PDA

View Full Version : Pablo Vitti won't shoot

jloome
05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
...and that's the heart of the issue of why he doesn't score.

Guy has eight shots this year, three on net.(Or something like that. I looked up the stat about five days ago.)

Sure, part of that is spending too much time in the early season on the bench. But he always seems to be deliberately playing as a link up player, and not looking for room to score.

Is his confidence shot? He famously crapped out a few years ago for the u-21 Argentine team. Hasn't scored more than four goals since, as far as I can tell.

But the year before that, he was in double digits for Banfield. And we can all see how crazy talented the guy is; beyond his technique with the ball, his movement off the ball is insanely perceptive.

This guy, to my reckoning, could score 15 in this league if they played him as an out-and-out striker (although that description doesn't seem to fit anyone on our team right now) and told him his playing time depended on selfishness and a cruel intent to bag goals.

So do we try and fix him, or do we assume his days as a forward are, essentially, behind him, and he's more of a midfielder now, or hole player at most.

Stryker
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks tips.

jloome
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks tips.

Eh? You've lost me lad.

ensco
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
His confidence is shot. Everyone this kid cares about has given up on him.

He has to try to get his game back by playing in the rain and cold on plastic 8,000 kms from home.

It'd be as if you were told that the only job in the world you can get is as a copyboy in Jujuy :o - how would your confidence hold up?

Brooker
05-27-2009, 10:08 PM
we have no choice but to let him play... don't analyze it.

andyc
05-27-2009, 10:16 PM
His confidence is shot. Everyone this kid cares about has given up on him.

He has to try to get his game back by playing in the rain and cold on plastic 8,000 kms from home.

It'd be as if you were told that the only job in the world you can get is as a copyboy in Jujuy :o - how would your confidence hold up?

and it's not even a permanent move - on loan with no salary guaranteed...

Ossington Mental Youth
05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
id really really really like to see him as a striker but i expect that management and the supporters dont have the patience for it sadly, because i do believe dude could and would be effective and what we need

S_D
05-27-2009, 11:53 PM
I'd like to see him in Guevara's spot while he is off playing with Honduras

prizby
05-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Vitti actually has scored once this year, but poor MLS reffing called Dichio for a foul on his flick on for standing his own ground.

Shep
05-28-2009, 03:44 AM
I see the hunger in his eyes, he does want it.

I felt bad when he had his shirt off for that offside. Maybe his cherry will get the pop soon with Guevara and Wynne away, even from mid he will probably see a few chances.

Carter
05-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Vitti actually has scored once this year, but poor MLS reffing called Dichio for a foul on his flick on for standing his own ground.

The only time a ball has hit the back of the net from Vitti's foot, was when he was offside.

brad
05-28-2009, 06:12 AM
The only time a ball has hit the back of the net from Vitti's foot, was when he was offside.

And the Dichio flick on when it got called back for a foul on Dichio.

Carter
05-28-2009, 06:23 AM

Do you have video proof of this? Because i believe we are talking about the same thing, and he was clearly offside on the flick from Dichio, that why the linesman's flag went up.

But i have been known to be wrong. Video or it didn't happen.

CenturySam
05-28-2009, 06:40 AM
^ ya i think it is the same incident, flick on was offside, but I'm optimistic for Vitti.

Hopefully we will see what i want to see in the line up when Guevara and Wynne miss the 2 games after Houston. The back four will most likely be Attakora-Serioux- Velez- Brennan, Slide Dero into Guevaras spot, and start Vitti and Ibbee with Dichio in the middle. Barrett should now be the #1 sub for a few games since he has not produced. Time to give others a try up front while we have the chance to, since we are not really 'hurting' for points in the standings.

Stouffville_RPB
05-28-2009, 07:11 AM
I've said it so many times this year and I vow this will be the last time I do so.

Vitti is a striker who is asked to play on the wing and is forced to cover for Guevara who has been pushing forward alot more this season.

The formation that Cummins is currently deploying doesn't suit Vitti's style and talents. Vitti was the striker Carver was looking for to play in his 4-4-2. The striker that could make the runs and get by defenders. Unfortunately for Vitti he didn't get much of a chance to play under Carver and is now stuck out of position.

