PDA

View Full Version : That was one of the best days in franchise history

ensco
06-01-2008, 10:44 AM
We dominated a team I dislike.

Red Bulls lost.

Crew lost.

SJ lost (that top pick in the draft next year is looking pretty juicy).

Cunningham was better (he'll either be a useful player, or have some trade value).

Ricketts, Smith, Velez, Edu, James, all took really positive confidence-building steps forward.

Edwards got a clean sheet (he wasn't really tested, but he looked strong in the air, and never made any mistakes - with that rain that's actually something for a rookie)

The weather was surprisingly fun. Really gave it that "BMO Fortress" feel.

That was one of the best days in franchise history.

We are one-third of the way home, and are in a Superliga qualification spot.
(OK we've played more home games than other teams have, that's a small detail).

LucaGol
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
And we've only conceded one goal at home in 6 games...and that was off of a set-piece from a free kick that should have never been given.

That is an unbelievable record.

jloome
06-01-2008, 10:59 AM
...it's now down to coaching, heart and injury luck.

Yesterday was a significant indicator; that performance -- largely due to Smith and Ricketts running through the Galaxy like a razer through shaving cream -- could have controlled most of the teams in this league.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 11:01 AM
We dominated a team I dislike.

Red Bulls lost.

Crew lost.

SJ lost (that top pick in the draft next year is looking pretty juicy).

Cunningham was better (he'll either be a useful player, or have some trade value).

Ricketts, Smith, Velez, Edu, James, all took really positive confidence-building steps forward.

Edwards got a clean sheet (he wasn't really tested, but he looked strong in the air, and never made any mistakes - with that rain that's actually something for a rookie)

The weather was surprisingly fun. Really gave it that "BMO Fortress" feel.

That was one of the best days in franchise history.

We are one-third of the way home, and are in a Superliga qualification spot.
(OK we've played more home games than other teams have, that's a small detail).

lost of positives there....but and there is always a but!!
we have not played New England, Dallas,Chicago...good quality teams,
and Houston...

Ron Manager
06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
lost of positives there....but and there is always a but!!
we have not played New England, Dallas,Chicago...good quality teams,
and Houston...

Those will be testing games for sure....but...we will be going into them with alot of positives and confidence behind us and evidence that we have the bench strength to cope with absences.
Bring 'em on.

Razcle
06-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Dallas and Houston are shit.......We will destroy those Texans when we get around to playing them. Razcle says Bring It ON!!!

dantdot
06-01-2008, 02:23 PM
If we beat Houston we'll have matched our win total from last season :eek:

RealG-TFC
06-01-2008, 02:55 PM
The three teams we still must face that are important are Chicago, New england and Chivas.

Chicago: One of the best team imo, Blanco is dangerous.

New England: They always beat us (except for that beautiful mid October day), and they are always a threat.

Chivas: Shitty season so far, but they are quite dangerous, just ask the Crew.

If we can beat these three teams, I seriously think we can win the league.

:)

MisterMacphisto
06-01-2008, 07:36 PM
====================

rocker
06-01-2008, 08:35 PM
i wonder how Chicago would do if Blanco got hurt tho.
i mean they are a good team overall but Blanco is in the engine.

AL-MO
06-01-2008, 09:38 PM
This was one of the best days I can remember....

But was I the only one that was concerned with the first half? The second half they looked great, but they had their issues in the first 45...

Kevvv
06-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Considering every other team in the east lost, and the match between eastern teams ended tied (DC/NE), we gained ground on everyone this week.

Houston and Real Salty Lake are the only other teams undefeated at home (this week anyway).

Oh, and our goal differential is positive for the first time ever...

Yes, it's been a good week.

Roogsy
06-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh, and our goal differential is positive for the first time ever...

Yes, it's been a good week.

This is a big deal for me. Last year we were what...-24? We have a long hill to climb to eventually be in positive territory on a historical basis but to end the year in positive territory would be fantastic for a 2nd year team.

jloome
06-02-2008, 02:10 AM
There's been a constant build so far this year towards being defensively impenetrable, and I think the over-confident lull in the DC game was the exception, not the rule. I think we're going to challenge for the division title, maybe for the whole thing. Shep Messing, who usually has nothing nice to say about TFC (and admittedly a guy whose opinion is worth taking with a bucket of salt) made the point last week that we probably have the best midfield in the league.

I'll go a step further and say we now can be confident we have the most defensive depth and overall quality as well.

So we need a DP STRIKER DAMMIT!

Cashcleaner
06-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Ensco mentions that we dominated a team that he disliked. I don't know about you guys, but if we keep pulling off wins like the two this year against the Gals, I'm gonna really start to like seeing them on the pitch against Toronto. :D

Nothing makes me feel better than laying a beating down on the league's "flagship" franchise.

Inswingingwingman
06-02-2008, 06:42 AM
So if we get to the playoffs (I'm know typing under the kitchen table in fear), wouldn't it be awesome to PACK the skydome and kick ass?? Imagine the shirt sales, the beer sales, the roof would have to be open cause it might cave in?

O

ensco
06-02-2008, 07:03 AM
So if we get to the playoffs (I'm know typing under the kitchen table in fear), wouldn't it be awesome to PACK the skydome and kick ass?? Imagine the shirt sales, the beer sales, the roof would have to be open cause it might cave in?

O

Are you kidding?

Give up BMO the Fortress? In November?

ensco
06-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Ensco mentions that we dominated a team that he disliked. I don't know about you guys, but if we keep pulling off wins like the two this year against the Gals, I'm gonna really start to like seeing them on the pitch against Toronto. :D

Nothing makes me feel better than laying a beating down on the league's "flagship" franchise.

Galaxy fans are committing ritual seppuku over this one over on bigsoccer.

Oldtimer
06-02-2008, 07:52 AM
There is not a chance we would play anywhere other than BMO Field.

1) BMO is our FORTRESS!!
2) Why would MLSE want to share ticket revenues with "Uncle Ted" Rogers?

nimamalek
06-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Dallas and Houston are shit.......We will destroy those Texans when we get around to playing them. Razcle says Bring It ON!!!

exactly! but i'd have to agree, this was one of the best games, the weather was great (loved it whent he sun came out right after we scored) we were going into the game not expecting much since our team was missing a lot of starters but our subs pulled through, and most of the teams around us lost. great time, i hope it rains every week!

Cashcleaner
06-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Galaxy fans are committing ritual seppuku over this one over on bigsoccer.

Yeah, but not before proclaiming our win was all because they were missing two key players. I love to hear their cries of disappointment, though. Just makes me sleep better at night.

James Oliphant
06-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Don't forget the turf, Cash.

By the way...nice to see you on Saturday. It's been a while. Forgot to ask you how the baby was doing, but you know I get all gooey around celebrities. ;)

Cashcleaner
06-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Baby is doing great. Funny story, we're actually considering taking her to a talent agency to maybe do some modeling work. Of course, everyone says that they've got a cute baby, but Mikaela has gotta be the most adorable I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLPLwFs3F2U