PDA

View Full Version : Onward! - Real Madrid = real mad!

Ben Knight
05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
How ya feelin', Reds fans?

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/05/29/real-madrid-real-mad/

gmacpheetfc
05-29-2009, 08:44 AM
estimates on ticket prices good perspective ben

TFC Cityboy
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
nice balanced view...hoping the club will not fuck us up the ass ticket-price-wise.

Parkdale
05-29-2009, 09:53 AM
nice balanced view...hoping the club will not fuck us up the ass ticket-price-wise.

yeah... you would hope that TFC SSH have a greatly discounted price, and first pick of seats over the general population (aka scalpers)

denime
05-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Ben, how I feel right now? I feel like Maple Leafs fan,screwed again,but still a fan.

TorontoBlades
05-29-2009, 09:58 AM
another great example of the two-faced credit stealing marketing that the ownership of our club provides us

sully
05-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I'd hope MLSE consider how this recession is hitting people when they come-up with ticket prices

Fort York Redcoat
05-29-2009, 10:10 AM
I'd hope MLSE consider how this recession is hitting people when they come-up with ticket prices

They would have stuck with the friendly they had instead of getting a second one.

dupont
05-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Maybe they will take a page out of the "Bills in Toronto" book for coming up with the ticket prices.

TorontoBlades
05-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Maybe they will take a page out of the "Bills in Toronto" book for coming up with the ticket prices.

that page would be page 47 - how to fill a stadium with comps

boban
05-29-2009, 11:18 AM
yeah... you would hope that TFC SSH have a greatly discounted price, and first pick of seats over the general population (aka scalpers)
ahh uhmmmm .. hate to burst your bubble but scalpers are ssh also.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Ben, how I feel right now? I feel like Maple Leafs fan,screwed again,but still a fan.

Ya and how many ex-Leafs do you know?

Beware MLSE…beware.

boban
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Lots of whining in this piece Ben.
Thought you were better than that.

Parkdale
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
^ zing.

ilikemusic
05-29-2009, 12:47 PM
MLSE are disgusting money grubbing cunts who dont give a fuck about their fans or the quality of their product.

devioustrevor
05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
To be perfectly honest I think a game vs. a team like Real Madrid should probably be played at the Rogers Centre anyway. I have no doubts you could get almost 50K for a big club like them.

jabbronies
05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
I have no interest in paying to watch Real Madrid play against TFC. If they were part of the seasons package, i would go, but if they are not, I won't be there. plain and simple.

Wagner
05-29-2009, 01:12 PM
I have no interest in paying to watch Real Madrid play against TFC. If they were part of the seasons package, i would go, but if they are not, I won't be there. plain and simple.

that sums up how i feel as well.

TorontoBlades
05-29-2009, 01:18 PM
me too. Except I know deep down inside I'm going

Kickit09
05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
MLSE are disgusting money grubbing cunts who dont give a fuck about their fans or the quality of their product.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=199&pictureid=1338

Fort York Redcoat
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM

Man I just want to buy seasons for the leauge. All this packaging is sickening.

I loved the chance for non STH being able to get to the Vcup last year. That counts double for Canada games.

I'd avoid the Friendly partial package just because and get tickets game to game from our ticket trader.

But they've got me already. They want fans of other teams, too.

Too bad.

ilikemusic
05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Well Ryan Johnston's Sportsnet blog is officially a useless water-carrying piece of shit.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Lots of Madrid fans will head up from the states for this one...it might be like a Madrid home match. Come on MLSE/TFC stop the last start with NY and give us
a friendlier start vs Real...no later then 7;30 please...come on TFC supporters lets fill the ground with TFC sipport and make it a good night/day taking a giant european scalp.

dcdcdc
05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Interestingly enough, if anybody remembers..if it hasn't been mentioned.. it isn't the first time an MLSE team has played Real Madrid. The Toronto Raptors played Real Madrid almost 2 years ago..

I don't remember Raptors fans complaining about this meaningless friendly.. for any reason

ilikemusic
05-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Interestingly enough, if anybody remembers..if it hasn't been mentioned.. it isn't the first time an MLSE team has played Real Madrid. The Toronto Raptors played Real Madrid almost 2 years ago..

I don't remember Raptors fans complaining about this meaningless friendly.. for any reason

I try to avoid personal insults at all costs but I just need to ask,

are you retarded?

dcdcdc
05-29-2009, 05:12 PM
I try to avoid personal insults at all costs but I just need to ask,

are you retarded?

Based on?

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-29-2009, 05:54 PM

Real Madrid football is more dominant then real madrid basketball!!

Blizzard
05-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Based on?

He wants company at the weekly meeting.

Troll
05-30-2009, 12:15 AM

Big difference, the Raptors played them in pre-season as a tune-up game days before their season started. I don't think anybody here would be complaining if it were the same case here. But to have a meaningless friendly in the middle of the season when you're telling your fans that your main priority is 'to make the playoffs', is alittle hypocritical. God help us if we lose somebody to injury in this game.

Kaz
05-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Its not great for season ticket holders for sure, but at the same time, Real Madrid is going to sell out at premium prices and it's good for the economics of the Club.

Wolfe
05-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey Ben, I think it is great to have such a high calibre club coming, but I'm pissed that it likely wont be included in the SSH package. I know costs will be very high to get such a team here, and to get the grass put in, but we not only pay for our tickets, we also buy merch, food and beverages at everygame, and we show our support on good and bad days (weather wise and how the team is playing). I think MLSE should do the right thing, and thank their supporters (the best in the MLS) and have this as the friendly in our SSH packages.