PDA

View Full Version : Condition of turf!

tfc007
05-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I dont know but that turf at yesterdays game looked real shitty! I have noticed this for a few games this year.RPB nation what do you think about the condition of the plastic grass lately?:flare::scarf:

deltox
05-24-2009, 08:28 AM
^ no comment

woolly
05-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I thought it looked like ass on the TV as well. Someone mentioned that they added rubber pellets to reduce the bounce.

deltox
05-24-2009, 08:32 AM
it looked like it had been groomed compared to last game

elvis
05-24-2009, 08:50 AM
So much for the notion we wouldn't be able to see the lacrosse lines either.

Wildgreek
05-24-2009, 08:57 AM
So much for the notion we wouldn't be able to see the lacrosse lines either.

What lacrosse lines.... i couldn't them

WE NEED GRASS

elvis
05-24-2009, 08:57 AM
The outlines of the lines were VERY visiable up and down the field on the sides.

Wildgreek
05-24-2009, 09:00 AM
i was trying to be sarcastic, its hard to tell sometimes when its typed

menefreghista
05-24-2009, 09:02 AM
The shit turf might have actually helped on Guevara's 2nd goal.

elvis
05-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Sorry WG - true.

Sally Mack
05-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I honestly didn't notice any lacrosse lines... I think if you weren't looking for them, you wouldn't have seen them. Then again I was a mickey deep before kickoff, and may not have had the capacity to see them lol.

Broadview
05-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I honestly didn't notice any lacrosse lines... I think if you weren't looking for them, you wouldn't have seen them. Then again I was a mickey deep before kickoff, and may not have had the capacity to see them lol.

I didn't notice them until the second half when I thought about the lacrosse game and thought to look for them.

In my opinion, not a big deal at all.

Still want grass.

TorontoFC_Matt
05-24-2009, 09:37 AM
On TV they were very noticeable, the lacrosse lines I mean!

wzhxvy
05-24-2009, 09:43 AM
I thought TFC mentioned the Turf was upgraded to Fifa 2 standards at the beginning of the season...bla bla bla bla...so much for that ! lol and they obviously just recently added rubber easpecially on the north side because rubber was flying off everytime the ball bounced on that end....

I didnt see the lacross lines but I was not looking for them and was in the south end...I better not see them next game.

InTheCrowd
05-24-2009, 09:44 AM
A guy a couple of row's behind me yelled:

"I wonder what a soccer zamboni looks like!"

:D

SmokedPanda
05-24-2009, 09:51 AM
it looked like someone spilt bleach on the turf right infront of the penalty arc..... mlse does not care about how the turf looks as long as someone pays rent for the field and generate revenue for them

David_Oliveira
05-24-2009, 10:16 AM
You see lines in the EPL too and I don't here too many complaints. Don't believe me, put it on the score right now. Just as defined as the lines were yesterday at BMO.

boban
05-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Field looked more black than green.

brad
05-24-2009, 10:32 AM
You see lines in the EPL too and I don't here too many complaints. Don't believe me, put it on the score right now. Just as defined as the lines were yesterday at BMO.

Yup - I'm watching Hull - United, and there are very clearly the remnants of non-football lines on the pitch.

Carts
05-24-2009, 10:41 AM
They added WAY TOO MUCH of that rubber shit - and I have no idea why (kill bounce, reduce impact who knows)...

You could see the tracks left by the machine that grooms it. We were talking about it in 112 before the match. I beleive my comment was "what the fuck have the done to the pitch, dropped every recycled tire onto it?"...

Whatever the reason, its time for this to stop - I know, lets not re-hash the debate that been had over and over, but FFS MLSE spend the cash and get grass. Build whatever city facilities needed to make it happen...

Carts...
Stay Thirsty My Friends...

Chewy Unikronik
05-24-2009, 10:48 AM
The stuff at Cherry Beach is 1000 times better!

Kaz
05-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Actually there are a few new products in the works from what the Seattles people were saying that will make that much better.
the biggiest issue is the Lines were yellow and apparently coloured lines are harder to get totally out...
the turf seems lumpy on TV though, they really need someone in to take a look at it... and give it better care, NFL teams with Turf don't have turf looking like that.

rocker
05-24-2009, 11:12 AM
the remnants of the lacrosse lines in the north end were clearly visible from my seat.

my point is not to complain .... it's not that bad... but if those were CFL lines, it would piss me off. lacrosse doesn't have that many lines, and they are light yellow, so they cleaned it off decently, but not fully. But imagine if the CFL was in there, with their gazillion white lines and numbers?

C.Ronaldo
05-24-2009, 11:17 AM
y dont they play lacross at lamport?

seems to make much more sense

nfitz
05-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I honestly didn't notice any lacrosse lines... I think if you weren't looking for them, you wouldn't have seen them.There were very visible - from 104 at least. Even my wife, who really isn't much of a fan, asked what the lines on the field were ... but looking at the TV coverage later on, it looked like the lines around the northern goal were much more visible than those in the south. Though it's not impossible that what we were seeing was actually clean turf!

