PDA

View Full Version : Hard Object Thrown At Galaxy Player?/Another Pitch Invader in Toronto Interrupts Game

mclaren
06-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Sorry if already posted:

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/05/video-hard-object-thrown-at-galaxy.html

tfc_4_ever
06-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I hate that website

Christoff
06-01-2008, 10:18 AM
that "hard object" sure as hell looks like a bag or piece of paper, hell even a wetnap or whatever, it doesnt look like a rock, or glass, i didnt know we had white rocks in toronto that float in the air.

EvanVidinu
06-01-2008, 10:21 AM
that "hard object" sure as hell looks like a bag or piece of paper, hell even a wetnap or whatever, it doesnt look like a rock, or glass, i didnt know we had white rocks in toronto that float in the air.
To me it looks like an unraveled streamer...

Oblio2
06-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I did see one plastic bottle go flying though.....

Carts
06-01-2008, 10:24 AM
How can you trust any site that proudly displays, and bills itself with the phrase "...Got the Dirt? Give us the scoop..." aka "we'll post anything anyone submits to us"... Brutal...

As for the "hard object", It look like a ball of soaking wet napkins to me...

As for the pitch invader - what an IDIOT... Notice the ref motions to Carver and the forth official that he's adding an extra minute onto the clock (looks like that)... I pray to god one of these guys doesn't do it in a 1-goal game, then our opponents even the score in the added minute...

Carts...

Sab0tage
06-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Haha wow, MLS Rumours is such trash.

Broadview
06-01-2008, 10:41 AM
How can you trust any site that proudly displays, and bills itself with the phrase "...Got the Dirt? Give us the scoop..." aka "we'll post anything anyone submits to us"... Brutal...

As for the pitch invader - what an IDIOT... Notice the ref motions to Carver and the forth official that he's adding an extra minute onto the clock (looks like that)... I pray to god one of these guys doesn't do it in a 1-goal game, then our opponents even the score in the added minute...

Carts...

Exactlty!

MLSRumors = National Enquirer of soccer blogs. Drivel.

The pitch invader did cost us an extra minute of extra time. He's an idiot but I wish peoplle would boo rather than cheer when crap like that happens.

The only thing I saw chucked onto the field was a crumpled up beer cup during a LA throw in.

Marco2K
06-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Everyone is jealous of TFC.

Razcle
06-01-2008, 10:43 AM
A ROck???? When have you ever seen a rock have that degree of rotation and not travel like to the middle of the pitch.....Logic please guys....(unless the rock had a wafer core)

stugautz
06-01-2008, 10:44 AM
What a waste of bandwidth.

noochie
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
clearly paper... or streamers... I lol'd. That "article" should be removed.

Lucky Strike
06-01-2008, 10:52 AM
The only thing I saw was a streamer that didn't unravel bounce off a Galaxy player's back. And I did see the referee motion for an extra minute because of the invader.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 10:56 AM
pitch invader......solution.....permanent ban from BMO and loss of seasons tickets or half paks.....

ag futbol
06-01-2008, 10:58 AM
The guy who runs that website is scum, he doesn't deserve the time of day. End of story.

BosakWBC
06-01-2008, 11:11 AM
The pitch invader... he wasn't even wearing red, what a douche

TorontoFC_Matt
06-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Somewone threw a huge role of tape haha I saw that hit the pitch. Cronin just walked over and took it off. He didn't care

Cambridge_Red
06-01-2008, 11:17 AM
It's clearly a streamer that malfunctuned. As for the pitch invader welcome to pro sports hope you enjoy the ride.

TorontoFC_Matt
06-01-2008, 11:18 AM
pitch invader......solution.....permanent ban from BMO and loss of seasons tickets or half paks.....

They do get a lifetime ban. Remember the first one who ran to midfield? It was in the paper he did it to impress his GF on a youtube video. Well the story goes in the paper she left him, and he got a lifetime ban. haha good job

People who do that are part time supporters, they'll never be back anyways

Nomad
06-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Somewone threw a huge role of tape haha I saw that hit the pitch. Cronin just walked over and took it off. He didn't care

No, he was actually pretty pissed.

