PDA

View Full Version : Was Torontofc.ca watching the same game?

Keegan
05-24-2009, 12:49 AM
"Dwayne De Rosario broke a 1-1 deadlock in the 68th minute, and Amado Guevara followed up two minutes later with a brilliant direct free kick that found the upper right-hand corner of the net"

Talk about homerism hahaha

That's not what I saw on Guevara's goal. More like Guevara's service into the box missed everyone and found the back of the net.

prizby
05-24-2009, 12:55 AM
lol i was on the other side, but i saw, what i thought was a danny dichio tip

Shep
05-24-2009, 01:00 AM
lol i was on the other side, but i saw, what i thought was a danny dichio tip

It probably missed his head by an inch or two.. live was hard to tell, but watching the replay it dropped right past his head.. I think he was lucky he didn't get to it, might not have been a goal.

Him being in the box and messing up their attention definitely helped though, he may not have touched it, but he was probably a big reason the keeper didn't get to it.

GeorgeB
05-24-2009, 01:04 AM
watch at 5:26 of the vid.it doesnt touch DD.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=704

twistedchinaman
05-24-2009, 01:10 AM
If it was cricket, then that would've been one helluva yorker. The bounce Guevara got was excellent...

AdamZ
05-24-2009, 01:30 AM
It probably missed his head by an inch or two.. live was hard to tell, but watching the replay it dropped right past his head.. I think he was lucky he didn't get to it, might not have been a goal.

Him being in the box and messing up their attention definitely helped though, he may not have touched it, but he was probably a big reason the keeper didn't get to it.

oh he was definitely the reason it went in. It was a good ball from Guevara and if Dichio hadn't distracted and physically overcome that defender it would've been cleared.

It's hardly a silly accidental goal like that FK from NE which the wind nearly blew into the net would've been, that was a good ball into the box and Dichio helped it on his way in regardless of whether he got a touch on it or not.

Blizzard
05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
oh he was definitely the reason it went in. It was a good ball from Guevara and if Dichio hadn't distracted and physically overcome that defender it would've been cleared.

It's hardly a silly accidental goal like that FK from NE which the wind nearly blew into the net would've been, that was a good ball into the box and Dichio helped it on his way in regardless of whether he got a touch on it or not.

A phantom assist!

AdamZ
05-24-2009, 01:42 AM
pretty much, really. You can't look at that play and say that in any manner of speaking that isn't purely technical that wasn't a third assist. Any player less imposing there or if he hadn't tried to make contact with the ball that would've almost certainly been cleared, or saved.

ensco
05-24-2009, 08:33 AM
An example of veteran class/guile. Dichio froze the GK because he had position in a perfect, dangerous spot. Most anyone else would be notquitethere, allowing Reis to play the ball easily. But Reis had to respect Dichio, and was flatfooted as a result.

James Oliphant
05-24-2009, 09:06 AM
An example of veteran class/guile. Dichio froze the GK because he had position in a perfect, dangerous spot.

Didn't just freeze him...you can actually see Reis pull away from that back post as Danny tries to head it. Reis couldn't recover from that.

I said it on GoTFC already, and I'll say it here: Danny was directly involved in all three of our goals yesterday.

InTheCrowd
05-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I felt bad for Guevara when we were all chanting for Dichio. :D

Don Julio
05-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Everyone, and the asshole Rev keeper. thought Dichio (would) hit the ball. That's why it was a goal