dwell on the Houston fiasco....play the best possible line up..and at worst we get a draw,
with the players motivated, we get a win...a loss and we have to beat the Impact in Montreal...but lets finish up tomorrow night and play our reserves/academy? team on Montreal!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh for sure. Just like it was last year.

Oh, wait a minute.

Regardless of all that, we really don't have any good excuse to let it slip through our fingers again. Compared to both Vancouver, Montreal, and the roster we had last year, our current squad is just so much stronger.

I only wish more people understood the importance. Hopefully we can have a good run in CONCACAF and that will shake some sense into everyone.

The importance will come in time..the only draw back to the canadian championship is its a 3 team event..now if Ottawa could get into MLS and edmonton, Calgary, winnipeg, Quebec city into usl then the Canadian championship might get a serious consideration from the football public:scarf:

flatpicker
06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
can anybody identify this?

http://www.yardwear.net/blog/content/binary/white-dog-poo.jpg

Roogsy
06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
LOL!

Is that?

Could it be?

White

Crap?

:lol:

flatpicker
06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
^ you win!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2009, 01:08 PM

John Bobbit's missing parts?

flatpicker
06-01-2009, 01:14 PM
^ sorry, the contest is now closed.

Hitcho
06-01-2009, 01:15 PM

Flats, where the hell do you come up with this stuff? Did you Google image search "white crap" and that popped up? Or is it one of your original compositions? I know you're an artist, but come on dude, there's a line... :D

flatpicker
06-01-2009, 01:17 PM
:)

My mind works in mysterious ways

DangerRed
06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Anyone know where I can watch this game online tomorrow?

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Flats, where the hell do you come up with this stuff? Did you Google image search "white crap" and that popped up? Or is it one of your original compositions? I know you're an artist, but come on dude, there's a line... :D

I want to blow this picture up for the game and parade the stadium with it!! :hurray:

Marco2K
06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Oh yeah baby. Great post jack. I am tired of reading all this real madrid talk.

I was telling my co workers today that if TFC wins tommorow night there is going to be a parade on Yonge st in the middle of the night.

T_Mizz
06-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Quick question here guys, if by some divine intervention Vancouver wins and we lose in monteal, is Vancouver going to be there to accept the trophy? Although if I was betting someone else's money I wouldn't take that action.

TFCinVANCOUVER
06-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah baby. Great post jack. I am tired of reading all this real madrid talk.

I was telling my co workers today that if TFC wins tommorow night there is going to be a parade on Yonge st in the middle of the night.

Hell if we win me and the boys will parade down kingsway in Burnaby!

And I'll Video tape the whole pre-game and after game celebrations for you guys back home!

ilikemusic
06-01-2009, 07:16 PM
So after we win tomorrow, will there be a trophy presentation before Saturday's game?

H Bomb
06-01-2009, 07:36 PM

RPB elite!!!! :D :hide: :fluffy: :stogey: and my personal favourite:driving:

also, what's Joe's gonna look like tomorrow night, anyone going?

Cashcleaner
06-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Quick question here guys, if by some divine intervention Vancouver wins and we lose in monteal, is Vancouver going to be there to accept the trophy? Although if I was betting someone else's money I wouldn't take that action.

I was thinking about that as well. It's a longshot, but it could end up happening that way. My guess is that they would forget all about the presentation and sent it straight to Vancouver if we end up losing against the Impact.

Don Julio
06-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Tonight's game will be insane. Win or tie and we're the champions, lose by 2 and we're out! Too much premature celebrating around here. Ask Man U about pre-planning parades!

COME ON YOU BEAUTIFUL REDS!