TFC RealDeal RPB
06-01-2008, 11:27 AM
U hit the nail on the head with that one :canada:

H Bomb
06-01-2008, 11:27 AM
There were (as usual) many hard object coming out of the stands again this week. Although it's totally innapropriate to blame a group on these acts we need to stop acting like it doesn't happen here. Cause it does, every game.

TorontoFC_Matt
06-01-2008, 11:31 AM
No, he was actually pretty pissed.

he seemed more pissed at the empty plastic cup that came down after the 90th minute than at the tape

S_D
06-01-2008, 11:35 AM
The girl who runs that website is scum, she doesn't deserve the time of day. End of story.

It is Jade from Big Soccer that runs the site as far as I know.

She is cute (according to her profile pic) but that pic may be just as fake as her MLS Rumours articles :D

jabbronies
06-01-2008, 11:58 AM
When the pitch invader came on, Carver was livid!!!

TFC07
06-01-2008, 12:01 PM

QFT....

GeorgeB
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
even Carver was yelling at the pitch invader.we in the northend streamered and cursed him LOL

ilikemusic
06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
There were (as usual) many hard object coming out of the stands again this week. Although it's totally innapropriate to blame a group on these acts we need to stop acting like it doesn't happen here. Cause it does, every game.

Ya it happens every single game.

Im not going to be pointing anyone out (unless theyve pissed me off and got me in the wrong mood) but they gotta start throwing people out for throwing crap. I see at least one beer, usually some corn, and streamers balled up every game.

Dont be throwing beer all the time so that when someone tries to shush the crowd again they can get a healthy BMO shower.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Streamer are the limit…absolutely nothing else…

Bottles…beer…pitch invasions all make us look like immature schoolboys…which many of us clearly are…

There are people who really believe this makes us hardcore fans…there were two assholes sitting behind me…one screaming at the top of his lungs…"The refs a fuckin' c*nt"…finally I turned and said, "Enough Little Dick" and he tells me to fuck off…

There's a woman with two small boys, decked out in their TFC gear and she says, "Yeah guys enough…" and he tell her to shut up and watch the game!

Finally they just left to the jeers of the section…I'm getting really fed up with these punks who think this is what being a supporter is about…

jabbronies
06-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Finally they just left to the jeers of the section…I'm getting really fed up with these punks who think this is what being a supporter is about…

The only way to deal with this is to get everyone who feels the same way as you to voice their opinions on it as it's happeneing (as you said happend)

Side story: I was waiting in line at Braisson Head to get in. 4 girls walk up to the doorman to try and get in ahead of everyone else...the whole lineup starts booing and jeering them, doorman looks up and tells them to head to the back of the line.

THERE'S POWER IN NUMBERS PEOPLE!!!!

As for the pitch invader....well that happens everywhere...Even in Golf....

Redpunkfiddle
06-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Some clown near me dunked his rolled streamer into a beer to give Cronin a wet one.

I truly cannot understand how one can waste such precious liquid on schoolyard level stuff.

t.o_moose
06-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Anybody find the humour in the "Poll" on the left side of the page asking: "What should be the penalty for Columbus/Crew supporters?"

The one option says: "Crew play next match in an empty stadium"

:lol: (too easy..)

Roogsy
06-01-2008, 01:38 PM

Bottles…beer…pitch invasions all make us look like immature schoolboys…which many of us clearly are…

There are people who really believe this makes us hardcore fans…there were two assholes sitting behind me…one screaming at the top of his lungs…"The refs a fuckin' c*nt"…finally I turned and said, "Enough Little Dick" and he tells me to fuck off…

There's a woman with two small boys, decked out in their TFC gear and she says, "Yeah guys enough…" and he tell her to shut up and watch the game!

I SOOOO agree with this post.

Even the guys that I sit with in 118 who I consider to be pretty good supporters (aren't in any "group" but go to every game and sing their hearts out) agree that we aren't there to be dicks. To call the ref a wanker when he makes a good call just because it's against TFC? Stupid. To throw anything other than streamers on the pitch? Stupid. And to get the game extended because some douche decides to run on the pitch...listen dude...unless you are naked and have written "TFC" on your chest...it ain't impressing me. My buddy who I was with was laughing and said "Yeah, that's cool" and I disagreed with him and said "See? They extended the game by a minute...what would have happened if this was only a 1 goal game and the extended minute allowed for a tying goal?" He didn't say anyhing.

