PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Ruiz Scores Hatrick for Olimpia

tfcmanu
05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
For anyone who cares.

Performance of the Week

Honorable mention goes to Carlos Ruiz for his hat trick in Olimpia's 5-3 win at Rubio Nu.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090528&content_id=5012082&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

:noidea:

billyfly
05-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't recall him ever really playing for TFC.

Nuvinho
05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I saw him hit a home run, then strike out with the bases loaded last night...........ooooohhhhhhhhhh.........wrong Carlos Ruiz.

Sonny Cheeba
05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah delete this thread. that dude was a toolshed.

trane
05-28-2009, 03:14 PM
^ That is because he did not play for TFC. He wore our uniform and at times got on the pitch but he never played. Worst signing ever. I forget that he was even here, untill someone reminds me.

JonO
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
^^ Still say he wasn't a bad signing. At that point in the season we lost nothing by signing him, since it was clear we weren't getting anyone else. Shot is the dark that didn't work. But this discussion is useless ;)

Oldtimer
05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
He was here for a few weeks last year, drew a paycheque, didn't care.

Chevy
05-28-2009, 03:31 PM
For those of you who have forgotten, here is a picture of Carlos.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KjCLsoLU7c4/RiBbpTZVdUI/AAAAAAAAANk/MnZEwSP1SL4/s320/Pylon.jpg

trane
05-28-2009, 03:53 PM
^ You got that wrong, that is Reda.

trane
05-28-2009, 03:54 PM
^^ Still say he wasn't a bad signing. At that point in the season we lost nothing by signing him, since it was clear we weren't getting anyone else. Shot is the dark that didn't work. But this discussion is useless ;)

In that sense you are right.

Marco2K
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Ruiz showed promise. Cunningham was terrible

Shakes McQueen
05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
He was useless, but I don't regret bringing him in. We were desperately looking for a striker to spark our offense at the time, and the international transfer window had already closed. We also gave up nothing but money for the guy.

It could have gone either way - the new scenery could have motivated him to play like he used to be able to, or it could have gone the way it did - he was frequently hurt, looked disinterested, and threw a hissy fit at the end of the season.

We certainly weren't any worse off for bringing him in.

- Scott

S_D
05-28-2009, 06:35 PM

We lost nothing, but it made LA better by freeing up cap space for them to sign a returning U.S. national (can't remember the name). As far as I am concerned L.A. owes us, even though we gave up supplemental picks that ended up being removed from the draft by MLS.

Yohan
05-28-2009, 07:09 PM
We lost nothing, but it made LA better by freeing up cap space for them to sign a returning U.S. national (can't remember the name). As far as I am concerned L.A. owes us, even though we gave up supplemental picks that ended up being removed from the draft by MLS.
Eddie Lewis. Who happened to score a very good game tyiing goal for LA in last min of the game on Sat...

Beach_Red
05-28-2009, 07:12 PM

The coaching change has me rethinking a lot of last season. The previous coach picked favourites and called out other players publicly - not everyone agrees if this is good or bad for a coach to do, but it is possible some players simply wouldn't play for him.

Did Ruiz get a proper chance with TFC?

nfitz
05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Did Ruiz get a proper chance with TFC?Did Ruiz want a proper chance at TFC?

Beach_Red
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Did Ruiz want a proper chance at TFC?

It's true, we'll never know for sure. Just speculation....