PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Pozniak

ensco
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
He was training here yesterday. Cummins said it wasn't a tryout, just a training favour to a former player. But isn't Pozzy Bear a better utility option than Ricketts?

Bring back the greatest nickname machine in TFC history! Who is a very decent player.

WE WANT SCRABBLE
WE WANT SCRABBLE
WE WANT SCRABBLE

H Bomb
05-22-2009, 02:17 PM
^ and if we have Nana as a CB option Poz is a better CDM than Harmse for my money.....agreed!

rocker
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
does pozniak want to come back?

Yohan
05-22-2009, 02:23 PM
and does poz have a contract with dundee still?

Nuvinho
05-22-2009, 02:51 PM
as well, how much was Poz making with Dundee? Is it over $100K? can we afford $100K more?

Nuvinho
05-22-2009, 02:52 PM
from his wiki:

Chris signed a one-year deal with Dundee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_F.C.) on August 7, 2008.

Looks like he is done as of Aug 09.

Oldtimer
05-22-2009, 02:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Chris-Pozniak-2008-06-23.jpg/200px-Chris-Pozniak-2008-06-23.jpg

Nuvinho
05-22-2009, 02:56 PM
^ I saw him at the Brazzenhead before the Impact game on the 13th.

Stryker
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
My small brain has had to push out most of the 2007 season in order to make room for new information so I can't remember much about him.
Wasen't he another turnover machine?

Oldtimer
05-22-2009, 03:11 PM
My small brain has had to push out most of the 2007 season in order to make room for new information so I can't remember much about him.
Wasen't he another turnover machine?

Not really.

He wasn't released by the club, he was scooped up in the following year's expansion draft, then traded by that team, then released.

He is a decent enough and extremely versatile journeyman player (he could probably play any position on any side of the field except GK and striker). He has no standout skills but is decent enough anywhere you slot him, a big asset given limited MLS rosters.

I'd like him back next year, if we have the space.

Besides, "Bring Back Pozniak" would be a great chant.

rocker
05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
i think that he looked OK... but that 2007 team was shitty, so I think we kinda grasped for someone decent. he's not someone I really care so much to have back... he's not the missing link or anything. Ricketts is more skilled.

the fact is 2 other teams in MLS didn't keep him (San Jose and Chivas).

I do remember a penalty call against him.

oxygenatedbrain
05-22-2009, 03:15 PM
More than you want to know about the inner workings of Dundee FC...

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/05/12/sportstory13123648t0.asp

...Scott revealed he’s prepared to let a number of people, still contracted to the club, go as well.
“I’ve told one or two players that they would be available if other clubs were interest,’’ he disclosed.
The manager wouldn’t confirm the identity of those concerned but it’s understood the players in question are Darren Young, Mark Gilhaney, Chris Pozniak and Darren Williams, that’s despite Pozniak and Williams having secured new one year deals under a clause in their existing contracts which granted them extensions if they made a certain number of appearances for the club.

CretanBull
05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Pozniak is being a little over-rated here. He was a hustle player on a terrible team. He'd still be a hustle player, but he'd never get off our bench - we're much better & deeper squad now.

woolly
05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Out of all the guys we've jettisoned since 2007, Poz is the only guy that I'd like to have back.

He wasn't the best, but he worked his ass off and filled in anywhere adeqately when asked.

Like someone here said Poz> Harmse.

Pachuco
05-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I could care less to have Pozniak back. Harmse is better in my opinion. Pozniak was a bench player on a horrible TFC team. Not sure why people think he could make an impact on a much upgraded TFC team.

trane
05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I like Pozniak but only as a utility player. If they bring him back I would not be upset. But I do not thing that he realy addressed any of our chore needs.

Yohan
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I could care less to have Pozniak back. Harmse is better in my opinion. Pozniak was a bench player on a horrible TFC team. Not sure why people think he could make an impact on a much upgraded TFC team.
speaking of utility players, dunivant > poz/harmse

trane
05-22-2009, 03:59 PM
^ I agree that Dunivant would be the most useful player of the bunch. He was competent/solid as a Back and as Midfielder.

Yohan
05-22-2009, 04:01 PM
^ I agree that Dunivant would be the most useful player of the bunch. He was competent/solid as a Back and as Midfielder.
and good part of reason why LA Girls defence is not totally shite this year (well, Donovan Ricketts is playing like a man possessed right now)

CretanBull
05-22-2009, 04:12 PM

Definitely....Dunivant is much, MUCH better than anyone else mentioned. Not only was he versatile, he played well in all of his different roles.

poppamidnight
05-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Definitely....Dunivant is much, MUCH better than anyone else mentioned. Not only was he versatile, he played well in all of his different roles.

Was a bad salary...had to go.

Personally, I'd say we was an 'average' player wherever he played... never a 'good' player in any of those positions.
Not someone you'd want starting, but rather someone off the bench.

