PDA

View Full Version : NYRB Aug 9->Jun 13 game change!

sulfur
05-28-2009, 05:54 PM
According to Paul Bierne's twitter:

Announcing a game start time change tomorrow. From august 9 to june 13.

Ok. That's more than start time... Sked conflict at Bmo field.

That's the New York Red Bulls game. At home.

It's now going to be played Saturday June 13th.

Stouffville_RPB
05-28-2009, 05:57 PM
If BMO is our house how does a scheduling conflict happen?

Thanks for the info sulfur.

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 05:57 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I have a wedding to go to that day. I was so damn happy it didn't land on a home game. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

wzhxvy
05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Maybe the fluffers have an appointment with BMO turf

wzhxvy
05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh one other thing...great job scheduling this year guys...now 1 home game in July and 1 home game in August...2 home games ALL summer...fantastic planning and negotiation skills.

manic.street.preacher
05-28-2009, 06:02 PM
WHAT?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!!!!

that was the only game i was gonna get to go to :(:(:(:(:(:(

Stouffville_RPB
05-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh one other thing...great job scheduling this year guys...now 1 home game in July and 1 home game in August...2 home games ALL summer...fantastic planning and negotiation skills.

It isn't easy to plan a schedule. I have no idea how much say TFC actually has in the making of it. I just find it weird that one of our home games is getting moved when TFC is the main tennant.

JDG
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I wonder if the conflict involves our International Friendly

eustacchio
05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Well, that gives me less time to find a ticket.

Thanks for the heads up...and if anyone needs to get rid of their ticket (or two) due to the time change perhaps I can help you out.

nfitz
05-28-2009, 06:21 PM
I wonder if the conflict involves our International FriendlyYeah, that would be my bet.

Bizarre - two New York home games in a row.

Oh well ... fills a hole in June ... though I think I have a prior commitment ... and fortunately no tickets ...

manic.street.preacher
05-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I wonder if the conflict involves our International Friendly
^*fingers crossed* gawd i hope so

T-Bird
05-28-2009, 06:27 PM

On the TFC website this change is not showing...let us know when you have a credible source

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 06:30 PM
On the TFC website this change is not showing...let us know when you have a credible source

Paul isn't a credible source? ummm..ok.

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Looks like Guevara and Wynne could be missing that game now. U.S is playing in the Confederations Cup in South Africa (not sure if Wynne will get the call) and Honduras plays a WCQ June 10th. Three days is surely enough to get back, but that doesn't mean Cummins will play him.

sulfur
05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
As I was just saying to Giles on the phone... PaulB's pretty credible, and has let us know things like this in advance of the announcement.

My bet is that there'll be a presser tomorrow morning around 10am and an announcement of the move and why.

And if not a full presser, a posting on TFC news. :)

nfitz
05-28-2009, 06:37 PM
On the TFC website this change is not showing...let us know when you have a credible sourceWell I suppose that Paul's account could have been hacked ... but the disappearance of the August 9th game from the TFC Ticket Exchange would tend to support this.

sulfur
05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Bierne-gate? To mirror Rohan-gate? :)

C.Ronaldo
05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
wtf

thats really short notice

C.Ronaldo
05-28-2009, 06:42 PM
and so few games over the summer, may kill an already dwindling seat filling momentum

Stouffville_RPB
05-28-2009, 06:43 PM
TFC associated twitters have been hacked!

:smilielol5:

sulfur
05-28-2009, 06:44 PM
wtf

thats really short notice

At a glance at the schedule, it's the only weekend that both teams had free that I can see.

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 06:45 PM
TFC associated twitters have been hacked!

:smilielol5:

HAHAHAHA. It's Carver, Carver's the hacker.

dcdcdc
05-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Real Madrid

August 9th - DC United
August 11th - ???

nfitz
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Real Madrid

August 9th - DC United
August 11th - ???Would Real Madrid really schedule a friendly on August 11th, with FIFA International friendlies scheduled for August 12th? I'd think several of their players would be called up ... though that wouldn't stop the punters given the lack of ticket available for the Galaxy game on June 6th.

dcdcdc
05-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I meant August 7th vs Real Madrid, my bad..

