View Full Version : Is Ricketts responsible for "Twittergate?"

Oldtimer
05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
It's time to consider the question.

Original thread here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13724

Carter
05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I would like to hear the reasons for the someone "hacked" his account, when it was sent from his Blackberry?

Nodoubtguy
05-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I would like to hear the reasons for the someone "hacked" his account, when it was sent from his Blackberry?

thats not 100%.....it was sent from twitterberry, which can be on any blackberry, so all they need is his password....

trail
05-26-2009, 01:26 PM
what about an option for one of his friends or family?? I'm sure there are opportunities for then to have access to his phone with out him knowing.

Nuvinho
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
some more twittergate info:

I have a new one now but dont know if I gonna get it back on my Blackberry..5:42 PM May 12th (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1778307489) from web

chilling at home.. I lost my phone so twitterberry has been out of reach..5:42 PM May 12th (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1778301978) from web

dantdot
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM
What's poppin' fellas? Who dun it?

Oldtimer
05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
what about an option for one of his friends or family?? I'm sure there are opportunities for then to have access to his phone with out him knowing.

Some "friend" if they posted comments like that.

Carter
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Some "friend" if they posted comments like that.

Marketing Tool... lol

billyfly
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Can we change the poll question "from shoes" to "socks" for Italians?

trail
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
If it was not him it has to be someone close to him. Some one that thinks they were helping him, some one that he vented to. JMO though. I have talked to him several times and I just cant see him saying he plays under par. He has to much self pride.

Don Julio
05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
How about an "Ultimately, yes." option.

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 01:38 PM

I'd like to hear the reasons as to how you majically figured out it was sent from his blackberry.

Darlofletch
05-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Definitely his boots!!
Tricky bastards those Pirma shoes!!!!

Interstingly enough, Rollin'with Ricketts is no longer listed in the blogs section of the tfc website, It was there just a few days ago, even if it hadn't been updated in a couple of months.

DOMIN8R
05-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Interstingly enough, Rollin'with Ricketts is no longer listed in the blogs section of the tfc website, It was there just a few days ago, even if it hadn't been updated in a couple of months.

^^^^ The plot thickens:rolleyes:

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Definitely his boots!!

hmm..that definately is interesting!

Carter
05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I'd like to hear the reasons as to how you majically figured out it was sent from his blackberry.

Twitterberry is an application for "BLACKBERRYS" i just assumed that he wouldn't be dumb enough to give someone else his account information...

BUT i have been known to be wrong.. :rolleyes:

Lucky Strike
05-26-2009, 01:54 PM
It's time to consider the question.

Original thread here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13724

Lol, nice to see I've coined the term "Twittergate".

Nuvinho
05-26-2009, 01:55 PM
wow!!! They just mentioned RR's twitter updates to CC on TFC TV!!!

McGill

TFC.ca > Supporters > Rollin' with Ricketts (still there)
All they did was remove it from the homepage..

Shakes McQueen
The fact that the offending Twitter posts came from RR's BlackBerry, indicates that a friend probably got a hold of it and posted those messages.

- Scott

Carts
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Some say that "any publicity is good publicity"...LOL

Is that the case here...???

Carts...
Stay Thirsty My Friends...

Darlofletch
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM

ah, didn't think to look in the "supporters" section.

never mind then, move along, nothing to see here.

Nuvinho
05-26-2009, 02:15 PM
if the word "twittergate" makes it on TV or newspapers........Lucky Strike should be credited with it.......haha!!!

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Twitterberry is an application for "BLACKBERRYS" i just assumed that he wouldn't be dumb enough to give someone else his account information...

BUT i have been known to be wrong.. :rolleyes:

DUDE, you don't even make sense. You asked the question as to why people would say that his account got hacked when the message was sent from his blackberry. I challenged how you knew it was sent from his blackberry and you say that twitterberry is for blackberrys and he's not dumb enough to give out his information?

Shit man, if he gave out his account information would you call that hacking in the first place? obviously not. Someone hacking his account means they probably used a dictionary attack on it since twitter is just about the most unsecure social networking site on the internet. don't believe me, google twitter and hack. As I said before, you can pay money to get a twitter password if you really wanted to and if you didn't know how to perform a dictionary attack on a twitter account yourself.

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 02:20 PM
The fact that the offending Twitter posts came from RR's BlackBerry, indicates that a friend probably got a hold of it and posted those messages.

- Scott

Oh my god, why am I sitting here repeating myself. How the heck did you all come to the conclusion the twitter messages were sent from his blackberry?

Back to the only fact we know. The message was sent from an application called twitterberry, that's all anyone knows. Now go look up how many downloads of twitterberry there have been and you'll see that he's not the only owner of this application.

Lucky Strike
05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
if the word "twittergate" makes it on TV or newspapers........Lucky Strike should be credited with it.......haha!!!

HA! That'll be the day. :D

P.S. The "hacked" option in the poll to me means more than just hacking. At least for me, this option means "anybody but RR who posted in his name". Hacking, in the sense of using a computer to break in, is not necessarily the only option; it could just mean someone got a hold of his password or something and logged in (if that makes any sense).

Carter
05-26-2009, 02:27 PM

- Scott

DUDE, you don't even make sense. You asked the question as to why people would say that his account got hacked when the message was sent from his blackberry. I challenged how you knew it was sent from his blackberry and you say that twitterberry is for blackberrys and he's not dumb enough to give out his information?