Wildgreek
05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry WG - true.
NP buddy :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-24-2009, 12:27 PM
We all know it's SHITE but were in a hole b/c TFC don't own the field so we have to live with it.

:flare: MAYBE WE NEED TO PROTEST !!!!!! :flare:

TFC FORZA RPB
05-24-2009, 12:48 PM
We all know it's SHITE but were in a hole b/c TFC don't own the field so we have to live with it.

:flare: MAYBE WE NEED TO PROTEST !!!!!! :flare:

LOL we could all where green tee shirts lmfao

:flare::drum::scarf::drinking:

Erkan16
05-24-2009, 01:18 PM
the easiest solution is to bring us Turks to the field in packs and let us do our thing...

the turf will need to be replaced after we are done with it. :flare:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5803/galatasaray.jpg

MFBODD
05-24-2009, 07:54 PM
y dont they play lacross at lamport?

seems to make much more sense

Honestly, the place seats enough for MLL, but it sucks for everything else related to generating a buck at a sports event (parking, concessions...)

boban
05-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Actually there are a few new products in the works from what the Seattles people were saying that will make that much better.
the biggiest issue is the Lines were yellow and apparently coloured lines are harder to get totally out...
the turf seems lumpy on TV though, they really need someone in to take a look at it... and give it better care, NFL teams with Turf don't have turf looking like that.
NFL teams don't have it trampled on 18 hrs a day either.

Up The TFC
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM
I dont know but that turf at yesterdays game looked real shitty!

Looked shitty, maybe.

But it looked like the ball behaved much more like a football should, and that's the main thing for me, not to mention the players.

And from 111 I couldn't see any lines anyway, tbh.

Blizzard
05-24-2009, 09:35 PM
I thought TFC mentioned the Turf was upgraded to Fifa 2 standards at the beginning of the season...bla bla bla bla...so much for that ! lol and they obviously just recently added rubber easpecially on the north side because rubber was flying off everytime the ball bounced on that end....

I didnt see the lacross lines but I was not looking for them and was in the south end...I better not see them next game.

No, it was always FIFA Two Star. What they did pre-season was strip out all the rubber and then reintroduce it in order to elimate the packed down pellets.

There may be more pellets, I don't know but they didn't do any upgades, just reconditioning.

That combined with the grooming of the turf after the washing off (sort of) of the lacrosse lines is probably why we are really noticing the rubber pellets on the bounce.

Blizzard
05-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Looked shitty, maybe.

But it looked like the ball behaved much more like a football should, and that's the main thing for me, not to mention the players.

And from 111 I couldn't see any lines anyway, tbh.

It helps that the turf wasn't wet.

TFCRegina
05-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Really, the turf sucks, but at least there weren't gridiron lines on the field and at least the lacrosse lines were painted over. Yeah, they were still visible but they weren't white, which is the key thing.

We need grass ASAP tho...

Kaz
05-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Really, the turf sucks, but at least there weren't gridiron lines on the field and at least the lacrosse lines were painted over. Yeah, they were still visible but they weren't white, which is the key thing.

We need grass ASAP tho...

I don't disagree, but wouldn't the grass be killed and hard to maintain if it's being trampled on 18 hours a day?

flatpicker
05-25-2009, 08:46 AM
^ that's why Lamport needs more attention!

SmokedPanda
05-25-2009, 03:42 PM
they can easily sell rustic street food at lamport, build corporate tents like they do at the Molson Indy and not have to do any construction work...... make it a blue collar style stadium and move the lacrosse team out of bmo for good

apetimberlake
05-25-2009, 06:42 PM
the easiest solution is to bring us Turks to the field in packs and let us do our thing...

the turf will need to be replaced after we are done with it. :flare:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5803/galatasaray.jpg

Re. protest, your right you should protest.
In Italy/France when the team does something that is overwhelmingly unjust (trading Edu, stating they would use the cash to replace the turf) the supports groups don't show up to a game, they just have a single huge banner "I AM SORRY, ARE WE LATE?" and make it public as to why you didn't show up to the game.

If the supporter groups don't show the atmosphere at the game would be terrible, and thus make MLSE listen

Chevy
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM

Don't forget, NFL stadiums don't let the unwashed masses play on it 24/7. I don't think any teams even practice on their own turf fields.

Kaz
05-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Don't forget, NFL stadiums don't let the unwashed masses play on it 24/7. I don't think any teams even practice on their own turf fields.

All the more reason to get in there and spend the half million and replace the turf, and sadly right now as we have a fight with City hall to get grass, new turf either field or liga, is the most logical answer.

What I think is happening is that MLSE is going to let the turf get to a condition that it won't get re certified, at which point MLSE will have alittle more leverage to get grass, and use Lamport in the winter. There is no reason that they can't build a path to the north side of the go station, to allow, people to walk directly from the ex stations to Lamport, and save the turf for the profesional sports team. It would also be nice to see the boys do some practices there, it is after all so close to BMO.