PDA

View Full Version : Holy shit, 8 games in July + All Star Game.

king dave
06-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Don't know if this has been posted, but TFC plays 8 games in 4 weeks and the All Star Game so I hope the trainers/conditioning coaches are prepared for the task.
Keep your fingers crossed is all I can say.
I'm gonna check our opponents schedule for July to see how many times they will be playing.
KD.

Chicago, San Jose and RSL all play 5 games in June and 4 in July. Why is TFC playing so many times in one month? Should have scheduled friendlies or CONCACAF Championship games in Sptember. Ah well I better get the divorce paperwork started soon.
KD

jabbronies
06-01-2008, 11:32 AM
ya, those friendlies are BS. I hate that they are right at the pivitol point of the season!

TorontoFC_Matt
06-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I booked off and asked for morning shifts at work for july, it was crazy all the days I had to write for TFC GAMES haha. I think we'll see a lot of reserves during those friendlies. Lomabardo, Smith, James, Tebily, etc etc starting

ManUtd4ever
06-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Given the timing of the schedule, I couldn't care less if Carver only plays TFC reserves in both friendlies. The league and Canadian Championship matches are going to be difficult enough with all of the expected absences on the roster due to national team duty...

egoodwin
06-01-2008, 11:46 AM
given yesterday's play, I'm comfortable with the reserves running the show during that time

Ron Manager
06-01-2008, 12:16 PM
The friendlies will definitely be the time for reserves....I hope. I would hate to see us lose Guevara/Robert/Brennan/Sutton (oh hell, anyone) due to an injury in a meaningless midseason game. These friendlies should be start/finish of the season or just dropped altogether.

GeorgeB
06-01-2008, 12:30 PM
with the extra concacaf games i dont think we need the friendlies anymore.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 12:34 PM
with the extra concacaf games i dont think we need the friendlies anymore.

yes we do...i would still love to see TFC play Celtic, Liverpool,Watford, teams close to my heart or team like real madrid, ajax ,bayern munich,etc.
these game would give the club credibiliy on the world stage. Concacaf
games won't do that.

GeorgeB
06-01-2008, 01:02 PM
yes we do...i would still love to see TFC play Celtic, Liverpool,Watford, teams close to my heart or team like real madrid, ajax ,bayern munich,etc.
games won't do that.if we make it to the world club championship through the concacaf champions league it will give us way more credibility than any useless friendly would ,especially when we have a month full of important games.

rocker
06-01-2008, 01:07 PM
i agree -- if the management wants to play all subs in these games, I'm fine with that. rest the big boys. play guys like Melo and Gala and all that.

Red CB Toronto
06-01-2008, 01:16 PM
The Reds for sure have a very busy month of July and the friendlies should be just that, a chance to be friendly and play some of our players who otherwise would not get the opportunity to see the pitch. The Canadian games and the MLS sked need their focus.

jabbronies
06-01-2008, 01:19 PM
games won't do that.

Sorry dude I have to disagree...These teams (and fans) could care less about friendlies. For these teams, these games are a cash grab for them and a way to show off their product to another market.

Honestly, when TFC lost the friendly to (i can't even remember that USL teams name) at the end of last season, did anyone really care???

GeorgeB
06-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry dude I have to disagree...These teams (and fans) could care less about friendlies. For these teams, these games are a cash grab for them and a way to show off their product to another market.

Honestly, when TFC lost the friendly to (i can't even remember that USL teams name) at the end of last season, did anyone really care???wasnt it Portland ?

jabbronies
06-01-2008, 01:25 PM
just googled it, ya it was the Portland Timbers.

And now that i know, I still don't care hehehehe

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 01:32 PM
just googled it, ya it was the Portland Timbers.

And now that i know, I still don't care hehehehe

try to remember they will be in MLS before too long!! MLS should have had another tfc game in May during that two week break so july
would nor have been clogged up.....but please give us good HOT dry July weather...enough of this rain shite!!:taz:

Heathen
06-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but TFC plays 8 games in 4 weeks and the All Star Game so I hope the trainers/conditioning coaches are prepared for the task.
Keep your fingers crossed is all I can say.
I'm gonna check our opponents schedule for July to see how many times they will be playing.
KD.

Chicago, San Jose and RSL all play 5 games in June and 4 in July. Why is TFC playing so many times in one month? Should have scheduled friendlies or CONCACAF Championship games in Sptember. Ah well I better get the divorce paperwork started soon.
KD

8 games in 4 weeks, forget the conditioning coach I'll need a marriage counsellor

RealG-TFC
06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Friendlies are great. The reserves get some time.

Jay P
06-01-2008, 05:23 PM
the superliga and the US open cup are both in july... so i think there will be a few teams with pretty busy scheds

Torcida
06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
I kind of took my vacation at a bad time (I didn't really have a choice, though). I'm gone for 2 weeks and I'll miss the Chicago away trip, Independiente, San Jose, Impact, and all-star game. On the bright side I'm only missing one MLS home game but shit...

Azerban
06-01-2008, 07:13 PM
yes we do...i would still love to see TFC play Celtic, Liverpool,Watford, teams close to my heart

ah yes mighty watford

that will get us the international recognition we crave