PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Thread: NE vs TFC

TFC USA
05-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Hell yes. :scarf:

First ever win against the Revs.

DeRo was awesome, Guevara was awesome, Dichio is great, Vitti in his short time had some nice moments.

Entertaining game. Great noise from the crowd. Let's kick some ass next week.

manic.street.preacher
05-23-2009, 05:00 PM
B-E-A-U-TIUL match

bertal
great result

Batman
strong game... a few defensive miscues... but I thought the final score represented the play appropriately.

dichio must start some more games.

Dub Narcotic
05-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Good win, everyone played well. This is probably the best lineup TFC has. I don't entirely trust the back 5 yet, but hopefully Attakora gets a chance to grow into the role.

Dub Narcotic
05-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Also, finally a mostly entertaining game on CBC with a bigger audience.

Southsider
05-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Finally, we can finish at home. Despite the Fire result I am gaining more and more confidence in this team.

spezz44
05-23-2009, 05:02 PM
agreed i was not to impresssed with out back line today, our two big guns did what they were suppose to do, nice work Dero and Amado

troy1982
05-23-2009, 05:03 PM
We are now first in the east again :scarf:

TFC USA
05-23-2009, 05:03 PM
In response to Dub Narcotic on the in-game thread, Barrett did not have sex with my wife. More likely he had sex with Mo's! :D

Barrett wasn't awful, and I won't harp on his first touch or missed opportunities because we won, but he wasn't good either. He did enough to stay out of the way.

First good weather game at BMO this season produced a cracking game and a good result!

Stryker
05-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Take the score out of the thread title you tart. Some people work on the weekend.
Nice to see us play well. Solid referee was a nice bonus.

manic.street.preacher
05-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Amado was MoM for me, for sure, he was all over the place today ... Danny was a close runner-up though, he made it all possible and really needs to be in the starting XI from now on imo

Inklink
Great match!

TFC = Dichio. This man is magical for this club!

Awesome game by Guevara and DeRosario (cool, Guevara isn't underlined as a spelling mistake in Firefox :p ).

Frei .. apart from that clearance leading to the Joseph goal, great game. Nana, impressive, apart from that missed marking on Joseph. Wynne: zoooooooom. Robbo: gave away balls in the first half but settled in.

Cronin: quietly contributiing as usual. Barrett: huge props for not missing any open nets today. Ran hard end to end to end to end and put in a great effort.

TFC USA
Take the score out if the thread title you tart. Some people work on the weekend.
Nice to us play well. Solid refferee was a nice bonus.

Sorry about that. Anyone know how to fix that?

Calvin
05-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Serioux Is Fucking Incredible.

AdamZ
05-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Dichio is the man

Batman
05-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Sorry about that. Anyone know how to fix that?

done.

Calvin
05-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Dichio was in on every goal.

TOP OF THE FUCKING EAST!

spezz44
05-23-2009, 05:11 PM
man watchin this broad in the post game is painful.

Calvin
05-23-2009, 05:12 PM
more points than seattle
mas puntos que seattle

Cashcleaner
05-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the 3 points, New England!

mclaren
05-23-2009, 05:17 PM
nice game - not keen on the Lacrosse lines though.

Stryker
05-23-2009, 05:23 PM
What an eye sore.
Lets hope they invest in something to eliminate the problem when we finally get our grass.

shawn6597
05-23-2009, 05:30 PM
other than the lapse on the first goal, i thought young Nana played solid on our back end

billyfly
05-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Missed the game b/c its wife's b-day but at least now I'll be in a happy, happy mood at dinner!

twistedchinaman
05-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Barrett - less suck today, still no finish
Amado - ˇrecepción detrás!
Dichio - he's a fucking legend for a fucking reason and today he showed it
DeRo - nice touches
Serioux - good
Frei - shaky but steady
Nana - good things to come for this kid
Wynne - has not returned
Team overall - needs to hold their heads

Joseph - if he was on song we were screwed.
Ralston - see Joseph
Reis - if he wasn't on his game the scoreline would be 10-0
Nicol - probably oversaw his last game, or one of the last of them anyway.

