PDA

View Full Version : David Edgar

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Why wouldn,t we.............Newcastle going down on Sunday....costs money but exactly what we need........:scarf:

Roogsy
05-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I hope that you don't take this the wrong way, because these sorts of threads tend to go downhill fast.

But dude...it's not even likely.

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Why...........its the kind of thing that needs attempted at least and I really couldnt give a fuck if it goes down hill fast...its the internet so who gives a fuck. The guy is Newcastle Reserve team captain, hes Canadian, he is probabley fed up and would love to come home...hes a CB and a team leader......DP written all over him and just what this team needs. Now if someone at MLSE had big balls they would at least make a pitch for him even if it was a loan deal......

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 09:29 PM
TBH its no more crazy than the "Figo Needs a home" thread.....which defo wont happen......

Kevvv
05-22-2009, 09:31 PM
You're missing one crucial fact here. The people who sign DP's do not search internet boards for ideas. And if they did, it wouldn't really be a good thing.

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 09:40 PM
You're missing one crucial fact here. The people who sign DP's do not search internet boards for ideas. And if they did, it wouldn't really be a good thing.
Of course they dont mate cant imagine why you thought that........sure they have much better things to do with their time......but can you think of a better potentially available Canadian CB who is DP material who for the right kind of cash would come to TFC, cause I cant and if I was MOMO Id be making a phonecall on Monday morning.....pretty sure you would be also....OOOOpppsssss maybe you didnt understand my first post from lack of full stops etc.........TFC NEED to attempt such a thing.......Ontario Arab Couldnt give a fuck if its the internet....hope that clears it up. DAVID EDGAR should be TFC Captain for the next 5 years.

Stryker
05-22-2009, 09:48 PM
We need to use the DP on a goal scorer more than a CB.

Suds
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Why...........its the kind of thing that needs attempted at least and I really couldnt give a fuck if it goes down hill fast...its the internet so who gives a fuck. The guy is Newcastle Reserve team captain, hes Canadian, he is probabley fed up and would love to come home...hes a CB and a team leader......DP written all over him and just what this team needs. Now if someone at MLSE had big balls they would at least make a pitch for him even if it was a loan deal......

Hey, I'd like to see the kid play here but it's not happening any time soon.

It's very unlikely Newcastle is shopping the kid. If the do get relegated they will look to trim cost from the roster. This would actually be ideal for Edgar and may give him a shot at playing for Newcastle's first team.

Edgar is not interested in playing here at this stage of his career. He will look to other options in Europe before playing in the MLS.

He is not worth DP money ... or at least not proven he is yet.

Mo is not going to spend time chasing a player he has very little chance of signing.

So, yeah .. it would be great to have him but it just ain't happening.

elvis
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Next time you're talking to him (because I know you have been since he told you he was fed up) ask him to give me a call...it's been a few weeks and we're supposed to do dinner while I'm over there on business.

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 09:56 PM

It's very unlikely Newcastle is shopping the kid. If the do get relegated they will look to trim cost from the roster. This would actually be ideal for Edgar and may give him a shot at playing for Newcastle's first team.

Edgar is not interested in playing here at this stage of his career. He will look to other options in Europe before playing in the MLS.

Mo is not going to spend time chasing a player he has very little chance of signing.

Shopping or Not Suds....it would be a bad move not to even inquire would it not....what if the guy was soooo pissed off he would jump at the chance....old saying where Im from..."You dont ask, You dont get...".........also how long are we prepared to call him a "kid"...????

Roogsy
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Relax

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Relax

I am man...........lol

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 10:23 PM
We need to use the DP on a goal scorer more than a CB.
Totally Disagree. We have lots of goal scorers they just spend too much time on the back peddle due to a poor defence....Serioux is a start but he needs a partner.

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 10:27 PM

Maybe he will be in the SPL next season then...woooooooohoooooooooooooo wait a minute thats not possible due to the inferior quality of it, maybe Seria A or La Ligue or the Bundis....who knows............thats a big decision for the guy...

