PDA

View Full Version : 1/3rd of the schedule gone...the positives/negatives

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 11:09 AM
first the negative: the season is flying in, it just seemed like we were wating for the season to begin a month ago.

positives..

this years squad is very entertaining and much of the team play as been
has been terrific. New players such as Rickets,Guevera,James,Robert
have been teriffic add ons by Mo Johnson. Teams are fearing coming to BMO which is the way is should be. Possible new players coming in will only strenghten the squad....this could be a magic season.

13CP
06-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Surprised at how well we have been playing, really impressed. Negative has to be that the season is flying by.

jabbronies
06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Positives:
- Ball Possesion is actually there!
- We have depth on our Bench
- Our Defence is pretty solid 80% of the time

Negatives:
- Not scoring enough on the run of play, although that may be changing soon.
- Injuries - Dichio, Tebily, Robert...Lets hope it ends there.
- Ball hogs - we have who have skill, lets hope they use it properly!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
should have add finishing at times,but what club finishes all their good attempts?

MrHawk
06-01-2008, 12:32 PM
The only major negative I've seen is the lack of finishing. If our forwards could finish, there's no reason why we wouldn't have won our games by 3-4 goal margins.

ensco
06-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Think the major unknown is how we'll do on the road. Since we brought in all our new guys we're 1-1 (not bad) but that collapse against DC, and our overall performance there and in Montreal, is the biggest pothole in the road.

Our next 3 road games will probably tell us whether TFC are serious contenders this year:

Sunday, Jun 08 (MLS) Houston Dynamo Away 8:30
Saturday, Jun 28 (MLS) New England Revolution Away 7:30
Saturday, Jul 12 (FSC) Chicago Fire Away 8:30

flatpicker
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
One positive I would like to mention is that currently... we have scored more goals than we have allowed!
Albeit... only 1 more... but it's still nice to see.
Come on DP striker!!! Let's boost that stat!

ManUtd4ever
06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Huge positive - TFC has conceded the fewest goals against in the league since the 4-1 loss @ DCU in week 2 of the season. The stellar defensive play of the Reds this season (especially @ BMO Field) is reminiscent of God's other favorite team that allowed the fewest goals in the Premiership...

:D

Marc"2L"
06-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Positives.....

We're fourth in the league folks.

and we haven't lost at home (only houston and RSL to match)

T_Mizz
06-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey for me the injury situation has been fantastic and a huge positive. If you look at the injury reports each game you see like 3-4 players from the opposition listed as out or doubtful or questionable, for TFC you always see the best possible word in this situation: none

rocker
06-01-2008, 01:04 PM
i still can't believe that record of only 1 goal against in 6 games at home....

I was looking back at goals against records at home and TFC is on pace to smash the record set by Chivas last year and Colorado a few years ago.. both teams gave up 8 goals in 15 home games. TFC is pace for about 3 goals against in 15 games.

SLBuu
06-01-2008, 01:10 PM
with one more win we will match last years win total with 6............ AND we have 2/3rds of the seaspon to go

Red CB Toronto
06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I am really impressed by how the team has been playing, the additions of Guevara, Robert and Ricketts have been key, At least at home the Reds have been protecting the ball and pushing it up to make plays, now they just have to do it on the road also. If they can get through this stretch over the next little while with players in and out of the lineup I see a pretty good conclusion to the season for them.

CoachGT
06-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Positives.....
We're fourth in the league folks.
and we haven't lost at home (only houston and RSL to match)

Conceded only one goal in six games at home, and that during a wet and rainy night.

Other teams are coming here playing for the draw (NYRB, Columbus and yesterday LAG).

Our players expect to win now, and are disappointed when we don't.

RealG-TFC
06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
The three teams we still must face that are important are Chicago, New england and Chivas.

Chicago: One of the best team imo, Blanco is dangerous.

New England: They always beat us (except for that beautiful mid October day), and they are always a threat.

Chivas: Shitty season so far, but they are quite dangerous, just ask the Crew.

If we can beat these three teams, I seriously think we can win the league.

:)

Roogsy
06-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Do you think we can go the entire year without losing a game at home?

That would be such a massive psychological advantage in the playoffs.

Stamford Bridge part deux, Canadian edition.

tfc_4_ever
06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Chicago is very dangerous team and if we can beat them that will really solidify our position in the league as a good team.

jimiv
06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
:eek:

Let's all knock wood after reading these positives!!!! Just listing them may tempt fate.

koryo
06-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Five wins, 17 points and it's June 1. Not bad if you ask me.

The open secret, and one that will be addressed sooner rather than later, is that we're a quality finisher away from being a serious contender in this league.

RealG-TFC
06-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Do you think we can go the entire year without losing a game at home?

That would be such a massive psychological advantage in the playoffs.

Stamford Bridge part deux, Canadian edition.

:taz::canada::taz:

RealG-TFC
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I hope we beat NE, and Chicago...without a DP! Then we have the luxury of either keeping it the way it is or bringing in a DP which will make us a crazy monster!

Toronto_Bhoy
06-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Positives:

John Carver!

Our defensive record…stability in goal and the back line.

Forward minded midfielders…people who can move the ball

Depth…competition for jobs…yesterday was an excellent example

New board…Excellent job men!!!

Negatives:

Lack of goals…need more from open play

Need better road performances

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 08:52 PM
forgot to mention in the positive catagory, the supporters have styed with the team, a lot of doomers sayers were predicting a drop off in year two but they were wrong again. well done supporters!!

Mrs. Workie
06-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Positives:

After yesterdays game:

DEPTH!

And Someone mentioned it above- John Carver- I love this guy.

Negatives:

We need someone up front. Like Koryo said, we're a quality striker away from being a serious contender.

GuelphStorm2007
06-01-2008, 09:03 PM
The positives are of course the improved play of our Midfield, and Backline, The negatives is we need to finish a lot better and our away from home form. But other than that I am very pleased how they are doing. in year 2.

adammac
06-01-2008, 09:09 PM
The Good

- Solid defending and formation

- Great set pieces

- Making BMO into a fortress

- few injuries (when you look at other clubs and us last season we done well)

The Bad

- Don't play with possession enough in a lot of games

- Away form needs to be better

- Still worried about the lack of depth scoring wise though we did win yesterday (LAG are crap)

Cashcleaner
06-02-2008, 04:02 AM
Biggest Postive: John Carver

Biggest Negative: We didn't have him around last season

I don't want to place all the credit at the feet of the Head Coach, but nobody can seriously deny what an impact we all noticed almost immediately after his introduction to the team. A lot of praise has to go to the players, both to our second-year players and rookies, but I have my doubts we'd be sitting where we are in the league if it wasn't for the big man himself.

Defence is settling in very nice and our keeper is in top form. Edwards is also shaping up to be a competent number 2 in net. The midfield is still looking monstrous and will only get better as players continue to train together. The only issue I have at the moment is scoring, especially during the run of play. If we can bring in someone to dedicate themselves to getting the ball in the net and hve proper support from the mids, we will destroy this league.

Honourable mention also goes to fitness. Winsper has done an excellent job thus far.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
just the feel around the team is a positive, rare for a Toronto sports team nowadays.

Winsper dosn't get enough credit for the fitness of the team, out side of a couple of

minor injuries, the team looks to be in great shape.