Fans leaving early - :rant: WHAT. THE. FUCKING. HELL. The empty stands at the end are disgraceful! Either FO has to work with GO and Toronto Terminals Railway to schedule the trains better, get the gates open sooner before the game, and getting the exits open and clear. IS IT THAT FUCKING HARD?!?!?!?! :rant:

Dub Narcotic
05-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I thought Wynne made a real difference today providing an outlet on the right and helping out at the back.

nfitz
05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
What an eye sore.Not as clean as I would want - but far better than the football lines we often see.

T-Bird
05-23-2009, 05:52 PM
A goal for each point! Awww yeeeah! Excellent match!

Toronto Ruffrider
05-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Fans leaving early - :rant: WHAT. THE. FUCKING. HELL. The empty stands at the end are disgraceful! Either FO has to work with GO and Toronto Terminals Railway to schedule the trains better, get the gates open sooner before the game, and getting the exits open and clear. IS IT THAT FUCKING HARD?!?!?!?! :rant:

The FO just needs to move starting times from on the hour to half past the hour. A complete game, including stoppage time and the half-time interval, takes roughly two hours, so fans have to scramble to the eastbound platform in order to catch the train that runs on the hour. If a game started at 3:30 p.m. and ended at 5:30 p.m., for example, neither the eastbound nor the westbound travelers would need to rush to their respective platforms.

Bloor West FC
05-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Great game in my eye's. Need some improvements in defense. Cummins was not happy with the game said they played better the last few games I think, I was happy while listening to 590am :). Anyways we are in first for the mean time. DC plays soon. :(

dag
05-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Just got home from the game - and what a game that was!

When New England scored, I must admit I thought it was going to be a long afternoon. But the lads came back - and fully deserved the three points!

Guevara - well, he scored two goals, so what needs be said? Dichio was obviously causing NE all sorts of grief. De Ro was on fire. And I must say that Barrett had a good game.

Except for Serioux's early misplay, he was strong in the last hour. I was impressed with our many first half opportunities.

A great and deserved victory. Well done TFC!

:scarf:

T-Bird
05-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Dichio was in on every goal.

TOP OF THE FUCKING EAST!

Oh man! Where would we be without Dichio? He is the KING!!! He has the golden touch and he always seems to be in the right spot! I love him soo much! It will be so sad next season without him :(

ensco
05-23-2009, 06:18 PM
First time in TFC history that the team took 3 points in a game they trailed (I think).

That looked like a team that can compete. We were a bit lucky (NE choked on several great chances, I think the DeRo goal was offside) but we were the better team, and we played an attractive style too.

Nana deserves his own thread - the guy is becoming important in a hurry, and he hasn't put a foot wrong yet. My heart was in my mouth when he went down there late - thank god he seemed OK. I hope his concussion didn't come back. How great is it to see TFC grow a player like that? Can a 20 year old be a steadying influence?

Serioux and Nana were not at fault on the Joseph goal. That was a beautiful goal, Joseph's touch was perfect, no reason to criticise anyone on TFC for it. Other than to note that the back passes to Frei (one of which led to a shank that created the possession that NE scored off) are not being executed very well. There were other lapses though, by Serioux and Brennan, that could have (should have) led to NE goals.

Anyone else think that DD touched that ball on the third goal? Not that it really matters I guess, other than I voted for Dichio in the "Who Will lead TFC in Scoring" poll! He sure created a problem for Reis on it either way, that much is certain.

Ricketts did a spectacular globetrotter type thing during the kick-around at halftime. He was sitting on his butt, spinning around, and keeping the ball in the air with a bunch of trick moves. Very impressive.

H Bomb
05-23-2009, 06:24 PM
wooooooooooooooooot. good stuff

Ageroo
05-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Wow.....what a great match! Amado's 1st goal looked even better from my seats behind the net.....what a cannon! I don't think there are too many keepers in the world that would have stopped that. Word class strike!

Shakes McQueen
05-23-2009, 06:28 PM
First time in TFC history that the team took 3 points in a game they trailed (I think).

That looked like a team that can compete. We were a bit lucky (NE choked on several great chances, I think the DeRo goal was offside) but we were the better team, and we played an attractive style too.

Nana deserves his own thread - the guy is becoming important in a hurry, and he hasn't put a foot wrong yet. How great is it to see TFC grow a player like that? Can a 20 year old be a steadying influence?

Despite being mostly responsible for NE's one goal, I agree, Attakora put in a top-notch performance otherwise.

- Scott

ensco
05-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Despite being mostly responsible for NE's one goal, I agree, Attakora put in a top-notch performance otherwise.

- Scott

No I think Joseph was entirely responsible for that one - it was a world-class finish.

twistedchinaman
05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
The FO just needs to move starting times from on the hour to half past the hour. A complete game, including stoppage time and the half-time interval, takes roughly two hours, so fans have to scramble to the eastbound platform in order to catch the train that runs on the hour. If a game started at 3:30 p.m. and ended at 5:30 p.m., for example, neither the eastbound nor the westbound travelers would need to rush to their respective platforms.

Or is it possible for the train to hold about 5 minutes at Exhibition? Of course it'd be prohibitively expensive to build a passing loop platform there...

morgank1986
05-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Vitti pulled that move where he touched it over the guys head while he spun off him. Man that was pretty.

Jamaicanadian
05-23-2009, 06:41 PM
+1
:flare::scarf::flare:

Aroundtheworld
05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Guys, not only is this first time TFC has beaten New England, this is also the first time Toronto has EVER come back to win a game. It only took us three seasons (it took Chivas four!). This was a character building game.

TFC USA
05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
History today boys. First ever win after falling behind in a game.

TFC USA
05-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Well.....I guess we're so happy three of us repeated the same statistic. :D

twistedchinaman
05-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Guys, not only is this first time TFC has beaten New England, this is also the first time Toronto has EVER come back to win a game. It only took us three seasons (it took Chivas four!). This was a character building game.

Big ups to that. Now besides Shitlumbus, we've taken three points from every league team that came before us (SJ doesn't count since it is considered an expansion) and both Canadian opponents.

Shitlumbus, you're next.

Redcoe15
05-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Very satisfied with the results today. I believe that first goal by New England woke 'em up. And the result was a Toronto goal in the next minute. Guevara, Dichio, DeRo were the men of the match. Dichio's pass to DeRo, that scored the eventual winner, was a thing of beauty. And Guevara's free kick for the insurance goal too was a beaut. Cummins said that this match would be a defining one for TFC's season. I do hope this means better things to come for the rest of the season. :scarf: :D

TFC USA
05-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Big ups to that. Now besides Shitlumbus, we've taken three points from every league team and Canadian opponent.

Shitlumbus, you're next.

San Jose? Seattle? We haven't beaten them.

squarehead
05-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Just got home from the match... Time to shove some grub in my gut and hit the bars to celebrate the most entertaining and fun to watch display of footy our boys put forth this year!

What I enjoyed the most was the desire to win the team displayed today. Everyone played their hearts out.

bene89
05-23-2009, 07:09 PM
The lacrosse lines weren't too noticeable on the stream, my English mates that watched the match with me didn't even notice they were there...

dinminister
05-23-2009, 07:14 PM
im sorry but my patience with barret is done. after watching todays game, hes the most inconsistent garbage striker. not that vitti has scored more goals, but vitti deserves the playing time more. at least he can create some chances as apposed to screwing them up

twistedchinaman
05-23-2009, 07:15 PM
San Jose? Seattle? We haven't beaten them YET. But we will.

Corrected! :D

Fushida
05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
im sorry but my patience with barret is done. after watching todays game, hes the most inconsistent garbage striker. not that vitti has scored more goals, but vitti deserves the playing time more. at least he can create some chances as apposed to screwing them up

some people are just too hard to please :rolleyes: barrett did okay in my eyes today... scuffed a weak-ish shot in the first half, but worked quite hard thoughout and made a few good chances... not to mention he's pretty decent at holding the ball when needed.

Ricketts did a spectacular globetrotter type thing during the kick-around at halftime. He was sitting on his butt, spinning around, and keeping the ball in the air with a bunch of trick moves. Very impressive.

I was watching that... it was him and Ibbe I think pulling off some pretty slick moves.

Roogsy
05-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Why do we keep fooling ourselves into thinking this team is better with Dichio on the bench?

Does anyone have any stats on wins and losses when Dichio starts vs when he doesn't play or subs on? I really need to see this...

dinminister
05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
some people are just too hard to please :rolleyes: barrett did okay in my eyes today... scuffed a weak-ish shot in the first half, but worked quite hard thoughout and made a few good chances... not to mention he's pretty decent at holding the ball when needed.

im not saying hes horrible all the time, but he cant finish for his life and is too inconsistent to be a starter. personally i think vitti has great potential and once he gets his first goal will gain confidence and be able to be a starting striker

Marco2K
05-23-2009, 07:25 PM
the lines on the field are terribe. BMO should be for TFC alone.

T0R0NT0 FC
05-23-2009, 07:26 PM
My friend and I were positive that we heard the announcer at today's TFC match say that if you brought your ticket for today's match to Lamport for the youth/reserve match today at 7pm you would be allowed in free. Well, apparently "free" is 5$ each.

We told them what the announcer said, but the 18 yr old girl working the gate said it was still 5$, so we said f@#k it and left out of principle.

When the match was started (as we passed the pitch in the street car) there were maybe 30 people in the entire stands watching the game.

It makes total sense that they would allow people in for free to check out atleast one match. Especially since the TFC match just ended. Then more fans might come out the next time and pay to support them.

After being told one thing and then another at the gate we just said f@#k and left. It wasnt' about the 5$ to get in. If your going to have a promotion, make sure your staff knows about it.

Because Im' sure as hell not going to another match there ever again.

NateDoGG
05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
great game, dichio proves how important he really is once again, he created so much this game, wouldnt have won it without him!!!!
that was one of the better games ive seen him play this year, if he keeps that up i hope he plays for another season!

Beach_Red
05-23-2009, 07:35 PM
My friend and I were positive that we heard the announcer at today's TFC match say that if you brought your ticket for today's match to Lamport for the youth/reserve match today at 7pm you would be allowed in free. Well, apparently "free" is 5$ each.

Sorry, man, I heard the announcer clearly say five bucks. I agree it should be free...

And the lacrosse lines were shitty.

Bu the game was great!

Eastend
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM

I agree, it would be great if the matches started on the 1/2 hour again. I hate having to run get the 6 o'clock train....can't enjoy the victory properly.

Up The TFC
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
3 things.

1) I definitely heard them say the Academy match was $5 with today's ticket, but I agree that it should be free.

2) I didn't notice the lacrosse lines, but I did notice that the ball wasn't bouncing around nearly as much...I presume it's all the extra rubber they put down.

3) Barrett: another great game. I think he dinked one out over the end line for a goal kick and one pass over the head of DeRo for a throw in the first half, but otherwise, the man can control the ball and run with it, he can get open and he can pass. And he can shoot, as we saw the other game. Vitti had the one little trick today, and I think Cummins got the starting lineup right.

Edit: no edit, just beaten to the punch by Beach Red.

Redpunkfiddle
05-23-2009, 07:40 PM

We told them what the announcer said, but the 18 yr old girl working the gate said it was still 5$, so we said f@#k it and left out of principle.

When the match was started (as we passed the pitch in the street car) there were maybe 30 people in the entire stands watching the game.

It makes total sense that they would allow people in for free to check out atleast one match. Especially since the TFC match just ended. Then more fans might come out the next time and pay to support them.

After being told one thing and then another at the gate we just said f@#k and left. It wasnt' about the 5$ to get in. If your going to have a promotion, make sure your staff knows about it.

Sorry, it was $5. It was in the email to SSTH and on the website. Didn't hear it over the PA system. Next time I'll spot you the FIVE BUCKS.

Eastend
05-23-2009, 07:40 PM
.....and....I was worried about the laross lines for today's match but I totally forgot about them as I didn't see any from my seat...I am almost at field level though so.....

Eastend
05-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I have a man crush for Barrett....he leaves everything on the pitch every game....if he scores every 2-3 games I'm fine with that. YES, I wish he would hit the net more and finish a few extra chances but I won't complain about him. He's got heart and it shows.

sampace
05-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Good game, however all three goals came from our creative midfielders. WE need help in the forward area. Dichio is a good player, but he cannot play all the games anymore, he is a good substitute with the occassional start. We need to either find a clone of Dichio who is a bit younger, or start looking elsewhere. Personally of all the ex Reds I'd like back, I'd like Eskandarian...he worked hard and can score the odd goal.

Daveisonfire
05-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Wooooo, just got home.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!:yum:

Stryker
05-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Just watched the game a second time which allowed me to watch the teams movement and such more closely without the vested emotion of watching the game live.

First and foremost.. Chad played GREAT. Get off his back for today. He only had two chances on goal this game. One from a near impossible angle while running full tilt and the other with two defenders draped all over him. He came back and played hard defensively through the midfield and all the way back to our box at times.

Nana played great also. He watched the Revs forwards well and made no nonsense clearances at all the right times.

Vitti is so good at handling the ball and creating goal scoring chances.
Believe me when I say this... theres a spot on this team for Vitti and if he played it he'd deserve every penny of his salary. Problem is, it's already been filled by Guevara. Vitti is a natural born CAM. Wither or not he's worth us keeping as a striker is another matter. If Guevara is planning on leaving next season, then yes we need to keep Vitti.

After the final goal we played really nice posession ball the last 20 or so minites making good passes and still attacking when the opprotunities presented themselves. This is something I've NEVER seen this team do.
Usually we only counter or just sit back when we have the lead.

The Ref was a god send! He played advantage at all the right times.
The thing I liked most about him was that he let the boys play a physical game and called leg fouls and knocks to the head. Upper body physicality was fair game for the most part and thats how I like my football.
TFC needs to pester MLS to try and get him on as many of our games as possible.

Keystone FC
05-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Is this the year of 'Firsts'? 1st time to beat the Revs, 1st time to win from from a goal down, 1st time to get points in RFK...I know there are more but it seems like this is the break through year for the squad.

James Oliphant
05-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Great win...not because we played great (because we've played better this year), but because we TOOK OUR CHANCES!

Also wanted to take this opportunity to thank the Rooneys for the fantastic and totally unexpected gift of an argyle scarf. Awesome, awesome gift guys...you're both amazing. :D

twistedchinaman
Is this the year of 'Firsts'? 1st time to beat the Revs, 1st time to win from from a goal down, 1st time to get points in RFK...I know there are more but it seems like this is the break through year for the squad.

This year will be a year of firsts -- let's hope it cumulates with the first playoff berth and maybe even the MLS Cup!

I know, wishful thinking...But hey, let me dream.

:scarf:

rocker
loved serioux and nana today.

nana is one solid player. he doesn't look as big as serioux, but he has great strength.... and he's a good header + good sense of where he needs to be. I feel really comfortable with him. He's an MLS starting defender at age 20... wow!

gonna go watch the MLS Matchcenter recording now to see if my in-person observations were right.

James Oliphant
05-23-2009, 08:14 PM

We still need a hat-trick and a win over Columbus. Those two things along with a playoff berth would make this truly a year of firsts.

iansmcl
05-23-2009, 08:15 PM
@ twistedchinaman: Not really all that wishful thinking... anything can happen in this league. Look at the NYRB last year (even though they lost). But that's because they're shite.

nfitz
05-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Or is it possible for the train to hold about 5 minutes at Exhibition? Of course it'd be prohibitively expensive to build a passing loop platform there...That train is almost always 5-minutes late ... it's quite easy to catch at the end of the game. The bigger issue is the westbound that leaves at about 47 minutes past the hour.

Hopefully by next year we'll have trains every 30-minutes ... but even then, I expect that people will be leaving the game early.

nfitz
05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
.....and....I was worried about the laross lines for today's match but I totally forgot about them as I didn't see any from my seat...I am almost at field level though so.....They were quite visible from 104 ... though looking at the TV replay, they looked far worse at the north end, than the south end.

andyc
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Great post game celebration!

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=1594

Up The TFC
05-23-2009, 08:53 PM
First and foremost.. Chad played GREAT.

Totally.

theres a spot on this team for Vitti and if he played it he'd deserve every penny of his salary. Problem is, it's already been filled by Guevara.Awesome observation. That answers 'The Vitti Question' in my mind.

The Ref was a god send!...He let the boys play a physical game and called leg fouls and knocks to the head. Upper body physicality was fair game for the most part...Another excellent observation. I was wondering why the people around me who normally complain about the ref weren't complaining about the ref, and this is why.

Oldtimer
05-23-2009, 08:58 PM
The Ref was a god send! He played advantage at all the right times.
The thing I liked most about him was that he let the boys play a physical game and called leg fouls and knocks to the head. Upper body physicality was fair game for the most part and thats how I like my football.
TFC needs to pester MLS to try and get him on as many of our games as possible.

Michael Kennedy has impressed me before the couple of times I've seen him. IMO he is one of the best MLS refs. Carol-Anne Chenard, the 4th official for this match is also quite good.

Stryker
05-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Just realized that we're 5-1-2 with Cummins.
WOW! Carver who?

twistedchinaman
05-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Right now, FYI:

RIGHT NOW...

TFC 3-1 NER (F)
RSL 0-0 DCU (F)
HOU 3-1 SJE (73')
KCW [10] 1-1 CHV (67') - EDIT: Wolff ejected.
FCD [10] 1-1 LAG (72')
COL 1-1 SEA (26')

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Just in from the game...12:38 am sunday morning//love the ontario transportation system...anyhoo great game by the Reds....all players get 9 out of 10..their quick responce after NE scored was great..the best game of the season IMHO...
Guevara 2 goals man of the match...hes been brill this season..NE not the team
they have been...they are in transition...well done reds..

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Just realized that we're 5-1-2 with Cummins.
WOW! Carver who?

give two of those wins to Carver or share them when he sat in the box,
But after last weeks poor effort against Chicago...it was good to see the club fight back after going a goal down

nfitz
05-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Just in from the game...12:38 am sunday morning//love the ontario transportation system...Ouch ... I walked in the door at 6:38 pm, after taking the GO and a streetcar. I have to give you credit for coming; I'm not sure I'd be so loyal!!

Buy why didn't you catch the VIA train that get's into Brantford at 8:20 pm?

Shep
05-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Amazing result, and it felt nice not to be on shaky ground nearing the 90 minute mark.

Some funny chanting in 106, we had a guy with a Revs shirt - Dube on the back - and after we took the lead a pile of people started chanting Dube! to him :D He had a laugh and was waving back.. it started up again a few times and lastly as he was leaving in the 86th minute.. "DUBE! DUBE! DUBE!" and with a smile he took off the shirt and left in his wife-beater.

AdamZ
05-24-2009, 12:38 AM

agreed on the leaving early bit but on the bright side of things great attendance today with 20,478 people, the highest attendance since the Seattle game

twistedchinaman
05-24-2009, 01:07 AM
agreed on the leaving early bit but on the bright side of things great attendance today with 20,478 people, the highest attendance since the Seattle game

The biggest beef I have is that every year I only get the pleasure to go to one game LIVE (I've been to LA and SJ before TO -- strange I know), and it's a cryin' shame to just leave like that. You're there for the full 90' or you might as well watch it on TV like I do week in and week out. Besides, there is always a next train/streetcar/etc.

But that's just me.

T0R0NT0 FC
05-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Sorry, it was $5. It was in the email to SSTH and on the website. Didn't hear it over the PA system. Next time I'll spot you the FIVE BUCKS.

Hmm... I guess the chanting in the supporters section was too loud for me to cleary hear it. But still, they should be free. Then more people would go.

Calvin
05-24-2009, 04:12 AM
wynne had the marvelous (get it marvelous?) cross that set up the first goal.

sulfur
05-24-2009, 07:49 AM
(get it marvelous?)
Would've been better as Marvellous :D

TorontoBlades
05-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Great game.

Here's my one gripe....

This is to whomever is in 112 and chants "We smoke weed all day, we drink beer all day".....you're all top class losers, undisputed.

It's one thing to be ignorant enough to chant that knowing that children are within earshot....but it's almost worse to be bragging about it. Like if you do in fact smoke weed and drink beer all day...that's cool, I indulge myself...but to jump up and down and sing about it had to be the most pathetic display of adult human behavior I've ever seen in any place. I tip my cap to you, sweaty-armpitted donkey man at the top of 112.