Raging Reggie
05-22-2009, 10:32 PM
If newcastle goes down i dont really see this as being super far fetched of an idea, unlikely sure, and i wouldnt spend DP money on him either, but i wouldnt think it would a bad idea at all. I remember in season 1 seeing him drinking a beer in the carlsberg section at a game, maybe the though of him being a big star here and in this league right now while hes still really young could boost his status. If i were him i probably would sorta be entertaining the idea in my brain as an option

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 10:34 PM
If newcastle goes down i dont really see this as being super far fetched of an idea, unlikely sure, and i wouldnt spend DP money on him either, but i wouldnt think it would a bad idea at all. I remember in season 1 seeing him drinking a beer in the carlsberg section at a game, maybe the though of him being a big star here and in this league right now while hes still really young could boost his status. If i were him i probably would sorta be entertaining the idea in my brain as an option

I bow down to your way of thinking mate.........:scarf:. The guy knows he is going NOWHERE at present.If you think about it...DeRo is a HUGE Star in MLS, he hasnt done anything anywhere else in the world and I,m sure he goes home every night quite contented with his life........Edgar could be thinking the same way....all I meant by this post was that we as a team would be foolish not to ask Newcastle what it would take at least, that in itself shows a bright future for this club....if they say go fuck yourselves then thats that but maybe they would have other ideas...At his age becoming a major star in MLS surely isnt going to damage his chances of securing a major deal in the future...its called showcasing.....he gets nowhere near the press at the moment that he would if he lifted the MLS Championship........

kitchener-TFC
05-22-2009, 10:41 PM

He tried getting Deco last season, didn't he?
Edgar would be a great addition to the team, however, I'd rather see the DP be a goal scorer.

T_Mizz
05-22-2009, 10:46 PM
If newcastle goes down i dont really see this as being super far fetched of an idea, unlikely sure, and i wouldnt spend DP money on him either, but i wouldnt think it would a bad idea at all. I remember in season 1 seeing him drinking a beer :drinking:in the carlsberg section at a game, maybe the though of him being a big star here and in this league right now while hes still really young could boost his status. If i were him i probably would sorta be entertaining the idea in my brain as an option
Was he even legal at the time?:D
kidding I believe he was born in 87 so he def was.
And for the sake of this "discussion" it probably won't happen because Edgar is too good for MLS at this point in his career, although he seems to not be quite good enough for the EPL. I prefer to think of the glass being half full and I will say that if the MLS continues to grow in leaps and bounds we could possibly eventually see Edgar as the TFC skipper which would make my day everyday for at least a year.:canada:

InTheCrowd
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
First of all he'd never come. He's young and is at a top club in Europe. Why would he want to ruin his career by coming to Canada and taking a HUGE step back? Second of all, I wouldn't waste DP money on him. We could get a defender of equal or better quality for cheaper, he just wouldn't take up a domestic roster spot.

This is insane. If he wasn't Canadian we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

Raging Reggie
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
I bow down to your way of thinking mate.........:scarf:. The guy knows he is going NOWHERE at present.If you think about it...DeRo is a HUGE Star in MLS, he hasnt done anything anywhere else in the world and I,m sure he goes home every night quite contented with his life........Edgar could be thinking the same way....all I meant by this post was that we as a team would be foolish not to ask Newcastle what it would take at least, that in itself shows a bright future for this club....if they say go fuck yourselves then thats that but maybe they would have other ideas...At his age becoming a major star in MLS surely isnt going to damage his chances of securing a major deal in the future...its called showcasing.....he gets nowhere near the press at the moment that he would if he lifted the MLS Championship........

agreed, we are on the same page, it would be a good option, play here for a few years, do well become a big name player in the league, then it would open doors for him while hes still young, he could go back to england make more money or it things were really good here and he was content stay. I would be entertaining the idea in my brain if i were him and hopefully mo would be thinking this and pitch it too him and newcastle, maybe even get him out on loan. Then again it all depends though if newcastle goes down and what there plans are for him in the future....

Suds
05-22-2009, 10:49 PM
He tried getting Deco last season, didn't he?
Edgar would be a great addition to the team, however, I'd rather see the DP be a goal scorer.

Huh, do you have proof of that?

Where would MLSE some up with approx $16M to sign a DP from Barca at the time?