Shit man, if he gave out his account information would you call that hacking in the first place? obviously not. Someone hacking his account means they probably used a dictionary attack on it since twitter is just about the most unsecure social networking site on the internet. don't believe me, google twitter and hack. As I said before, you can pay money to get a twitter password if you really wanted to and if you didn't know how to perform a dictionary attack on a twitter account yourself.

I guess Shakes is wrong as well.

But in all honesty i really don't think dictionary attack would work, i think that possibly a Hybrid attack would work, but most hackers use would use a Brute Force Attack to get the password because unless you are 9 years old you don't use passwords that are picked out of the dictionary.

The comments were Posted from a TWITTERBERRY application which is blackberry based. Which in my mind, unless they had previous knowledge of his password they would have had to "HACK" the account. UNLESS it was made from his blackberry.

Sorry my english wasn't the "proper" way of stating it, but i was going from what the POLL was made.

I'm sorry that you took offense to a situation i was trying to make light of, but you have never been a fan of the smiles on this board...

jloome
05-26-2009, 02:27 PM

- Scott

How do you figure?

DOMIN8R
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM

^^ the plot thins:o

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM

But in all honesty i really don't think dictionary attack would work, i think that possibly a Hybrid attack would work, but most hackers use would use a Brute Force Attack to get the password because unless you are 9 years old you don't use passwords that are picked out of the dictionary.

The comments were Posted from a TWITTERBERRY application which is blackberry based. Which in my mind, unless they had previous knowledge of his password they would have had to "HACK" the account. UNLESS it was made from his blackberry.

Sorry my english wasn't the "proper" way of stating it, but i was going from what the POLL was made.

I'm sorry that you took offense to a situation i was trying to make light of, but you have never been a fan of the smiles on this board...

shoud've googled twitter and hack as I said before. Twitter allows none-complexity passwords, which drives the behaviour of people using simple passwords. Twitter has been burned by the media because of how suscepible they are to dictionary attacks, and how easy it is to hack an account. Here is an example. Note, Obama's account has been hacked ;)

Weak Password Brings ‘Happiness’ to Twitter Hacker

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/01/professed-twitt/

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Oh, and this isn't about who's right and who's wrong. It's about stating something as fact ("the messages came from Ricketts' Blackberry") when there is no proof of that. He may very well have typed it himself for all I know. I'm just making sure people understand that as of right now, absolutely no one knows whether they came from his phone or not. Funny thing is, it could've come from another Blackberry and it could've been him. So that statement proves nothing either way.

Nuvinho
05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I blame Jim Balsillie!!!

without blackberry, there would be no twitterberry!!

P.S. Garry told me to blame Jim!!

Carter
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
shoud've googled twitter and hack as I said before. Twitter allows none-complexity passwords, which drives the behaviour of people using simple passwords. Twitter has been burned by the media because of how suscepible they are to dictionary attacks, and how easy it is to hack an account. Here is an example. Note, Obama's account has been hacked ;)

Good thing i was bored this afternoon, i always enjoy my conversations with you....

You always seem to be able to prove me wrong. :D :rolleyes:;)

Carter
05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh, and this isn't about who's right and who's wrong. It's about stating something as fact ("the messages came from Ricketts' Blackberry") when there is no proof of that. He may very well have typed it himself for all I know. I'm just making sure people understand that as of right now, absolutely no one knows whether they came from his phone or not. Funny thing is, it could've come from another Blackberry and it could've been him. So that statement proves nothing either way.

Well the tweets now say he lost his blackberry. so hes missing the twitterberry.

I don't know about him but i also have a password on my blackberry so only i can open it....

:cool:

The Kingpin
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
This is awesome!!

H Bomb
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
What's going on? I've totally missed this event. Seems like messageboard heaven

Shakes McQueen
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM

So I'm presumptuous for guessing that someone posted these messages from his phone, but you're totally reasonable for assuming he had an easy password, or got hacked?

TwitterBerry is a BlackBerry application for posting Twitter messages, and all of the offending messages were posted from that application. If his BlackBerry was brute force hacked, said person would likely have to be in possession of his BlackBerry.

And if he got hacked, I suspect the hacker wouldn't use his new found access to post mopey, whiny posts (one referring to himself in the third person) about how he isn't getting playing time, and might be on the way out.

The content of the posts, and the fact that they came from a BlackBerry, indicate to me that a friend got a hold of his phone, and posted them. Especially considering that when the "real" Rohan later posted to say those posts were garbage, he didn't say he was hacked - he just said he wasn't the person who posted them.

If you have a different theory, that's fine. But don't talk to me like I'm a crazy person for thinking a friend probably decided to vent about his situation, on his behalf. :D

- Scott

The Kingpin
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
What's going on? I've totally missed this event. Seems like messageboard heaven

It's the ultimate nerd classic... Read away!

Shakes McQueen
05-26-2009, 02:56 PM

You are right, I can't confirm for certain that they came from RR's phone specifically. Someone else could have brute forced his Twitter account from their BlackBerry.

How likely do you think that is, versus a friend venting on his behalf, given the content of the messages (I refuse to call them "tweets")?

- Scott

trail
05-26-2009, 02:56 PM
I think TFC TWITTERGATE has a nice ring to it:D

BakaGaijin
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
It seems a bit odd that the Rohan Twitter posts often use ".........." in the middle of a sentence. After the "..........." there is usually a 'space' and then the next word starts with a capital letter. This seems quite unique. Most people continue in lower case after using "................". This format is consistent for the controversial posts and then non-controversial ones. It suggests the same person typing for all of the posts.

This is a message from Rohan... It was not me who was sending out those messages prior to this one!! I apologise to anyone who was offended!

