PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Friday , May.29

denime
05-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Mornin'

Dynamo welcome DeRo back to Houston
Midfielder makes first trip to Robertson Stadium since move to Toronto

HOUSTON -- Saturday night at Robertson Stadium, the Houston Dynamo play host to Toronto FC and former Dynamo midfielder Dwayne De Rosario. It will be De Rosario's first game back in Houston where he helped the Dynamo win two MLS Cups during his tenure. The current members of the Dynamo players are all looking forward to the return of De Rosario and former teammate Adrian Serioux.

Read More (http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090528&content_id=5019578&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp)

Rising clubs clash as Dynamo face Reds
Houston is unbeaten in last six games; Toronto is 3-2-1 in past six

Two teams that have risen up their respective conference standings in recent weeks meet at Robertson Stadium when Toronto FC travel to take on the Houston Dynamo. The Dynamo have won four of their last five games and are unbeaten in six, now sitting just a point out of second place in the Western Conference. Toronto FC have lost just once in their last six games, and sit just two points out of the top spot in the Eastern Conference entering the weekend.

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090528&content_id=5015402&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

De Ro gets home town honour
Forward inducted into Scarborough Walk of Fame

Toronto FC's Dwayne De Rosario was inducted into the Scarborough Walk of Fame at a ceremony held at Scarborough Town Centre on Thursday afternoon. The Walk of Fame was launched in 2006 to celebrate achievements of Scarborough residents, past and present, in the fields of Sports, Arts, Entertainment, Health, Education, and Community. De Rosario will attend a gala dinner to mark the occasion on Thursday night.

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090528&content_id=5013428&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Real Madrid set to play in Toronto
Paul Attfield
All signs are pointing to a Spanish summer in the GTA, at least as far as Toronto FC are concerned.
Plans are nearing completion for one of the world’s biggest soccer clubs to visit BMO Field, as Real Madrid are set to be unveiled in the next few days as TFC’s opponents for a friendly match to be played on Friday, Aug. 7.

:drum:Toronto FC will also be installing a temporary grass surface on top of the artificial turf at BMO Field to accommodate the 31-time Spanish league champions, although whether that surface will remain in place for the remainder of TFC’s MLS schedule is not known.:drum:Read More (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/real-madrid-set-to-play-in-toronto/article1158914/)

Reds hope to slow streaking Dynamo

Dwayne De Rosario makes his return to Houston, the place he won two Major League Soccer Cups, for the first time since being traded to Toronto this offseason when the Dynamo host Toronto FC on Saturday at Robertson Stadium.
De Rosario, a Toronto native, has helped his new club to a 4-3-4 record, and will be aiming to help it win its second straight after earning a 3-1 win vs. New England last weekend.

Read More (http://www.abcactionnews.com/sports/soccer/story/Reds-hope-to-slow-streaking-Dynamo/zgIXns9q7UaBjYRBQoKnRQ.cspx)

http://i43.tinypic.com/sq04gj.jpg

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Ageroo
05-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Mornin' D......well if Real Madrid is coming I am going to be REAL happy......but this scheduling is messed.....FACK!

Carter
05-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Mornin' D

Mornin' D......well if Real Madrid is coming I am going to be REAL happy......but this scheduling is messed.....FACK!

Not happy hopefully you are ready to pay about 250 a ticket.... Seeing the tickets are not included in the season ticket package.
:rolleyes:

Ageroo
05-29-2009, 06:16 AM
It should be interesting to see what this PREMIUM pricing will be.....

MrHawk
05-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Real Madrid??????

That's pretty impressive I'd say. Except we have to pay premium prices for this game, while our "included friendly" is not decided yet.

scooter
05-29-2009, 06:55 AM
mornin d

Fort York Redcoat
05-29-2009, 07:04 AM
From the players perspective I'm sure they're happy they're playing Madrid but the temp grass will feel like a slap in the face.

I'd like to know how many that go to this friendly for Madrid will see a TFC match afterwards. It'll be a huge draw but convincing to the unsold?

arsenal
05-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Mornin' D

Not happy hopefully you are ready to pay about 250 a ticket.... Seeing the tickets are not included in the season ticket package.
:rolleyes:

No clue what they will charge but as a gauge here is what DC will be charging in their much larger stadium ...

United planholders will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this friendly before the general public sale at a reduced price. Ticket prices for planholders start at $50 for seats on the endline, $60 on the sideline, and $70 for midfield view seats. Club level seats will also be available to planholders at a discounted price of $80 for an endline view, $90 for a corner seat, and $100 for a midfield view. Special hospitality packages will also be available.
Additionally, a special multi-game package for individuals and a two-game package for groups of 20 or more will be available starting June 8. Single game tickets for individuals and groups will go on sale to the general public on June 17 through Ticketmaster, with seats in the lower bowl ranging from $60 for the endline, $75 for sideline and $90 for midfield seats.