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 10:52 PM
agreed, we are on the same page, it would be a good option, play here for a few years, do well become a big name player in the league, then it would open doors for him while hes still young, he could go back to england make more money or it things were really good here and he was content stay. I would be entertaining the idea in my brain if i were him and hopefully mo would be thinking this and pitch it too him and newcastle, maybe even get him out on loan. Then again it all depends though if newcastle goes down and what there plans are for him in the future....
I like your style dude

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Huh, do you have proof of that?

Where would MLSE some up with approx $16M to sign a DP from Barca at the time?Barca dont have DP,s......only winding U up Suds...lol.....Watched them a few times over the years......

T_Mizz
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Or alternatively he could stayin Europe, make an obscene amount of money while developing his game against/with the best players in the world and then follow th second half of your plan: staying in Europe
Although I appreciate your optimism both of you:)

Raging Reggie
05-22-2009, 10:58 PM
^^^ hey, lots of what ifs, im just saying it would be an option and something to think about if i were edgar. Anyone know how much he currently makes? I mean if hes going to stay on the reserve team if newcastle goes down in the championship is he really playing top flight against the best players? It would be something to think about, but lets see what happens with newcastle tommorrow first...

sabre22
05-22-2009, 11:00 PM
DP, some of you guys must be joking, he would have trouble making our back 4

T_Mizz
05-22-2009, 11:01 PM
^^^ hey, lots of what ifs, im just saying it would be an option and something to think about if i were edgar. Anyone know how much he currently makes? I mean if hes going to stay on the reserve team if newcastle goes down in the championship is he really playing top flight against the best players? It would be something to think about, but lets see what happens with newcastle tommorrow first...
Agreed, hopefully they can pull off the insanely improbable upset but I still haven't given up hope. I think with the playing time he's seen this year and a drop into the championship he'll see all the time he can handle although that is speculation until it actually happens.

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Or alternatively he could stayin Europe, make an obscene amount of money while developing his game against/with the best players in the world and then follow th second half of your plan: staying in Europe
Although I appreciate your optimism both of you:)

Hey Miss Mizz....how many years does he need to develop?????The guy hasnt shown anything for Newcastle, who are a poor epl team and the excuse of his youth is running out. Maybe he just doesnt want to be abroad anymore in the situation he is in.....He could make an obscene ammount of money in MLS too as TFC captain....his game doesnt seem to have helped Newcastle develop over the last few years and probabley wont help an inferior European team either but if he comes home it may just help a team like TFC in MLS.....as a human being Id be asking myself these questions around now...who knows...I just think he is the missing link with Serioux as far as our Defence goes......I think also given NFC,s present troubles it would be easy to do........More Beers please LOL.

T_Mizz
05-22-2009, 11:05 PM
DP, some of you guys must be joking, he would have trouble making our back 4
Now you must be joking:D
But I agree a 21 year old DP who's not a superstar is kind of against the spirit of the DP rule to begin with

sabre22
05-22-2009, 11:11 PM
But I agree a 21 year old DP who's not a superstar is kind of against the spirit of the DP rule to begin with
actually no joke:). serioux and brenan cmnt and wynn usnt, so yes he would have trouble making it

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 11:13 PM
But I agree a 21 year old DP who's not a superstar is kind of against the spirit of the DP rule to begin withThats my point he is 21/22 many years to make his name in Europe yet......needs away from the trainwreck thts NFC at the moment tho, and as he hasnt "made" his name yet that only leaves him with options that are not as good as coming home to TFC....

T_Mizz
05-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey Miss Mizz....how many years does he need to develop?????The guy hasnt shown anything for Newcastle, who are a poor epl team and the excuse of his youth is running out. Maybe he just doesnt want to be abroad anymore in the situation he is in.....He could make an obscene ammount of money in MLS too as TFC captain....his game doesnt seem to have helped Newcastle develop over the last few years and probabley wont help an inferior European team either but if he comes home it may just help a team like TFC in MLS.....as a human being Id be asking myself these questions around now...who knows...I just think he is the missing link with Serioux as far as our Defence goes......I think also given NFC,s present troubles it would be easy to do........More Beers please LOL.
First off the kid is 4 days removed from his 22nd birthday so I believe he still gets a pass as young.
Second he has shown enough to get himself 12 apps (7 starts) for Newcastle
Third, TFC Captain???? Really???
Fourth I said he needs to develop his game not use his game to develop a club (whatever that even means)
Fifth the money is not very obscene in the MLS, unless you're THE guy on your team which at this point in his career he would not be
The one thing in your post I do agree with is that we could all use more beers:drinking::D

