PDA

View Full Version : TFC flight plans

cougars732
05-20-2009, 10:56 PM
does TFC fly charter jet or commercial flights?

James Oliphant
05-20-2009, 10:59 PM
As mandated by the league, commercial. American Airlines.

cougars732
05-20-2009, 11:00 PM
what about non-league games...like CONCACAF

Blizzard
05-20-2009, 11:02 PM
As mandated by the league, commercial. American Airlines.

Last year they had a special treat for the Montreal / Saputo match. I believe a Porter Q400 was chartered for the boys.

I wonder if they can use Porter for the New York and Chicago road games?

While the flight is marginally longer, the comfort level is so superior and the whole experience including the Porter terminal on the island is so much more civilized than Pearson.

Obviously they wouldn't charter but would take one of the regularly scheduled commercial flights.

B

Smuttynose
05-20-2009, 11:08 PM
they flew WestJet preseason down to florida...

James Oliphant
05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Last year they had a special treat for the Montreal / Saputo match. I believe a Porter Q400 was chartered for the boys.

I wonder if they can use Porter for the New York and Chicago road games?

Not for a league match. All MLS teams have to fly American Airlines. It's part of their contract with American as a major sponsor of the league, and part of the whole single-entity, "parity" stance the league takes.

Non-league and pre-season, it's up to them.

Carts
05-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Toronto doesn't need a plane, Dichio simply lifts the entire team and brings them to the visiting city... :)

Just being curious, anything behind the question...?

Carts...
Stay Thirsty My Friends...

Blizzard
05-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Not for a league match. All MLS teams have to fly American Airlines. It's part of their contract with American as a major sponsor of the league, and part of the whole single-entity, "parity" stance the league takes.

Well, I do know for a fact that the team flew Air Canada to DC.

cougars732
05-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Toronto doesn't need a plane, Dichio simply lifts the entire team and brings them to the visiting city... :)

Just being curious, anything behind the question...?

Carts...
Stay Thirsty My Friends...

my brother is a flight attendant and he wanted to know if they flew commercial

prizby
05-20-2009, 11:51 PM

So what happens when Vancouver enters the league, an AA flight to Vancouver via Chicago or something?

Blizzard
05-21-2009, 12:31 AM
So what happens when Vancouver enters the league, an AA flight to Vancouver via Chicago or something?

There are obviously exceptions to the rule. I'd mentioned TFC taking AC to DC.

Here's a link to the press release (through a third party website).
http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.php?l=in&cha=5&id=11057

Suds
05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
There are obviously exceptions to the rule. I'd mentioned TFC taking AC to DC.

Here's a link to the press release (through a third party website).
http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.php?l=in&cha=5&id=11057

I think Air Cananda and AA are on the same alliance or some thing like that. When my work books my travel it says Air Canada but I've often ended up on AA planes.

Maybe someone on these boards works in the industry and knows for sure.

shaggingscot
05-21-2009, 07:57 AM
United and US Airways are part of Star Alliance but I don't believe that American is.

pekduck
05-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Team flies Star Alliance flights, AC, US, UA.

I ran into them on all of the above flights in the past.

AA belongs to OneWorld.

Brooker

lol. that seems about right.

Suds
United and US Airways are part of Star Alliance but I don't believe that American is.

ahhh you're right, it's United that I've ended up on, not AA.

GTA_WOLF
05-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Flew back with the team on Air Canada from KC.

Cashcleaner
05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
All MLS clubs have to fly with Star Alliance airlines in non-chartered commercial planes.

Unless you're the LA Galaxy. Then you get to charter private flights. Parity my ass.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-21-2009, 01:49 PM

There is no HARD and FAST rule that they must take American Airlines. It is just mutually agreed upon that when American provides a more direct non stop route of getting to destination, then the "choice" airline will become American Airlines, but in the event that another airline provides a more efficient and time sensitive route of getting there then the team can choose the "other airline" i.e Air Canada.....

yellowfellow
05-21-2009, 01:54 PM
this is a joke...

rocker
05-21-2009, 02:01 PM
so Porter goes into the NJ airport near the new red bull arena, right?
that would be a nice road trip, without the road.

trail
05-21-2009, 02:11 PM
at a game last year air canada was giving out baggage tags with the air canada and TFC logo on them. There just be some connection :rolleyes5:

nfitz
05-21-2009, 03:20 PM
so Porter goes into the NJ airport near the new red bull arena, right?
that would be a nice road trip, without the road.Indeed it does. You can catch a frequent train one-stop from the Airport to Newark, and then go one-stop on the PATH to Harrison right to the stadium.

rocker
05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Indeed it does. You can catch a frequent train one-stop from the Airport to Newark, and then go one-stop on the PATH to Harrison right to the stadium.

sounds good. i may have to head down there next summer, and that would make the trip easy.

hopefully TFC is scheduled for the opening game at RBA so TFC can christen the field with its first goal, as TFC did at Saputo Stadium :)

Broadview
05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Remember Dichio's you tube videos that were taken down? I'm pretty sure that in the last NYRB game last season they flew Porter.

Maybe it wasn't NY, but they left from the island, I remember that much.

Blizzard
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Remember Dichio's you tube videos that were taken down? I'm pretty sure that in the last NYRB game last season they flew Porter.

Maybe it wasn't NY, but they left from the island, I remember that much.

You're right. It was NY.

kitchener-TFC
05-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Star Alliance kicks ass compared to One World & Skyteam