TOBOR !
05-29-2009, 07:17 AM
actually, here's hoping they can't find another team for the summer friendly, then they have to honour our tickets.

MwuhuhhHAHAHAHAHA!

pubboy
05-29-2009, 07:28 AM
What the F#*k is the "endline" ????

Stouffville_RPB
05-29-2009, 07:36 AM
If DC is charging that much tack on at least 30%.

denime
05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
South stand ticket price for Int.Friendly is $70.
Now since this is RM and they want to charge Premium,I think my $70 ticket will be at least $100 +

In that case no thanks,I'll pass on this one.

denime
05-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Champions League draw set for June 11

NEW YORK – The draw for the second CONCACAF Champions League will be conducted June 11 at the confederation’s New York headquarters, setting the Preliminary Round pairings and which teams will face off in the Group Stage of the 24-club (http://www.concacaf.com/competitions/champsleague/qteams09.aspx) event.

Sixteen teams will be drawn into eight two-leg series for the Preliminary Round that will be staged July 28-30 and August 4-6. The winners will then join the eight seeded teams and will be drawn into four, four team groups.

Read More (http://www.concacaf.com/view_article.aspx?id=4755)

MrHawk
05-29-2009, 07:51 AM
South stand ticket price for Int.Friendly is $70.
Now since this is RM and they want to charge Premium,I think my $70 ticket will be at least $100 +

In that case no thanks,I'll pass on this one.

If we can go by the Galaxy price mark-up for their game vs AC Milan.

Cheap Seats (MLS): $14
Cheap Seats (AC Milan): $40

Expensive Seats (MLS): $200
Expensive Seats (AC Milan): $500

sully
05-29-2009, 07:55 AM
If we can go by the Galaxy price mark-up for their game vs AC Milan.

Cheap Seats (MLS): $14
Cheap Seats (AC Milan): $40

Expensive Seats (MLS): $200
Expensive Seats (AC Milan): $500

I'm guessing MLSE would at least double that because they are MLSE.

MrHawk
05-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Well judging by how much they charge to see a Toronto Maple Leafs exhibition game......

BuSaPuNk
05-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Morning D! ^ Yeah the Leafs preseason is just as expensive as the regular season. Platiniums still go for like $200 a seat

TorCanSoc
05-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Phknell. This is going to piss off a lot of STH. WHen I was reading the article, I thought wow MLSE has really come through for the fans!!! Then reading on, Real Madrid would not be our STH International Friendly. I hope they don't bring in a second rate and call it an I.F. I know its business Paul, but this just shmecks of MLSE gouging. Yeah yeah yeah, they're a business, I'm grateful to have a team yada yada yada. I just find it a bit unsavoury.

Ageroo
05-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Alright...Let's not lose focus....big match against Houston tomorrow! Time to get back to League discussion.....

Going to be a Big match for DeRo to prove something to Houston.....

keem-o-sabi
05-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Coed Girl (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/) today. What a nice Friday edition.

As for the grass at BMO, temporary pitches usually suck after a lil bit. I think they should try and ride with it as long as they can though.

Stouffville_RPB
05-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Alright...Let's not lose focus....big match against Houston tomorrow! Time to get back to League discussion.....

Going to be a Big match for DeRo to prove something to Houston.....

DeRo scores a hat-trick and Serioux shuts down Brian Ching.

T-Bird
05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
There is a Scarborough Walk of Fame!!! Where the hell have I been?

Oldtimer
05-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Phknell. This is going to piss off a lot of STH. WHen I was reading the article, I thought wow MLSE has really come through for the fans!!! Then reading on, Real Madrid would not be our STH International Friendly. I hope they don't bring in a second rate and call it an I.F. I know its business Paul, but this just shmecks of MLSE gouging. Yeah yeah yeah, they're a business, I'm grateful to have a team yada yada yada. I just find it a bit unsavoury.

You think that MLSE can bring in grass and RM for free?

They'd lose millions if it was in our package.

This is a bonus.

As long as they bring in a decent team for the STH package, I'm okay with that.

Oldtimer
05-29-2009, 09:08 AM
The Walk of Fame was launched in 2006 to celebrate achievements of Scarborough residents, past and present, in the fields of Sports, Arts, Entertainment, Health, Education, and Community. De Rosario will attend a gala dinner to mark the occasion on Thursday night.

I wonder if it will be held in the food court? :lol:

Blizzard
05-30-2009, 12:14 AM
You think that MLSE can bring in grass and RM for free?

They'd lose millions if it was in our package.

This is a bonus.

As long as they bring in a decent team for the STH package, I'm okay with that.

Agreed!