GuelphStorm2007
05-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Trust me Edgar will never come to TFC. With Newcastle on the verge of going down I think he will get more playing time next season . It would be nice .

cougars732
05-22-2009, 11:17 PM
IF i was in his position i'd much rather play on a Newcastle team who gets relegated so you can in turn play for promotion...which dare i say it..still seems more prestigious than most awards in mls.
however i can see why i should at least entertain the idea of returning..but not as a DP and maybe not even to toronto.

T_Mizz
05-22-2009, 11:17 PM
actually no joke:). serioux and brenan cmnt and wynn usnt, so yes he would have trouble making it
well you seem to be forgetting that all important gap in the defense we've struggled to fill this year with Velez/Harmse/Attakora
Also I think he'd probably get some time at RB seeing as how Attakora did and I'm pretty sure Edgar is better than Attakora

sabre22
05-22-2009, 11:23 PM
well you seem to be forgetting that all important gap in the defense we've struggled to fill this year with Velez/Harmse/Attakora
Also I think he'd probably get some time at RB seeing as how Attakora did and I'm pretty sure Edgar is better than Attakora
Look the kid is ok, but just watching him live with the u20's was dissapointing, but maybe he did not have a good supporting cast with him. I just think the talk of Dp is way off, but maybe he could help us. And yes he is very young and might develop into a great player one day.

T_Mizz
05-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Look the kid is ok, but just watching him live with the u20's was dissapointing, but maybe he did not have a good supporting cast with him. I just think the talk of Dp is way off, but maybe he could help us. And yes he is very young and might develop into a great player one day.
Precisely. This is the middle ground that should be reached, he's a good young player that could develop into a great one but at this time he's not right for our DP slot.

cmonyoureds
05-22-2009, 11:40 PM

Fed up with being reserve team captain for a prem team? Geez, he's that good and you think he might come here???? Pipe dream.
And if you can't dislodge Colocinni (sp?) after how bad he's been this year........

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 11:46 PM
First off the kid is 4 days removed from his 22nd birthday so I believe he still gets a pass as young.
Second he has shown enough to get himself 12 apps (7 starts) for Newcastle
Third, TFC Captain???? Really???
Fourth I said he needs to develop his game not use his game to develop a club (whatever that even means)
Fifth the money is not very obscene in the MLS, unless you're THE guy on your team which at this point in his career he would not be
The one thing in your post I do agree with is that we could all use more beers:drinking::D

So 22 year olds, and there are lots, are still kids on the football pitch....some of them win golden boots.......didnt say he wasnt young, or in the golden boot winning calibre..... just that given his time at a senior club like NFC Im pretty sure he wouldnt regard himself as a "kid" anymore......12 caps for Newcastle is nothing to write home and tell your Nana about but its also nothing to be ashamed off either. What are his options.....play for NFC in the Championship for the next 5 yrs(if NFC go down they could be totally fecked like Leeds) and maybe do enough to get a Utility player position at a low end EPL team one season ........Or maybe they dont go down on Sunday.....play as a Utility player for Newcastle for the next 2 seasons then maybe sign for someone else..........and then come back to NA to retire or pasture as they say for money........At his pinnacle age he should be signing for a team like TFC who will grow with him and who he can become a leader with....Potentially a Captain for TFC........the guy is a born leader, thats why he is NFC reserve team captain, they dont give that to "kids"......Good teams are built around a good core of young players, the type of players you can afford, as a club, to keep together for a few years who become friends. I cannot think of a better guy for TFC to sign at the moment. He is Young. He has Experience.He is still ambitious and when 25 maybe he could go back to the EPL having captained TFC to back to back MLS titles and command himself some serious coin.....if he stays where he is you will not hear his name again in 2 years.......OK thats way too serious but honestley TFC would be nuts not to ask NFC for him in some capacity.....:drum:

Raging Reggie
05-22-2009, 11:49 PM
it could be another thing to think about for edgar that could make him consider comming over here, playing with fellow CMNT members constantly if he came here to TFC

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Precisely. This is the middle ground that should be reached, he's a good young player that could develop into a great one but at this time he's not right for our DP slot. I wasnt really leaning towards a DP slot Id rather see that go to..???? >>>>>>>>????? lol:scarf:

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Fed up with being reserve team captain for a prem team? Geez, he's that good and you think he might come here???? Pipe dream.
And if you can't dislodge Colocinni (sp?) after how bad he's been this year........
Whats wrong with that.....a prem team thats going down..Id be pissed pretty sure you would be too....might imagine ud be pissed at the fact your reserve squad were not given a chance to try and do anything about it because your manager kept playing a forgotten star like Owen...lol............lol....lol

Raging Reggie
05-22-2009, 11:53 PM
but that is the thing, as stated above a few times, if newcastle get relegated, he may get more first team experience so he would stay, if htey do get relegated and hes still not starting then the though of maybe comming back home would be more appealing, this thread was started to early with to many variables :P

prizby
05-23-2009, 12:31 AM
im shocked he wasnt called up

geordieboy
05-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Firstly, the Toon are not going down and secondly David Edgar is in talks about a new two year contract at Newcastle. He ain't coming to TFC.

denime
05-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Firstly, the Toon are not going down and secondly David Edgar is in talks about a new two year contract at Newcastle. He ain't coming to TFC.

And he said recently that he doesn't want to come to MLS or TFC.
Maybe at the end of his career,but not now.
Can't blame him.

T_Mizz
05-23-2009, 08:09 AM
This may be a bit off topic but aren't they currently in the dropzone with only Aston Villa left?

The Kingpin
05-23-2009, 08:14 AM
And he said recently that he doesn't want to come to MLS or TFC.
Maybe at the end of his career,but not now.
Can't blame him.

If you recall Red Patch Live! last year (some of you may) - I had spoken with David on the sideline whilst he was warming up. In short he said the team needs much more than him to be successful (a polite way of saying they are deplorable - though a little better this year), he followed by saying the MLS was..... enter answer here_________. As a side note, I'm a little embarrassed that I have posted in this particular thread.

Pookie
05-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Assumptions made by the OP:

"probabley fed up and would love to come home"
"who for the right kind of cash would come to TFC"
"guy knows he is going NOWHERE at present."
"DeRo is a HUGE Star in MLS"
"At his age becoming a major star in MLS surely isnt going to damage his chances of securing a major deal in the future...its called showcasing"
"He could make an obscene ammount of money in MLS too as TFC captain."

Facts that fly into the face of the argument

CASH: TFC have an operating income of $2.1M. The average EPL player makes $1.5M CDN. Edgar (at 20) is surely calculating that he will be making the average in the near future.

"Going Nowhere": A young Canadian playing in the EPL. If that isn't enough to suggest that he is going somewhere, I'm not sure I can help

"DeRo is a HUGE star": He's not even a HUGE star in Toronto. He's a hit with fans but on the North American sports landscape he's insignificant. Endorsement deals are not rolling in. My assumption is that De Rossario would trade places with Edgar in a second (or Hargreaves, or De Guzman or Stalteri, etc).

It's not realistic my friend. Great pipe dream.

geordieboy
05-23-2009, 08:33 AM
T Mizz, yes NUFC are in the drop zone but Hull and Sunderland will lose and The Toon will get at least a point at Villa, thus safety

Shway
05-23-2009, 09:23 AM
ill be having a party when this thread dies
strippers and whores when this thread dies
put turf at bmo when this thread dies
:D

NateDoGG
05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
TBH its no more crazy than the "Figo Needs a home" thread.....which defo wont happen......

ya i duno why ppl are even thinking a player like FIGO would want to come to toronto ontario canada and play on fake grass
not gonna happen, never in this lifetime....

if we could ever get a player lets say as big as beckham, it would be michael owen and thats it, and he would only be here for a few yrs..