Vitti is playing further than he should from the net and that is the reason for the lack of goals from Vitti this season.

Oldtimer
05-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Since Cummins has indicated that he may play Vitti in Guevara's spot during Guevara's absence, we may get to see how he does in a different, more central position.

bertal
05-28-2009, 07:44 AM
im not a big fan of the guy but, the man's direction finder is way off currently.
time will tell... right?

Bobo
05-28-2009, 07:47 AM

Same incident. I thought it was a bogus foul call too, until I watched highlights after. Offside.

brad
05-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Do you have video proof of this? Because i believe we are talking about the same thing, and he was clearly offside on the flick from Dichio, that why the linesman's flag went up.

But i have been known to be wrong. Video or it didn't happen.

Nope, getting crossed wires here (whether the Dichio goal was a foul or offside or a good goal is besides the point here). And I misread your original post - I thought you said it only hit the back of the net once.

Vitti hit the back of the net twice.

Once was against KC - he was offside, buried it, took his shirt off, got carded. That's the one I thought you meant.

Other one was in the North End, the flick on from Dichio.

prizby
05-28-2009, 09:24 AM
vitti is a striker who can and shoul be playing more in the centre attack mid position, he is just magical with the ball and if he were to ever get the ball with some open space (cuz TFC can't really find a way to do this) he'd dazzle all of us.

Carter
05-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Nope, getting crossed wires here (whether the Dichio goal was a foul or offside or a good goal is besides the point here). And I misread your original post - I thought you said it only hit the back of the net once.

Vitti hit the back of the net twice.

Once was against KC - he was offside, buried it, took his shirt off, got carded. That's the one I thought you meant.

Other one was in the North End, the flick on from Dichio.

Yeah, now we are the same page. :)

DangerRed
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
and it's not even a permanent move - on loan with no salary guaranteed...

Wrong. Pablo Vitti's guaranteed salary for 2009 is $303,000 so it's not like he's short of cash. That's considerably more than the $202,500 that Barrett is guaranteed this year.*

That said, this dude basically needs to get more front and center time. How you do this without bumping Barrett for a few games, I don't know. I've been saying for a while now that Barrett is holding back the team and I stand by it. We could've perhaps drawn out against the Fire if not for his poor finishes. He's had his shot. It's Vitti's turn.

*Source: http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/3_15_09_salary_info_alpha.pdf

Yohan
05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
it'll be interesting to see if Vitti can fill in Guevara's shoes.

Creativity and passing wise, Guevara has Vitti beat. I think it'd make more sense to put DeRo in place of Guevara and Vitti play winger role with Barrett

Yohan
05-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Wrong. Pablo Vitti's guaranteed salary for 2009 is $303,000 so it's not like he's short of cash. That's considerably more than the $202,500 that Barrett is guaranteed this year.*

That said, this dude basically needs to get more front and center time. How you do this without bumping Barrett for a few games, I don't know. I've been saying for a while now that Barrett is holding back the team and I stand by it. We could've perhaps drawn out against the Fire if not for his poor finishes. He's had his shot. It's Vitti's turn.

*Source: http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/3_15_09_salary_info_alpha.pdf
and if Vitti doesn't pan out this year, his salary + 100,000 in allocation/some other player's salary = DP next year?

Arnie Knows
05-28-2009, 10:13 AM
There is a lot of speculation that Vitti is not geling with the boyzz and really does not like TO .
He is used to a very different lifestyle then Timmies double double..

Fort York Redcoat
05-28-2009, 10:18 AM
There is a lot of speculation that Vitti is not geling with the boyzz and really does not like TO .

I'm just backing him till end of season. Attitude can change for a player when the balls are hitting the back o the net.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
it'll be interesting to see if Vitti can fill in Guevara's shoes.

Creativity and passing wise, Guevara has Vitti beat. I think it'd make more sense to put DeRo in place of Guevara and Vitti play winger role with Barrett

Vitti has been playing that role and hasnt scored, im saying play him as CF (i know i know, Dichio is god, i agree but i still need to see more from Vitti before i dismiss him)

Says who? You got an inside man or is this speculation?