Everyone likes to formulate their own opinion which is their individual truth. The REAL truth never gets told.... Remember that!!!!

What do u do when your not wanted and someone wants u leave but they wanna try and trade u behind your back then ask u to walk 4 free.. Nuts

Somebody send me the orl v cavs score... Please

Have to attend a baby shower today... Congrats to Jason Acosta and Pamela soon to be Acosta!!

wzhxvy
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Do you guys not read ? Why are we arguing about what application does what ???

RR says he lost his phone...so he is saying it was done through his phone.

This all makes perfect sense Rohan buddy...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
how about he's shite...and i dont care! option!

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
You are right, I can't confirm for certain that they came from RR's phone specifically. Someone else could have brute forced his Twitter account from their BlackBerry.

How likely do you think that is, versus a friend venting on his behalf, given the content of the messages (I refuse to call them "tweets")?

- Scott

What do you not understand about brute force (in this case dictionary) attacks? it can happen on any device, anywhere so long as you can access www.twitter.com (http://www.twitter.com). Why do you say someone has to do it from a blackberry? The posts came from a Blackberry, that doesn't mean the hack came from the blackberry. Heck, you can pay money to have someone retrieve the password for you if you really wanted to.

The irony of all this is I don't disagree with you the tweets could have come from his phone or from a friend. I disagree with the stament as fact that the posts came from his phone. That's all.

wzhxvy
05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Pachuco, so are you saying RR is lying about losing his phone ? I mean if the guy is saying it came from his phone, why are we disputing it ?

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 03:07 PM
It seems a bit odd that the Rohan Twitter posts often use ".........." in the middle of a sentence. After the "..........." there is usually a 'space' and then the next word starts with a capital letter. This seems quite unique. Most people continue in lower case after using "................". This format is consistent for the controversial posts and then non-controversial ones. It suggests the same person typing for all of the posts.

This is a message from Rohan... It was not me who was sending out those messages prior to this one!! I apologise to anyone who was offended!

Everyone likes to formulate their own opinion which is their individual truth. The REAL truth never gets told.... Remember that!!!!

What do u do when your not wanted and someone wants u leave but they wanna try and trade u behind your back then ask u to walk 4 free.. Nuts

Have to attend a baby shower today... Congrats to Jason Acosta and Pamela soon to be Acosta!!

That's pretty good investigative work. It's like hand writing recognition for Twitter :D. Seriuosly though, good observation.

Nuvinho
Pachuco, so are you saying RR is lying about losing his phone ? I mean if the guy is saying it came from his phone, why are we disputing it ?

Did RR say it was coming from his phone? He lost his phone earlier in May.

trail
I think some one needs to ad the unsolved mysteries song to the back ground on this post :rolleyes:

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 03:08 PM

Actually I must have missed that somewhere. When did he say that? Either way, why do people keep assuming I have a theory? I don't. Just saying that we have to do better investigate work then just assume the posts came from his phone because twitterberry was used. ;)

I gotta say, this is entertaining stuff...haha.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM

hmmmm good analysis!

wzhxvy
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Actually I must have missed that somewhere. When did he say that? Either way, why do people keep assuming I have a theory? I don't. Just saying that we have to do better investigate work then just assume the posts came from his phone because twitterberry was used. ;)

I gotta say, this is entertaining stuff...haha.

:-) ha ha

Its on the first page of this thread. He had more tweets today about losing his phone and no longer using it for twitter. And dude, this is entertainment for me as well. All good !

Nuvinho
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Its on the first page of this thread. He had more tweets today about losing his phone and no longer using it for twitter. And dude, this is entertainment for me as well. All good !

That was from May 12th tweets!!!

wzhxvy
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So he didnt replace his phone for 3 weeks ? Or he lost it again ?

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM

Hmm..weird. If I go to his home page on twitter I don't see any updates for 24 hours? I follow him on Twitter as well and don't see those updates in my profile. This reminds me I have to install tweetdeck again since I rebuilt my computer.

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Ahh ok. Makes sense now. Actually, that kinda makes sense to his theory a little bit. But he probably should've changed his twitter password if that was really the case. My head is spinning.

Boudge
05-26-2009, 03:24 PM

Very good sleuthing!

Been dying to use that word

Stryker
05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Is there a "who cares just unload this guy already" option?

Dozitwin
05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
On TFC TV Cummins gets asked about Ricketts and the Twitter comments. Cummins fluffs it off in his normal laid back style but does comment on the team formation and Rohan needing to push out someone from the starting 11

dantdot
05-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Haha, on TFC TV in the media scrum, a reporter asks Cummins about Rickett's situation and twitter.

Dozitwin
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Definitely his boots!!

Good catch....it was actually there earlier today. They just posted an updated artical, likely took it down then. Interesting.

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Good catch....it was actually there earlier today. They just posted an updated artical, likely took it down then. Interesting.

I think you need the entire thread before you keep posting ;)

Oh, the other Ricketts thread to. Actually, they should just be merged for the sake of people not repeating themselves.

squarehead
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM

when typing on a cellphone and using "predictive text" the text after a period (which "..." is - three periods in a row) will start with a capital letter

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
when tying on a cellphone and using "predictive text" the text after a period (which "..." is - three periods in a row) will start with a capital letter

Dang, a good point. Has this been tested and confirmed on a crackberry? :D. In order to perform a true test, we need to know which crackberry Ricketts chooses to use.

Then again, it could all just mean that two different people used prescriptive text on two crackberries. Or one person on two crackberries. Or two people on one Crackberry.

