PDA

View Full Version : May 29 - CBC Sports Soccer Plus+

johnmolinaro
05-27-2009, 01:14 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/05/26/sp-soccer-plus.html

CBCSports.ca invites fans to join Nigel Reed and John F. Molinaro for CBC Sports Soccer Plus+, a live and interactive online soccer show, on Friday May 29 at 3 p.m. ET.

For 30 minutes, CBC Sports Soccer Plus+ will feature all the latest news from the world of soccer, including discussion on all things Toronto FC.

Reed and Molinaro will also interact with soccer fans and respond to questions, so email your questions early to Soccer@cbc.ca (Soccer@cbc.ca)

Also....

On Saturday May 30th at 2 p.m. ET, join us for a special edition of CBC SportsWeekend on the main CBC network. The beautiful game takes centre stage as we examine the issues facing Canadian soccer. (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/05/offside_fixing_canadian_soccer_5.html)

(http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/05/offside_fixing_canadian_soccer_5.html)
Join hosts Scott Russell and Jason de Vos as they delve into the major issues facing the game in Canada based on Jason's blog series on CBCSports.ca: OFFSIDE: FIXING CANADIAN SOCCER. Among the guests, Academy Director for Toronto FC Earl Cochrane, FC London President Ian Campbell and Toronto FC Goalkeeper Greg Sutton. We’ll also hear reaction from the Montreal Impact, Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC.

johnmolinaro
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Any questions for me and Nigel? you must want to ask me something?!? (stop laughing!)

John

Roogsy
05-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Ah...missed this.

I am not a big fan of online blogs or blog interviews. I find them hard to follow.

But a question I would have at this point would be Nigel or Jason's thoughts on the developing Canadian talent and if there has been a measurable impact on the Canadian scene even with Toronto FC only having been in existance for 3 years.

Nuvinho
05-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Who is the international friendly against?

Was twittergate real?

What happened to Jamie Smith?

CretanBull
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Any questions for me and Nigel? you must want to ask me something?!? (stop laughing!)

With all due respect to Scott Russell, the show is better when you host it. I know that you've said that you don't really want to be in front of the camera, but your insights are more interesting to listen to than Scott asking questions to Nigel and Jason. If the show was on TV I could understand the need for Scott's professionalism, but its being streamed on the web for die-hard fans...we don't need a slick media personality to keep our attention. Information & insight are more valuable to us than the entertainment factor.

The show has been cut back to a half hour, is that because of the added content of the Saturday show or is Sports Soccer Plus+ going to be a half hour from now on?

I followed Jason's blogs and listened to him offer his thoughts on how to improve the set up of soccer in Canada. My question to him is - is anyone listening?

johnmolinaro
05-28-2009, 01:54 PM
With all due respect to Scott Russell, the show is better when you host it. I know that you've said that you don't really want to be in front of the camera, but your insights are more interesting to listen to than Scott asking questions to Nigel and Jason. If the show was on TV I could understand the need for Scott's professionalism, but its being streamed on the web for die-hard fans...we don't need a slick media personality to keep our attention. Information & insight are more valuable to us than the entertainment factor.

The show has been cut back to a half hour, is that because of the added content of the Saturday show or is Sports Soccer Plus+ going to be a half hour from now on?

I followed Jason's blogs and listened to him offer his thoughts on how to improve the set up of soccer in Canada. My question to him is - is anyone listening?

Yes, the show has been cut back to 30 minutes this week due to Saturday's programming. Plus, it's only going to be me and Nigel this week with no guests and no De Vos - I think it would get boring to have to listen to Nig and I ramble on for more than 30 minutes!

I take your point about Scott, but I think he does a great job of hosting the show and directing traffic, so to speak. And anything that helps keep me off camera can't be a bad thing :wink5:

Keep those questions coming - otherwise Nig and I won't have anything to chat about!!

arbogast
05-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Predictions re: TFC Vs Whitecaps showdown, it's for all the marbles, what are the keys to the game, who are the key players, potentia lineups, who will end up victoriuos?

gtaguy
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
1st question
Do you guys think Mo johnston is waiting for O'brian White to plays a few games to see if he will make and impact as striker, before he goes out to look for a proven goal scorer.

2nd
Do you see toronto making any additions to the squad over the summer months and what position apart from striker do you think needs to be looked at.

3rd
What are your overall views on cummins. Do you think he will be name permanent coach if he even gets a 50% or better win rate this season.

4th
Do you have any insight on how the MLSE envisions toronto fc in the future.

prizby
05-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey John

Thoughts on Pablo going home in July?

(question maybe for jason, which you guys can address) How come so many of the canadian national football players come from urban areas like the GTA, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver? (i think i counted 14 or 15 of the 17 called up for the Cyprus game)

Why is it they come from urban areas but a lot of Canadian hockey players don't (Chris Pronger from Dryden, Sidney Crosby from Cole Harbour etc...)?

Finally,

When Can I get an invite to your buffet at the games...I want food too.

TFCRegina
05-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey John

Thoughts on Pablo going home in July?

(question maybe for jason, which you guys can address) How come so many of the canadian national football players come from urban areas like the GTA, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver? (i think i counted 14 or 15 of the 17 called up for the Cyprus game)

Why is it they come from urban areas but a lot of Canadian hockey players don't (Chris Pronger from Dryden, Sidney Crosby from Cole Harbour etc...)?

Finally,

When Can I get an invite to your buffet at the games...I want food too.

Cole Harbour is part of Halifax for all intents and purposes, used to live near there.

As for questions:

What do the two of you think is required to completely sweep the CSA, as it currently is, away and completely rebuild the organization in such a way that it actually benefits the players?

gtaguy
05-28-2009, 06:36 PM
hey john..

got one more question..

Seeing as the European leagues finishes play for the summer season and the market transfer window opens ..
How can the MLS league take advantage of this and showcase our soccer abroad..

fetajr
05-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey John,

I read that CBC has the rights to broadcast all world cup 2010 games next year.

Do you know if all of the games will be on the regular CBC channel (5, 5-1 over antenna)? or will some be on CBC Bold or anything less accessible? (please say no Bold)

johnmolinaro
05-29-2009, 03:18 PM
here's the on-demand file:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/ondemand/?playlistId=342f98228b01575c0969a25a7b11f2dd3993c4 47&videoId=1136482743

prizby
06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
On Saturday May 30th at 2 p.m. ET, join us for a special edition of CBC SportsWeekend on the main CBC network. The beautiful game takes centre stage as we examine the issues facing Canadian soccer. (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/05/offside_fixing_canadian_soccer_5.html)

(http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/05/offside_fixing_canadian_soccer_5.html)
Join hosts Scott Russell and Jason de Vos as they delve into the major issues facing the game in Canada based on Jason's blog series on CBCSports.ca: OFFSIDE: FIXING CANADIAN SOCCER. Among the guests, Academy Director for Toronto FC Earl Cochrane, FC London President Ian Campbell and Toronto FC Goalkeeper Greg Sutton. We’ll also hear reaction from the Montreal Impact, Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC.

is there any video for this?