Arnie Knows
05-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Vitti has been playing that role and hasnt scored, im saying play him as CF (i know i know, Dichio is god, i agree but i still need to see more from Vitti before i dismiss him)

Says who? You got an inside man or is this speculation?

Lets just say it's not spec ..

DangerRed
05-28-2009, 10:42 AM

Really? Because in your last post you said "there's a lot of speculation." Make up your mind!

Roogsy
05-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I call BS.

His last stop was Ukraine.

And he has developed friendships here.

Unless he wants to go back home, he seemed pretty happy to be here considering where he last played.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-28-2009, 10:43 AM
unfortunate
ship him out then, i really wanted him to work out.

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 10:43 AM

Really? alot of specultation would mean that I would've already read it on these boards. If this is true, there certainly is no speculation about it in the media or in the public.

Roogsy
05-28-2009, 10:45 AM
unfortunate
ship him out then, i really wanted him to work out.

I wouldn't believe it Oss...

If you want him out because of lack of performance that is one thing.

But don't buy for a second that he is unhappy here. Maybe he'd be happier playing with his buddy Messi at Barcelona but who wouldn't be? LOL!

But from what I can tell, he is settling in gradually.

Blazer
05-28-2009, 11:13 AM
"Vitti Vitti,
He's our man,
If he can't do it,
Bring back Andy Welsh ..."

jloome
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I call BS.

His last stop was Ukraine.

And he has developed friendships here.

Unless he wants to go back home, he seemed pretty happy to be here considering where he last played.

Sounds like shit to me, too.

Body language says a lot. Remember Cunny? Samuel? Those guys weren't happy. Vitti looks happy -- although I'm not sure why TV has such a hard-on for him; he gets lots of long shots after the game, walking to the rooms etc. Maybe the girls are writing in.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't believe it Oss...

If you want him out because of lack of performance that is one thing.

But don't buy for a second that he is unhappy here. Maybe he'd be happier playing with his buddy Messi at Barcelona but who wouldn't be? LOL!

But from what I can tell, he is settling in gradually.

I dont want him out at all unless hes unhappy here (which at this point is all speculation, regardless of what people say imo). Id still really like to see him in his proper natural position but i really do suspect we wont and he wont be back at the end of year unless he takes a serious pay cut

grizzle
05-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I think Vitti will come around, its just a matter of time. In my opinion he is just getting warmed up and will do well in the time to come.

Chevy
05-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I think Vitti will come around, its just a matter of time. In my opinion he is just getting warmed up and will do well in the time to come.

+1. I think its evident to most who watch the game that he is one of the more skilled players on the team. He also works his ass off and (hopefully) that will start to pay off soon.

Arnie Knows
05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Really? alot of specultation would mean that I would've already read it on these boards. If this is true, there certainly is no speculation about it in the media or in the public.

Just becasue this has not been discussed here does not mean that it's not true .
I am hearing , he is restless and young /.
thats all I will say to that .

Darlofletch
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM
...That said, this dude basically needs to get more front and center time. How you do this without bumping Barrett for a few games, I don't know. I've been saying for a while now that Barrett is holding back the team and I stand by it. We could've perhaps drawn out against the Fire if not for his poor finishes. He's had his shot. It's Vitti's turn....

Chicago game's a bad example for that argument, Vitti missed a bunch of chances that game as well. Barrett, Dichio and Vitti did well as a front three when De Ro was out, so hopefully when guevara's away, De Ro can move in to his spot, and we can try that three up front again.

I'd love for Vitti to prove me wrong and turn out to be a better finisher then Barrett, but I just don't see it happening, he's clearly skillful and will create chances, but scoring isn't going to be his strength.

jloome
05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Chicago game's a bad example for that argument, Vitti missed a bunch of chances that game as well. Barrett, Dichio and Vitti did well as a front three when De Ro was out, so hopefully when guevara's away, De Ro can move in to his spot, and we can try that three up front again.