:banghead:

Dozitwin
05-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I think you need the entire thread before you keep posting ;)

Oh, the other Ricketts thread to. Actually, they should just be merged for the sake of people not repeating themselves.

So true man. After I posted I kept reading and twice went shit....that's already been posted. Anyway I've read everything now so I'm reasonably caught up.

Cheers

WHITEY
05-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Thank god for this thread... It has made a very long and boring day at work entertaining and go by quick! :smilewinkgrin:

Dozitwin
05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
some more twittergate info:

I have a new one now but dont know if I gonna get it back on my Blackberry..5:42 PM May 12th (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1778307489) from web

chilling at home.. I lost my phone so twitterberry has been out of reach..5:42 PM May 12th (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1778301978) from web

The follow up to this info:

I'm back on twitter berry..3:39 PM May 14th (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1799897104) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)

Carter
05-26-2009, 04:16 PM

I'm back on twitter berry..3:39 PM May 14th (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1799897104) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)

TOUCHÉ

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 04:19 PM

So based on this info. He lost his phone, he got a new phone, and started twittering again on twitterberry. If he is really telling the truth, then he failed to change his password for Twitter after losing his phone. And carter is right, he really should have a password protecting his phone period. He made it to easy if that was the case.

Carter
05-26-2009, 04:21 PM
So based on this info. He lost his phone, he got a new phone, and started twittering again on twitterberry. If he is really telling the truth, then he failed to change his password for Twitter after losing his phone. And carter is right, he really should have a password protecting his phone period. He made it to easy if that was the case.

SWEET i think this is the first thing ive been right about when it comes to you. ;)

AL-MO
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
SWEET i think this is the first thing ive been right about when it comes to you. ;)

The sun shines on a dogs ass once a day. :lol:

jloome
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Lord, the naivete on this board sometimes. He wrote them. He wrote them all. If you don't get that, you're straining logic and credulity. What, someone who both knows TFC well enough to dislike Rohan Ricketts just happened to find his phone, and just happened to twitter about not getting enough playing time?

:rolleyes5::banghead:

Fushida
05-26-2009, 04:34 PM

My phone autocapitalizes after I enter a "........" don't think that's a big deal... and a lot of people type with "..." no? Interesting but I think this is overanalyzing it a bit...

Roogsy
05-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Lord, the naivete on this board sometimes. He wrote them. He wrote them all. If you don't get that, you're straining logic and credulity. What, someone who both knows TFC well enough to dislike Rohan Ricketts just happened to find his phone, and just happened to twitter about not getting enough playing time?

You are missing another option.

That he wrote some and someone else close to him did not "hack" but rather had approved access wrote some of the others. Which ones were directly RR is not clear, but knowing how his crew operates, it would not surprise me if this is how it happened.

TFC Cityboy
05-26-2009, 04:57 PM
^^ aha the grassy knoll theory!

Ontario Arab
05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Who really cares the boy is riding the bench making large bucks not doing his job terribly well.......so he can piss off.

Chevy
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
^^ aha the grassy knoll theory!

Don't you mean "the grassy troll theory"??:D

trane
05-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I think it was a magic bullet that hit RR's black berry.

ensco
05-26-2009, 05:38 PM

I bear no ill will towards Rohan, but this is the only logical thing to believe.

Ask any cop who has ever worked on a beat or pulled anyone over. A cop will tell you that no one ever admits they were wrong, or screwed up. Always they come up with some screwy story. Always.

FluSH
05-26-2009, 05:41 PM
what in the world is going on in this thread!?!??! It started off well... as a joke... but then...

trane
05-26-2009, 05:43 PM
^ Agreed on Rohan, but personally when I get pulled over I either say nothig, or say it like it is, I never lie. Stupidest thing you can do to a cop is lie. If you are in shit and you want to fight it, say nothing.

jloome
05-26-2009, 05:48 PM
I bear no ill will towards Rohan, but this is the only logical thing to believe.

Ask any cop who has ever worked on a beat or pulled anyone over. A cop will tell you that no one ever admits they were wrong, or screwed up. Always they come up with some screwy story. Always.

Actually dude, some of us are positively overflowing with humility. I said "I'm wrong" about a million times a week.

Of course, I rarely am:D

ensco
05-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Actually dude, some of us are positively overflowing with humility. I said "I'm wrong" about a million times a week.

Of course, I rarely am:D

To quote Winston Churchill: "He is a humble man, with much to be humble about"! :p

TFC07
05-26-2009, 05:58 PM
What is going on here? What exactly did Ricketts say that has everyone pissed off?

jloome
05-26-2009, 06:00 PM
What is going on here? What exactly did Ricketts say that has everyone pissed off?

It's earlier in the thread lower down on this; this is the continuation thread. Basically, he twittered about being ticked at a lack of playing time and at not being wanted, but not being allowed to move earlier in the season because they wanted something for him.

Nothing shocking but probably tactless given his precarious squad status.

Pachuco
05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
It's earlier in the thread lower down on this; this is the continuation thread. Basically, he twittered about being ticked at a lack of playing time and at not being wanted, but not being allowed to move earlier in the season because they wanted something for him.

Nothing shocking but probably tactless given his precarious squad status.

Well since Jloome doesn't tell you the whole story, I suggest you read both threads if you want to be caught up. Ricketts by the way has publicly said he didn't twitter what JLoome just said he twittered ;) take it for what it's worth, take your side :)

Carter
05-26-2009, 06:24 PM

I love how you quoted my post and made the naivete comment, did you even bother reading what i was right about? I was right about the fact that if it was his phone it should have been password locked.

But whatever, I loved Rohan to start, but his song and dance is getting tiring.

