PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game: NE Revolution vs. Toronto FC

Nuvinho
05-20-2009, 07:50 AM
The Revs have a lot of injuries, and have been struggling lately. I counted 5 or 6 starters out of their lineup. Hopefully we can capitalize on this opportunity. I am unsure if they still play 3 at the back?

NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
OUT: DF Chris Albright (L lateral meniscus tear); DF Gabriel Badilla (bulging disk); MF Mauricio Castro (L hamstring strain); FW Taylor Twellman (neck pain); PROBABLE: GK Matt Reis (concussion); GK Zack Simmons (R hamstring strain)

Toronto Starting XI: (Probable)

=======================Frei======================= ======

Wynne=========Serioux============Velez============ =Brennan

================Robbo========Cronin=============== ======

======================Guevara===================== =====

========DeRo=========================Vitti======== ======

======================Barrett===================== ======

Don't know how long Dichio played yesterday in a friendly against Uof T, so he could start in the middle, and then Barrett or Vitti moving to the bench, but I doubt that.

TV/Video

This game will be shown live on CBC (http://www.cbcsports.ca/ (http://www.cbcsports.ca/)) in Canada, WSBK Channel 38 in Boston, MLS Direct Kick and MLS Match
Center.
Radio/Audio

FAN 590 (http://www.fan590.com/ (http://www.fan590.com/)) in Toronto and WEEI AM 850 (English) in Boston.

Pachuco
05-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Wynne and Attakora haven't trained with the team this week yet. They are targeting tommorrow. This could potentially change the starting lineup for us. Hopefully atleast one of the two is fit for saturday.
Wynne, Attakora target Thursday

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090519&content_id=4813398&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Nuvinho
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Wynne and Attakora haven't trained with the team this week yet. They are targeting tommorrow. This could potentially change the starting lineup for us. Hopefully atleast one of the two is fit for saturday.
Wynne, Attakora target Thursday

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090519&content_id=4813398&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

If not, then Cronin moves to RB........who comes in at midfield? Harmse?

Pachuco
05-20-2009, 08:40 AM
If not, then Cronin moves to RB........who comes in at midfield? Harmse?

Yeap, I would think it's probably Harmse.

One more thing to add, looks like Fuad won't be available this saturday? He's trying to get into the U20 world cup Squad and they play Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's what this article is suggesting. It's important because he seems to be Cummin's first choice midfielder off the bench.

Ibrahim excited by U.S. selection

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090519&content_id=4814936&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

During the training camp, the team will participate in an intra-squad scrimmage on May 24th, and play Costa Rica twice, on May 25th and 27th. Ibrahim will be back with the Toronto squad in time for the match at Houston Dynamo on May 30th.

rocker
05-20-2009, 08:41 AM
NE fan calling for end of Nicol as coach

http://revsnet1.wordpress.com/2009/05/18/time-for-revs-to-end-the-nicol-era/

TFC USA
05-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Team in turmoil. New England sucks. We've never beaten them. Let's make this happen.

TFC 1 (Guevara 49) New England 0

FluSH
05-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm I reading this right... is Twellman out for the game? for a neck pain?!?!?!

Blazer
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Of all the games so far, this one might be the ugliest to lose. A team that isn’t scoring or preventing goals (NER) should be an easy 3 points.

TFC 2 (Barrett '44 and Robinson '68)
NER 0

Brooker
05-20-2009, 11:28 AM
is this the game where we score more than 1 goal at BMO Field?

i'm still waiting to see that Toronto team that will have no trouble scoring in 2009.

Nuvinho
05-20-2009, 11:31 AM
3-1 Toronto.

We get up 2-0 in the 1st half, Revs get an early goal in the 2nd half, but 2nd half sub DD puts it away.

Toronto Goal: DeRo 24'
Toronto Goal: Cronin 37' (Corner kick, ball bounces to Sammy to kicks it in)
Revolution Goal: Ralston 51'
Toronto Goal: Dichio 77'

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Toronto 2 New England 1.

Ricketts Ralston
Guevara

Carter
05-21-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm getting excited, its Thursday.... So boys, get amped up at the tailgate before the game. :D

TFC Cityboy
05-21-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm I reading this right... is Twellman out for the game? for a neck pain?!?!?!

ironic as he has been a pain in our ass for the past 2 seaons. Time is right to turn them over and start to convert all those chance we are spurning. Yes, Chad and Unibrow, I'm talking to you.

Yohan
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
This should be easy 3 pts for TFC, but considering how much our offence sucks at home, and Nicol manages his team well, I think a draw is more likely

anto7
05-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Did we all forget about this thread ?!!
I am hoping to see Vitti's first goal today and I have a feeling we may see a breakout and score a bunch of goals.
Come on you reds !!

