PDA

View Full Version : Absences for next game June 8th

Pachuco
06-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Reading into this article below, it seems as though all we'll be missing for next game against Houston is Guevara and Marshall. I shouldn't say "all" because they are obviously key players on our team but it's certainly better then the absences we had yesterday.

As far as injuries, I guess Dichio and Tebily are going to be questionable for next game but that's just a guess.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080530&content_id=162288&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

jabbronies
06-01-2008, 01:22 PM
For Marshall we have James. I'm cool with that.

For Guevara, I'm sure we'll come up with something...Robert, Rickets, Edu, Robo in mid is not bad.

Then up front we have a selection of Cunny, Smith, maybe Dichio? Could be an issue with the Houston D, but we cracked them with less last year.

ua-kozak_TFC
06-01-2008, 01:24 PM
For Marshall we have James. I'm cool with that.

For Guevara, I'm sure we'll come up with something...Robert, Rickets, Edu, Robo in mid is not bad.

Then up front we have a selection of Cunny, Smith, maybe Dichio? Could be an issue with the Houston D, but we cracked them with less last year.
and play dichio and cunny ahead...

Oldtimer
06-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Knowing how Carver does things, he will play Cunningham next match. Maybe Cunningham, having broken through, will score more goals for us this year. He had a real nice one against the LAG and many good chances. I'd be okay with Cunningham and Smith up front. Maybe sub-in Dichio near the end of the match if he's feeling better.

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Cunny may have earned a stay up but more bcause DD will sit or sub with the injury. Also with the end of month move rumours we may have an addition...

ensco
06-01-2008, 01:48 PM
The really bad one is the June 14th Colorado game. Brennan, Velez and Marshall are all away for that game. (And so are Sutton, Edu and Guevara.)

We caught a break for that game - it was originally an away game, but got switched. We can steal the points in the Fortress.

If Tebily can't play 90 that day it's going to be interesting.....it'll be Gyan, I guess.

Ron Manager
06-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I could see Smith given the chance at Guevara's spot as the recessed striker/CAM. Think he'd do OK there actually.

Pachuco
06-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I could see Smith given the chance at Guevara's spot as the recessed striker/CAM. Think he'd do OK there actually.

But we played with Smith 4-4-2 yesterday. If Carver thought he could play 3-5-1 with Smith as an attacking midfielder (#10) then why not yesterday? On the other hand IF he was playing that Guevara role yesterday then he didn't do so well. No I'm not flaming Smith, I think he's quality, but he's certainly not a player to put in a #10 role. Unfortunately his best spot is where Ricketts plays, but I'll take him as an out and out striker when Dichio is hurt.

Ron Manager
06-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I think Carver still calls our regular setup a 4-4-2 with Guevara as a striker. I know it doesn't play that way, but that's how it seems to be shown all the time.

jloome
06-01-2008, 11:15 PM
But we played with Smith 4-4-2 yesterday. If Carver thought he could play 3-5-1 with Smith as an attacking midfielder (#10) then why not yesterday? On the other hand IF he was playing that Guevara role yesterday then he didn't do so well. No I'm not flaming Smith, I think he's quality, but he's certainly not a player to put in a #10 role. Unfortunately his best spot is where Ricketts plays, but I'll take him as an out and out striker when Dichio is hurt.

They could always move Ricketts into the hole. He was very effective moving inside from the right-hand side, and the combo of his ball handlign and Cunny's speed could do some damage.

Footie-11
06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Im sure they will just replace Guevara with Smith

Broadview
06-02-2008, 03:10 AM
They could always move Ricketts into the hole. He was very effective moving inside from the right-hand side, and the combo of his ball handlign and Cunny's speed could do some damage.

I wouldn''t mind seeing RR try a game in the middle either. He's got great possession skills and Smith could swing out to the right.