I'm not naieve either, i was just posting for fun and even said that to Pachuco earlier in the afternoon, but Mr. I'm always Right Logic, has to come in a break up our fun, way to derail the fun thread......... :rolleyes:

jloome
05-26-2009, 08:17 PM
I love how you quoted my post and made the naivete comment, did you even bother reading what i was right about? I was right about the fact that if it was his phone it should have been password locked.

But whatever, I loved Rohan to start, but his song and dance is getting tiring.

I'm not naieve either, i was just posting for fun and even said that to Pachuco earlier in the afternoon, but Mr. I'm always Right Logic, has to come in a break up our fun, way to derail the fun thread......... :rolleyes:

You're welcome.

Oldtimer
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
This whole thread was posted for fun. Use the other thread for serious discussion about the content of the Tweets. This thread is only about conspiracy theories one way or the other... That it is.;)

Nuvinho
05-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I wonder if the word "twittergate" ever makes it to Special 1TV.

Carter
05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
You're welcome.

:D:rolleyes::D:drinking:

Auzzy
05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately I neglected to copyright the term "Twittergate" for the Ricketts affair. Used it first today, May 26, 2009 - 02:56 AM on the GoTFC forum. Lucky Strike used it later, at 12:23 pm, but now he's gonna get all the fame & glory. Oh well... :-)

(Actually, just googled Twittergate, lots of people have used it for a long time, so I probably owe royalties to someone else...)

Still wondering though why Ricketts doesn't just delete the messages that supposedly didn't come from him. Not sure if you can do that via Twitterberry, but he could just access his account via twitter.com on the web and delete any of the posts he doesn't like...

Ossington Mental Youth
05-26-2009, 11:46 PM
im a fan of ricketts but i have no doubt he sent these out and him and management have agreed to pretend like it didnt happen.
I feel for the dude but i also feel quite certain this has done nothing for his stock in other teams eyes, should they hear about it

Ossington Mental Youth
05-26-2009, 11:46 PM
i still believe he will be leaving shortly

Carter
05-27-2009, 06:52 AM
TWITTERGATE!!!
Quoted in the National Post!! :rofl:
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2009/05/26/an-athlete-gets-in-trouble-by-using-twitter-the-rohan-ricketts-edition.aspx

Fort York Redcoat
05-27-2009, 07:14 AM
^surprised they don't have a link to this very thread.

Oldtimer
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
^surprised they don't have a link to this very thread.

so true...

...We're the source of half the news out there anyway.

Carter
05-27-2009, 07:46 AM
so true...

Only NP's news, or well maybe the stars too.. ok nevermind i guess you are right we are the source of half of the news.... LOL! :scarf:

Parkdale
05-27-2009, 08:42 AM
okay... I'll come clean.

It was nascar who stole the blackberry and made the posts, but I forgive him.

BFin
05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
"Whats Twitter?"
- Cummins

lol my favourite part of the article. They go to the head coach for a juicy quote about the situation, and he has no idea what they are talking about.

I always suspected nascarguy

TorontoBlades
05-27-2009, 12:36 PM
so true...

...but where do "we" get our info from?

rocker
05-27-2009, 12:47 PM
it can't be Nascar! he'd have trouble getting up to 10 characters, let alone 140 :)

Oldtimer
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
...but where do "we" get our info from?

Twitter, of course! Plus posts from Paul B., Big Bruva, plus people who talk to random players or their postal carrier.

Cambridge_Red
05-27-2009, 01:45 PM
He tells no lies

ua-kozak_TFC
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Yea... Rohan has been hacked... And I am an Astronaut... You can;t be serious...!!!

is there a possibility that his account has been hacked?? For sure...

the question you need to ask yourself Why would someone hack to his account start posting messages,which were a few and almost conducting a concenversation(i believe "the hacker" aka rohan checked this site and saw the bashign and posted a comment on it on his twitter berry... Why ta heck would a "HACKER" do that... if somebody hacked him they would probably have put something ransdom or some advertizement... The fact that" somebody would hack his account to talk that tfc doesn;t want "rickets" is beyond me. Same with the parents/ friends why would they do this? why would the hack into the account...
Rohan just noticed that he FUCKED UP BIG time so he decided to cover himself up... If you believe this guy then i wouldn;t be surprised if you still believe in SANTA.
.... Unbelievable you guys are just something else...

Pachuco
05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Yea... Rohan has been hacked... And I am an Astronaut... You can;t be serious...!!!

the question you need to ask yourself Why would someone hack to his account start posting messages,which were a few and almost conducting a concenversation(i believe "the hacker" aka rohan checked this site and saw the bashign and posted a comment on it on his twitter berry... Why ta heck would a "HACKER" do that... if somebody hacked him they would probably have put something ransdom or some advertizement... The fact that" somebody would hack his account to talk that tfc doesn;t want "rickets" is beyond me. Same with the parents/ friends why would they do this? why would the hack into the account...
Rohan just noticed that he FUCKED UP BIG time so he decided to cover himself up... If you believe this guy then i wouldn;t be surprised if you still believe in SANTA.

Your post is something else. Guess you don't know much about the hacking business that is made ever so easy by the wonderfull world of the Internet.

#1. The hacker and the poster are rarely the same people in these situations. Pay $20 bucks and believe me, you can get someone's twitter password if you wanted to. So the question is, why would someone pay a very small fee to fuck with Ricketts. Well, I can think of lots of TFC fans around here that would do it to get a kick out of it.

