PDA

View Full Version : SVP hosting 4 TFC players!!!

tfc007
05-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I dont know if this is been posted but here it is.SI VOU PLAY SPORTS is hosting 4 TFC players for an autograph session at their scarborough location(McCowan/Finch)on May 26 between 7:30pm to 9:00pm.The players attending are Dero,Barrett,Robinson.Velez.Check SI VOU PLAY WEBSITE.CHEERS :flare::scarf::flare:

InTheCrowd
05-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Link please. :)

Keegan
05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I wonder if TFC was like "so you can get 4 average players or 2 really good players and 2 really shit players?"

Carter
05-19-2009, 06:49 PM
http://www.svpsports.ca/images/2009_04_17/PumaProPlayers.jpg

mlsintoronto
05-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I wonder if TFC was like "so you can get 4 average players or 2 really good players and 2 really shit players?"

Puma. Those are all Puma guys.

Carter
05-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Spelling not included with the autographs.

InTheCrowd
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Marco Valez!

nummer20
05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Just came back from his not long ago. It was pretty cool, DeRo and Robbo were by far the most fan friendly. Barrett was quiet but I had a laugh with him about Tim Horton's vs. Starbucks. Guevara was kind of rude on a couple occasions - talking on his cell while signing things for little kids.

Bobo
05-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Arghh forgot about this one.

Roogsy
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
DeRo and Robbo are incredibly friendly. By far the most outgoing.

Velez is a little shy, but very willing to please. So is Chad.

Guevara is very standoffish.

McGill
05-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Just came back from his not long ago. It was pretty cool, DeRo and Robbo were by far the most fan friendly. Barrett was quiet but I had a laugh with him about Tim Horton's vs. Starbucks. Guevara was kind of rude on a couple occasions - talking on his cell while signing things for little kids.
Does he (Guevara) actually speak English or is his on field Spanish-ness just an act?

Roogsy
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Does he (Guevara) actually speak English or is his on field Spanish-ness just an act?

He speaks very little english. Understands more than he speaks. And has no interest in learning! LOL!

nummer20
05-26-2009, 11:04 PM
He speaks very little english. Understands more than he speaks. And has no interest in learning! LOL!

Yes it appears so. I bought a TFC ball for the players to sign and when it came to Guevara, he looked at the price sticker and held onto it while going on a random rant with Velez about it in Spanish. I was thoroughly confused :noidea:

boomcha
05-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Came back from this around 9:45 or so. Got there at 8:30 and the lineup was about 50 people long. Got my season ticket poster thing signed and also a TFC ball, it was very relaxed. All the guys were very accommodating and courteous, told Guevara (in spanish) that his two goals were awesome on Saturday and he thanked me, and Robbo started telling me that Guevara was bugging him all week so far about Guevara getting Player of the Week and they both started joking around with each other.
Velez was indeed shy and Barrett was asked by someone when do they play LA and he told them when, and that Beckham won't be back before that to play against us. To which I replied "We don't need him, let him stay in Italy!" jokingly, he started saying "True, we have our own champion here!" and pointed to DeRo.
I wanted to tell him that he will break his drought soon and that we believe in him but decided against it. No one wants a stranger pointing out your shortcomings.
DeRo was really nice, had a chance to ask him what high school he attended in Scarborough (Winston Churchill C.I.) since he is roughly the same age as me and I played high school soccer too, we figured out that we must've played soccer against each other since our teams often met. He reminesced that it was fun times playing during high school and wished me a good time and off I went. Took about 45 mins to get in front of the players but it was worth it.

McGill
05-27-2009, 12:08 AM
It's probably harder for him in Canada than the U.S. in that aspect, since there are way more Latin Americans in the U.S. especially in California so I dunno why he left Chivas, seems like a perfect place for him (he must've gotten pissed at the management so he wanted to leave - I wonder why he agreed to come to Canada? :canada:)

Yes it appears so. I bought a TFC ball for the players to sign and when it came to Guevara, he looked at the price sticker and held onto it while going on a random rant with Velez about it in Spanish. I was thoroughly confused :noidea:
Haha, he was probably remarking how he makes $300,000 US a year and he wouldn't spent that much on a soccer ball.

Yohan
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
It's probably harder for him in Canada than the U.S. in that aspect, since there are way more Latin Americans in the U.S. especially in California so I dunno why he left Chivas, seems like a perfect place for him (he must've gotten pissed at the management so he wanted to leave - I wonder why he agreed to come to Canada? :canada:)

all these years of living in US and Canada, and Guevara still can't speak English?

jeez

McGill
05-27-2009, 12:58 AM
all these years of living in US and Canada, and Guevara still can't speak English?

jeez
Have you ever been to Southern U.S.? It's full of Latin Americans, like Miami which is full of Cubans, there's no need to ever even know English and you can fully function.

Yohan
05-27-2009, 05:36 AM
Have you ever been to Southern U.S.? It's full of Latin Americans, like Miami which is full of Cubans, there's no need to ever even know English and you can fully function.
yeah, but Guevara is a professional football player working in an English language environment

you'd think that's an incentive to learn the language

McGill
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
yeah, but Guevara is a professional football player working in an English language environment

you'd think that's an incentive to learn the language
The only incentive for anything he does is $$$ in his pocket, otherwise he'd just stay in Honduras. He doesn't need to accommodate for anyone/anything, everyone/everything accommodates for his lack of English.