This is what Goff is saying today in his posts

dcdcdc
05-28-2009, 07:08 PM
From Goff today:

*Still awaiting word on TV coverage, though it appears United-Real will fill Telefutura's afternoon slot that had been scheduled to show the Toronto-New York league match. Madrid's first game on the MLS tour is expected to be two days earlier (Fri., Aug. 7). Because of the intense spotlight playing at giant FedEx Field in the nation's capital, Real seems more likely to use its best available lineup in the DCU encounter. However, as is the case with all friendlies involving Euro clubs in preseason, you never know who you are going to see and for how long.

Real Madrid will play a second friendly on its North American tour, and as we reported exclusively weeks ago, Toronto is the top candidate. Whether that other friendly is announced at the same time as the DCU game is unclear.

nfitz
05-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I meant August 7th vs Real Madrid, my bad..

This is what Goff is saying today in his postsThat would make sense. Though Blue Jays are at Skydome ... so it would be at BMO Field.

MisterMacphisto
05-28-2009, 07:10 PM
No fucking way... You can't just reschedule a posted regular season game!!! Don't they know how many people plan their summer around the schedule with work, weddings, holidays etc... ?!?!

There's no legit reason. Friendly game or whatever.

Please, everyone email your ticket rep. Let Paul B. know how you feel on Twitter. They can't do this.

Smuttynose
05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
no!!! i have to work!! hopefully i can get rid of my shift!!! bah!

Pigfynn
05-28-2009, 07:20 PM
uhhh sorry, but if this means Real Madrid is coming I'm good with it.

MisterMacphisto
05-28-2009, 07:26 PM
uhhh sorry, but if this means Real Madrid is coming I'm good with it.

Fuck Real Madrid.

Re-scheduling a regular season game for a fucking friendly game?

Only in fucking bush-leauge MLS.

yellowfellow
05-28-2009, 07:26 PM
fuck! I have a wedding in Aug and Aug 9 is the game that I am taking all my out of town friends. WTF! It better be the friendly.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Wedding also.... damn!

T-Bird
05-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Well I suppose that Paul's account could have been hacked ... but the disappearance of the August 9th game from the TFC Ticket Exchange would tend to support this.

I just think Twitter is annoying

T0R0NT0 FC
05-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Yep... something is up for sure. Cant' buy or even look at the Aug 9th tickets on Account Manager.

greatwhitenorf
05-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Real? Really? Marvellous. Hope they'll be bringing Christiano Ronaldo.

As for those dumping on the summer scheduling, it's nothing short of AWESOME! when you own both seasons tickets to TFC and a cottage. I hate having to choose when one of those beastly scheduling conflicts arises.

T0R0NT0 FC
05-28-2009, 08:12 PM
I emailed MLS rumours the rumour/info... so now they can make it official. :)

dcdcdc
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
If it's on MLS Rumors, the front office must do this game... no going back now

T0R0NT0 FC
05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
If it's on MLS Rumors, the front office must do this game... no going back now

My thoughts exactly. :canada:

KShep121
05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I posted Real Madrid on 7/22 and Juventus in August in other thread and I think I may have it backwards. It's probably Juve on 7/22 and Madrid on August 9. Hopeful that both will be announced tomorrow. As I mentioned in other thread, Juve game is a fundraiser for earthquake victims.

Rudi
05-28-2009, 08:30 PM
The TFC website waited a month to show the change in the MTL away game (it was original June 17).

Considering they will be "announcing" it tomorrow, it stands to reason that they'll change the website tomorrow, at the earliest.

mastermixer
05-28-2009, 08:30 PM
playing the red bulls twice at home within a week and a half? seems odd...

menefreghista
05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I posted Real Madrid on 7/22 and Juventus in August in other thread and I think I may have it backwards. It's probably Juve on 7/22 and Madrid on August 9. Hopeful that both will be announced tomorrow. As I mentioned in other thread, Juve game is a fundraiser for earthquake victims.

Real Madrid are playing DCU on August 9th. IF they are playing TFC, it will most likely be on August 7th.

Nuvinho
05-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Real Madrid are playing DCU on August 9th. IF they are playing TFC, it will most likely be on August 7th.