#2. It took me 30 mins to hack into my wife's hotmail account a few years ago when she lost her password. Guess what? I'M NOT A HACKER. So how did I hack it? I googled it, downloaded HACKING software and followed the instructions. No different then buying something at Ikea and putting it together when I got home. You don't need to be technical to hack something now a days, just need to learn how to google.

Lastly, I'm on the fence as to whether he sent them or not, that's because I have no proof either way and no scenario makes sense to me. But for crying out loud, if you are sure he sent them, then atleast come up with a more thought out reason then that.

jabbronies
05-27-2009, 09:48 PM

I have to agree with you.

Why would someone want to hack into Rohan Ricketts account? And post those kind of things? Why not post something like "I hate TFC trade me now" or "Fuck off Mo"? Why speak so vague the way these posts were written if you are trying to fuck over a guy by hacking into his account?

I think he got over emotional and started twittering BS, came to his senses, realized what he did, and then tried to back peddle.

I have friends who text, msn, email BS when they get over emtional (drunk), I'm sure this was one of those situations with him. He was over emotional (maybe not drunk) about what he was reading over the boards and started twittering.

As for if there is anything to read into this whole situation; that I can't say. We all remember the NY trade bs over the break.

Rossiroo
05-28-2009, 09:02 AM
I like RR but this looks like a case of drunk-twittering regrets the next morning...

Brooker
05-28-2009, 01:01 PM
this looks like a case of drunk-twittering regrets the next morning...

QFT

RR, you're an idiot.

nascarguy
05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
why did we have to make athere topic about this who give a shit about said on twitter why make a story out of nothing.

Oldtimer
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
why did we have to make athere topic about this who give a shit about said on twitter why make a story out of nothing.

four pages of responses! People want to know!

arbogast
05-28-2009, 01:33 PM
[quote=jabbronies;537896]

Why would someone want to hack into Rohan Ricketts account? And post those kind of things? quote]

A pissed off EX? that kinda shit has hapened to my dawgs plenty of times and caused lot's of trouble over facebook, twitter and email.

TorontoBlades
05-28-2009, 02:31 PM
how can i get my dawg to use twitter?

Beach_Red
05-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I have friends who text, msn, email BS when they get over emtional (drunk),

http://textsfromlastnight.com/

ChrisLav
05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm doubting his account was hacked since he complained about playing time today at practice to the Fan590. They mentioned it at the 2:00 update, and just had audio from Rohan at the 4:00 one.

Stryker
05-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Does anyone honestly think at this point that Ricketts will be a solid contributor for this team in the future? I mean really?
The Twittering, the self promotion, the horrible play.
So worn out his welcome with me.

Chevy
05-28-2009, 03:36 PM
+1. I think he's done.

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok Guys, here it goes. Just heard a brief Ricketts interview on the Fan 590. He was complaining about not playing his position in practice. He even said there are guys who are aren't as good as him taking his spot in practice, sounded really frustrated. At this point, I have no choice but to believe there is no conspiracy theory, Ricketts sent the Twitter messages himself. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, but now it's time for me to take a side. I mean, he just threw other players on his own team under the bus.

Also, The Fan followed up by saying Ricketts has no idea at this point how long he'll remain with the club.

I think the Ricketts era is over. Ricketts for Goldwaithe, make it happen Mo.

wzhxvy
05-28-2009, 05:53 PM
He is being an emotional biatch right now...up and down...saying crap and retracting, back and forth. He needs to be put out of his misery.

TorontoBlades
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
heard it too. I was suspicious and even more so now. If it smells like a duck, and walks like a duck....

Again, I cannot express how disappointed I am in him. He definately has the ability yo be our best player if he played to his potential, but it's safe to assume he'll never hit that potential - at least not with out club. He need to play in Qatar where no one understands him and visa versa...so this way he can focus only on his game.

Batman
05-28-2009, 06:23 PM
yep...when he's melting down on the radio...what's the chance the whole twitter thing was a hack. That would be one of the world great coincidences.

He sent it, and he regretted it. (or maybe he's trying to simply force the issue about getting out of town.
either way it wasn't a hack.
No doubt.

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 06:28 PM
yep...when he's melting down on the radio...what's the chance the whole twitter thing was a hack. That would be one of the world great coincidences.

He sent it, and he regretted it. (or maybe he's trying to simply force the issue about getting out of town.
either way it wasn't a hack.
No doubt.

Unless of course the hacker found a way to clone Ricketts. In which case it was the hacker who practiced and bitched for him :eek:

I don't know, I'm expecting Ricketts to come on the radio any moment and say guys that wasn't me. That wasn't Rohan "Rolling Out of Town" Ricketts making those statements to the Fan.

Batman
05-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Unless of course the hacker found a way to clone Ricketts. In which case it was the hacker who practiced and bitched for him :eek:

I don't know, I'm expecting Ricketts to come on the radio any moment and say guys that wasn't me. That wasn't Rohan "Rolling Out of Town" Ricketts making those statements to the Fan.

Very NIce. :drum::drum::drum::D:D

Derko
05-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought this thread had been shut down, everyone must be bored!!

Batman
05-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Rohan fed the bears this afternoon. He's the gift that keeps on giving. LOL

Brooker
05-28-2009, 06:51 PM
^^ he's the idiot that doesnt know when to shut his fat mouth.

Rohan Ricketts.... go see whats poppin' somewhere else.... if anybody is dumb enough to sign you, that is.

Batman
05-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm not going to criticize him. He's probably got a f*&^ of a lot going around in his head now. He's gone from thinking he was a star in this town, to now feeling he's completely unwanted by the team. That's got to be traumatic.

