PDA

View Full Version : New to TFC

PRB
05-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi. I'm new to the boards and relatively new to TFC... I immigrated to Canada from Northern Ireland last summer, had already got a TFC shirt from a previous visit and managed to catch one game last season but haven't really gone out of my way to get into the team until this season now that I am more settled.

I always knew that tickets were hard to come by but generally I am just looking for a single ticket so I can take in some footie . . . Is it likely that I'll struggled to even achieve this through the season?

If so how much can I expect to pay extra from a scalper?

Cheers

Carter
05-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey Mate,
Welcome to our board. Regarding tickets, i know someone who has an extra ticket for the game this weekend, but you can always check in our ticket trader forum where you will only pay face value for the ticket.
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Also, if you would like to come out this weekend, we will be having a tailgate in the parking lot at BMO setup at 1230. There is no drinking of alcoholic beverages in public at tailgates.

If you want me to introduce you around, just let me know. Don't be shy we don't bite, just walk up and ask anyone for Carter and they will point you in the right direction.

If you can figure out how to PM we can continue the conversation about ticket and what not in Private messages.

Cheers mate

Nice to meet you and welcome to the boards.

Carter

Shep
05-19-2009, 07:44 PM
The ticketmaster link through the Toronto FC site usually has single tickets available as well. Just 2+ is hard to come by.

And I've met some season holders that sell the odd ticket through Kijiji.

Angelo1405
05-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3G2pbgk9m4

:scarf:

PRB
05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. . . Carter I'll send you a PM shortly now that I have amassed the 3 posts.

Manutd27
05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey mate,
Welcome to the board and welcome to Canada! I have a few lads who can't always make games and always ask me if I know anyone who wants them, I would be more than happy to send them your way, PM me when you can and I will let you know any time I have extra tickets, all my mates sell them at face value.
Cheers!

Cuchulain
05-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Welcome! What team did you follow back home PRB? My cousin used to play for Distillery. I fancy Linfield myself; they were my favourite team. I sometimes have a ticket in the bunker available. Don't miss the tailgate and say hi, just about anyone can point me out.

PRB
05-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Well back home my first love is Liverpool but of course growing up in Northern Ireland I followed the Irish league as well. Of course I supported my home town team Bangor as a kid in the days when my dad would lift me over the old school turn styles into the ground for free, all the way through my youth and younger teenage years. We used to kick a ball around outside the stadium until they would open the gate at half-time and we could sneak in for free . . . At the age of 12 paying the $2 at the gate before the game was too much!!! Good times.

Bangor's ground only held 4,000 or so and the Clandeboye Road 'Kop' behind the goal was nothing more than a tin shed and in the very early days of my youth the wash-rooms consisted of an out house behind the stand. They gradually improved the 'stadium' over the years.

After about 17 or so I stopped going to Bangor, they got relegated out of the Irish League and I stuck to what Sky could give me from the Premier League with the odd jaunt across the water to see Rangers play with my uncle. Last year the Irish League rebranded itself and Bangor was able to apply to join. They did and they got in but financial problems forced them to withdraw at the end of this season.

My dad went along to their final home game in the 'big time' a few weeks ago and sadly informed me it was obvious why they were pulling out when the home support consisted of a few hundred punters and the away support one man and his dog.

Still, my real Bangor memories consist of the 1993 Irish Cup Final when they beat local rivals and hated rivals Ards in the 2nd replay!! Yep, faces paint, flags, pennants, scarves and hats one Saturday for a 1-1 draw, the same again the next Saturday for another 1-1 tie and back again the following Tuesday night for the eventual 1-0 victory. It put the club into Europe though they were swiftly ejected by a team from Cyprus and the good times never really returned.

Now in Toronto I'm hoping to re-awake the joys of following a home-town team again, though thankfully, or maybe in someways sadly, the days of hopping the turn-styles and visiting an out-house behind the main stand are over for football fans the world over.

(Apologies for going on a bit).

