PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Union has vision for World-Class Club

Cashcleaner
05-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Goal.com's John Mantia recently spoke with Tom Veit, the President of MLS' newest franchise, Philadelphia Union.

With their logo, name and colors leaked on the internet days before the planned naming ceremony, even the worst kept secret of the Philadelphia Union failed to temper the DayGlo-clad Polish-American string band that blared near the City Hall's steps.

Tom Veit was no doubt relieved.

As president for MLS's newest franchise, Veit and his still-assembling front office spent months tweaking and redesigning the aforementioned logo, hoping to craft an identity that best reflected Philadelphia, both past and present.

Amid a slew of delays and false starts, Veit sighs in retrospect, "If you don’t have that live interaction, it’s tough to gauge how they are feeling and what their reactions are. That made it great, to feel that energy in the way we did at city hall. It was a great preview into what we’ll experience once the stadium is open."

Article continues here: http://goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2009/05/22/1280792/goalcom-special-philadelphia-union-president-tom-veit

Keystone FC
05-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I think it's good for a new club to come in and look beyond the 1st five years and with the mistakes made in Tampa they know what to avoid...BIG TIME!
But they have a tuff hill to climb to be considered a Hemi of a club. They are going to have to win and win big not only in the MLS but on the international stage and that means the CONCACAF CL and the World Club Cup.

woolly
05-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Well, they can hire Steve Nichol soon.... I suspect he'll be unemployed sooner rather than later.

Stryker
05-23-2009, 09:19 PM
The only dominating team in north america will be TFC.

twistedchinaman
05-23-2009, 09:57 PM

AMEN!!!

:drum: :canada: :scarf: :canada: :scarf: :scarf: :canada: :scarf: :canada: :drum:

Cashcleaner
05-24-2009, 04:26 AM

I certainly hope so. The supporters like you and I all seem to have that vision, but does anyone else?

James17930
05-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Word Soccer Shop.com doesn't seem to think so:

http://www.worldsoccershop.com/shop-by-league-mls-philadelphia-union.html

:lol:

SilverSamurai
05-24-2009, 10:12 AM

Tell that to Chivas, Cruz Azul and Santos ;)

TFC07
05-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Tell that to Chivas, Cruz Azul and Santos ;)

If MLS can get their shit together; MLS will become top league in CONCACAF and have the best teams in our region. Mexican clubs should be glad that MLS has a low salary cap.

SilverSamurai
05-24-2009, 10:42 AM
If MLS can get their shit together; MLS will become top league in CONCACAF and have the best teams in our region. Mexican clubs should be glad that MLS has a low salary cap.
Agreed. Just saying it's a long road, but I hope to live to see TFC as a North American/CONCACAF football powerhouse.:flare::canada::scarf:

And to see Canada FINALLY qualify for a world cup. I'll probably cry when that happens... :canada:

Redcoe15
05-24-2009, 04:41 PM
And to see Canada FINALLY qualify for a world cup. I'll probably cry when that happens... :canada:
I may be dead when that happens. :(

maninb
05-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I may be dead when that happens. :(

Not that hard...play all the qualifiers in Newfoundland and Edmonton....That's THE ONLY REASON WE QUALIFIED in the 80's...Latin Americans CAN'T PLAY IN SHITE WEATHER...That being said I still want to see WCQ games...but perhaps the price we have to pay...Why do think Paraguay and Ecuador win games against Brazil & the Argies...Altitude and crap weather....