Everyone has their moments. It's too bad his are so public. But being in public is definitely part of his schtick.

Good luck to him and thanks for the effort. I wish it had worked out better for all concerned.

I expect Mo will find a move somewhere in a few days.

S_D
05-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I expect Mo will find a move somewhere in a few days.

New York has a couple of shiny new draft picks from Houston. A first and a second rounder sounds good to me :)

Pachuco
05-28-2009, 07:57 PM
From Ricketts' Twitter. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

"rohanricketts (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts) I learnt a very big lesson today!!"

Nuvinho
05-28-2009, 08:45 PM
does anyone have a link or re-cap of what he said on the fan?

nascarguy
05-28-2009, 10:04 PM
From Ricketts' Twitter. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

"rohanricketts (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts) I learnt a very big lesson today!!"
I put was it keep a eye on where your cell phone is so you do not lose it again...

Lucky Strike
05-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Ok Guys, here it goes. Just heard a brief Ricketts interview on the Fan 590. He was complaining about not playing his position in practice. He even said there are guys who are aren't as good as him taking his spot in practice, sounded really frustrated. At this point, I have no choice but to believe there is no conspiracy theory, Ricketts sent the Twitter messages himself. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, but now it's time for me to take a side. I mean, he just threw other players on his own team under the bus.

Also, The Fan followed up by saying Ricketts has no idea at this point how long he'll remain with the club.

I think the Ricketts era is over. Ricketts for Goldwaithe, make it happen Mo.

That sounds pretty damning. During this thing, I've been of the opinion that there was no hacker, it was Ricketts lashing out all along. This makes it seem even worse. I really feel for him because this has happened everywhere he's gone and he does good charity work and gets involved in the community, but what I really care about is his performance with the team, which hasn't been there. And now, he's complaining about it really bitterly. Maybe stuff like this is why he doesn't last very long everywhere he goes?

Shame about all of this for him, but he's doing himself no favours.

TorontoBlades
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm expecting to get fed some more today... I think he has something more to say... #1 becaus ehis blog is susally a copy from the TFC website and he's promoting it on his own blog (maybe it's over analyzing here) and #2 he hasn't wrote anything over 140 characters in 3 months...

Blog will be released tomorrowabout 12 hours ago (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1955389756) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)

Go check out www.rohanricketts.com (http://www.rohanricketts.com/) for my latest blogabout 12 hours ago (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1955374535) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)

C.Ronaldo
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
a little unprofessional, but i guess you get the good with the bad.

sadly, another Robert.

Pachuco
05-29-2009, 12:22 PM
More Twittergate saga

From Ricketts Twitter
On my way to the airport...31 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/rohanricketts/status/1961640099) from TwitterBerry (http://orangatame.com/products/twitterberry/)

Is he on his way to the U.K or on his way to Houston? HAHAHA

adam1001
05-29-2009, 06:38 PM
If you guys watch part 2 of the GOL pre game show on TFC TV, theres an interview with RR. Some interesting things said...

Angelo1405
05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
he seems like a good guy
http://blog.rohanricketts.com/

it must be sad when people worse than you take up your spot in any sport. i hope he gets everything sorted out in the end...

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
If you guys watch part 2 of the GOL pre game show on TFC TV, theres an interview with RR. Some interesting things said...

he figures hes not getting a fair shot...he could be right but why bring that up on a club show...? something have to give here..trade/release
or actually let him play..novel idea that!!

rocker
05-29-2009, 07:40 PM
it must be sad when people worse than you take up your spot in any sport.

who's worse than him taking up his spot? nobody.

Nuvinho
05-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Yes, very weird interview.

I am suprised that Toronto FC let Gol TV air that interview.

mastermixer
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM

Yeah, cant believe the PR team let him take interviews... its got to be the end soon after that :noidea:

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM

if someone is going to shoot himself in the foot...why not...Ricketts did not look good during this interview...maybe he will play in Houston and or Vancouver but if gets a chance he better take it!!

Angelo1405
05-29-2009, 08:19 PM
who's worse than him taking up his spot? nobody.

well, thats what i read....

colman1860
05-29-2009, 10:28 PM
http://torontofc.theoffside.com/uncategorized/twittergate.html

Brooker
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
sadly, another Robert.

I don't recall Robert bad mouthing his teammates and management.....

did he?

Blizzard
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't recall Robert bad mouthing his teammates and management.....

did he?

Not that I can recall. I thought he behaved well in public. Sadly, RR is having a meltdown and I'm worried for the man. I like him and don't want to see him destroy his career but guess what, he is destroying his career!

B

Brooker
05-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Robert = Professional

Ricketts = not so much.

Blizzard
05-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Robert = Professional

Ricketts = not so much.

It is bewildering.

Pachuco
05-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Robert = Professional

Ricketts = not so much.

hahaha.

Robert = Football player
Ricketts = Better take up American Football

Stryker
05-30-2009, 05:29 PM
If you've seen Goltv's game preview interview with Ricketts it becomes blatently obvious that it was he who made all the twitted comments.
He's pissed off and suggests that it he won't play regardless of how hard he works because other players are favored over him.