I'd take Poz over him at Identical salaries, cuz Poz:
a - showed flashes of being a "good" player going above the 'exclusively average' tag of dunivant
b - Is Canadian - Something ideal for a util
c - had more rounded experience at near identical age (USL, MLS, Swedish Leauge, Norway, SPL)

Further, I don't think his playing time in his stint here was all that telling. Mo had the audacity to put up with Braz and Reda for 9 and 7 starts, regardless of the fact we could pull out a grandma from an old folks home who couldh've outperformed those 2.
...Not to mention making Hemming ride the pine all yr...
..etc
...the 2007 was a writeoff for 'starter-worthy' or as a tool to measure value,
Decisions were made for the longterm.... players to be showcased, etc.

GTA_WOLF
05-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Spoke to Poz at the Brazen Head.....seems quite happy at Dundee.

Stryker
05-22-2009, 05:38 PM

I thought Duni sucked so that doesn't say much about Poz.

Yohan
05-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I thought Duni sucked so that doesn't say much about Poz.
so you rated Goldthwaite above Duni?

Stryker
05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
so you rated Goldthwaite above Duni?
No. But if one pile is bigger than another does it change the fact that they're both shit?
We need to continue what we've done the last 2 years in always improving on the quality of player we bring in.
My Toronto FC is one that dominates MLS in 7-10 years and is always iin the semi's for CONCACAF.

ensco
05-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Spoke to Poz at the Brazen Head.....seems quite happy at Dundee.

I was afraid of that!

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Interesting...the SPL is a poor league yet DFC play in Division 1 and Poz cant hold his place for them but we need him back but could never sign a player from the SPL because its not a step up....very fuckin funny reading this forum can be at times....

Sonny Cheeba
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Interesting...the SPL is a poor league yet DFC play in Division 1 and Poz cant hold his place for them but we need him back but could never sign a player from the SPL because its not a step up....very fuckin funny reading this forum can be at times....

yup. they're not too impressed with him at dickhead-dens park.

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 09:51 PM
yup. they're not too impressed with him at dickhead-dens park.
I like you mate...lol....FUCK THE DEE......seriousley tho...WTF this board amazes me at times......POZNIAK is a decent player but there is NO way TFC need him back, if he cant get a game for DFC then ........then.......Im struggling for words......then I guess that TFC have NO ambition to get better.......Wow thank fuck its Friday and I can assume everyones had too many beers........:scarf:

ensco
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM
A bunch of people on here are being ridiculous.

It's exactly like 80% of the posts when Dichio was signed ("he can't get a game in the championship ffs, my mate says he's slow as a goat, blah blah blah")

Newsflash: Ricketts couldn't even ride the pines for Barnsley, Vitti was riding the pines for a no-name team in Ukraine.

Ontario Arab
05-22-2009, 10:07 PM

It's exactly like 80% of the posts when Dichio was signed ("he can't get a game in the championship ffs, my mate says he's slow as a goat, blah blah blah")

Newsflash: Ricketts couldn't even ride the pines for Barnsley, Vitti was riding the pines for a no-name team in Ukraine.
LOL......DD had pedigree tho.....same thing on my DUFC board at the moment re. Danny Cadamarteri............80% neg, I have a feeling it will turn out like a diamond in the rough.......Poz is not TFC calibre tho its fairly obvious

J .
05-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Harmse is better than Poz.

End of story.

Oldtimer
05-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Harmse is better in midfield than Poz.

End of story.

FYP

Poz is better in other positions than Harmse.

woolly
05-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Harmse is better than Poz.

End of story.

Harmse takes more boneheaded fouls that Poz

Pachuco
05-23-2009, 10:20 AM

amm..there's a big difference between DD and Poz. We've seen Poz play and ride the bench on a terrible TFC team already. Oh and in response to the newsflash, I wouldn't use Ricketts and Vitti as proof of players who can come here from crappy teams and make an impact. Afterall, Ricketts is riding the bench and Vitti could be next soon.

ensco
05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't use Ricketts and Vitti as proof of players who can come here from crappy teams and make an impact. Afterall, Ricketts is riding the bench and Vitti could be next soon.

That's not the point. The point is that EVERYBODY we bring in is from the football nether regions.

I could argue there's been an inverse relationship to pedigree anyway. Robert had by far the best pedigree of any of the international signings. Ricketts and Vitti are up there in terms of noteworthy backgrounds too.

The best signings (Dichio, Brennan, Robinson) have all been journeymen.

Pachuco
05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
That's not the point. The point is that EVERYBODY we bring in is from the football nether regions.

I could argue there's been an inverse relationship to pedigree anyway. Robert had by far the best pedigree of any of the international signings. Ricketts and Vitti are up there in terms of noteworthy backgrounds too.

The best signings (Dichio, Brennan, Robinson) have all been journeymen.

Yes, and I agree with you there. Well, I would replace Brennan with Guevara :). Anyhow, I think with Poz specfically we've all seen him play on this team already. So we should be judging by that and not by where he's playing right now. Unless she's shockingly improved, this guy wouldn't find time on the bench if he came to this team.