TorontoBlades
05-24-2009, 09:07 AM
^ and the 20 or so followers around him

Bobo
05-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Good game, however all three goals came from our creative midfielders. WE need help in the forward area. Dichio is a good player, but he cannot play all the games anymore, he is a good substitute with the occassional start. We need to either find a clone of Dichio who is a bit younger, or start looking elsewhere. Personally of all the ex Reds I'd like back, I'd like Eskandarian...he worked hard and can score the odd goal.

And our big man was playing set up guy LOL. Maybe Danny and Amado should switch places on the field. Dichio did have a very good game though.

Got to say, 125_TFC (cant remember his name, sorry) did a great job after the game. Keep up the good work!

neuf
05-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Great game.

Here's my one gripe....

This is to whomever is in 112 and chants "We smoke weed all day, we drink beer all day".....you're all top class losers, undisputed.

It's one thing to be ignorant enough to chant that knowing that children are within earshot....but it's almost worse to be bragging about it. Like if you do in fact smoke weed and drink beer all day...that's cool, I indulge myself...but to jump up and down and sing about it had to be the most pathetic display of adult human behavior I've ever seen in any place. I tip my cap to you, sweaty-armpitted donkey man at the top of 112.

Qh2sWSVRrmo

trane
05-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Why do we keep fooling ourselves into thinking this team is better with Dichio on the bench?

Does anyone have any stats on wins and losses when Dichio starts vs when he doesn't play or subs on? I really need to see this...

You now that this has been a question mark for me for some time, I never quite understand why he has started so little even after Cummins took over. Our best eleven includes Dichio simple.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Ouch ... I walked in the door at 6:38 pm, after taking the GO and a streetcar. I have to give you credit for coming; I'm not sure I'd be so loyal!!

no money.. bought the grey away jersey with Wynne 16 on the back and that killed the wallet for the month...even yesterday i had to borrow money just to eat at the tailgate... 3.5 hr stay in Hamilton is not bad when the weather is friendly..but Go has to advance to brantford sooner or later sooner.. i hope. I love TFC and football...:scarf:

Yohan
05-24-2009, 04:53 PM
No I think Joseph was entirely responsible for that one - it was a world-class finish.
I thought marking on Joseph could have been better. Though Joseph was quality in the game, esp first half. If he was a pure striker, he would have put in more of the chances he had.

Yohan
05-24-2009, 05:00 PM
im not saying hes horrible all the time, but he cant finish for his life and is too inconsistent to be a starter. personally i think vitti has great potential and once he gets his first goal will gain confidence and be able to be a starting striker

3) Barrett: another great game. I think he dinked one out over the end line for a goal kick and one pass over the head of DeRo for a throw in the first half, but otherwise, the man can control the ball and run with it, he can get open and he can pass. And he can shoot, as we saw the other game. Vitti had the one little trick today, and I think Cummins got the starting lineup right.

yep. Barrett had a great game as a WINGER. he ran. he got at the end of passes. he hustled his butt off.

if he can get a bit of a better crossing going, I think Barrett would make a great winger

DoubleUp
05-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I think vitti would be much more affective as an attacking midfielder.

Yohan
05-24-2009, 06:53 PM
also not happy about the free headers and some defensive lapses in first half.

and amount of free kicks given away just outside the box

could have easily bit us in the ass big time

Lucky Strike
05-24-2009, 07:07 PM

No, unfortunately, the announcer did actually say it was 5$.

Lucky Strike
05-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Ouch ... I walked in the door at 6:38 pm, after taking the GO and a streetcar. I have to give you credit for coming; I'm not sure I'd be so loyal!!

Give yourself credit, if you've gone to any away game, you've done the same! :D

Along the same note, I'm real glad I saw a good game having come down from Ottawa for this one.

P.S. Didn't even notice any lacross leftovers either.

Lucky Strike
05-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I thought marking on Joseph could have been better. Though Joseph was quality in the game, esp first half. If he was a pure striker, he would have put in more of the chances he had.

I thought so as well.