Your skills are all but gone and you're a sideshow attraction at best now Ricketts, stop pointing the finger at everyone else at take a long hard look in the mirror.

ua-kozak_TFC
05-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Rickets is a MOron.. and this "good guy" that he is feeding the media is just a show, to get attention. The attention that he has been getting in toronto he woul;dn;t have dreamed off in england... Yes he goes different events and such but so does every other player. The stick that he;s been getting isn;t because he's a media whore but because he isn;t a good player on the field... he doesn;t have soccer smarts. And that GOL TV Interview shows the type of "good guy" he is... He is deservedly out of the line up... Can;t wait till we ship him to NEw York for a pile of cones we'll get more use of them on the field than of rohan...

rocker
05-30-2009, 06:17 PM
If you've seen Goltv's game preview interview with Ricketts it becomes blatently obvious that it was he who made all the twitted comments..

ya, I was willing to give him the benefit... but he basically says the same things in the video interview.
Now, he may have spouted off to his buddies, and one of them wrote the twitter stuff (they got his back!) but nonetheless... there's too much consistency between those twitter comments and what he says on video for it to be a hack or whatever his excuse was.

i still like him as a player, even tho he's so inconsistent. I like him for depth.. we need it for the long season. But if depth players start mouthing off about not playing, then what's the point of depth? Might as well get a guy out of college who's just happy to be here.

Marco2K
05-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Marco Gomes (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515773849&ref=mf) Hey Rohan what do you have to say about all the reports about what you said on Twitter. Do you really think you are much better then some of your teammates and that you should be playing and not them. If thats all true man as a TFC fan i feel bad for you. Good luck on your next team cause you wont be here much longer.

8:21am (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677431501&v=feed&story_fbid=87126386501&ref=mf) · Comment · Like (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#)Unlike (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#) · Show Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · See Wall-to-Wall (http://www.facebook.com/walltowall.php?id=515773849&banter_id=677431501&ref=nf)

Rohan Ricketts (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677431501)

Today at 12:12pm

Answer this question for me mate... Where did you see me saying that I think I am better than all my team mates and that I should be playing and not them?? Did you hear that come out of my mouth?? Did you see me quoted of saying those words. No you did not!!!!

Lucky Strike
05-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Marco Gomes (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515773849&ref=mf)Hey Rohan what do you have to say about all the reports about what you said on Twitter. Do you really think you are much better then some of your teammates and that you should be playing and not them. If thats all true man as a TFC fan i feel bad for you. Good luck on your next team cause you wont be here much longer.

8:21am (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677431501&v=feed&story_fbid=87126386501&ref=mf) · Comment · Like (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#)Unlike (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#) · Show Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · See Wall-to-Wall (http://www.facebook.com/walltowall.php?id=515773849&banter_id=677431501&ref=nf)

Answer this question for me mate... Where did you see me saying that I think I am better than all my team mates and that I should be playing and not them?? Did you hear that come out of my mouth?? Did you see me quoted of saying those words. No you did not!!!!

Notice how he only denies having said that he thought he was much better than his teammates and not having written the Twitter comments?

Not that that was what you were accusing him of, at least not in so many words. If he's unhappy at not playing, it implicitly means he thinks he should and for what reason? Because he thinks he deserves so because he's better than at least one guy on the starting XI.

Checkmate, Rohan.

Pachuco
05-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Marco Gomes (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515773849&ref=mf)Hey Rohan what do you have to say about all the reports about what you said on Twitter. Do you really think you are much better then some of your teammates and that you should be playing and not them. If thats all true man as a TFC fan i feel bad for you. Good luck on your next team cause you wont be here much longer.

WOW, I guess I WAS right. Someone DID clone Ricketts and speak for him on the interview I heard on the Fan 590. Geeze. You'd think he would've secured his body in a way that it couldn't be cloned. Next time you lose your head somewhere Ricketts, you should secure it with a password so no one can take it over.

The Kingpin
05-31-2009, 05:54 AM
Sorry, I haven't been on top of this in any way. Are people suggesting they don't want players on the team that have a burning desire to play - and that it frustrates them when they are not playing?

Pachuco
05-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Sorry, I haven't been on top of this in any way. Are people suggesting they don't want players on the team that have a burning desire to play - and that it frustrates them when they are not playing?

You should try reading the thread and maybe you'll know what people are suggesting.

Stryker
06-01-2009, 12:45 AM
So after seeing Wynne started as a forward for a second game it becomes clear what Ricketts was talking about when he alluded to others playing his postion who didn't belong there.
Ricketts really needs to take a lesson from Sutts on how to carry himself with class in these matters.

Ageroo
06-01-2009, 12:53 AM
So after seeing Wynne started as a forward for a second game it becomes clear what Ricketts was talking about when he alluded to others playing his postion who didn't belong there.
Ricketts really needs to take a lesson from Sutts on how to carry himself with class in these matters.

Very true indeed.....you don't here a peep out of Sutton on his situation. I am sure he is bummed about the lack of playing time, but he does not say a word. There are certain ways to go on about things and closed doors is best.

DOMIN8R
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
MLS: Ex-Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur winger Ricketts twits about on Twitter in Toronto (http://lesrosbifs.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/mls-ex-arsenal-and-tottenham-hotspur-winger-ricketts-twits-about-on-twitter-in-toronto/)

There’s been fun and social networking games in Toronto this week after Rohan Ricketts found his Twitter feed getting a little too close to the edge.
First, let’s put things in context. The former Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Wolverhampton Wanderers winger was a first team regular under John Carver last season, his pace giving the Canadian side a major strength in their first MLS season.
A poor start to 2009 saw Ricketts dropped and with the resignation of Carver and the appointment of Chris Cummins as coach, Ricketts found playing time very hard to come by. Is this because Cummings favours a three-man midfield instead of the wingmen preferred by Carver, or are there other, more intriguing moves going on behind-the-scenes?

More here...http://lesrosbifs.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/mls-ex-arsenal-and-tottenham-hotspur-winger-ricketts-twits-about-on-twitter-in-toronto/