I'd love for Vitti to prove me wrong and turn out to be a better finisher then Barrett, but I just don't see it happening, he's clearly skillful and will create chances, but scoring isn't going to be his strength.

Then how do you explain a 10-goal season in the Argentine Primera?

Obviously, something went askew. But you don't go from scoring 10 in a season at a considerably higher league level than MLS if scoring isn't a "strength."

Darlofletch
05-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Then how do you explain a 10-goal season in the Argentine Primera?

Obviously, something went askew. But you don't go from scoring 10 in a season at a considerably higher league level than MLS if scoring isn't a "strength."

From tfc's website..

"His best season was in 2004/05 when he played for his hometown club Rosario Central when he scored eight goals in 29 appearances"

Myabe there's cup competition goals that it doesn't mention there, but either way, he's barely at 1 goal for every 4 games, and that was by far his best season goals wise.

As I said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Darlofletch
05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Career Statistics

SeasonClubGames (subs)Goals
2003/04Rosario Central7 (3)1
2004/05Rosario Central29 (2)8
2005/06Rosario Central23 (5)4
2006/07Rosario Central3 (3)0
Banfield3 (7)0
2007/08Banfield1 (3)0
Independiente1 (1)0
2008/09Chornomorets2 (2)1

again from tfc's websites player bio. where's this double digit campaign with banfield you mentioned in your original post? or a 10 goal season in the Argentinian Primera?

jloome
05-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Career Statistics

SeasonClubGames (subs)Goals
2003/04Rosario Central7 (3)1
2004/05Rosario Central29 (2)8
2005/06Rosario Central23 (5)4
2006/07Rosario Central3 (3)0
Banfield3 (7)0
2007/08Banfield1 (3)0
Independiente1 (1)0
2008/09Chornomorets2 (2)1

again from tfc's websites player bio. where's this double digit campaign with banfield you mentioned in your original post? or a 10 goal season in the Argentinian Primera?

My bad, Rosario central in 05-06, he had a run from the beginning of one season into early the next when he scored 10. There was a story right about the time he joined us that at that time, the Argentine press saw him as the next big thing.

Anyway, a guy scores eight in Argentina and you don't think he could bag that many, or more, here? Big difference in talent level.

gtaguy
05-28-2009, 08:01 PM
i hate to be a hater but i don't think vitti is cut out to play for us.. we already have many of him .. lots of shots but no goals..
the money hes being payed says to me that his job is to be a striker... your job is to put that ball in the net .. no excuses ..
i want to ask why in gods grace did we pick up a player that is hurt or unsure of themselves..
Vitti in my eyes has got to go.. sorry im just being truthful.. hes done zero for us the last 10 games i can't see what hes going to do better in the next 20 games.. Vitti in my eyes has got to go..
or eitherwise get this guy a shrink becuase it seems like hes lost his mojo...

Yohan
05-28-2009, 08:20 PM
i hate to be a hater but i don't think vitti is cut out to play for us.. we already have many of him .. lots of shots but no goals..
the money hes being payed says to me that his job is to be a striker... your job is to put that ball in the net .. no excuses ..
i want to ask why in gods grace did we pick up a player that is hurt or unsure of themselves..
Vitti in my eyes has got to go.. sorry im just being truthful.. hes done zero for us the last 10 games i can't see what hes going to do better in the next 20 games.. Vitti in my eyes has got to go..
or eitherwise get this guy a shrink becuase it seems like hes lost his mojo...
i thought the problem with vitti is that he isn't taking enough shots...

gtaguy
05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
don't take me so literal.. the point in fact is that although he is a messi in the way he plays and he takes his shots .
vitti has not panned out the way we expected him to .. to pay a guy alot of money and expect him to get better, come back from an injury i wonder why Carver would have thought that this guy would have been a right fit for our team.. (becuase of one goal he scored against us in a friendly means nothing).
To take an injured player or a player with low morale would have made sense to me if he was a developmental player but not a supposed "sure" striker ..
I understand that a player needs time to fit into a team chemistry then i ask why a Derosario style of player has done more for our club then a vitti. (and don't say because of the amount of time he plays.. ). I
hate to be the downer in a discussion but much like a club has to face reallites so do the supporters.. I rather take a barret over a vitti which his strike rate is questionable but his heart is there and his positioning will eventually lead him to glory..
Vitti might have been a good player but like most of us who are professionals we must prove that on a day to day basis.. footy is a sport ,they are expected to perform and a striker is looked upon badly if he cannot get the job done unless hes doing something else for the club.. again i say we have two of the same guys.. I rather barrett then an expensive vitti.. Go on take the money and run!!!