It will be Aug 5th probably (Wednesday night)??

Nuvinho
05-28-2009, 08:50 PM
so if there are 2 friendlies, we gotta buy one game. I hope we get season ticketholder pricing ;)

billyfly
05-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Juve and RM sounds tasty although I am sure that the buddy that I share the season tkts with is going to want to sell them.

menefreghista
05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
It will be Aug 5th probably (Wednesday night)??

If its August 5th, why did we need to cancel the August 9th game against NYRB?

gmacpheetfc
05-28-2009, 08:56 PM
is the friendly being announced tommorrow?

dcdcdc
05-28-2009, 09:00 PM
We now good evidence for Real Madrid on August 7th.

What is the basis for July 22nd against Juventus?

Now we got two world class teams in two weeks?

Waggy
05-28-2009, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=PlayList&p=5A9C50B207ADC1E0&index=0&playnext=1

Thats all

MG42
05-28-2009, 09:07 PM
what a pile of horseshit.

mastermixer
05-28-2009, 09:11 PM
if you take a look at this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_Champions_League_2009%E2%80%9310#Format

It looks like a concacaf preliminary round is scheduled for the week of Aug 4.

Nuvinho
05-28-2009, 09:16 PM
This is all confusing.......I hope everything is announced tomorrow......then MLSE can take my money for the 2nd friendly game ;)........haha!!!

uncle p
05-28-2009, 09:24 PM
FFS!!
This was gonna be a sick Beerfest/TFC double header!!!

BakaGaijin
05-28-2009, 09:28 PM

If these friendlies actually happen, and are at BMO, I wonder if MLSE will be using any Mo Edu transfer money to offset the cost's for these friendlies?!? (install grass, compensate teams).

Nodoubtguy
05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
so since it looks like August for RM if they are coming, whats up with July 22nd???

mastermixer
05-28-2009, 09:32 PM
looks like we're not the only ones screwing with the schedule that week...

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/05/report-dc-united-to-face-real-madrid_28.html

p.s. am I the only one that thinks the mlsrumours site is horribly presented?

BakaGaijin
05-28-2009, 09:34 PM
FFS!!
This was gonna be a sick Beerfest/TFC double header!!!

"Beerfest" is now "Confest". $45 a ticket.......what a fucking scam.

The first five years were great.......then it started to slowly go downhill.

Detroit_TFC
05-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Fuck Real Madrid.

Re-scheduling a regular season game for a fucking friendly game?

Only in fucking bush-leauge MLS.

Rescheduling, time changes, etc. happen in the Prem all the time.

pekduck
05-28-2009, 09:53 PM
they better have a month to install grass in BMO....hope that's what the 'scheduling conflict' means..

MisterMacphisto
05-28-2009, 10:09 PM

Yeah, they are rescheduled for friendlies all the time. :rolleyes:

Blizzard
05-28-2009, 11:43 PM

Thank you for beating me to this!

Blizzard
05-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah, they are rescheduled for friendlies all the time. :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm.

Red Bull New York or Real Madrid,
Red Bull New York or Real Madrid.

I can't believe that anybody is actually choosing Red Bull New York!

One of the biggest teams in the world may be coming to Toronto but some people want to see a side that not even New Yorkers are going to see.

:puke:

MisterMacphisto
05-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Hmmmmm.

Red Bull New York or Real Madrid.

I can't believe that anybody is actually choosing Red Bull New York!

One of the biggest teams in the world may be coming to Toronto but some people want to see a side that not even New Yorkers are going to see.

:puke:

Regular season home game that really means something for TFC in the standings or friendly that means nothing
Regular season home game that really means something for TFC in the standings or friendly that means nothing

If I get to see another game, that's great. But for me and many other people, that's not the issue. Many, many supporters have scheduled their summer and made adjustments for vacations, work, family functions etc... so that we can see all of TFC home games.

To reschedule a home game almost half way through the season, moving it a month ahead for a friendly is really stupid. That really messes up a lot of peoples schedules.

