PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Stuffing All Star Ballots

Calvin
05-26-2009, 01:47 PM
To all you who thought our voting would not effect the outcome of the all star vote: Donovan and Dero only two non Seattle players selected from fan voting.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090526&content_id=4960482&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Pisses me off, the all star status increases a players market value, there is no question.

Most of these players WILL NOT be selected for the final roster, so they WONT get tired or injured BUT they see their fans support AND the rest of the league does too.

Do you really want players to think Seattle has the best fans in the MLS? Thats what it looks like.

werewolf
05-26-2009, 01:49 PM
1. "The online fan balloting program, which concludes on July 6, will comprise 25 percent of the total vote for the All-Star First XI, with coaches and general managers, players and media each holding 25 percent of the vote."

2. Good. Let their players be injured and tired from an extra away game.

Nodoubtguy
05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
1. "The online fan balloting program, which concludes on July 6, will comprise 25 percent of the total vote for the All-Star First XI, with coaches and general managers, players and media each holding 25 percent of the vote."

2. Good. Let their players be injured and tired from an extra away game.

:cool:

Calvin
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
you know youd love to see us have 9 players on that. i said "fan voting" which is 25% but clearly still says a lot.

EVEN MORE reason:

Show Serioux how much we appreciate him, and then maybe he gets cut after fan voting. Still our players get to see we care. I guess they are all thinking Seattles fans are better!

Most of these players WILL NOT be selected for the final roster, so they WONT get tired or injured BUT they see their fans support AND the rest of the league does too.

Suds
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
could care less about the all-star game personally ... If I were Seattle fans I'd be less worried about stuffing the ballots and thinking my team, that has only 1 win in the last 4 games, may not want its entire staring 11 to be taxed with having to play and extra game

AL-MO
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
WHO CARES. :p

TFC fans have stuff plenty a ballot in our short history.

morgank1986
05-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Wasn't there a plan to stuff the ballot boxes with Ibbe votes?

TOBOR !
05-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Zzzzzzzz

Wagner
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
we did this stuff in the past.
it's part of maturing as a fan base.
it's only 25%...the league picks who they want there....it's not a transparent process.
Let there guys fly all the way to Salt Lake City....play an extra game...risk injury.

Afra
05-26-2009, 02:19 PM
The rest of the league can think what they want. When they travel here or we travel there, they will learn who the best are.

werewolf
05-26-2009, 02:20 PM
btw, I am planning on TFC playing a game that day anyway.

Nuvinho
05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Drew Carey stuffing his face again??

sulfur
05-26-2009, 02:25 PM
you know youd love to see us have 9 players on that.
Like many others here... I definitely wouldn't. I'd love to see all of the best players from our immediate rival teams on that all-star squad though...

And I'm looking forward to our Champions League game that evening. :)

dantdot
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Awwww...they remind me of us our first year. *Pats Seattle fans on head*

Bobo
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
we did this stuff in the past.
it's part of maturing as a fan base.
it's only 25%...the league picks who they want there....it's not a transparent process.
Let there guys fly all the way to Salt Lake City....play an extra game...risk injury.

Well said.

Detroit_TFC
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Those cads. They will learn like we did.

In MLS voting is as meaningful as it was in the Soviet Union. The people in power will consider your opinion and then do what they want.

flatpicker
05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't really care much... it would be nice to have one TFC player represent us,
But other than that it matters little to me.
When the All-Star game was in Toronto I was more interested in seeing a Red in the lineup...
This game is not important to me... save the legs for games that count for something.

ben_vw
05-26-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL. We did the exact same thing in year one. No wonder everyone hated us... :P

Don Julio
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Do you really want players to think Seattle has the best fans in the MLS? Thats what it looks like.

All stuffing the ballots does is make you look like the biggest losers in the MLS.

jaahuuu
05-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Those cads. They will learn like we did.

In MLS voting is as meaningful as it was in the Soviet Union. The people in power will ignore your opinion and then do what they want.
fixed

TFC07
05-27-2009, 09:18 AM
I just hope none of TFC players end up in all-star team. They need their rest!

Yohan
05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I just hope none of TFC players end up in all-star team. They need their rest!
I'll let Gabe Gala, Emmanuel Gomez, Johann Smith be on the All Star team

Blazer
05-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Can someone offer me good reason why I should appreciate the MLS all-star game? Does it merit our support? Outside of the obvious of course – sure our guys in Red want to feel the love, etc. I need someone’s insight as to why I should care more about this “game” than I do …

Yohan
05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Can someone offer me good reason why I should appreciate the MLS all-star game? Does it merit our support? Outside of the obvious of course – sure our guys in Red want to feel the love, etc. I need someone’s insight as to why I should care more about this “game” than I do …
just like mid season friendlies, absolutely useless, from pragmatic POV

Calvin
05-27-2009, 10:15 AM

our success increases worldwide respect for our league.

Blazer
05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
our success increases worldwide respect for our league.

I can’t see the success of an MLS all-star game contributing to worldwide acknowledgement. I can see international friendlies doing so sure, but I’m not the least bit interested in the KHL’s all star hockey game in Russia.

sulfur
05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Our all-star game doesn't contribute to worldwide acknowledgment except in the fact that teams see that they can send over their reserves and still get the appearance fee. :)

Detroit_TFC
05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
fixed

:thumbsup:

Hitcho
05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Still our players get to see we care. I guess they are all thinking Seattles fans are better!

Do you seriously think the TFC players will be feeling hurt and let down by this?! Is that your argument?

:noidea:

ilikemusic
05-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Seattle is stuffing the ballot?!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/ilikemusicmore/_.gif