Daveisonfire
05-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Just becasue this has not been discussed here does not mean that it's not true .
I am hearing , he is restless and young /.
thats all I will say to that .

I call BS aswell...

Oh and tell me more about press announcements. I hear you are quite perceptive.

Gixmo
05-28-2009, 10:53 PM
"Vitti Vitti,
He's our man,
If he can't do it,
Bring back Andy Welsh ..."

I'm singing it out...
I'm feeling it...
And then I see/sing the last line and spill coffee on my shirt

Thanks.. lol

Vitti is out of position, and I don't think he dislikes it here. He just is in the wrong spot, or perhaps better put not the 'best' for him. He'll show us while Amado is gone, and you can remember this post

:scarf:

jloome
05-29-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm singing it out...
I'm feeling it...
And then I see/sing the last line and spill coffee on my shirt

Thanks.. lol

Vitti is out of position, and I don't think he dislikes it here. He just is in the wrong spot, or perhaps better put not the 'best' for him. He'll show us while Amado is gone, and you can remember this post

:scarf:

I think you're right about his central mid potential. But given that DeRo and Amado are both more natural fits there, why not actually try him as an out-and-out striker?

I think the Seattle game was the only occasion when he was alone up top. And it's not like we're likely to miss Barrett in that role (Danny, yes, but we've got a tight window on the next two games, and then an extra game in the schedule in two weeks, thanks to the Red Bulls addition.)

fetajr
05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe no one has gotten him the ball in an opportune spot where a shot might produce a goal. Perhaps if Vitti played in Barretts spot, he'd have more opportunities to shoot and score. How many chances has Barrett missed that Vitti would have put in?

CenturySam
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Maybe no one has gotten him the ball in an opportune spot where a shot might produce a goal. Perhaps if Vitti played in Barretts spot, he'd have more opportunities to shoot and score. How many chances has Barrett missed that Vitti would have put in?

i'd say at least half of them!

trane
05-29-2009, 01:33 PM
I think you're right about his central mid potential. But given that DeRo and Amado are both more natural fits there, why not actually try him as an out-and-out striker?

I think the Seattle game was the only occasion when he was alone up top. And it's not like we're likely to miss Barrett in that role (Danny, yes, but we've got a tight window on the next two games, and then an extra game in the schedule in two weeks, thanks to the Red Bulls addition.)

I was just going to say that, about the CM, I can see him developing as a CM, to replace Geuvarra as he ages. But I have seen flashes, were he looked like a big league striker, attacking the net, attacking defendes, creating by force, skill and speed. Getting rid of him is not a good optiion in my books. He can play, finding a role that suites him, is what we shuold be considering, you just do not find guys with his footy skills, and IQ every day in this league.

rocker
05-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I was just going to say that, about the CM, I can see him developing as a CM, to replace Geuvarra as he ages. But I have seen flashes, were he looked like a big league striker, attacking the net, attacking defendes, creating by force, skill and speed. Getting rid of him is not a good optiion in my books. He can play, finding a role that suites him, is what we shuold be considering, you just do not find guys with his footy skills, and IQ every day in this league.

i agree with that. honestly, he's more skilled than most of the players in this league. i'm not one to criticize him much about goals, cuz he does so much grunt work that doesn't show up on the scoring sheet. He's a multi-dimensional player. I want some goals too, but just to reward him for his work.

C.Ronaldo
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
hes a keeper

hes all passion and heart, and rarely gets fouls called his way, but doesn't complain.

let him start as much as barrett, then we can complain.

fetajr
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
hes a keeper

hes all passion and heart, and rarely gets fouls called his way, but doesn't complain.

let him start as much as barrett, then we can complain.

you got it. Barrett seems to have been on a free pass all year long...if they gave that chance to Vitti, i bet we'd soon forget about Barrett.