It hasn't even been determined if a friendly is going in place of Aug 9, so its not like for sure they are just going to switch dates. There will be a lot of people who perhaps won't be able to attend both games.

kodiakTFC
05-29-2009, 12:38 AM
A friendly against Real Madrid doesn't mean nothing, if TFC plays well they could win over plenty of fans. A few of my friends only started following after they saw them tie Benfica, so whose to say that can't happen again. Any exposure for TFC is great, i don't care if they move a game against NY for Real Madrid, neither should you.

MisterMacphisto
05-29-2009, 12:49 AM
A friendly against Real Madrid doesn't mean nothing, if TFC plays well they could win over plenty of fans. A few of my friends only started following after they saw them tie Benfica, so whose to say that can't happen again. Any exposure for TFC is great, i don't care if they move a game against NY for Real Madrid, neither should you.

And that's my main concern as a supporter and a very valid reason for me and many other supporters to miss a regular season home game... For TFC to win over more fans. :rolleyes:

Where's the shoot me in the head smiley. I need to stop coming here.

Hooligan69
05-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Two home games during the Summer season is total bullshit.

Cambridge_Red
05-29-2009, 02:13 AM
I completely agree with MM the League means more this year since we have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Hooligan69
05-29-2009, 08:23 AM
What exactly is the point of Twitter anyway?

T-Bird
05-29-2009, 08:27 AM
OK so if this is true, now we only have one home game in July AND August? That is G4Y!!

T-Bird
05-29-2009, 08:33 AM
What exactly is the point of Twitter anyway?

Point = Internet nerds

Suds
05-29-2009, 08:36 AM
OK so if this is true, now we only have one home game in July AND August? That is G4Y!!

I've though the schedule sucked from the day it was announced. I agree, if it works out to only one home game in July and August it will just make it worse.

Oh yeah, only one home game in September too ... at least we got 9 home games in April and May :rolleyes:

T-Bird
05-29-2009, 08:40 AM
This isn't a premium game is it? I thought for some reason that one of the NY games was but not sure...

nfitz
05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
OK so if this is true, now we only have one home game in July AND August?No ... where did you get that? July 18 against Houston and August 15th against D.C. Also there could be up to 4 home Champions League games in July and August, and 2 home friendlies. Up to 8 games in 2 months ... plus up to 9 away games.

This isn't a premium game is it? I thought for some reason that one of the NY games was but not sure...Both New York games are premium, along with the Chicago game, and the season home opener and closer.

ecospice
05-29-2009, 09:06 AM

My sentiments exactly. MLSE needs to get tough with MLS next year on scheduling. TFC probably have amongst the higher attendance levels in MLS and should be given preferential treatment for home games that can maximize attendance.

Darlofletch
05-29-2009, 10:02 AM
My sentiments exactly. MLSE needs to get tough with MLS next year on scheduling. TFC probably have amongst the higher attendance levels in MLS and should be given preferential treatment for home games that can maximize attendance.

This really shows what MLS thinks of supporters, and how it doesn't give a crap about encouraging any kind of supporter culture, where fans might go to away games in big numbers.

New York supporters, want to go to Toronto to cheer on your team and try and shut up those obnoxious Canadians? Let's organise flights, hotels, maybe make a weekend of it, sounds great. And then all of a sudden the league says, "No, you're not playing in August any more, we've rearranged it for a date that's barely two weeks away, hope you can still make it!"

The missus and I are currently debating a weekend in either Chicago or new York including a tfc game. If we booked something, and then this shit happened I would be super pissed.

T-Bird
05-29-2009, 10:05 AM
No ... where did you get that? July 18 against Houston and August 15th against D.C. Also there could be up to 4 home Champions League games in July and August, and 2 home friendlies. Up to 8 games in 2 months ... plus up to 9 away games.

From the schedule...but thanks for the extra info :)

Both New York games are premium, along with the Chicago game, and the season home opener and closer.

Excellent! Thanks again!

dupont
05-29-2009, 10:32 AM
New York supporters, want to go to Toronto to cheer on your team and try and shut up those obnoxious Canadians? Let's organise flights, hotels, maybe make a weekend of it, sounds great. And then all of a sudden the league says, "No, you're not playing in August any more, we've rearranged it for a date that's barely two weeks away, hope you can still make it!"