AdamZ
05-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3G2pbgk9m4

:scarf:

this is pretty beautiful.

Pachuco
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome. You can always walk up to the ticket box on game day (Gate 1) and buy singles. They have them available for most games.

Bars92
05-20-2009, 08:48 AM
'bout ye?

PRB
05-20-2009, 09:07 PM
What a bout ye Bars!! Now that's a welcome I haven't heard in a while!! Love the photo also . . . "We're not Brazil..."

Anyway for the question further up, I am from Bangor so when it came to the Irish league growing up Bangor was the team I followed. The only glory worth talking about was the '93 Irish Cup victory that took 3 games to complete and the subsequent European adventure that lasted 1 round.

RedWookie
05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
ye bar?

It be a slight jaunt from the field on King Street. its called Shoeless Joes. Im sure there are a few people on here who can give you directions

PRB
05-20-2009, 09:57 PM
RedWookie.. The What a boy ye Bars was me responding to Bars92's greeting not looking for bars :D

prizby
05-20-2009, 10:23 PM
great post, im new too :), only cuz i didn't know there were such things as forums before, nor really didn't know anything other than my love for TFC

use the ticket trader thing, its great

oh and welcome to Canada, hope your here to stay for the long

Bars92
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM
What a bout ye Bars!! Now that's a welcome I haven't heard in a while!! Love the photo also . . . "We're not Brazil..."

Anyway for the question further up, I am from Bangor so when it came to the Irish league growing up Bangor was the team I followed. The only glory worth talking about was the '93 Irish Cup victory that took 3 games to complete and the subsequent European adventure that lasted 1 round.

did you ever go on the ourweecountry website? :D

Tickets are easier to get this year than last year, but you have get into the supporters end.:drum:

Mark in Ottawa
05-21-2009, 09:26 AM
If so how much can I expect to pay extra from a scalper?

We try not to deal with the "dark side" if we can help it ;).

If you can't get a ticket for the match many of the fans meet up at some of the locals to take in the games. Shoeless Joes is the one closest to BMO field and so you can take in the game day atmosphere at the tailgate and if no ticket is to be found then retire to the bar with other fans.

Contrary to what has been often written reasonably priced tickets are available if you watch the ticket trader here on the forum or check the box office for last minute returns.

Welcome! Hope to see you during one of my monthly visits to BMO.

Carter
05-21-2009, 09:28 AM
We try not to deal with the "dark side" if we can help it ;).

If you can't get a ticket for the match many of the fans meet up at some of the locals to take in the games. Shoeless Joes is the one closest to BMO field and so you can take in the game day atmosphere at the tailgate and if no ticket is to be found then retire to the bar with other fans.

Contrary to what has been often written reasonably priced tickets are available if you watch the ticket trader here on the forum or check the box office for last minute returns.

Welcome! Hope to see you during one of my monthly visits to BMO.

I got him a ticket for Saturdays game. :D

PRB
05-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Yep looking forward to it.

Bars92, I go on the ourweecountry website from time to time for a read. Used to have a season ticket for Norn Iron's WC and Euro qualifiers through the 90s and early part of this decade but was priced/pushed out once they got into the same group as England that great year.

GhostPK
05-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Welcome to Canada eh?

- From the West Coast.

eustacchio
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I got him a ticket for Saturdays game. :D

Good on ya. (now how 'bout you find one for me :rolleyes:)

Enjoy the game PRB.

Carter
05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Good on ya. (now how 'bout you find one for me :rolleyes:)

Enjoy the game PRB.

Ticket trader, but i didnt realize you didnt have one.. :(

I might have one for you pm me later.

eustacchio
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Ticket trader, but i didnt realize you didnt have one.. :(

I might have one for you pm me later.

I usually grab them from the Ticket Trader, God I love that forum.

Carter
05-21-2009, 08:04 PM

I usually grab them from the Ticket Trader, God I love that forum.

no worries i just gotta figure a couple things out. ill let you know. just remember to pm me and remind me. :D