PDA

View Full Version : Attention, bettors, look out for this line....

jloome
05-25-2009, 10:13 PM
....if they're calling Seattle to tie or beat Columbus, take it.

Seattle will likely (keep an eye on the injury reports) be playing without Osvaldo Alonso, who is injured. He is absolutely -- absolutely -- the heart of that team, not either Freddie or Fredy. His ability to break up attacking flow and give his teammates time to close has been that team's biggest asset this season.

Meanwhile, they're playing the Columbus Few. And as much as I'd like to see them lose or, say, drop into a smouldering Hawaiian volcano crater, they'll have everyone healthy and have won just once, so it's must-win for them.

Be interesting to see if Seattle plays up to their usual standard without Alonso in the middle. My bet is they lose; Hurtado probably ensures it won't be a slaughter, but they won't be as impressive.

Lennon
05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Good to know ... thanks for the tip

Calvin
05-26-2009, 12:19 AM
bet $10
get $47
if col wins

Troll
05-26-2009, 12:56 AM
So if i drop some coin, I'd have to cheer for Columbus? Fuck that.

ensco
05-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Columbus will be tired. They play at home Wednesday night, then fly 6-8 hours Thursday for the game Saturday. There is no nonstop air service from Columbus to Seattle, you have to change planes. (Seattle will be a little whipped also, but probably less so, they play at Colorado tonight)

There is chatter in Columbus of Moreno or Rogers getting traded.
http://www.crewxtra.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/05/24/crew_5-24.ART_ART_05-24-09_C3_T1DV11F.html?sid=101

robert32
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Where are you betting?

jloome
05-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Columbus will be tired. They play at home Wednesday night, then fly 6-8 hours Thursday for the game Saturday. There is no nonstop air service from Columbus to Seattle, you have to change planes. (Seattle will be a little whipped also, but probably less so, they play at Colorado tonight)

There is chatter in Columbus of Moreno or Rogers getting traded.
http://www.crewxtra.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/05/24/crew_5-24.ART_ART_05-24-09_C3_T1DV11F.html?sid=101

Dude, I have to believe that a day of rest in between is still enough to get Columbus ready for Seattle without Alonso.

But maybe he'll be back by then.

Doesn't Seattle have a game against Colorado on Wednesday? So they're on a short week too.

ensco
05-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Dude, I have to believe that a day of rest in between is still enough to get Columbus ready for Seattle without Alonso.

But maybe he'll be back by then.

Doesn't Seattle have a game against Colorado on Wednesday? So they're on a short week too.

They play tonight, Columbus plays tomorrow.

My point is not about Alonso (I hadn't realized what you're saying about him, that's interesting)...

it's about how the scheduling this time of year causes mayhem and screws up the teams. It's going to have a big impact on us too, as we play Saturday and Tuesday, with a long flight in between. I put something up about this in the TFC pregame thread....

jloome
05-26-2009, 08:18 PM
They play tonight, Columbus plays tomorrow.

My point is not about Alonso (I hadn't realized what you're saying about him, that's interesting)...

it's about how the scheduling this time of year causes mayhem and screws up the teams. It's going to have a big impact on us too, as we play Saturday and Tuesday, with a long flight in between. I put something up about this in the TFC pregame thread....

He might not be out for both games, in which case it's a moot point. But we'll see. He tweaked a hammy the other night, which usually means more than a week.

ensco
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Now that you've pointed Alonso out, I'll watch him more closely. If I agree with your view, I'll probably say nothing, but if I have even a slightly different take, I'll savagely attack. Sound good?

BRed
05-26-2009, 08:41 PM
No way Columbus takes this games. Do not take this bet, it doesn't matter who is or not playing for Seattle, they have better team chemistry and rythm at this point of the season.