PDA

View Full Version : USA roster announced - Wynne to miss 2 games, Guevara out as well

Nuvinho
05-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Goalkeepers: Tim Howard, Brad Guzan.
Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra, Jonathan Bornstein, Danny Califf, Jay DeMerit, Frankie Hejduk, Oguchi Onyewu, Heath Pearce, Jonathan Spector, Marvell Wynne.
Midfielders: Freddy Adu, DaMarcus Beasley, Michael Bradley, Clint Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Benny Feilhaber, Sacha Kljestan, Pablo Mastroeni, Jose Francisco Torres.
Forwards: Jozy Altidore, Brian Ching, Charlie Davies, Landon Donovan.

June 2nd and June 6th for Wynne

June 6th no Landycakes!!!!

rocker
05-24-2009, 11:15 AM
no landycakes?? oh so sad.... ;)

C.Ronaldo
05-24-2009, 11:23 AM
id prefer to see landon play, but ahwell. its expected in this league.

the guy is a fruit, but hes the type of good player this league needs.

he'd finish the goals we miss

rocker
05-24-2009, 11:46 AM
i prefer to see none of the good players on other teams.
i'd rather win than see Landycakes get a pretty goal.

Don Julio
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM
As a defender? I thought he's only ever played wing for the yankee nats?

Oldtimer
05-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Surprised to see Freddy Adu in there. It's not like he's had a lot of playing time for Monaco.

Canary Canuck
05-24-2009, 04:14 PM
The team leaves for the Confederations Cup right after the June 6th game..... is Wynne going to that as well??

Super
05-24-2009, 05:26 PM
YES!!! Landycakes is pretty much the only ammo LA has at the moment, and without him we have a great advantage. Awesome stuff!

menefreghista
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I guess its safe to assume that we won't have Guevara for these same 2 matches either.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-24-2009, 05:58 PM
good to see Wynne get the call up...hes been good this season

MFBODD
05-24-2009, 06:01 PM
The June 6th match is like an exact repeat of when we hosted L.A. last year. There are a pile of WCQ's that day, so expect more of our players to be away that day. We all new Landycakes and Becks wouldn't be in town on the 6th, even if Becks was in MLS because both the U.S. and England are playing that day. The U.S. are playing Honduras by the way, and Wales has a match as well, so like I said, we will be missing a couple more from our roster.

Yohan
05-24-2009, 06:10 PM
The June 6th match is like an exact repeat of when we hosted L.A. last year. There are a pile of WCQ's that day, so expect more of our players to be away that day. We all new Landycakes and Becks wouldn't be in town on the 6th, even if Becks was in MLS because both the U.S. and England are playing that day. The U.S. are playing Honduras by the way, and Wales has a match as well, so like I said, we will be missing a couple more from our roster.
Robbo retired from Wales

nfitz
05-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Honduras is playing June 6th and June 10th, so we should only lose Guevera for one game.

The Confederations Cup is from June 15th to June 28th, so we could be without Wynne for the June 18th game against the Impact, June 24th against New York, and June 27th against Salt Lake. And then there's the Gold Cup, which could take him out for all 3 MLS matches in July ... we may not see him playing again for us until August!

SvenFlu
05-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Surprised to see Freddy Adu in there. It's not like he's had a lot of playing time for Monaco.

He's still an extremely dangerous midfielder. Remember what he did against Canada in Olympic Qualifying last year?

TFCRegina
05-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Wherever he plays on the field for the US he'll be dangerous. He's played virtually every position for them and made an impact...Donovan is a force to be reckoned with and a highly underrated player.

prizby
05-25-2009, 01:05 AM

same arguement can be made about maurice edu

once again we see what a piss poor league the MLS has become and made itself

i'd love to see some chants next home game bashing the MLS policy to schedule games during international call up times

Ossington Mental Youth
05-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Edu has been doing relatively well and playing somewhat regularly in Scotland now that Ferguson was dropped.

Not so worried about playing without Wynne so long as Attakora remains healthy, even then Id be curious to see Velez in the same position.

Kaz
05-25-2009, 08:52 AM
woot no hand ball free kicks for a few games :D
sorry that was uncalled for. lol

always nice to see players get call ups, besides it gives other players some play time and that is good overall for the club now that we don't have the reserve league anymore.

Kooper
05-25-2009, 10:10 AM
no landycakes?? oh so sad.... ;)

I like it when he comes to Toronto. It gives us someone to make fun of from the south end.

Shep
05-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Saw it coming of course.. but we could really use them for the Van match.

Still happy for them. Wish them both all the best.. and a draw between them!

any ideas as to what Cummins is going to do with the squad? Harmse and Vitti in for 90, maybe even Rickets will get some real gametime finally?

Ageroo
05-25-2009, 11:02 AM
A blow yes....but I slide Vitti in for Guevara....and Velez moves in to CB and Attakora slides into RB......

Problem solved.....:)

Oldtimer
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
A blow yes....but I slide Vitti in for Guevara....and Velez moves in to CB and Attakora slides into RB......

Problem solved.....:)

Carver mentioned putting in Vitti in midfield.

Nuvinho
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Carver mentioned putting in Vitti in midfield.

you mean Cummins ;)

Barth Bagge
05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
If necessary Cummins could also slot Cronin at RB. Not ideal but Cronin did a pretty good job of spotting Nana when he went out at the half against the Fire.

olegunnar
05-27-2009, 08:44 PM
What counts for work permits. Call ups? Or appearances?