I hope that guy was a STH...so that the lifetime ban hurts even more.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-01-2008, 01:39 PM

the throwing of stuff really should stop..i mean somethrew a popsicle in from of the LA keeper foolwed by the roll of tape...what did they expect him to do tape it to his mouth? the day when a netting in the supporters end is coming, but lets hope it doesn't come to that.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-01-2008, 01:43 PM
That's exactly what happened…these clowns felt the pressure…

Everyone has the right to support their club in whatever way they choose…but my 75 year old father or the single mom with her two boys don't need to be subjected to the c-word at a TFC game…that's not supporting your team…that just being an asshole…

It's about respect…for your follow supporters and the Club…

Toronto_Bhoy
06-01-2008, 01:53 PM
the throwing of stuff really should stop..i mean somethrew a popsicle in from of the LA keeper foolwed by the roll of tape...what did they expect him to do tape it to his mouth? the day when a netting in the supporters end is coming, but lets hope it doesn't come to that.

My fear exactly!

We have such a great atmosphere…I'd hate to see it curbed in anyway.

Bender
06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND this is where i stop checking that website. They are running out of things to report so they have to create news. That's it for me and that site.

CretanBull
06-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm 90% sure what was thrown on the pitch in that video was a rolled up streamer, that had been thrown before and given back to the crowd...it became wet, compressed and didn't open the second time it was thrown. I say that because I sat in 120 (row 3) and saw a lot of that happening on Saturday and the object in the video looks and acts the exact same way.

mjongstra
06-01-2008, 04:11 PM
That site is a fucking joke. That supposed "hard object" was just a soggy streamer, and the piece that "broke off" was just water kicking up from the field and reflected in the sun after the downpour.

What a joke.

Broadview
06-01-2008, 07:07 PM
They've updated their blog to include:

Additionally an anonymous poster named "H Bomb" on theRed Patch Boys forums stated:

"There were (as usual) many hard object coming out of the stands again this week. Although it's totally innapropriate to blame a group on these acts we need to stop acting like it doesn't happen here. Cause it does, every game."

Posted by:
H Bomb
RPB Member

To which someone else responded:

"Ya it happens every single game.

Im not going to be pointing anyone out (unless theyve pissed me off and got me in the wrong mood) but they gotta start throwing people out for throwing crap. I see at least one beer, usually some corn, and streamers balled up every game.

Dont be throwing beer all the time so that when someone tries to shush the crowd again they can get a healthy BMO shower."

And someone else chimed in:

"the throwing of stuff really should stop..i mean somethrew a popsicle in from of the LA keeper foolwed by the roll of tape...what did they expect him to do tape it to his mouth? the day when a netting in the supporters end is coming, but lets hope it doesn't come to that."

Should we feel violated somehow? I sorta do and none of those were my posts.
Garbage site.

wisnae me
06-01-2008, 10:27 PM

So that’s where Rumsfeld is spending his time lately….seems like old habits die hard in yankland .

Blizzard
06-01-2008, 10:28 PM
An incredibly ridiculous over-reaction to what sure looked like a piece of paper blowing in the wind.

Jack
06-02-2008, 09:18 AM
This is just a reminder to us all that a lot of people read what we post and things can be taken out of context very easily.

Be careful what you say/type on a public forum.

Also, to add to the lameness: Why is it that the cops stand and glare all game at the supporters sections while both pitch invaders have come from other parts of the stadium? Kind of funny if you ask me.

TFCtorcida
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
while that MLS rumors website is shite, they are right about more than streamers being thrown onto the field. Im not saying hard objects like they claim but I do see a lot of garbage being thrown onto the field this season. If you wanna throw something, buy some streams. That’s the only thing that should be thrown. and the idiots who run onto the field are just wasting everyone’s time. Both the pitch invaders and morons throwing garbage onto the field might think they are adding to the atmosphere but its the exact opposite.

werewolf
06-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Also, to add to the lameness: Why is it that the cops stand and glare all game at the supporters sections while both pitch invaders have come from other parts of the stadium? Kind of funny if you ask me.

Now this is a post actually worthy of being used on another site