Pachuco
05-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Come on guys, Vitti is by no means a CM. Vitti doesn't have that natural passing vision that a CM needs to have. He doesn't pass half as often as a CM needs to pass. He likes to take on players as opposed to distribute the ball. He doesn't try and control the pace of the game by holding the ball up.

What about Vitti do you guys see that makes you think he can be a good CM? don't get it.

rocker
05-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Come on guys, Vitti is by no means a CM. Vitti doesn't have that natural passing vision that a CM needs to have. He doesn't pass half as often as a CM needs to pass. He likes to take on players as opposed to distribute the ball. He doesn't try and control the pace of the game by holding the ball up.

What about Vitti do you guys see that makes you think he can be a good CM? don't get it.

I think he has a good passing vision. He's set up Barrett numerous times this season. He seems to have a great sense of the game. But he tries to take on players because they are there for the taking (this is MLS afterall), and because he's great at taking on players (the ball's glued on the shoes).

trane
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
^ Agreed. It is hard to figure if he is fit to be a CM untill he is tried out there. He has the ability on the ball, and is an efficient passer, with good IQ/vision for attacking football. Does he have the 360 vision of the field that you would like in a CM? We will not know untill he is put in a more central and less forward position. As a striker he is expected to attack the box, the defender, and to pass only to others in scoring opportunities. Pull him back and see what he can do.

He may develo into more of Gerrard/Cahill ACM type, then a Pirlo/Arteta type play making CM type, but still in a more mid role. A side more, both Arteta and Pirlo were DM when they started and then developed into CMs, for my money to of the best pure CM in the word. Can young Cronin develop in the same way?

As for Vitti a lot of young players start in one position and move into another. That is usually the result of them being good players, but having that one factor/ability missing that stunts their growth in a certain position.

Steve
05-29-2009, 05:09 PM

Hahaha, you guys are funny.

Do people seriously think Vitti could just play in Barretts place and get the same number of chances? Do you think it's where Barrett PLAYS that gets him the number of shots he gets? Additionally, have you ever seen Vitti run? Him vs Dichio in a footrace would be close.

Essentially, you can't pretend that Vitti can get the breakaways that Barrett does. Truthfully, Vitti might NEVER get a breakaway where he's clear in on the keeper. Even if he timed his run perfectly, and I mean when the defence is stepping up, he might still be run down before getting close enough to put it away. Barrett, on the other hand, will outrun the defense and win the ball in a good position.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Barrett is the greatest player, but his strength is in creating chances (and missing them). Vitti just doesn't create his own chances the same way.

jloome
05-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Hahaha, you guys are funny.

Do people seriously think Vitti could just play in Barretts place and get the same number of chances? Do you think it's where Barrett PLAYS that gets him the number of shots he gets? Additionally, have you ever seen Vitti run? Him vs Dichio in a footrace would be close.

Essentially, you can't pretend that Vitti can get the breakaways that Barrett does. Truthfully, Vitti might NEVER get a breakaway where he's clear in on the keeper. Even if he timed his run perfectly, and I mean when the defence is stepping up, he might still be run down before getting close enough to put it away. Barrett, on the other hand, will outrun the defense and win the ball in a good position.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Barrett is the greatest player, but his strength is in creating chances (and missing them). Vitti just doesn't create his own chances the same way.

I think that's what's at issue, however: why doesn't he? You can't honestly say that it's all about pace, and a) I disagree that he's slow; he's not as fast as barrett, but barrett has major jets b) we've seen him dance around four defenders on a single sequence. So why isn't he trying it more often and creating scoring chances? Is that a fixable problem?

The consensus here seems to be either that he's developing into more of a play maker than a forward or that he might be a good striker if forced to try and take chances by being handed a central role.

ensco
05-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Given the realities of transfers from Argentina, and the weird stint in Ukraine, I'd bet that Vitti is only getting a fraction of that $303K.

Money might be a factor. It often is.