Pachuco
05-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm sure I'm about to get bashed, but David Edgar will forever be overrated to me until I see him play a decent game for Canada. Or even Newcastle if he ever gets into a game. All I can say is this kid looked absolutely horrendous in the U-20. For someone who was playing (well riding the pines) at the top level in Europe he sure did get outplayed by most other kids his age. For those that are going to say that the entire team looked bad, well not so much. Begovic looked incredible to me and right away I knew this could is going to have a bright future. Your team can be shit, doesn't mean you can't make an impression.

Maybe he's good enough for TFC, but he's still overrated. I think we'll find Newcastle giving up on him soon.

ensco
05-23-2009, 10:30 AM
^It's certainly true that the number of people on these boards that have seen Edgar play much (ie for the Newcastle reserves) has to be zero.

Mark in Ottawa
05-23-2009, 10:46 AM
If David Edgar was tired of Newcastle or looking for guaranteed playing time there are lots of english options for him that would be tons better than TFC. Any top team in the Championship would provide him with more money, a better level of competition and more opportunity for career advancement than any MLS team ever could at this time in his career.

sampace
05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
David Edgar would not return to Canada unless it was DP money, and I don't see him being a DP target yet, I'd sooner Toronto brought back DeGuzman as a DP if anyone.

InTheCrowd
05-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Why would you even want a Canadian DP?

sampace
05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Jonathan DeGuzman is one player worth DPing, however we all know he is not coming back to Canada just yet. And from what I know he also does not like artificial turf.

Stryker
05-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Absolutely don't want Edger anymore.
Nana is coming along very nicely and the DP spot and hit againest the cap would be wasted on him.

T_Mizz
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Jonathan DeGuzman is one player worth DPing, however we all know he is not coming back to Canada just yet. And from what I know he also does not like artificial turf.
Jonathan who? I'm sorry that name has been stricken from my memory:D

T_Mizz
05-23-2009, 08:41 PM
^It's certainly true that the number of people on these boards that have seen Edgar play much (ie for the Newcastle reserves) has to be zero.
I'd check with anyone who's name includes the word Toon, Geordie or Kingpin before you make claims like that:D

Razcle
05-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Edgar is not looking awesome today...and Newcastle are looking like they will not be able to escape (save an Owens wonderstrike in the 90')..Either way... TFC/MLS would not be a good development ground for David Edgar. He needs to be in the top flights if we want him to reach his potential.

Nuvinho
05-24-2009, 11:57 AM
red card for Edgar

jwfm1985
05-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Pretty shitty game for Edgar, unlucky on the second yellow though

Mark in Ottawa
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
A year or two in the Championship playing every game will do him good unless he gets sold off because of Newcastle's debt load.

Fort York Redcoat
05-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Edgar is not looking awesome today...and Newcastle are looking like they will not be able to escape (save an Owens wonderstrike in the 90')..Either way... TFC/MLS would not be a good development ground for David Edgar. He needs to be in the top flights if we want him to reach his potential.

The flip side is he may get more time in the Championship. I'd rather see him succeed in tier two there than here. He can always come home later. Let him reach that potential there.

jabbronies
05-25-2009, 07:40 AM
I don't think Newcastle will get rid of him. He's on the cheaper end as far as player salary, which is what they need. He is still young, so they still have a chance to mold him into the player they want.

The only way he would come here is if he completly falters and is no longer wanted by any team in first division. Remember people, MLS is a last resort, not a first choice.

Krasno.pL.
05-25-2009, 09:27 AM
for a guy whos played with David for 12 years.. and trialed with him in NewCastle.. he wouldnt have a problem fitting into the back 4... nana's spot or velez's easy....
last time we chatted.. hes not coming.. i talk to him next week ill let u know (not that he would tell anyone.. lol ) but Championship quality is still better than MLS soo theres no point of him coming here when the kids making millions there.. lol

pubboy
05-25-2009, 10:51 AM
for a guy whos played with David for 12 years.. and trialed with him in NewCastle.. he wouldnt have a problem fitting into the back 4... nana's spot or velez's easy....
last time we chatted.. hes not coming.. i talk to him next week ill let u know (not that he would tell anyone.. lol ) but Championship quality is still better than MLS soo theres no point of him coming here when the kids making millions there.. lol

He wont be making millions in the Championship, unless they are taking a gamble in bouncing back straight away. Very dangerous position to take - ask Leeds !