You are correct. A friend of mine from New York had already booked a day off work and organized travel to Toronto just for the NYRB-TFC game in August. I just sent him an email about the date change and he can't make it to the new date.
He is so fuming mad about this.

bee dubya
05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
No fucking way... You can't just reschedule a posted regular season game!!! Don't they know how many people plan their summer around the schedule with work, weddings, holidays etc... ?!?!

There's no legit reason. Friendly game or whatever.

Please, everyone email your ticket rep. Let Paul B. know how you feel on Twitter. They can't do this.

Sorry dude, but they control this stuff. Games get moved in England all the time.

Also, I can confirm that I had heard this game would be moved to June 13 before today as well. TV listings page will probably change too....

Nuvinho
05-29-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090529&content_id=5025098&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Toronto FC announced Friday that the match scheduled for Sunday, August 9 against the New York Red Bulls at BMO Field has been changed due to a potential conflict at BMO Field. The new date for the game will now be Saturday, June 13 with an 8p.m. ET kick off.
The match will now be televised on Rogers Sportsnet, as well as heard on THE FAN 590 radio with play by play man Dan Dunleavy

Jay P
05-29-2009, 02:06 PM
a night game, excellent.

T-Bird
05-29-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090529&content_id=5025098&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Oh excellent! Was just about to ask about this! Keeping my fingers crossed they will show it at The Rockcliffe in Minden!

mastermixer
05-29-2009, 02:30 PM
8pm on a saturday... plenty of time to get reved up during the day!!

scots17
06-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey all,

I have a pair of tix for the June 13th game, originally able to go to the August match, but now i can't go in June...

Paid $110 for the pair in my package as it was "PREMIUM" lol

Let me know what you're thinking...

blake.bentley@flyjazz.ca

Cheers

sulfur
06-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Put 'em in the ticket trader. More likely that people will see them.

Erkan16
06-01-2009, 11:14 PM
You are correct. A friend of mine from New York had already booked a day off work and organized travel to Toronto just for the NYRB-TFC game in August. I just sent him an email about the date change and he can't make it to the new date.
He is so fuming mad about this.

i was not happy about the change either. i had planned to take my father to the game because he works 6 days a week and Sunday's is the only day he can actually go to a game.

i sold the tickets yesterday, fuck em.

king dave
06-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Who the fuck is this Twitter fuck?
Is he a new member, 'cause I sure as shit never heard of him/her and I haven't seen one fucking post from Twitter buteverywhere you all talk about this douche like his/her shit don't stink!!
I checked the membership on every fucking SG site, no Twitter!
What the fuck?
Is this some kinda code?
KD.

Roogsy
06-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Sorry dude, but they control this stuff. Games get moved in England all the time.

I keep hearing this. Can someone point me to an instance where this happened for a friendly? Please don't quote European games (Uefa, Champions League etc.) or Cup games.

I asked my friend in England about this issue and he was blown away by it. He actually had a chuckle about it. I felt embarrassed for us. But then again, his team plays in a real league and they don't cream their pants when Real Madrid come to town.

CretanBull
06-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Games in England are almost never rescheduled. I can think of some (rare) occasions when it's done to accomodate a FA Cup replay. In the Championship, sometimes a Saturday or Sunday game is moved to a Monday so that it can be aired on SKY - again, rare. I can't remember a game ever being rescheduled for a friendly, I don't think that it's ever happened. In fact, I'm 99.99% certain that it hasn't happened.

Keep in mind, that nowhere in England - not even Newcastle to Portsmouth - requires travelling fans to book flights or hotel rooms, so it doesn't cause a huge problem there. Even with that in mind, the still almost never reschedule.

The Kingpin
06-02-2009, 01:50 AM
This is true right down to Non-League Football. And furthermore, they would absolutely NEVER move the game up two months - that's the real kick in the groin for loyal fans. 'Supporters' or not.

Hooligan69
06-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Although I have prior family commitments, I just might be able to attend this particular game given that it's an 8:00pm kickoff as opposed to an afternoon game. I'm certainly not thrilled about the match being re-scheduled to a date two months earlier than originally planned. It seems a little ridiculous. Dead Bulls at home twice within the span of 11 days.