Brooker
05-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Barrett gonna bag one :D

Super
05-23-2009, 07:41 AM
The lads will want to prove themselves today after last games disappointing result. I think we're in for a good match.

anto7
05-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Anyone heard if Wynne and Attakora are officially good to play ?

ecospice
05-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Anyone heard if Wynne and Attakora are officially good to play ?

The Star's sports section lists Wynne and Attakora as OUT and has Cronin playing at Back, with Harmse in at midfield.

With all the Rev's injuries, and their rough luck of late, we should be able to pull out a first time victory.

:scarf: :flare:

ecospice
05-23-2009, 09:00 AM
The Star's sports section lists Wynne and Attakora as OUT and has Cronin playing at Back, with Harmse in at midfield.

With all the Rev's injuries, and their rough luck of late, we should be able to pull out a first time victory.

First time victory over the rev that is.

:drinking:

Daveisonfire
05-23-2009, 09:03 AM

:scarf: :flare:

According to Cummins on TFCtv, they are available for selection.

apetimberlake
05-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Of all the games so far, this one might be the ugliest to lose. A team that isn’t scoring or preventing goals (NER) should be an easy 3 points.

TFC 2 (Barrett '44 and Robinson '68)
NER 0

I have a feeling that one of the least productive strikers on the planet and the aging captain will not be the goal scorers today.

loconet
05-23-2009, 10:09 AM
This should be easy 3 pts for TFC, but considering how much our offence sucks at home, and Nicol manages his team well, I think a draw is more likely

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with you here Yohan. I hope we're wrong and take the 3 pts.

Highlights from last year's game:
/v/nNrSrSTlaJ0

ensco
05-23-2009, 10:32 AM
My prediction:

Pepe Harmse sees that Reis has a concussion and will kick the ball at his head, hard, from a bad angle, in the first five minutes. Then he walks over to Twellman, who is in street clothes, and sucker punches him. After he collects his triple red card, he climbs into the stands looking for Anselmi, before slugging a security guy and disappearing into Sec 112. He will never be seen again.

Just my two cents worth.

TFCWEST
05-23-2009, 10:54 AM
i really hope that there'll be a good turnout for todays game. 2 - 1 toronto.
Do you think I'll be able to pick up tickets at the ticket booth before hand? I'm told that the team usually has some available right before the game.

Inklink
05-23-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm hearing that they're postponing this afternoon's game because it's not raining :p:scarf:

dantdot
05-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Looks like no rain and very little wind. All conditions are right for a blowout. Today, we tie our largest win ever, 4-0.

nfitz
05-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Though Environment Canada is now forecasting "30 percent chance of showers late this afternoon", so I guess the game is on.

There isn't a single supporters or light-grey ticket available in Ticket Exchange, and only 4 tickets available in medium gray. So all signs are that it will be quite full!

Beach_Red
05-23-2009, 11:20 AM
My prediction:

Pepe Harmse sees that Reis has a concussion and will kick the ball at his head, hard, from a bad angle,

it bounces into the net....

WHITEY
05-23-2009, 11:31 AM
My prediction:

Pepe Harmse sees that Reis has a concussion and will kick the ball at his head, hard, from a bad angle, in the first five minutes. Then he walks over to Twellman, who is in street clothes, and sucker punches him. After he collects his triple red card, he climbs into the stands looking for Anselmi, before slugging a security guy and disappearing into Sec 112. He will never be seen again.

Just my two cents worth.

LOL, sounds like an episode from Monday Night Raw...LOL

Bloor West FC
05-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Finally a game that TFC will strike the ball hard and on target. Getting at least 3 in the net!! And 3 more points for the home team :)

Darlofletch
05-23-2009, 12:23 PM
is this the game where we score more than 1 goal at BMO Field?

i'm still waiting to see that Toronto team that will have no trouble scoring in 2009.

If/when we score one, would it be offside to start a "we want two" chant?

Stryker
05-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm thinking Vitti might not start and it'll be DeRo - Dichio - Barrett across the top.

Pachuco
05-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Sick as a dog today, but nothing outside of my death bed will keep me away from this game. Let's hope it's all worth it.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-23-2009, 12:50 PM
for me this is a MUST WIN, they have a game or two in hand on us and we need all three points if we want to make the playoff's

Inklink
05-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Sick as a dog today, but nothing outside of my death bed will keep me away from this game. Let's hope it's all worth it.

Feel better man. I had an awful stomach flu at the end of the long weekend and into Wednesday. Screwed up my entire week.

As for the weather, I see dark clouds outside here in 'Sauga. Hope it's sunny over BMO :) .

kitchener-TFC
05-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Is it really game day? The weather's perfect!

Stryker
05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking Vitti might not start and it'll be DeRo - Dichio - Barrett across the top.

Called it. :cool: